• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

Mxx

Local time
Today 7:01 PM
-->
I'm off the bus now. I sit at the back anyway. I just gotta see someone about a rhinocisaur and then go home.

I get motion sickness in vehicles pretty easily if I'm not in control of the motion. The pedestrian's curse.

Ha, yeah, same here (with motion sickness, not the rhinocisaur business). I've never been a roller-coaster and never will. Perhaps if I were driving the damn thing I would, but I can't stand not being in control of that kind of speed. (Unless I'm with a really competent driver, then it's a thrill).

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
Today 3:01 PM
-->
Ha, yeah, same here (with motion sickness, not the rhinocisaur business). I've never been a roller-coaster and never will. Perhaps if I were driving the damn thing I would, but I can't stand not being in control of that kind of speed. (Unless I'm with a really competent driver, then it's a thrill).

Used to be able to read in the car and stuff when I was a kid.

Last weekend I was in a car and as we turned into a parking lot I bent down to put my shoes on and spent the next hour and a half dizzy and cranky.

I'm pretty sure it's because I walk almost everywhere so I'm not often in vehicles on a daily basis.

Mxx

Local time
-->
Used to be able to read in the car and stuff when I was a kid.

Last weekend I was in a car and as we turned into a parking lot I bent down to put my shoes on and spent the next hour and a half dizzy and cranky.

I'm pretty sure it's because I walk almost everywhere so I'm not often in vehicles on a daily basis.

I've been mostly pedestrian for about 2 years now. I think a community that promotes walking for errands, etc is a great community. People and families live in their city, rather than being sequestered in their picket fence homes.

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
-->
I've been mostly pedestrian for about 2 years now. I think a community that promotes walking for errands, etc is a great community. People and families live in their city, rather than being sequestered in their picket fence homes.

That's pretty much my deal here. I've managed to live very close to where I work for years, and I don't really need anything I can't easily reach with a bus or taxi. The only real down side is this motion sickness thing which seems to be a long term effect of not going very fast very often. I love being able to walk to the grocery store or wherever else. Not going to lie, I absolutely loathe it in the winter.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 1:01 PM
-->
Just because that acai berry probiotic drink tastes good does not mean you can drink two quarts in a day and be ok the next day. Life lesson learned.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 2:01 PM
-->
Just because that acai berry probiotic drink tastes good does not mean you can drink two quarts in a day and be ok the next day. Life lesson learned.

Teh dread fiber?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
-->
Was it an alarming vermillion? Did you freak out for a second before you remembered all that delicious, delicious red juice from the day before?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Red is the color of my true love's hair...
.... and lots of other crazy stuff too.

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
-->
^^ LOL ok in the context it is in here, that is possibly the best thing I've read all day in terms of giggle factor.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
How very dare you shit all over our lord and saviour.

Elon 4 lyfe.
Well, he's definitely mastered the art of appearing as a messiah and a successful businessman while essentially building an empire on state subsidies. Quite ingenious indeed.

Local time
-->
all those probiotics! hahaha.

Also, If I don't agree with a law, I'm unafraid to disobey it.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 8:01 PM
-->
New standard for relationships:True bond is only possible with person whom you gone through real life crisis. the more problems together solved - the stronger bond. Deep emotional connection - granted.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
New standard for relationships:True bond is only possible with person whom you gone through real life crisis. the more problems together solved - the stronger bond. Deep emotional connection - granted.

New standard for relationships: He has to be a unicorn who shits chocolate milk

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
I wonder if I should try to make a CNC'd wireless controlled Gatlin gun. I even think it would be doable, if enough hours could be put into it. Maybe 1500 would do. As I've gotten myself a new lathe that should be big enough for the job. An American one. An Alpine resort had it since the 60's and was to trash it to the scrapyard. I thought that was too bad. It was even what they call, the lathe that won the war.

Clean, paint, repair and modify.

Attachments

• 20170930_163835.jpg
    20170930_163835.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 398
  • 20171003_011529.jpg
    20171003_011529.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 406
  • 20171214_191447.jpg
    20171214_191447.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 371

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I've been working on eliminating duplicate tabs. I'm at 12 right now, which is about what I am comfortable with.

GO97

Redshirt
Local time
-->
"being normal is a privilege. discuss"

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Nebulous

Local time
-->
God, I love mushrooms

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Portobello or Psilocybin?

Had Chaga in mind particularly. I had two cups of Chaga chai today and I’m in love
Love. It’s so good. I could have let it steep longer (was in a thermos of freshly boiled water for an hour); the flavor was delicious but not very strong. It’s like an earthy vanilla. The mix I had contained some extra ingredients like pepper and cardamom but danggg g I’m going to eat every birch tree I see

Mmm I’m sleep deprived I gotta sleep
I want to tell y’all all about chaga and how good it is for you and that it tastes delicious
I wonder if you can just flat out munch on the mushroom. I only have read about making tea or grinding it up for flour like stuff. Who knows
I was out on my deck at midnight eating mushrooms w pepper and cinnamon and snow

I wanna be a mycologist. This stuff makes me so happy. I wanna find a college that’s cheap $ wise but has good informative & useful courses on Mycology related parts of science.
Mycelia is rad, so cool it connects so much
And you can make bricks and leather out of mushrooms! I love them I’m going to marry them the trees and the forest and the mycelial webs underneath our feet, ;. They’re aware

Sleepy sllepp also why would two trigonal frames appear ever. Just kinda big metal or plastic ? Spears, I’m so falling aakwql

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 12:01 PM
-->
Had Chaga in mind particularly. I had two cups of Chaga chai today and I’m in love
Love. It’s so good. I could have let it steep longer (was in a thermos of freshly boiled water for an hour); the flavor was delicious but not very strong. It’s like an earthy vanilla. The mix I had contained some extra ingredients like pepper and cardamom but danggg g I’m going to eat every birch tree I see

I want to tell y’all all about chaga and how good it is for you and that it tastes delicious
I wonder if you can just flat out munch on the mushroom. I only have read about making tea or grinding it up for flour like stuff. Who knows
I was out on my deck at midnight eating mushrooms w pepper and cinnamon and snow

I wanna be a mycologist. This stuff makes me so happy. I wanna find a college that’s cheap $ wise but has good informative & useful courses on Mycology related parts of science.
And you can make bricks and leather out of mushrooms! I love them I’m going to marry them the trees and the forest and the mycelial webs underneath our feet, ;. They’re aware

Sleepy sllepp also why would two trigonal frames appear ever. Just kinda big metal or plastic ? Spears, I’m so falling aakwql

Definitely sounds like you had the psilocybin variety judging by your enthusiasm.

GO97

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Sometimes i think about death and am perfectly content with it, even see beauty in it. Other times it disturbs me to the point of running away by distracting myself with the closest thing. feels like running in circles

GO97

Redshirt
Local time
-->

Mycology sounds very stimulating. If only i understood myself better before i picked biomed engineering, not that i know what i want now. I remeber not giving a d@mn about plants and the likes before listening to a lecture by terence mckenna where he talks about his "botanical dimensions" project

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Tomorrow 4:01 AM
-->
I just discovered I can see my face at the bottom of a cup.

komok

Redshirt
Local time
Today 9:01 PM
-->
Tell me about it...same here
i possess a good talent in computer programming.
you would think it help but it's not... all jobs are outsourced to foreigners...and as an INTP
I could not finish my long list of apps that i started but not yet finished...

hang in there...

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I wish I wasn't so fucking boring..

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
-->
The random thoughts thread has been revived...
I wish I wasn't so fucking boring..
Hmm... I think you aren't. You're on this forum, after all.
-----
I forgot about any interesting random thoughts I had.
But apparently Ponzi (con artist) first came up with an idea similar to the yellow pages, but then didn't use it because everyone ridiculed him for it.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Im not sure i understand What u mean!
Do you mean that all what you talk about is mental health related topics?

You asked what I usually talk about.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
I think being boring or interesting depends an awful lot on the person you interact with. Not just their perception, but their interaction.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Someone was in my home while INTJ and I were at work. The only evidence we have is that our drawers were rearranged to accommodate a filthy outfit of clothes neither of us have seen before. The locks don't seem to have been tampered with, nothing is missing. We live in a rural area. The police are on their way. We're creeped the fuck out.

The deputy also thought it was weird as fuck. He seems to think the landlord is the first person to question. No sign of forced entry on any doors or windows. Nothing else in the house even remotely disturbed

Last edited:

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
Someone was in my home while INTJ and I were at work. The only evidence we have is that our drawers were rearranged to accommodate a filthy outfit of clothes neither of us have seen before. The locks don't seem to have been tampered with, nothing is missing. We live in a rural area. The police are on their way. We're creeped the fuck out.

The deputy also thought it was weird as fuck. He seems to think the landlord is the first person to question. No sign of forced entry on any doors or windows. Nothing else in the house even remotely disturbed

When my mom was about my age, she had a series of break ins where the intruder would rearrange things, nothing stolen, just very obviously rearranged. But she lived in the city where it was a common occurrence (break ins, not the rearrangement part), it would be very creepy in a rural area.

Do you have a dog? Like a German shepherd. That alone will deter most would be intruders. Obviously having a gun is useless if it happens while you're away, but you never know if this visitor will return when you're there alone. If the site of a barrel pointed at him doesn't make him change his mind, then he's asking to get shot.

Maybe set up cameras. If you have valuables, find a stealthy hiding place. Preferably not a safe, unless it's HUGE. I've seen footage of people breaking into a place with a dolly and uprooting a safe weighing a couple hundred pounds and leaving out the door all within 60 seconds.

However, since you said nothing was missing, this person may not have intentions of stealing from you. In my mom's case it was probably a stocker/peeping Tom. I'd rather have people steal from me than to put up with a creep who has other plans.

Unless you feel uneasy about your landlord, I wouldn't think they would. Any landlord who doesn't give notice of entry is just a dick. Did the landlord change the lock when you moved in? Could be a former inhabitant. Who all has spare keys that you know of? Or do you leave a spare hidden somewhere outside? Someone can still break in without leaving much of a sign. See if any of your locked doors come open with a credit card. Check for gaps large enough to slip something through.

Last edited:

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yellow said:

The break-in's one thing. The fact that they felt the need to leave behind a dirty outfit is what gets me. Not only that, but they rearranged the drawers so it would fit in (neatly, I assume?). They carefully arranged a drawer full of clean clothes so they could squeeze one lone, soiled outfit in. That's just madness.

Either they're clearly sending a message, or one of you is dissociating.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
The break-in's one thing. The fact that they felt the need to leave behind a dirty outfit is what gets me. Not only that, but they rearranged the drawers so it would fit in (neatly, I assume?). They carefully arranged a drawer full of clean clothes so they could squeeze one lone, soiled outfit in. That's just madness.

Either they're clearly sending a message, or one of you is dissociating.
It was an empty drawer (minus a blanket I left for the cats because they want to play in a "full" drawer). Clothes from the drawer next to it were added in, and then everything was crammed into the back corner. I left it slightly open with the blanket, then the two of us went to works in our one car. We are about 45 minutes out of town, and I kept the car during the day. No way I could have dissociated a minimum of 90 minutes during the work day without other evidence. And INTJ had company all day too. It's still baffling us.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:01 AM
-->
A few years ago, someone broke into our house in the city. They went through my underwear drawer, took a souvernir and left blood everywhere. They also went through all our cd’s. They must have thought we had terrible music taste because nothing was stolen. It was creepy af.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
People are weird and really gross. I don't know if any fluids were left behind, but we changed out our bedding to be safe.

Do you think it was someone you knew?

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:01 AM
-->
I don’t think so. And I’d rather remain ignorant, if that wasn’t the case :noddy:

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yellow said:
It was an empty drawer (minus a blanket I left for the cats because they want to play in a "full" drawer). Clothes from the drawer next to it were added in, and then everything was crammed into the back corner. I left it slightly open with the blanket, then the two of us went to works in our one car. We are about 45 minutes out of town, and I kept the car during the day. No way I could have dissociated a minimum of 90 minutes during the work day without other evidence. And INTJ had company all day too. It's still baffling us.

That's even worse. Wonder if it was evidence for some other crime.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Yellow are you sure they didn't take any of your clothes? I mean, maybe they just wanted to change into some clean ones.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Should I clean my apartment or read Voltaire's Philosophical Dictionary?

Clearly the latter

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Top Bottom