• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 8:54 AM
-->
Actually kinda surprised I came back to intpf after thinking it would be better if I didn't. Is it because I'm very bored, or is there some reason I keep coming back to this place? Because I have to say, lately (maybe for years) this forum have been pretty shitty and I think a lot of people here are influenced badly, where their negative feels of people are reinforced and where they are more prone to feel shitty feels in general. Even if they don't realize it, their being and feelings are influenced in not a good way.

Because face it, a lot of people here are set in their ways, on way or another, including myself. You gain nothing from trying to preach, you only reinforce your belief of people either listening to you or being stupid. Which makes me wonder what (general) you gain from posting here? Do you enjoy being provoked and angry? Do you enjoy other people being triggered? Do you enjoy feeling better than others?

MULTI TRACK LISTENING

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 9:54 AM
-->
Yeah, my reasons for returning are mostly neurotic. Nice to have a place to write though, enjoy that for its calmness. I kinda zone out when I write, as if I live through my subconciousness. This is the first place on the internet that I got attached to, so habit also plays its part.

maybe some day in my old age I might print all my posts from #1 to end, luaghing at, agreeing with or pitying that clump of matter which I knew as I.

idk Minuend, would you makes your post a thread for all to see or leave it here for some to find?

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Oh god, a lot of my posts the last years are like drunk posts that are horrifying. Maybe especially after I lost hope of my own future after getting sick, realizing I was bound to my sickly body. And all the shitposting I've done, all the shitty posts that are just retarded level stupid, which should've been banned long time ago

At best, my existence will be a lesson and warning.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:54 AM
-->
Because face it, a lot of people here are set in their ways, on way or another, including myself. You gain nothing from trying to preach, you only reinforce your belief of people either listening to you or being stupid. Which makes me wonder what (general) you gain from posting here? Do you enjoy being provoked and angry? Do you enjoy other people being triggered? Do you enjoy feeling better than others?
why does it have to be so complicated? Can't it just be people expressing their opinions on things? why do we have to ascertain the motives, sentiments and causes behind forum posts? It's just a goddamn forum on the internet.. where random people write whatever shit comes to their mind

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
why does it have to be so complicated? Can't it just be people expressing their opinions on things? why do we have to ascertain the motives, sentiments and causes behind forum posts? It's just a goddamn forum.. where we write whatever shit comes to mind

Sure, except it isn't. Even when you think you're just shitting, it's still a part of you and what you think. Even when you engage in the trivial and stupid, it's still expressing a part of you. That goes for every time I've engaged in the shitty as well, you can understand part of me and personality from it, even when it's retarded, drunk or whatever.

It might be stupid or trivial, but it reveals something. It says something about you, that's just how people work. There are no objective opinions or opinions without biases and feelings. It's all part of who you are, and it all reveal something about you, your weaknesses, vulnerabilities, your core being

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
why does it have to be so complicated? Can't it just be people expressing their opinions on things? why do we have to ascertain the motives, sentiments and causes behind forum posts? It's just a goddamn forum.. where we write whatever shit comes to mind

Sure, except it isn't. Even when you think you're just shitting, it's still a part of you and what you think. Even when you engage in the trivial and stupid, it's still expressing a part of you. That goes for every time I've engaged in the shitty as well, you can understand part of me and personality from it, even when it's retarded, drunk or whatever.

It might be stupid or trivial, but it reveals something. It says something about you, that's just how people work. There are no objective opinions or opinions without biases and feelings. It's all part of who you are, and it all reveal something about you, your weaknesses, vulnerabilities, your core being
I know people on this forum have a habit of trying to infer a lot about people from mere posts – I guess it's a MBTI tradition. And I'm sure you can learn certain things about a person, e.g. their political views or whatever.. but the actual person? and how it would be like to interact with that person in real life? That's a whole different story. In fact on this forum, I wouldn't say I'm trolling, but Serac is often close to a caricature, with somewhat exaggerated opinions and judgments. I think for example the redbaron forum user is the biggest asshole I've ever seen, but I don't try to form an opinion of the person behind the redbaron user, because admittedly I know nothing about him. Most likely we would get along in real life.

Like I've pointed out earlier, to me it seems you are projecting certain feelings onto the forum. Heck, the last 5 posts or so from you have repeated your negative view of it. That to me looks like someone who herself is quite afflicted by negativity. Someone in a different mood might look at the same posts as you do and find them funny. It's all about how you direct your focus.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I know people on this forum have a habit of trying to infer a lot about people from mere posts – I guess it's a MBTI tradition. And I'm sure you can learn certain things about a person, e.g. their political views or whatever.. but the actual person? and how it would be like to interact with that person in real life? That's a whole different story. In fact on this forum, I wouldn't say I'm trolling, but Serac is often close to a caricature, with somewhat exaggerated opinions and judgments. I think for example the redbaron forum user is the biggest asshole I've ever seen, but I don't try to form an opinion of the person behind the redbaron user, because admittedly I know nothing about him. Most likely we would get along in real life.

It's not a habit or tendency, you just give away clues about who you are. Even when you're trolling, you are telling other people what you think is acceptable to joke about or in what way you think it's ok to joke about things. Even if serac is an extreme, it tells something about what the person behind finds acceptable to provoke other people about, what it wants to provoke people about etc.

Even if pure troll, you can tell partly what that person thinks of other people, their emotions and how they view things.

The troll version of a person reveals something of that person, and in a way, those two versions are not far apart.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
ok, let's say you're right. Sometimes you get a glimpse of certain aspects of the actual person. So what? We have determined that no one is perfect. What a revelation.

you seem very determined to make people believe they are somehow negative or toxic at their very core, or that this forum is. That is obviously negative and cynical in itself, and ultimately utterly pointless. But like I said, you seem to be in the grips of a lot of negativity yourself atm. Someone in a positive state of mind would never waste energy on that sort of thing. However, I try to not generalize that negativity to any judgments about you as a person. You should try to do the same.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
No no no, I'm not saying people are toxic at their core, I'm saying I've been seeing a lot of negativity and that negativity affects people even when they don't realize it. I've been pm-ing with a few users and I see a tendency to being influenced negatively.

And yes, I am in grips of a lot of negativity myself, so yes you see an aspect of me and you are right there. Maybe you should make judgments about me on that.

It's not about being perfect or avoiding every negative impulse, it's about people putting out their worst and meeting the worst in others, how people carry that attitude with them in other aspects of their lives. It's about how people are not putting themselves out there to be heard and understood, but rather to provoke conflict and bad feels.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 9:54 AM
-->
questions for flat earthers:

why does the moon look so round?

shit dude, why are the stars at night moving upon an axis inverted from the horizon?

does the ocean become a waterfall draining into an ocean where earth is an island? on what does the big oceab rest... more flat?

discworld was cool yeah? flat earthers are radicalized discworld fanfic writers.

Fuck dude... how does gravity work? why is the horizon on the ocean... rounded?

Rolling Cattle

no backbone
Local time
Today 3:54 AM
-->
A while back, I watched an episode of "Tales of Light" on Netflix. In the second episode, it featured young buddhist monks in Bhutan debating with each other. Working in pairs, one of the monks had to make an argument, and the other had to simply refute it. It was just a basic exercise that helped teach the monks not to cling to any particular opinion, and be okay with changing their mind.

That lesson would probably lead to better quality of life, if the need to cling to an opinion, or the need to change other's, lead to some sort of suffering.

I realized that just as long as we are human, there will always be a variety of opinions from other people, many which I don't agree with, and some I think are harmful. I questioned my need to change other people's minds. My beliefs have a need to spread, their aim to take over the perspectives of everyone, yet how much of an impact could I really make? It's a complicated question, but I doubt the success of complete domination.

What would it be like if I were to just let go of all my opinions?
Imagining myself without opinions is probably redundant because it's impossible to achieve. If it was so, it would probably be like living in the mind of a really primitive animal. There'd be no labels, no thoughts of the future, and I'd be basically mindless.

Anyways, I'm not planning on becoming buddhist or anything, or trying to recruit anyone. It's just during this thought process, I started seeing that my little memes might not be as hot as they'd like to pretend to be. and their importance not much higher than anyone else's.

Even though many minds conflict, maybe each is still vital in the ecosystem of intellect.

CatGoddess

Local time
Today 2:54 AM
-->
Hmm, friends are chosen, though, whereas you have no choice over who your family is. It could be composed of the worst group of people imaginable. The word "friend" means a lot more to me than "family" because a friend was special enough that you developed a bond with them over a million other random strangers.

It's kinda crazy to walk through a supermarket and see the weird baubles that nobody buys and realize there's a factory devoted to producing every different product.

The number of toy story sequels has gotten a little obnoxious, but I still remember watching the first one when I was a tiny person. It's kind of sad in a way that four is their last one. Rex=the best.

It's hard to let go of anything.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
No no no, I'm not saying people are toxic at their core, I'm saying I've been seeing a lot of negativity and that negativity affects people even when they don't realize it. I've been pm-ing with a few users and I see a tendency to being influenced negatively.

And yes, I am in grips of a lot of negativity myself, so yes you see an aspect of me and you are right there. Maybe you should make judgments about me on that.

It's not about being perfect or avoiding every negative impulse, it's about people putting out their worst and meeting the worst in others, how people carry that attitude with them in other aspects of their lives. It's about how people are not putting themselves out there to be heard and understood, but rather to provoke conflict and bad feels.

Have you been taking LSD?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
leftists just don't see the beauty in competition. I don't know if it's because they never won in anything, or if it's because they're just born with a non-competitive mindset, I don't know. Anyway they have an instinctual aversion to it, and just want to turn the world into a boring-ass kindergarten where everyone gets a prize for participating. where's the fun in that?

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
leftists just don't see the beauty in competition. I don't know if it's because they never won in anything, or if it's because they're just born with a non-competitive mindset, I don't know. Anyway they have an instinctual aversion to it, and just want to turn the world into a boring-ass kindergarten where everyone gets a prize for participating. where's the fun in that?

A lot of leftist enjoy competitive gaming? Or chess. Or whatever. That statement seems inaccurate.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
-->
Just plain old drunk. Is that how you imagine me on lsd? Tfw I would be the most boring person ever even on lsd :crying:

I tried it once and after it wore off I got really emotional and pissed off about all the negativity and disagreement I perceived

Lurker

Local time
Today 3:54 AM
-->
we INTPs think and analyse ceaselessly. we must think about some crazy and pointless but no less interesting things

just post any random thoughts you have

I realized that the diarrhea in Two Girls One Cup was probably soft serve ice cream. I feel like a fraud. I thought I was brave to watch any of it. Guess not. I need to prove my mettle. What's that Italian movie from the '70s?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I keep thinking about leftism and trying to figure out what exactly about it I find disagreeable, and I think I am beginning to understand now. Because I'm not against things like helping the poor, public health services and so on, but here's the thing: leftism, at least in its current form, is more than helping the poor and public services, very much like current feminism is more than equality between the genders: it's more generally a bureaucratic mindset; a mindset where the whole world needs to be boxed in into a neat and confined system. It's oppressive, anti-nature, and anti-life.

lightfire

Local time
-->
Dear charity ads with sad pets in shelters or ethnic children in poverty, I would love to see a copy of your financial statements.

CatGoddess

Local time
-->
The moon is kind of a boring moon. I wish we had something like Europa, or Titan...

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I keep thinking about leftism and trying to figure out what exactly about it I find disagreeable, and I think I am beginning to understand now. Because I'm not against things like helping the poor, public health services and so on, but here's the thing: leftism, at least in its current form, is more than helping the poor and public services, very much like current feminism is more than equality between the genders: it's more generally a bureaucratic mindset; a mindset where the whole world needs to be boxed in into a neat and confined system. It's oppressive, anti-nature, and anti-life.

I find the idea of trying to find a side to relate to, bizarre. Making an enemy of ideologies? Really? The thing you find disagreeable, the things you are looking for, aren't they just petty things? Good ideas exist despite and across existing ideologies and ideas

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

I find the idea of trying to find a side to relate to, bizarre. Making an enemy of ideologies? Really? The thing you find disagreeable, the things you are looking for, aren't they just petty things? Good ideas exist despite and across existing ideologies and ideas
Making enemies of ideologies – you're damn right I am.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Making enemies of ideologies – you're
damn right I am.

So borne into a fucked up world with a lot of fucked up ideas and systems, but yet you make enemies of random people based on their ideologies. Like that will give your life meaning, and like that would solve anything. You don't think your irritation or dislike is a bit misplaced? Will your dislike contribute to something better? Are you sure your dislike is accurately placed, or is it just another piece of direction towards something that places blame in areas and of people that are never accountable?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Making enemies of ideologies – you're
damn right I am.

So borne into a fucked up world with a lot of fucked up ideas and systems, but yet you make enemies of random people based on their ideologies. Like that will give your life meaning, and like that would solve anything. You don't think your irritation or dislike is a bit misplaced? Will your dislike contribute to something better? Are you sure your dislike is accurately placed, or is it just another piece of direction towards something that places blame in areas and of people that are never accountable?
do you have an opinion on anything yourself or do you spend your time mostly trying to shut down anyone with an opinion?

and yes, I think criticism of ideologies is a vital component of human life. After all, I, like everyone else, is a member of a society. Societies are built on ideas and discourse.

soupymess

kick trees
Local time
-->
Time probably even ahead of space imo as far as how inscrutable either's relation to consciousness seems. Can you be in a timeless state of experience (eg because of brain trauma or drugs)? For how long?

Remember reading about drugs that alter time perception reliably so that a year feels like 10+ and their possible use in criminal punishment, which seems absurd and confusing on multiple levels

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 12:54 AM
-->
I haven’t read anything like that, but I think so.

lightfire

Local time
-->
House full of annoying relatives again and I went into hiding again. Today I can't even fake the extrovert in me like I usually do, but I got my music on and that helps.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Why did I get not one, but two wolf-related items for Christmas this year? IDK because I don't think I've ever actually said I like wolves or anything. It's very peculiar.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
What would it be like if I were to just let go of all my opinions?
Imagining myself without opinions is probably redundant because it's impossible to achieve. If it was so, it would probably be like living in the mind of a really primitive animal. There'd be no labels, no thoughts of the future, and I'd be basically mindless.

IME, opinions always come before facts.

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
-->
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." -Sherlock Holmes

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." -Sherlock Holmes

You have to start somewhere. You have to know what to look for in the first place before you actually start looking.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 6:54 PM
-->
Intuition is a constant.

Presence is the driver of purpose. This life is nothing short of an ennobling revolution of unrestricted health.

We must learn how to lead spatial lives in the face of ego.

Have you found your path? Although you may not realize it, you are psychic. If you have never experienced this explosion at the speed of light, it can be difficult to live.

We are being called to explore the quantum matrix itself as an interface between healing and will. It is a sign of things to come. The unifying of spacetime is now happening worldwide.

The biosphere is beaming with supercharged waveforms. To traverse the story is to become one with it. The goal of electromagnetic resonance is to plant the seeds of transcendence rather than delusion.

Humankind has nothing to lose.

We can no longer afford to live with delusion. The complexity of the present time seems to demand a maturing of our souls if we are going to survive. Where there is illusion, stardust cannot thrive.

Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the infinite via vibrations. Who are we? Where on the great mission will we be recreated? We are in the midst of an infinite unveiling of intention that will clear a path toward the stratosphere itself.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I've been so inside my head and non-present over the last months that I didn't notice it was winter. Which is pretty nice – I basically skipped over it and can go directly to spring.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 12:54 AM
-->
I used to lust after female and women anime characters until life started to look like a race and I focused on real girls instead, and looked racist so I started watching more anime again.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 5:24 PM
-->
Intuition is a constant.

Presence is the driver of purpose. This life is nothing short of an ennobling revolution of unrestricted health.

We must learn how to lead spatial lives in the face of ego.

Have you found your path? Although you may not realize it, you are psychic. If you have never experienced this explosion at the speed of light, it can be difficult to live.

We are being called to explore the quantum matrix itself as an interface between healing and will. It is a sign of things to come. The unifying of spacetime is now happening worldwide.

The biosphere is beaming with supercharged waveforms. To traverse the story is to become one with it. The goal of electromagnetic resonance is to plant the seeds of transcendence rather than delusion.

Humankind has nothing to lose.

We can no longer afford to live with delusion. The complexity of the present time seems to demand a maturing of our souls if we are going to survive. Where there is illusion, stardust cannot thrive.

Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the infinite via vibrations. Who are we? Where on the great mission will we be recreated? We are in the midst of an infinite unveiling of intention that will clear a path toward the stratosphere itself.

I knew you were getting spiritual but come on dude...

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 1:54 AM
-->
I'd say he's pretty accurate.
The quickening is upon us.

Top Bottom