• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What songs are you listening to? /III/

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 10:20 AM
-->
Perseus has gained Andromeda:

The subject matter was based on the place I live, fun fact:

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:20 PM
-->
Hmm, lots of cool stuff being posted here lately.

This will probably horrify most people but I find Roger Doyle to be the only composer that strikes a nerve with me lately. Not going to analyse why, but some psychologist would probably have a field day with that.

Rebis

Local time
-->

I view myself as independent, is it a fixation of being 22? :o

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Nah, it gets worse as you get older....only you'll be faced with so much proof that you're not that you'll end up paranoid like me.

:act-up:

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Today 11:20 AM
-->
@Polaris I've never heard Roger Doyle before. Love that, reminds me of Niko and the velvet underground, with some Air hooks in the background, and spiced up with ekstra dissonance.

Rebis

Local time
-->

Nah, it gets worse as you get older....only you'll be faced with so much proof that you're not that you'll end up paranoid like me.

:act-up:

Copied the wrong media link, review song. I think I'm functionally independent, I don't really talk to my family much and I resolve most problems by myself. A lot of people say students aren't independent because they rely on the government, but I mean I'll be doing a job that some company needs to produce a lot more profit than slaving away in a restaurant, profit defined as the tax the company pays and the tax I pay going over a particular bracket that otherwise wouldn't be there with a lack of education. They're giving me loans not free money, how lucrative for them to charge me to get an education and charge me more for earning more money from said education.

Having said that it's problem the freedom of youth, maybe I'll become more family oriented in the future.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Polaris I've never heard Roger Doyle before. Love that, reminds me of Niko and the velvet underground, with some Air hooks in the background, and spiced up with ekstra dissonance.

Roger Doyle's a troll. His stuff brings me right back to the 80s and 90s - mullets, shoulder pads and local amateur theatre with a bunch of fucked up people drugged up on prozac rather than the psychedelics of the Velvet Underground days, lol. Those were the days...:ahh:

Edit: That's a really nice piece, btw. Reminds me of Digitonal, if you know them.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Copied the wrong media link, review song. I think I'm functionally independent, I don't really talk to my family much and I resolve most problems by myself. A lot of people say students aren't independent because they rely on the government, but I mean I'll be doing a job that some company needs to produce a lot more profit than slaving away in a restaurant, profit defined as the tax the company pays and the tax I pay going over a particular bracket that otherwise wouldn't be there with a lack of education. They're giving me loans not free money, how lucrative for them to charge me to get an education and charge me more for earning more money from said education.

Having said that it's problem the freedom of youth, maybe I'll become more family oriented in the future.

That's the sort of old school Hip Hop I don't mind. When you become more fixated on the lyrics than the melody, which is rare for me. You may like Paper Tiger from the UK, but they are a bit more self-deprecating...kinda typical for Brits.

Edit: lol, that's quite a different tack....I like that as well. Lucky I have eclectic music taste! I was wondering what the connection was with what you wrote :confused:

The criticisms against students is just empty ammo, fired by people who fear knowledge/illumination. I don't know. These days I'm more inclined to want to slave away in a small restaurant rather than make profits for some company that aims to suffocate community through land aquisition (what happens here in Australia with large corporations such as Woolies, Coles and McDonalds). I dunno, I just miss the community feeling. Perhaps because I've severed family ties for good, so need a replacement of sorts...but yeah, I understand what you are saying although no need to justify for my sake. I come from a country where education is free (not Straya). In general it seems education has become a weapon that politicians will use against people, ironically. Educated people have become a problem. Perhaps they have always been for those who fear change, which is why universities are now run like businesses...there's no "independence" to speak of.

Family, community...one way or the other, I think they are both essential for healthy progress...

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Today 11:20 AM
-->
Roger Doyle's a troll. His stuff brings me right back to the 80s and 90s - mullets, shoulder pads and local amateur theatre with a bunch of fucked up people drugged up on prozac rather than the psychedelics of the Velvet Underground days, lol. Those were the days...:ahh:

Edit: That's a really nice piece, btw. Reminds me of Digitonal, if you know them.

The closest I've gotten to experiencing the 80s is MacGyver (lol) and that Black Mirror episode San Junipero (awesome). People actually got high off prozac? I guess if you take enough it'll work similarly to Ecstasy? Sadly I can't try it, since I have a gene which makes prozac ineffective. I wish I had a time machine, @Cognisant you'll get right on that, right?

If we're doing Hip Hop, check this out:

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Today 6:20 AM
-->
@Rebis I dig CL. She's late to the game though with rap/hiphop. QueenHoneyC was/is the OG.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Damn I need an asian in my life, shame the country I'm from isn't culturally diverse. Most asians over here exist inside their familial bubbles, just match with me on tinder girll.

INFPs give me the feels, I like the energy.

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Today 6:20 AM
-->
@Rebis No asian girl of class is going to date you if you call her "an asian". Just saying.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
The closest I've gotten to experiencing the 80s is MacGyver (lol) and that Black Mirror episode San Junipero (awesome). People actually got high off prozac? I guess if you take enough it'll work similarly to Ecstasy? Sadly I can't try it, since I have a gene which makes prozac ineffective.

Hehe, not high, but I guess any such drug is going to alter your mind in some way so I would say yes, a lot of people I was aquainted with were on the "happy pills". It seems it was just prescribed very loosely back then - not sure how it is now. I just sometimes wonder if the 80s and 90s were a bit of a come-down from the 60s and 70s, there was a lot of change/confusion in terms of direction, style, technology, values, etc. I was a bit goth, but not overly...just wore a lot of black clothing, lol.

I guess I should post some music...

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 12:20 PM
-->

Kormak

Local time
-->
Damn I need an asian in my life, shame the country I'm from isn't culturally diverse. Most asians over here exist inside their familial bubbles, just match with me on tinder girll.

e_e are you sure about that?

Idk man... I spent years on INFP forums... dated one.. my impression was that they are unreasonably idealistic unique snowflakes... to the point where their conception of the world harms them mentally.. yet they refuse any advice to help fix it. Pure utter masochism.

:S Ti tends to box things and ppl into categories, Ne generalizes... but their Fi absolutely negates all that and throws it out the window. The very way an NTP sees the world is anathema to an NFP. ^^; conflict is in your future.

Rebis

Local time
-->

e_e are you sure about that?

Idk man... I spent years on INFP forums... dated one.. my impression was that they are unreasonably idealistic unique snowflakes... to the point where their conception of the world harms them mentally.. yet they refuse any advice to help fix it. Pure utter masochism.

:S Ti tends to box things and ppl into categories, Ne generalizes... but their Fi absolutely negates all that and throws it out the window. The very way an NTP sees the world is anathema to an NFP.

Yeah it's kinda a pipe dream for me, I like them for a bit and then realise the utter flaws and differences that cripple the interaction. I then forget about this and jump in again, for a limited time it's pretty lovely.

A cyclical process of:
"We want what we don't have"
obtains previous want
"We want what we dont have"

Rebis

Local time
-->

The third one is particularly fantastic, a pleasant surprise at 3:50

Kormak

Local time
-->

Kormak

Local time
-->

Kormak

Local time
-->
You're posting all the metal I actually liked at a point. Ensiferum, Insonmium, Korpiklaani, Tyr, Solstafir. I'm surprised.

:P we have good taste in music, thats all.

Recently I have come to enjoy synthwave quite a lot:

EDIT: I also like a lot of non mainstream stuff, that is more edgy. I don't enjoy relaxing music tbh.

Kormak

Local time
-->
XD yeah, i 100% don;t like relaxing music. It puts me to sleep. I need stimulation. STRONG stimulation. Is this an extroverted thing?

Rebis

Local time
-->
I listen to music based on my mood, to relax if I'm too energised it's classical, to energise for doing work it's a lot of cheesy AMVs. Kanye if I have a lot socially going on.

Rebis

Local time
-->
To all the girls that party and want me to party with them everytime they go out:

Kormak

Local time
-->
I listen to music based on my mood, to relax if I'm too energised it's classical, to energise for doing work it's a lot of cheesy AMVs. Kanye if I have a lot socially going on.

I wonder if this is extroversion in my case. I'm not very social tbh, but I absolutely need external stimulation of some kind all the time or I go into this emotionless apathetic lazy state which forces me to seek stimulation. Bored zombie lol. I know many introverts say they suffer from sensory overstimulation, but in my case there is no such thing. I seek out, engage with and enjoy overstimulation. Moshing at a metal festival is gr8 imo.

e_e now that i think about it, when I first went to uni and rented this place alone... i was without much human contact for 3 months and it almost drove me to suicide, got really freaking depressed being in that apartment without internet.

I'm guessing this is why I have always been a HUGE power metal fan:

Rebis

Local time
-->

I wonder if this is extroversion in my case. I'm not very social tbh, but I absolutely need external stimulation of some kind all the time or I go into this emotionless apathetic lazy state which forces me to seek stimulation. Bored zombie lol. I know many introverts say they suffer from sensory overstimulation, but in my case there is no such thing. I seek out, engage with and enjoy overstimulation. Moshing at a metal festival is gr8 imo.

e_e now that i think about it, when I first went to uni and rented this place alone... i was without much human contact for 3 months and it almost drove me to suicide, got really freaking depressed being in that apartment without internet.

I'm guessing this is why I have always been a HUGE power metal fan:

The only time I would mosh is when I was shitfaced, If I'm self-aware for even a second it's like "What the fuck am I actually doing here?"

I wonder if Jung included simulated reality, such as TV with narratives and media-consumption into his definition of intraversion/extraversion. I mean you can experience a lot more stimulus at the press of a button nowadays. I don't enjoy overstimulation really, only when I'm preparing to get drunk or something, I put on loud party tunes to fit the mood.

I do a lot of fitting, I plan for this behaviour and that behaviour, these people that person. It's like a ritual in some ways.

Top Bottom