• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Ask an ESFP anything.

grey matters

The Old Grey Silly One
Local time
Yesterday 7:27 PM
-->
Unless you are an ESFP that is channeling the spirit of an INTP I do not believe you are an ESFP, and I thought that it was generally agreed that you are not an ESFP. This thread is more like a dear Dr No10diots thread where we ask questions and you try to respond like an ESFP. The fact that you are doing such a poor job of it is amusing.

Local time
Today 1:27 AM
-->
Unless you are an ESFP that is channeling the spirit of an INTP I do not believe you are an ESFP, and I thought that it was generally agreed that you are not an ESFP. This thread is more like a dear Dr No10diots thread where we ask questions and you try to respond like an ESFP. The fact that you are doing such a poor job of it is amusing.
The problem is that I am an ESFP.

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
Yesterday 6:27 PM
-->
your writing defines your age. Oh no!

Fedayeen

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:27 PM
-->
fa⋅ce⋅tious   [fuh-see-shuhs]
–adjective
1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

per⋅so⋅na   [per-soh-nuh] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -nae  [-nee] Show IPA Pronunciation , -nas.
1. a person.
2. personae, the characters in a play, novel, etc.
3. the narrator of or a character in a literary work, sometimes identified with the author.
4. (in the psychology of C. G. Jung) the mask or façade presented to satisfy the demands of the situation or the environment and not representing the inner personality of the individual; the public personality (contrasted with anima ).
5. a person's perceived or evident personality, as that of a well-known official, actor, or celebrity; personal image; public role.

In other words exactly what he is doing in this thread.

Local time
-->
In other words exactly what he is doing in this thread.
The context of my alias will not apply to every thread that I create. You are presuming that I am acting with this motive.

Artifice Orisit

Highlighting the presumptions of others is a typical INTP pursuit,

But assuming you are an ESFP I ask you this...
In my dreams I'm telekinetic regardless of being lucid or not, what does this imply about my wakeful persona?

Fedayeen

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
The context of my alias will not apply to every thread that I create. You are presuming that I am acting with this motive.

No I simply find it ironic, and amusing.

Local time
-->
Highlighting the presumptions of others is a typical INTP pursuit,

But assuming you are an ESFP I ask you this...
In my dreams I'm telekinetic regardless of being lucid or not, what does this imply about my wakeful persona?
You're a Wizard (AKA: an INTP).

Artifice Orisit

At once dissatisfying simple yet factual and succinct.

Your "E" & "P" functions are now proven.

zxc

Most Excellent
Local time
Today 11:27 AM
-->
The main problem is that you don't write like an ESFP (assuming that they know how to write). Your sentences are well-structured and contain no punctuation mistakes. You're fooling nobody! You must act the fool to fool the rest of us.

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
The main problem is that you don't write like an ESFP (assuming that they know how to write). Your sentences are well-structured and contain no punctuation mistakes. You're fooling nobody! You must act the fool to fool the rest of us.
Agreed. And I don't agree with the "E" yet. I feel Face could be an INTP- I mean, look at how she critiques and revises small written details in this thread. She's also writing briefly (to try not to reveal the farce) and is pretty defensive. A real ESFP (I haven't met any? But I'm friends with an ESTP) would have lots to say and wouldn't totally pick up on everything.

Also, interested in Go? That's not a typical ESFP thing :-P

Local time
-->
Agreed. And I don't agree with the "E" yet. I feel Face could be an INTP- I mean, look at how she critiques and revises small written details in this thread. She's also writing briefly (to try not to reveal the farce) and is pretty defensive. A real ESFP (I haven't met any? But I'm friends with an ESTP) would have lots to say and wouldn't totally pick up on everything.

Also, interested in Go? That's not a typical ESFP thing :-P

CivilianJones decisively defeated me when we played Go. My pride!

naberus

Local time
-->
You're purpose in society is to entertain, how do you go about doing this?

Red Mage

Local time
-->
I would like to ask an ESFP!

Theory: ESFP is the personality type most prone to having troll-like behavior, or behavior that can be misinterpreted as troll-like. Do you agree?

Red Mage

Local time
-->
ENFP would probably be more troll-like in my estimation.

And an ISTJ would be most likely to fall for the troll's tricks.

Interesting. My reasoning for S over N is because Ns typically think before they speak and Ss just speak. A very important troll trait, in my opinion. Curious, what do you think makes ENFP more troll-like? Is it because they're typically more random and less focused?

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
Yesterday 8:27 PM
-->
Interesting. My reasoning for S over N is because Ns typically think before they speak and Ss just speak. A very important troll trait, in my opinion. Curious, what do you think makes ENFP more troll-like? Is it because they're typically more random and less focused?
Well, I suppose it depends on the type of troll being described. I think an N type is more likely to actually fool others into thinking they're real. An S type would probably just insult and/or post spam.

Also, Ne is often described as being able to see things "as if", which I think applies to trolls who engage in roleplaying as someone much different from themselves. Being more random might also make someone seem troll-like, even if they don't mean to be.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
^Yes. I think trolls with a hidden agenda are more often Ns. S for Spamming. It's the experience of excess and riling up that they enjoy.

Local time
-->
I would like to ask an ESFP!

Theory: ESFP is the personality type most prone to having troll-like behavior, or behavior that can be misinterpreted as troll-like. Do you agree?

ESFPs thrive on attention in the present external world due to their dominant functional preference, extraverted sensing. They are interested in experiencing stimula through interaction in their current social world, which may lead them to creating the circumstances for them to receive attention (ie: being overly melodramtic).

In my opinion, it is probable for an ESFP to manipulate people into providing attention when they are dependent on it for enjoyment with life and it is their primary interest. The methods they utilize to obtain this attention will depend on their character and morals, I think. My morals are low, and I am willing to be ruthlessly seek any attention that I crave.

People have to understand that each type have requirements, and the requirements of a type may seem unusual or wrong to other types. There will be exceptions, of course, but I am referring to the norm I would expect to observe.

An average ESFP may gain attention through an activity at which they are talented, such as acting or poltiics, but other ESFPs might resort to other techniques that could be classified as 'immoral'. Attention is their natural need. It is possible for an ESFP to be intelligent when their other functions are adequately developed, but their motivations will typically revolve around pleasing extroverted sensing (present stimula from the external world) due to it's their dominant process.

Top Bottom