• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What do you eat/drink to optimize your productivity, energy, and/or focus for work or school?

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Today 2:17 AM
-->
What do you eat to optimize your productivity, energy, and/or focus for work or school?

I don't eat at set times, but I generally don't eat anything that spikes my blood sugar and then leads to a huge crash afterwards, unless it is caffeine or fruit, occasionally.

I am hooked on sweeteners (i.e. fake sugar), and this supposedly increases insulin so I've been trying to eat it in conjunction with a plant-based fat or some fiber to minimize the negative effects. It also is giving me headaches so I'm really going to have to cut back over time.

I am probably more active than the average American, however the people around me would likely consider me close to sedentary, lol. Thus, food ends up being my main focus fuel rather than post-exercise endorphins.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:17 AM
-->
Caffeine and loads of it. You kinda reminded me that I’ve forgotten about L-theanine (a compound found in for example chamomile tea). I used to mix that with caffeine to get a really nice and steady focus.

I also use nicotine. I was going to quit, but then I read that it enhances focus, so...

moody

Local time
Yesterday 11:17 PM
-->
Fruit, soy and soy protein, lentils, vegetables, nuts, grains. That's the most of it. I like to bake a lot, as it's hard to find vegan sweet-things in stores (and not hard to make them and they all taste better, IDK why people think vegan-ising desserts create some alien life-form).

Take some time dedicated to meal prepping, and you'll be able to last longer in the day (and spend less money!)

I drink a lot of tea and coffee. A LOT. I'm a fiend.

t also is giving me headaches so I'm really going to have to cut back over time.

Hence the problem with artificial sweeteners....don't do a lot of justice in large amounts on your body. I think it may be beneficial to keep track of when you have headaches and what you ate that day pinpoint what sweeteners or additives you should avoid.

Tenacity

Local time
-->
Caffeine and loads of it. You kinda reminded me that I’ve forgotten about L-theanine (a compound found in for example chamomile tea). I used to mix that with caffeine to get a really nice and steady focus.

I also use nicotine. I was going to quit, but then I read that it enhances focus, so...

Ooh, I'll try coffee and chamomile. I just had some coffee now.

Does it really enhance focus? Haha. I've heard it reduces appetite - That would be the main appealing thing for me, however I've never been into nicotine so I'll probably be risk averse and not start.

Fruit, soy and soy protein, lentils, vegetables, nuts, grains. That's the most of it. I like to bake a lot, as it's hard to find vegan sweet-things in stores (and not hard to make them and they all taste better, IDK why people think vegan-ising desserts create some alien life-form).

Take some time dedicated to meal prepping, and you'll be able to last longer in the day (and spend less money!)

I drink a lot of tea and coffee. A LOT. I'm a fiend.

t also is giving me headaches so I'm really going to have to cut back over time.

Hence the problem with artificial sweeteners....don't do a lot of justice in large amounts on your body. I think it may be beneficial to keep track of when you have headaches and what you ate that day pinpoint what sweeteners or additives you should avoid.

I try to do vegan meals at least 50% of the week, and in some cases I actually have to due to numerous food allergies I have.

I ate half a jar of cashew butter today. I went a bit overboard but it was still amazing. Steady energy all day lol. Sometimes I'll mix nut butter with cocoa powder and sweetener to create a sort of vegan frosting. But next time I'll leave out the sweetener. Cashew butter ends up tasting sweet on its own imo.

I also drink a lot of coffee and tea. I remember the time I tried to cut back not that far back ago... nope. Life is just not as stimulating. It's part of my personal brand. :)

moody

Local time
-->
I try to do vegan meals at least 50% of the week, and in some cases I actually have to due to numerous food allergies I have.

I understand, I am (unfortunately) a highly sensitive individual, so I'm pretty vigilant of what the ingredients are. I just don't eat processed food often, because it's not worth randomly feelingly ill all day due to hidden preservatives, addictives, or artificial sweeteners. I never had meat but I used to have dairy/eggs sometimes growing up; I started natrurally weaning off when I was on my own because I starting noticing how much better I felt without any dairy or eggs, and eventually stopped eating them at all. I've never felt more in control of how I feel on a regular basis before completely transitioning. The processing for eggs and dairy can be killer to sensitive types--I never knew why I got headaches after eating eggs, before I found out that they often use preservatives on them.

Let me know if you want any tips on vegan meals/meal prep! It can be difficult when you don't intuitively know things to make/how to prepare quickly.

mr_darker

Local time
Today 1:17 AM
-->
Back at my first job, I'd just go to work, go home, stay up all night working on stuff, go back to work. Lived with cats im severely allergic to, for one year had immunotherapy and became immune, then the next 3 years after quitting that were miserable as it came back full force where you go to asleep wondering if you'll wake up or suffocate. BUT I'd go buy epinepherine (adrenaline) to go inhale if needed for breathing (one day had to take a 5 minute breathing brake just from backing a car out of the garage at work), would take nyquil every morning to coutneract severe allergies (being tired was way better than being all gross and sneezy n shit), then a monster to counteract the nyquil when that became a daily thing but you can generally power through the tiredness of the nyquil and once you get over a period of time you stop feeling tired and remain allergy symptom free (nyquil is the only thing i knew of that worked, no time to risk trying something else and it doesnt work).

2nd job, working 80+ hours a week, irregular hours so hard to coordinate sleep, plus workaholic so id stay up all night after work on my own stuff lol. Then go work two 14-18 hour days back to back where you'd stay overnight in a hotel, but have a leave time that's 3 hours from your arrival. I was the only driver for the company, so the 6 hours a day of driving that everyone else got to sleep, i didn't (and i thought i got paid more for it lolololol). Worse, had to drive everyone around during lunch breaks, which were mandatory, can't just keep working gotta waste everyone's time/money just sitting there, or if you're the driver like me, drivign everyone around, can't use that half hour for sleep. Would piss me off when people pile in the van and not a single person actually gets food, they all just wanted to ride along with to the food places. So much sleep deprivation that I'd regularly swerve over the lines at least 5 times a day, about just as many microsleeps (brain forcing sleep) behind the wheel a day. A few times you'd go completely over the line and jsut by luck the passenger is awake too and is like wake up lol. Would drink so many energy drinks, one particularly bad day I had 4 Rip-Its, and 5 energy shots, still fell asleep on the drive home. Got pretty good at driving asleep tho, no accidents, but you'd do things like be going 70, coming up on a 55mph semi, and not see the semi or think you gotta switch lanes til about 10 feet form the semi lol. Quit that job, company was waaay to screwed up, and wasn't about to die to count tshirts at some random store.

3rd job, had a regular schedule n job, hated the job and the boss (with a passion) so made it through the day by suffering through the job til a point in my life where i was ready to quit.

4th (current) job, weirdest job ive ever had, not sure i'd call it a job. Night shift basically sit here, do some paperwork that i've automated with a program i wrote, 8 hours ngihtly, just work on my own projects, watch netflix, sleep, whatever u wanna do, just make sure i check on people once every half hour. AND more pay than any of my other jobs, and far less hours or work for it. Still, bad decisions with sleep (plus I drive 4 hours a day between work and home, so less free time), and I try to avoid sleeping at work, so I acutally bring a monster or two and drink it if im struggling to stay awake. Currently trying to get on a good schedule/routine and not have to drink mosnters, because it's all bad for you, I don't even like drinking caffine lol.

Used to be in the national guard. During annual training they'd do traning exercises sometimes where you'd not sleep all night, once where they secretly decided we all keep going until a driver falls asleep in one of their vehicles (happened in a one man vehicle lol). How'd I keep going with that? Pretended I was awake, Don't committ to full on sleeping, don't committ to staying awake either. Look through the night vision scope, rest your head on the buttstock, rest the gun in a supported firing position, any time you wake up, switch directions you're looking a bit. Give the impression you're thoroughly scanning the fields for them bad guys.

Also at my first job, I'd hear people tell stories, one guy told a story of how in his old days he used to drive semis full of coke across the country, and he'd use it too to stay awake for dayyyyz lol. So that's always an option. Not a smart one, but an option xD

Overall though, what keeps me going, is knowing im screwed if I fall asleep n get fired or something. And just wanting to get things done if it's extra stuff I do. Too bad I can't focus all my work to be efficiently productive. My biggest issue, is i got a girlfriend, which is a major hamper on productivity and efficiency in life, yet, I got issues and a codependency, so she is also how I productivity. Historically, I've had days I was unable to get out of bed at all or do anything, just lay there til i was able to sleep again and not be awake. Then you get a girlfriend and bam, productivity and completely forget you got crippling life-issues/problems until you're single again and the world falls apart again til further notice.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Does it really enhance focus? Haha. I've heard it reduces appetite - That would be the main appealing thing for me, however I've never been into nicotine so I'll probably be risk averse and not start.
Oh yes it enhances focus. You basically get all the good parts of the caffeine (alertness, focus) while the chamomile removes the jittery feeling, racing heartbeat etc. I recommend mixing green tea with chamomile (and perhaps your favorite sweetener). It actually tastes surprisingly good as well.

Tenacity

Local time
-->

I understand, I am (unfortunately) a highly sensitive individual, so I'm pretty vigilant of what the ingredients are. I just don't eat processed food often, because it's not worth randomly feelingly ill all day due to hidden preservatives, addictives, or artificial sweeteners. I never had meat but I used to have dairy/eggs sometimes growing up; I started natrurally weaning off when I was on my own because I starting noticing how much better I felt without any dairy or eggs, and eventually stopped eating them at all. I've never felt more in control of how I feel on a regular basis before completely transitioning. The processing for eggs and dairy can be killer to sensitive types--I never knew why I got headaches after eating eggs, before I found out that they often use preservatives on them.

Let me know if you want any tips on vegan meals/meal prep! It can be difficult when you don't intuitively know things to make/how to prepare quickly.

Ooh! Yes! I took your advice on meal prep and today I made a huge pot of braised vegetables and split them into several containers.

I generally do a flexible ketogenic diet, so my carb intake will on average be 20g - 35g ~6 days a week and 100g once a week (real keto dieters or lifestyle people will shame me for this, but I have to deal with my stress somehow). This is why I am obsessed with nut butters, nut milks, avocados, and fattier things of that nature. If your none of your recipes include those feel free to suggest your favorite recipe and it will most likely work out on my higher carb day :) Always looking for a new non-boring way to cook vegetables or to utilize things like frozen berries, too.

Back at my first job, I'd just go to work, go home, stay up all night working on stuff, go back to work. Lived with cats im severely allergic to, for one year had immunotherapy and became immune, then the next 3 years after quitting that were miserable as it came back full force where you go to asleep wondering if you'll wake up or suffocate. BUT I'd go buy epinepherine (adrenaline) to go inhale if needed for breathing (one day had to take a 5 minute breathing brake just from backing a car out of the garage at work), would take nyquil every morning to coutneract severe allergies (being tired was way better than being all gross and sneezy n shit), then a monster to counteract the nyquil when that became a daily thing but you can generally power through the tiredness of the nyquil and once you get over a period of time you stop feeling tired and remain allergy symptom free (nyquil is the only thing i knew of that worked, no time to risk trying something else and it doesnt work).

2nd job, working 80+ hours a week, irregular hours so hard to coordinate sleep, plus workaholic so id stay up all night after work on my own stuff lol. Then go work two 14-18 hour days back to back where you'd stay overnight in a hotel, but have a leave time that's 3 hours from your arrival. I was the only driver for the company, so the 6 hours a day of driving that everyone else got to sleep, i didn't (and i thought i got paid more for it lolololol). Worse, had to drive everyone around during lunch breaks, which were mandatory, can't just keep working gotta waste everyone's time/money just sitting there, or if you're the driver like me, drivign everyone around, can't use that half hour for sleep. Would piss me off when people pile in the van and not a single person actually gets food, they all just wanted to ride along with to the food places. So much sleep deprivation that I'd regularly swerve over the lines at least 5 times a day, about just as many microsleeps (brain forcing sleep) behind the wheel a day. A few times you'd go completely over the line and jsut by luck the passenger is awake too and is like wake up lol. Would drink so many energy drinks, one particularly bad day I had 4 Rip-Its, and 5 energy shots, still fell asleep on the drive home. Got pretty good at driving asleep tho, no accidents, but you'd do things like be going 70, coming up on a 55mph semi, and not see the semi or think you gotta switch lanes til about 10 feet form the semi lol. Quit that job, company was waaay to screwed up, and wasn't about to die to count tshirts at some random store.

3rd job, had a regular schedule n job, hated the job and the boss (with a passion) so made it through the day by suffering through the job til a point in my life where i was ready to quit.

4th (current) job, weirdest job ive ever had, not sure i'd call it a job. Night shift basically sit here, do some paperwork that i've automated with a program i wrote, 8 hours ngihtly, just work on my own projects, watch netflix, sleep, whatever u wanna do, just make sure i check on people once every half hour. AND more pay than any of my other jobs, and far less hours or work for it. Still, bad decisions with sleep (plus I drive 4 hours a day between work and home, so less free time), and I try to avoid sleeping at work, so I acutally bring a monster or two and drink it if im struggling to stay awake. Currently trying to get on a good schedule/routine and not have to drink mosnters, because it's all bad for you, I don't even like drinking caffine lol.

Used to be in the national guard. During annual training they'd do traning exercises sometimes where you'd not sleep all night, once where they secretly decided we all keep going until a driver falls asleep in one of their vehicles (happened in a one man vehicle lol). How'd I keep going with that? Pretended I was awake, Don't committ to full on sleeping, don't committ to staying awake either. Look through the night vision scope, rest your head on the buttstock, rest the gun in a supported firing position, any time you wake up, switch directions you're looking a bit. Give the impression you're thoroughly scanning the fields for them bad guys.

Also at my first job, I'd hear people tell stories, one guy told a story of how in his old days he used to drive semis full of coke across the country, and he'd use it too to stay awake for dayyyyz lol. So that's always an option. Not a smart one, but an option xD

Overall though, what keeps me going, is knowing im screwed if I fall asleep n get fired or something. And just wanting to get things done if it's extra stuff I do. Too bad I can't focus all my work to be efficiently productive. My biggest issue, is i got a girlfriend, which is a major hamper on productivity and efficiency in life, yet, I got issues and a codependency, so she is also how I productivity. Historically, I've had days I was unable to get out of bed at all or do anything, just lay there til i was able to sleep again and not be awake. Then you get a girlfriend and bam, productivity and completely forget you got crippling life-issues/problems until you're single again and the world falls apart again til further notice.

Wowwwww. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you're alive, a lot of those jobs sounded dangerous and I'm glad your most recent job is the most suited for you without you risking dying just to work. Jeez. So, caffeine/energy drinks or basically being a zombie i.e. half awake/half asleep are you go-to strategies, and also your girlfriend - That is actually super sweet. You have someone to actually live with/live for/share meaning and life experiences with and she naturally keeps you productive.

Oh yes it enhances focus. You basically get all the good parts of the caffeine (alertness, focus) while the chamomile removes the jittery feeling, racing heartbeat etc. I recommend mixing green tea with chamomile (and perhaps your favorite sweetener). It actually tastes surprisingly good as well.

Nice, nice, I'll keep those combinations in mind. Big fan of green tea too. I should actually be replacing some of my coffee with a lot more tea.

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 8:17 AM
-->
I'm not very good at keeping a schedule, so outside of my sleep everything happens according to circumstance.

I maintain 7,5 to 8 hours of sleep during weekdays, due to work which starts at 6:30 AM I go to sleep at 9 PM and wake up around 5:30 AM. I maintain this on the weekends as well if I can.

I eat a balanced diet (basically everything and avoid processed food for the most part), but I do maintain 18/6 intermitent fasting during weekdays. I just skip breakfast and eat for the first time during lunch break at 11:30, then when I get home at 16:00 to 17:00. I won't eat till the next lunch break after that.

I sunbathe daily for at least 30 minutes, on the weekends around noon time, weekdays while I eat outside during lunch break and after eati g at home around 5 PM for vitamin D. This happens in winter as well, getting sunlight keeps depression away.

I have been doing "mewing" for well over a year now with the goal of only stopping when i'm dead. It has pretty much fixed my sleep apnea and snoring, which is gr8. If you don't know what that is: its basic toungue posture to stop mouth breathing.

I have a 3x a week exercise routine using the freeletics app for strength and muscle gains. Its pretty tough HIIT exercise for about 40 minutes or less. I do it when i have time during the week, keeps me in shape. I would lift, but that requires more effort with nutrition and maintaining bigger muscle mass is a pain in the ass waste of time and effort.

All of this basically gives me a lot of energy for all the other stuff I do and also keeps depression at bay. Oy heah, I avoid drinking alkohol outside of situations where it's rude to abstain, also no coffee, no cigs, no other drugs, no weed and no soda. Its relativeley easy as I never enjoyed alkohol, cigs or coffe and I don't have a sweet tooth. My greatest vice tho is very spicy foods.... sometimes I crave that stuff a lot.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I just exercise more to keep me from overthinking and sloth

exercise is the best way to beat procrastinate. when you procrastinate less on exercise, you procrastinate less in everythineg else.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
Vitamin B, eggs, and water. I'm going do whatever I feel like while I'm young and be dead instead of old.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 7:17 AM
-->
For me it's more about avoiding what feels more like shit. I love coffee, but it gives me horrible brain fog and makes me unfocused. A lot of food will just fuck my shit up.

Though, DMAE and choline do reduce brain fog a lot.

I'm generally more clear headed after hours of not eating anything.

Kormak

Local time
-->
For me it's more about avoiding what feels more like shit. I love coffee, but it gives me horrible brain fog and makes me unfocused. A lot of food will just fuck my shit up.

Though, DMAE and choline do reduce brain fog a lot.

I'm generally more clear headed after hours of not eating anything.

Try 16/8 or 18/6 IF (intermittent fasting), maybe it will work for your brain fog if you time it well.

Btw I tried to fast for an entire week, by day 4 I experienced the clearest state of mind I ever had. Too bad I had low energy... the odd part was that by this time I ceased feeling hungry.

So far what worked better was weekly exercise routine + sleeping 8 hours a night. My previous mind fog is gone.... warning it might come with testosterone induced body pimples and increased agression (it did for me)

lightfire

Local time
-->
Oh nice. I fasted for a week a few weeks ago. By day 4, my stomach shrank so that it was doing portion control for me. I found out I could get really full with eating way less. Also cut out all refined carbs/fried/empty calorie foods from my diet in general. I dont have a sweet tooth so that helps. It feels g00d. I may do the fasting for a week thing again.

Tenacity

Local time
-->
I have been doing "mewing" for well over a year now with the goal of only stopping when i'm dead. It has pretty much fixed my sleep apnea and snoring, which is gr8. If you don't know what that is: its basic toungue posture to stop mouth breathing.

Is it supposed to look weird in public? When I do it, it makes my thyroid area jut out. Once I did this and someone immediately asked if I was thirsty likely because they noticed me being weird with my throat/tongue lol.

I just exercise more to keep me from overthinking and sloth

exercise is the best way to beat procrastinate. when you procrastinate less on exercise, you procrastinate less in everythineg else.

True, true!

Blah. I rely on coffee. I basically can't function without it, indicating my dependence. You're lucky. I've tried to change but upon the cost-benefit analysis on my life/lifestyle I've accepted it as my chosen vice.

However, I totally agree that the general sentiment towards optimizing for productivity when it comes to consumption is that is better to focus on avoiding bad things than trying to add things.

A lot of food definitely is a no go for me. Sometimes I can't believe I used to be a fan of buffets.

Try 16/8 or 18/6 IF (intermittent fasting), maybe it will work for your brain fog if you time it well.

Btw I tried to fast for an entire week, by day 4 I experienced the clearest state of mind I ever had. Too bad I had low energy... the odd part was that by this time I ceased feeling hungry.

So far what worked better was weekly exercise routine + sleeping 8 hours a night. My previous mind fog is gone.... warning it might come with testosterone induced body pimples and increased agression (it did for me)

Oh nice. I fasted for a week a few weeks ago. By day 4, my stomach shrank so that it was doing portion control for me. I found out I could get really full with eating way less. Also cut out all refined carbs/fried/empty calorie foods from my diet in general.

I'm a big fan of IF, though I don't anymore have results to speak about positively. 12/12 ends up being normal for me, and at the 18/6 end I've done it a few times and initially I'm pretty irritated then adapt with lots of water/tea. I've transitioned from strict keto to flex keto and I think I've gone too far out into the "flex" zone and now am re-stabilizing myself with more discipline. Thus I'll transition from 12/12 to 16/8 for the next few days and will let you know how it goes.

Kormak

Local time
-->
Is it supposed to look weird in public? When I do it, it makes my thyroid area jut out. Once I did this and someone immediately asked if I was thirsty likely because they noticed me being weird with my throat/tongue lol.

Well yeah. Your tongue is connected to the rest of the neck muscles and the chin.
It depends on your body and neck posture as well as how fit and toned the rest of the neck muscles are and how down the maxilla is. All of these influence the position of the hyoid bone at rest/swallowing and mewing. See pic:

To fix this, you have to exercise the suprahyoid muscles, stretch the front neck and chest muscles to relax them. Mewing already does this partially and pushes the maxilla up to make room for the mandible to come up and forwards, but you can also do rapid mouth opening exercise sets as that is what the suprahyoid muscles are mostly used for. Stretch after the exercise.

Body posture also determines the shape of the neck and the relation to the head, so ppl who have bad posture (forward head posture).. effectively push the hyoid bone and neck tissues forward and down, contributing to visually excessive tissues under the chin area. This can be solved via permanently correcting body posture.

Most ppl don't consider body posture to be important for mewing, but its quite crucial to "stand up and sit straight".

When the maxilla and mandible have moved up and forward, body posture has been permanently corrected and the tongue+neck muscles are well-toned, the hyoid bone along with other tissues below the jawline will move closer to the head up. Given one isn't overweight at this point there should be no bulge under the jawline even when mewing.

Mewing works based on Wolff's law
: If loading on a particular bone increases, the bone will remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading. The internal architecture of the trabeculae undergoes adaptive changes, followed by secondary changes to the external cortical portion of the bone,[4] perhaps becoming thicker as a result. The inverse is true as well: if the loading on a bone decreases, the bone will become less dense and weaker due to the lack of the stimulus required for continued remodeling. The remodeling of bone in response to loading is achieved via mechanotransduction, a process through which forces or other mechanical signals are converted to biochemical signals in cellular signaling. Mechanotransduction leading to bone remodeling involves the steps of mechanocoupling, biochemical coupling, signal transmission, and cell response. The specific effects on bone structure depends on the duration, magnitude and rate of loading, and it has been found that only cyclic loading can induce bone formation.

Cyclic loading on the maxilla happens during the swallowing process. When you mew and swallow correctly, the tongue periodically applies tremendous pressure up and forwards onto the maxilla. This is also why Dr. Mew teaches ppl to tongue swallow properly. The combination of constant pressure and cyclic loading is necessary. Given that ppl swallow saliva all the time, cyclic loading is ez to achieve.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
I take Modafinil every few days it helps to maintain optimum cognitive function after 6 hours of sleep, it also prevents me from wandering off topic. I use caffeine to potentiate the effects of modafinil, absorption is faster and the effects are compounded, I usually try to take them for 9am so it doesn't effect my circadian rhythm. In terms of nutrition I take choline and trytophan through eggs, L-tyrosine's if I'm feeling unmotivated, 5HTP if I'm feeling sad and insensitive. I exercise regularly for a boost of Anandamide along with better blood circulation. I try and do cognitive tasks I'm not familiar with so I promote active thinking and neuroplasticity: Writing with my other hand, lifting with my feet, sitting in strange positions, poetry because it's whimsical and requires me to rethink with feelings rather than emotions.

Lastly I have a pact system which I implement where I have to make an absolute pact with myself to complete something. I wouldn't use it now, but sometimes absolutes are necessary: so last year I made a pact if I didn't achieve the grades I would I'd kill myself if I didn't get the grades I wanted which was basically the highest grade possible, it was quite distorted because I'd undersleep at like 4-5 hours because I was working flat out too. I felt the pact was driven by self-resentment, it was a dark manifestation but it worked: Everything planned for the last two years I got, except a scholarship, but I feel that is because it was a 3 month period between education and that to do my final stage.

If I were to make a list:
-Microvitamins, Nootropics, Exercise
-Mental stimulation through new activities
-A pact system, put your life on the line and if you adopt the delusion, it can send yout o high places.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
omega 3 food is good for brain i heard.

Tenacity

Local time
-->
Thus I'll transition from 12/12 to 16/8 for the next few days and will let you know how it goes.
Update: Only did 16/8 for 3 days then went back to 12/12 keto. Better mood and mental clarity. Lost 4 pounds in 9 days. Half is probably water weight, although my clothes fit
better.

Body posture also determines the shape of the neck and the relation to the head, so ppl who have bad posture (forward head posture).. effectively push the hyoid bone and neck tissues forward and down, contributing to visually excessive tissues under the chin area. This can be solved via permanently correcting body posture.
I need to improve on this.

Cyclic loading
Ah, I see the interconnectivity.

requires me to rethink with feelings rather than emotions.
How do "feelings" differ from "emotions"?

A pact system
I have this to some extent as well. Can't talk to anyone about it because it scares people to no return. But it is relieving to know I'm not alone in that habit.

omega 3 food is good for brain i heard.
Love salmon for this.

Rebis

Local time
-->
requires me to rethink with feelings rather than emotions.
How do "feelings" differ from "emotions"?

A pact system
I have this to some extent as well. Can't talk to anyone about it because it scares people to no return. But it is relieving to know I'm not alone in that habit.

Rethinking with feelings rather than logic, done an oopsie there. It's like seeing a second, layered world.

Yeah I told my friend about it yesterday he thought it was pretty intense, it really do be like that sometimes

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I dont eat I just consume caffiene until my eyes start twitching

Kormak

Local time
-->
You have a good friend there if he didn't freak out lol

^^ that's one interpretation. Ppl can tell me this kind of stuff and I won't freak out because I simply don't care enough about them. >.> now if someone close to me would do this I'd be deeply concerned.. probably not going to stop them regardless. Intense stuff hm.. would be good to adopt it to stop procrastination.

... I'll surely die. On second thought its a bad idea due to variables outside of my control.
RIP Rebis. You will violate my rule of thumb e_e... damn it. Hgggnnnnn... \o/ fuck, i must advise you to rethink the highest grade so it does not violate my rule of thumb. There... as you were, soldier. Your fanaticism is impressive.

Rebis

Local time
-->
^^ that's one interpretation. Ppl can tell me this kind of stuff and I won't freak out because I simply don't care enough about them. >.> now if someone close to me would do this I'd be deeply concerned.. probably not going to stop them regardless. Intense stuff hm.. would be good to adopt it to stop procrastination.

View attachment 4467

... I'll surely die. On second thought its a bad idea due to variables outside of my control.
RIP Rebis. You will violate my rule of thumb e_e... damn it. Hgggnnnnn... \o/ fuck, i must advise you to rethink the highest grade so it does not violate my rule of thumb. There... as you were, soldier. Your fanaticism is impressive.

I don't think you'll die, because to make a pact you almost have to adopt a delusion. It's not you pretend it's life or death, you delude yourself into believing this is the only possible solution. It requires a lot of intense motion, self-hatred for what you will be in the future if you don't achieve the goal. If you truly delude yourself into believing this will be the outcome then your focus will be like a concentrated laser. Think I might be making one the start of this year as I've been partying a lot and didn't get the grades I want, but I talk about a lot of "vry smarttt" things, so I don't wanna seem like a pretender or a drop out.

I'm at a pretty good university atm, class average was 72 and I got 70, didn't study much but that's no excuse, I'm not sure if the average was mean or mode but like a fish I moved from being a big fish in a small pond to a little fish in a big pond. That's what I went to uni for after all, to find people that can really challenge me, but currently I've just been partying a lot and staying up all night with a lady (I haven't been able to sleep beside people yet)

Time for a pact, I'm currently on 200mg of modafinil and getting a buttload of caffeine to potentiate it, gotta get off this forum before my focus becomes less focused, adios amigos.

Rebis

Local time
-->
If anyone's interested in reading biomedical papers, this is one I found particularly interesting for the effects of catecholamines on cognition and optimum dosages, the journal link:

or if you want a diagram that theoretically represents the curve of cognitive enhancers:

Attachments

• modaf crop.jpg
    modaf crop.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 1,073

Tenacity

Local time
-->
Time for a pact, I'm currently on 200mg of modafinil and getting a buttload of caffeine to potentiate it, gotta get off this forum before my focus becomes less focused, adios amigos.
(Psst, I see you online here.)

Rebis

Local time
-->
(Psst, I see you online here.)

Dipping in and out, but the study be good so far. Your reminder is very valuable though, thankyou for the budge from across the waters haha

Tenacity

Local time
-->
Here is what I've done so far to optimize focus and mental clarity:
  • Adapted to <25g carbs (Keto).
  • Minimized diet variance. I eat the same things every day.
  • Removed coffee / caffeine dependence, replaced with more tea.
  • Increased Omega-3s (fatty fish).
  • Eliminated sweeteners.
  • Fully shifted to intuitive eating.
  • Habituated daily organizing/cleaning.
  • Followed a sleep schedule.
  • Continued 12/12 IF. Hunger pangs are nearly nonexistent.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
raw salmon has alot of parasitic eggs so make sure it is cooked well or frozen.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Here is what I've done so far to optimize focus and mental clarity:
  • Adapted to <25g carbs (Keto).
  • Minimized diet variance. I eat the same things every day.
  • Removed coffee / caffeine dependence, replaced with more tea.
  • Increased Omega-3s (fatty fish).
  • Eliminated sweeteners.
  • Fully shifted to intuitive eating.
  • Habituated daily organizing/cleaning.
  • Followed a sleep schedule.
  • Continued 12/12 IF. Hunger pangs are nearly nonexistent.

I done the keto diet for a week, the first 24-48 hour transition period is very painful. eating olives and cheese only for two minutes later to have a hole in my stomach.

Omega-3 is fantastic, especially DHA: EPA and ALA conversion is pretty low, under 15% in most recorded cases, only clear nutritional deficit I can see in a vegan diet (Vegetarians could have omega 3 infused eggs).

I take caffeine in the morning, will do in 10 minutes so the half life is gone before I sleep so no disruption to the circadian rhythm.

Stigmata

Local time
-->
I sustain myself almost exclusively off cheetos and vodka. Every now and again I get an urge to try and eat healthy I'll have a triple cheeseburger with extra lettuce (trying to watch my weight).

Rebis

Local time
-->
I sustain myself almost exclusively off cheetos and vodka. Every now and again I get an urge to try and eat healthy I'll have a triple cheeseburger with extra lettuce (trying to watch my weight).

Is this a joke?! Where is your protein!!! Amino acids!!

Kormak

Local time
-->

Delicious, nutritious, keeps depression at bay ;):good:

Kormak

Local time
-->
:disdain: I like you already

Tenacity

Local time
-->

Thanks, I normally do pan-seared salmon with olive oil and spinach, cooked it a bit longer last night and found that I prefer the crispier edges.

I done the keto diet for a week, the first 24-48 hour transition period is very painful. eating olives and cheese only for two minutes later to have a hole in my stomach.

Completely. One evening I had nearly fainted due to dehydration / low sodium, caught myself getting extremely dizzy and rushed to get a ton of water and lay down. Also high amounts of fat can quickly cause the feeling of indigestion, which can be resolved with OTC stuff. I've since accommodated from that learning, I had accidentally been eating a too small amount of calories far under my BMRR since it makes you full so quickly, etc. Cheese tends to not work out for my digestive system and skin, love olives however as it has never given me problems.

Protein? Amino Acids??

giphy.gif

Lmao. Darned false advertising. I will not obey...

Sike nah I'm immune to food brainwashing.

Saving my biggest "cheat day" in years for the moment I've accomplished a few sets of goals. Delaying gratification to the max.

Did you know that a triple cheeseburger without the bun is ketogenic? Have actually started out some of my keto journey on bunless burgers from the good ol' Golden Arches.

I'm fat-adapted, so even if I throw back vodka (not often, infrequent social events), I bounce back the next day. Tolerance to alcohol has gotten extremely low, have gotten tipsy over half a glass of gin and soda.

Cheetos on the other hand = pure rubbish for the body for anyone with long-term goals. Bane of my existence. Nearly an abuse of food science. Half joking. Depending on your stress/metabolism profile, the amount of cognitive BS it would cause you, if you analyzed what it does to your brain and thinking in a simple 0min - 2 hour period, it's simply another variant of pure self-loathe. Certainly tempting, but a temptation I can live without completely at the moment.

I also don't count protein/amino acids, as with the one rule of carbs being <25 grams everything else comes easily after 1 month of disciplined adaptation. You can essentially go all out on ("healthy") fat / protein without counting calories or macronutrient ratios.

Gotta keep the brain un-fogged. It's crucial. Keto is the most natural method. The fat loss is a nice aside but I actually have little to lose.

However, if you're able to consume those without noticeable overall consequences (I know many who were born with soaring high metabolisms and desire to put on weight), my jealousy will remain unfeigned.

We pick our poisons. :wink1:

Btw, this is a perfect example of how "religion" can be considerably, even if abstractly, synonymous with "consumerism". The world will always have evangelists of Cheetos.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
How looks your thyroid profile on <25 g carbs?

Rebis

Local time
-->

Thanks, I normally do pan-seared salmon with olive oil and spinach, cooked it a bit longer last night and found that I prefer the crispier edges.

Completely. One evening I had nearly fainted due to dehydration / low sodium, caught myself getting extremely dizzy and rushed to get a ton of water and lay down. Also high amounts of fat can quickly cause the feeling of indigestion, which can be resolved with OTC stuff. I've since accommodated from that learning, I had accidentally been eating a too small amount of calories far under my BMRR since it makes you full so quickly, etc. Cheese tends to not work out for my digestive system and skin, love olives however as it has never given me problems.

Protein? Amino Acids??

giphy.gif

Lmao. Darned false advertising. I will not obey...

Sike nah I'm immune to food brainwashing.

Saving my biggest "cheat day" in years for the moment I've accomplished a few sets of goals. Delaying gratification to the max.

Did you know that a triple cheeseburger without the bun is ketogenic? Have actually started out some of my keto journey on bunless burgers from the good ol' Golden Arches.

I'm fat-adapted, so even if I throw back vodka (not often, infrequent social events), I bounce back the next day. Tolerance to alcohol has gotten extremely low, have gotten tipsy over half a glass of gin and soda.

Cheetos on the other hand = pure rubbish for the body for anyone with long-term goals. Bane of my existence. Nearly an abuse of food science. Half joking. Depending on your stress/metabolism profile, the amount of cognitive BS it would cause you, if you analyzed what it does to your brain and thinking in a simple 0min - 2 hour period, it's simply another variant of pure self-loathe. Certainly tempting, but a temptation I can live without completely at the moment.

I also don't count protein/amino acids, as with the one rule of carbs being <25 grams everything else comes easily after 1 month of disciplined adaptation. You can essentially go all out on ("healthy") fat / protein without counting calories or macronutrient ratios.

Gotta keep the brain un-fogged. It's crucial. Keto is the most natural method. The fat loss is a nice aside but I actually have little to lose.

However, if you're able to consume those without noticeable overall consequences (I know many who were born with soaring high metabolisms and desire to put on weight), my jealousy will remain unfeigned.

We pick our poisons. :wink1:

Btw, this is a perfect example of how "religion" can be considerably, even if abstractly, synonymous with "consumerism". The world will always have evangelists of Cheetos.

I think the mental clarity from the brain using ketones rather than glucose is in specific circumstances, mainly a product of a high carbohydrate diet preventing neuronal repair through junk removal as you constantly have glucose somewhere. So in that respect switching to ketones instead of glucose is good in that respect because glucose is the preferred molecule for ATP Synthesis and transitioning to a ketogenic state will drain all the stored starch and glucose running through your system. You can have parallel mental clarity of you take antioxidants, neuroprotectants and stimulants.

Gotta try it, infact I might do this weekend as I'm off all of next week. Will never be able to work on the diet, it is most painful.

Local time
-->
have you considered meal prepping?

remember that different types of candy bars and drugs all contain different nutrients so it is better to include a rotating diverse range of them in your diet to ensure optimum nutrition and personal actualisation

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
Don't know. Why do you ask?

Have you done keto before or are you doing
Nah, I didn't try it yet. Quite curious about it, tho it seems rather expansive compared to my current mediterranean-like-eating. Also most of fruits are banned... Like one apple is >25 g carbs. So live without mangoes ( 50g per fruit, who eats just half of it?) :/

I'm asking cause I have slightly elevated anti-tg (dismissed by doc as not consequential)and I read that to have healthy thyroid on keto you need to be in full ketosis. Hence my question about profile.
In what way do you measure keton bodies?

Rebis

Local time
-->

Nah, I didn't try it yet. Quite curious about it, tho it seems rather expansive compared to my current mediterranean-like-eating. Also most of fruits are banned... Like one apple is >25 g carbs. So live without mangoes ( 50g per fruit, who eats just half of it?) :/

I'm asking cause I have slightly elevated anti-tg (dismissed by doc as not consequential)and I read that to have healthy thyroid on keto you need to be in full ketosis. Hence my question about profile.

If your carb intake is under a threshold your body will use glucose from the liver (glycogenesis) 48 hours of keeping a keto diet, then your body will use the reserved glucose in your liver and create ketones to supplement the lack of glucose. In this time your body extracts glucose from lipids through lipogenesis which burns away excess fat in the body. You can measure ketones through blood tests but it's a very clear process the body goes into when it's starved of carbs, so basically if you're counting macros and having under the threshold of like 20g of carbs a day your body will be producing ketones.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Full ketogenesis might mean the ketogenic cycle after 10 days of being on the diet where you've exhausted all glucose through glycogenesis. Or ketogenesis that isn't artificially induced through ketogenic enhancing drugs.

Tenacity

Local time
-->

Cutting out fruit was difficult. The habit was developed in ~12 days. Every time I craved sugar I would drink water or seltzer. I now have no carb cravings nor sugar cravings.
I have an extremely limited diet, since I also have a lot of food allergies. You are lucky if you can eat a non-anti-inflammatory diet.
For me, the cost of allergic reactions and lack of mental clarity outweighs the cost of eating just anything. Keto has been working for me, so I don't think I'll stop. Don't get me wrong, I've read bad things about it too. But if it harmed me continuously I would have stopped by now. I don't recommend it for everyone as it is difficult and requires discipline before being able to do it naturally. Like I said previously in this thread, I almost fainted when I first started out, mostly due to lack of dehydration, and I found out later having low sodium intake can be another problem when starting out on keto. The Mediterranean diet is also known to be very healthy.

I use ketone test strips. There is a spectrum which grows exponentially.

Large level 5 - 16 mM/dL
Large level 4 - 8.0 mM/dL
Moderate level 3 - 4.0 mM/dL
Small level 2 - 1.5 mM/dL
Trace level 1 - 0.5 mM/dL

I'm currently close to level 5 towards 16 mM/dL. This is actually super optimal, as the "recommended" level is something around 1.5 mM/dL - 3.0 mM/dL.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
sorry to hear about allergies. food is only joy since i become a pastor.
what do you thing about approach to slowly increace allergens to form tolerance? I heard that from doctor about lactose.
or do you get puffy and dying like similar to peanut allergy on movies?
i'm not picking on you btw. just weighting cons and pros given my preferences.
tho... with such high keton levels your breath must be pure acetone. do you mask ugly aroma or stay unafected by it?

Tenacity

Local time
-->
Full ketogenesis might mean the ketogenic cycle after 10 days of being on the diet where you've exhausted all glucose through glycogenesis. Or ketogenesis that isn't artificially induced through ketogenic enhancing drugs.

Yeah, that's accurate. If you're considering trying to get to full ketogenesis early on, don't buy into the keto enhancing stuff. The body needs to produce the ketones naturally for real results.

do you mask ugly aroma or stay unafected by it?

Yeah, I noticed on the first week. Toothpaste, mouth wash, tongue scraper. Mostly unaffected.

I know. And I'm just stating logic in a "womanly" way seemingly incomprehensible to certain men, but mostly those with inconceivably low standards for how to approach women. You can't afford to be self-righteous about your emotional side. Like me, it is the least developed. Some form of civilized manners are important to most American woman, any woman for that matter. Yet, clearly you haven't done your research on what manners are, nor have you attempted to test your basic underdeveloped social and emotional cognition on women in real life.

Would you actually kill yourself if you failed the pact tho
No. You shouldn't worry about that.

Rebis

Local time
-->
sorry to hear about allergies. food is only joy since i become a pastor.
what do you thing about approach to slowly increace allergens to form tolerance? I heard that from doctor about lactose.
or do you get puffy and dying like similar to peanut allergy on movies?
tho... with such high keton levels your breath must be pure acetone. do you mask ugly aroma or stay unafected by it?

Tolerance doesn't work this way, your body is inflammed if you eat inflammatory food that's (probably) what she probably means combating allergies by consuming an anti-inflammatory ketogenic diet. Tolerance of inflammation does not reduce the impact of inflammation, in other words.

Top Bottom