• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 4:23 AM
-->
Why are cats so neurotic? Sometimes when I walk into a room, he will flip out and tear away like the dogs of hell are on his tail. What did he see? I keep my true form hidden, so it couldn't be that. It's not even like he is being bad; he just feels neurotically guilty and runs off to hide. the best was when he skidded out on the kitchen floor and slammed into the fridge, just because I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water. It warms that deep soft mean fire-stokey spot in my heart that laughs at the self-imposed suffering of felines.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I can't say this is much better than having an actual discourse about random stuff in the thread.

Why is it when you take a piece of scented candle and melt it in a burner thingy it smells much stronger than if you simply light it?

yeah, kinda like if someone spontaneously combusts outside while playing soccer, you don't smell much at all, but damn if they go up while sitting in your bathroom!

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 8:23 AM
-->
Don't ignore cheese - what would spag bol be without it?

Yes, I suck at intuition. Ask me to intuitively understand a blackboard full of maths or a page full of JavaScript and I'm there. Something a woman says? (Scratches head)

And it's not quite masochism. I know what it was with those two, specifically. But I can think of other examples of 8s I've been close enough to make a generalisation.

And what generalisation is that?

Hurry up and tell me, so I can hurry up and beat you over the head with it.

And just who keeps inserting random thoughts into this thread?!

You're going to bury my Baron abuse :mad:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
So is Cheese more of a cheese with a smooth slick cheddary tangue, or a crumbly stinky bouquet like gorgonzola, or some sleek smooth spread-on creamy texture? Or maybe just kind of hard and pointy like a mixed bag of romano and non-powdered parmesan?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Dammit. Someone is just not trying hard enough, and I can't follow the rules alone.

This isn't working. We're not all team players here. Fuck this, cheese. I'm not gonna bail on this boat if everyone else is having a water fight with garden hoses! :D

You're going to bury my Baron abuse :mad:

That almost deserves its own thread.

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
And what generalisation is that?

Hurry up and tell me, so I can hurry up and beat you over the head with it.

I mean that I haven't been close to enough 8s to make a generalisation about whether or not I like being around you all and why or whether it was just specific but coincidental circumstances with those two particular people. I thought you could Intuit that meaning, though.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
No you didn't, you're just plagiarising my thought patterns in a poor attempt to match me. :twisteddevil:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:23 AM
-->
So is Cheese more of a cheese with a smooth slick cheddary tangue, or a crumbly stinky bouquet like gorgonzola, or some sleek smooth spread-on creamy texture? Or maybe just kind of hard and pointy like a mixed bag of romano and non-powdered parmesan?

Why not all three?

Rixus

Local time
-->
No you didn't, you're just plagiarising my thought patterns in a poor attempt to match me. :twisteddevil:

It was actually because I missed the 't off can't. So can't read can.
Plagiarising your phrasing was a form of banter/humour. But, you know, you 8s in general have to get angry about everything.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I AM NOT ANGRY !! :@ :mad: :mad: :cthulhu: :cthulhu: :evil:

Nobody here gets me, save for the Wocky.

Was just about to lecture you on your sucky spelling... because I can intuit everything, so long as I'm not being mislead , kapeesh.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:23 PM
-->
I too disagree. Threads here do get derailed and go off on unexpected tangents. I love starting a thread and having no idea where it's gonna go. People can still drop completely random posts here. And they do. But is it any surprise this becomes chat here on INTP-f? Haven't we all wanted a place where we can just chat about any random crap that enters our heads?

Yeah I like that too. It's just that there are already multiple platforms for people to generally chat, and almost every thread has a topic around which discussion revolves. But getting something novel and unrelated most times you open a thread is much rarer. I like it because it shows a window into each person's mind at a time they felt like sharing it, unaffected by interactions with anyone present. A conversation between several people isn't the same thing.

Jenny's spate of random posts don't count. :p They're performance pieces and part of a larger conversation. Damn you Jenny.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Bless Cheese, trying to maintain law and order whilst the Mods are -

Are what? Where are they? Did they die?

I want to be a Mod. You all know I'm a great candidate right?

Itch will do tech stuff for me, Jenny can mediate between me and Baron (this has been successful in the past)

I'll ban Rhino, Rhombus - whatevs.

And we can all live happily ever after.

And I finally get to tidy up this messy, neglected, dark, dank, castle, and return it to splendor once exhibited by the mighty Cathars.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Jenny's spate of random posts don't count. :p They're performance pieces and part of a larger conversation. Damn you Jenny.

Dammit. I'm just too good for this thread.

514.php

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yes, yes they did die. I killed them. There was a position open for Psychopathic Fuck With Misguided Ambition, and I went straight for it. I also filled the Grinch position, and the Getting Crotchety In My Old Age position. Also doggy. Filling that big slop bowl all night long baby.

Rixus

Local time
-->
Mods. It is said that in ancient times, they wielded great power over the forumites. We still tell tales of their power - though no one really knows for sure if they were ever real. You'll hear some say the saw one once. I'm not even sure I believe in Mods any more.

And if thought you were really getting angry at me, I wouldn't bug.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Yeah I like that too. It's just that there are already multiple platforms for people to generally chat, and almost every thread has a topic around which discussion revolves. But getting something novel and unrelated most times you open a thread is much rarer. I like it because it shows a window into each person's mind at a time they felt like sharing it, unaffected by interactions with anyone present. A conversation between several people isn't the same thing.

Not all of us do chat, so for some people this is the only place to really BS.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
don't force us to hide in Skype again, like dogs cowering behind dumpster fires....

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

Oh, so you do possess some survival instincts :p

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Mods. It is said that in ancient times, they wielded great power over the forumites. We still tell tales of their power - though no one really knows for sure if they were ever real. You'll hear some say the saw one once. I'm not even sure I believe in Mods any more.

I saw one once. It was scary. Must've been close to death by that point - wrinkled, fleshy, yet oozing with a strange kind of appeal. Sure did have a lot of power over the forumites, and in fact all the internet, but it was way too easy to push its button. Or so it'd claim. It was always hard to know where exactly the button lay... We're talking about vaginas right?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:23 AM
-->
Agree with cheese. Partly because most threads seem to turn into chats between a few members lately. Which gives less variety overall and a few people dominating threads quickly makes less room for others to contribute

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Agree with cheese. Partly because most threads seem to turn into chats between a few members lately. Which gives less variety overall and a few people dominating threads quickly makes less room for others to contribute

Cheese couldn't beat us, and has had to join us instead.

Will you continue to fight, or lay down your arms?

We have Meade.

ETA: FYI

Apart from the threads we've been into, NOTHING ELSE has so much as moved on the board allllll day long.

I rest my case.

Rixus

Local time
-->
Oh, so you do possess some survival instincts :p
I spent 10 years with a type 8 INFJ with diagnosed borderline personality disorder who also had episodes of schizoaffective mania with full range of psychosis. You're quite calm by comparison.

Can you change types? Thinking about it, my step dad was a definite 8 as was my mother, but she seems to have mellowed with time. They was often a warzone.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I spent 10 years with a type 8 INFJ with diagnosed borderline personality disorder who also had episodes of schizoaffective mania with full range of psychosis. You're quite calm by comparison.

Can you change types? Thinking about it, my step dad was a definite 8 as was my mother, but she seems to have mellowed with time. They was often a warzone.

Beware of typing everybody as 8s, I'd say at best your only 75% accurate in your typings.

Anyway, INFJs are fannies. I'd probably wipe the floor with your ex, unless she's a beef cake.

Of course I'm calm, I'm a relatively healthy person.
I'm trying to become self mastering you see, so that I may achieve true historical greatness.

RoFL.

She doesn't have bipolar, what she lacks is self control and dignity.

Because any dignified 8 wouldn't look to play the victim of some mental disorder.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Why not just call her a psycho and be done with it?

Rixus

Local time
-->
Why not just call her a psycho and be done with it?
Because that's too loose a term. Usually shortened for psychopath, which is a totally different kettle of fish. Psychotic is quite accurate as did get severe psychosis. But again, it's a term completely misunderstood.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Because that's too loose a term. Usually shortened for psychopath, which is a totally different kettle of fish. Psychotic is quite accurate as did get severe psychosis. But again, it's a term completely misunderstood.

Psycho is like the word Fuck, it has a lot of different meanings.

Rixus

Local time
-->
Beware of typing everybody as 8s, I'd say at best your only 75% accurate in your typings.

Anyway, INFJs are fannies. I'd probably wipe the floor with your ex, unless she's a beef cake.

Of course I'm calm, I'm a relatively healthy person.
I'm trying to become self mastering you see, so that I may achieve true historical greatness.

RoFL.

She doesn't have bipolar, what she lacks is self control and dignity.

Because any dignified 8 wouldn't look to play the victim of some mental disorder.
The INFJ ability to understand others could be used at these times to know just where to strike to inflict the most damage. While she was like that, the wasn't much other trace of the INFJ at the base - she was a completely different person.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
The INFJ ability to understand others could be used at these times to know just where to strike to inflict the most damage. While she was like that, the wasn't much other trace of the INFJ at the base - she was a completely different person.

With all those mental disorders, I'm surprised that you could type her full stop.

She's either psycho, or just a really low functioning 8, there's not much difference between the two.

But a key difference is that a low functioning 8 can become "normal" again by not being such a self absorbed pathetic waste of space.

Did your ex converse with her doctors a lot?

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Currently trying to decide if some prick lied to me about only having only one number, or whether him using two is a new phenomenon.

Hmm, I'll have to revert to 5 and investigate before I push ahead as an 8 and contact his girlfriend to accuse him of cheating.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
So far this is turning out to be a pretty good Christmas.

Rixus

Local time
-->
With all those mental disorders, I'm surprised that you could type her full stop.

She's either psycho, or just a really low functioning 8, there's not much difference between the two.

But a key difference is that a low functioning 8 can become "normal" again by not being such a self absorbed pathetic waste of space.

I got her to take an MBTI test. I think it was quite accurate for her healthier state of mind and the cognitive functions sound pretty accurate. The 8 is just a guess based on reading up on it - but it fits with her desire to be in control and fearing being controlled, plus displaying a lot of anger. Just when I read the description it just seemed to be closer than the other types. Spend 10 years with someone and you can understand them quite well.

The bipolar has nothing to do with type - it is present and can only be managed. And although difficult, it wasn't in itself the problem. The BPD, I think your view of it being down to being very unhealthy 8 is pretty true.

No fear of her ceasing being a self absorbed waste of space anytime soon, though. I'll stand by anyone trying to better themselves, but she'd given up a while ago. Which was why I gave up as well.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Right... I've spent all day playing with my friends kids, and singing Xmas songs, its time for me to go and source some drugs :twisteddevil:

As for "bipolar" .. "I'm elated! :D" , "No, I'm depressed! :ahh:" "No, I'm elated! :D" , "No, I'm depressed! :ahh:"

How about pick one and STFU.

Rixus

Local time
-->
Enjoy your drugs and possibly a psycho later (can this please be kept as the forums official euphemism now?).

I remember the days of turning up to Christmas dinner on a comedown.
(Stares into space nostalgically)

And try being a little more tolerant of mental illnesses. While most of us can solve our psychological problems ourselves, there are many problems that finding your own way to actualise do not solve.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
wth.... a serious discussion breaking out in random thoughts? Go figure.

Some things can be powered through. Actual mental illness, not really... although unfortunately with the proliferation on online tests and people looking to explain their own behavior, folks are too free with diagnoses. There's depression/feeling, and then there is clinical depression. There is sporadic/emotionally immature behavior and then there is Borderline. And so on.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Now Jenny has me wondering if I have Borderline as well as clinical depression.

TBH, I actually do try to make the most of my depression by trying to entertain myself, but it never lasts.

/end of ignored post

Rixus

Local time
-->
Who'd have thought, huh? Technically, it stays on topic. We are INTP - thought is our lives. And life is random. So just talking about life is talking about random thought.

You are correct. Self diagnoses are exceedingly dangerous, and I won't say anything I suspect no matter how sure I am because I am not a doctor. She was indeed diagnosed by professionals - although they said BPD, they never exactly said bipolar. He said "an affective disorder", and prescribed a concoction of Orlanzapine, sodium valporate, cytalopram and clonazipan. I think we can rule out seasonal affective disorder with that cocktail, though. (Well, that's what it ended up being. There were lots of others trialled for a while but that seemed to be the right mix.)

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Enjoy your drugs and possibly a psycho later (can this please be kept as the forums official euphemism now?).

I remember the days of turning up to Christmas dinner on a comedown.
(Stares into space nostalgically)

And try being a little more tolerant of mental illnesses. While most of us can solve our psychological problems ourselves, there are many problems that finding your own way to actualise do not solve.

Erm, no. Unless they've suffered genuine physical trauma, or were born with a few irretrievably blocked neural pathways , then they can cry me a river.

What's the difference between the sporadicy (new word)/"feelings" and clinical diagnosis? Apart from the rubber stamp from some "authority" ?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Now Jenny has me wondering if I have Borderline as well as clinical depression.

TBH, I actually do try to make the most of my depression by trying to entertain myself, but it never lasts.

/end of ignored post

I actually did get diagnosed with Generalized Depression Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and was on meds for some time until it stabilized.

Therapy also helped; part of my problem was that I felt trapped and very unhappy in life and I had developed some really unhealthy/ineffective ways of self-protection growing up. Once my perspective had begun to shift and I found myself more able to stand up against the world, i made progress.

I have had to accept, though, that I am never going to be a deeply happy person. I'm always going to feel down on some level (sometimes worse than others), but it doesn't mean my life sucks, and I can cope with it. It's just me, and it's okay.

Rixus

Local time
-->
Erm, no. Unless they've suffered genuine physical trauma, or were born with a few irretrievably blocked neural pathways , then they can cry me a river.

What's the difference between the sporadicy (new word)/"feelings" and clinical diagnosis? Apart from the rubber stamp from some "authority" ?

Clinically diagnosed bipolar is caused by brain damage. Current understanding of the illness is that some people are born with a neural vulnerability which later on in life can be "activated" by a form of brain damage caused by a trauma that causes a large amount of neurotransmitters to be released. This effectively damages the dopamine inhibitors so that they can't properly self regulate. A lot like a fuse in a plug being blown when too much ampage flows through it. This could be an illness or an accident. Mood stabilising medication is designed to replace this function and stabilise those neurotransmitters. So yeah, it is physical. When it's correctly diagnosed anyway. Mood swings are a totally different thing.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
So what's the proper way to judge finger holes on a bowling ball? I am never sure of how to fit my hand for maximum proficiency.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
So I would be correct in assuming that all Bipolars have gone through a series of neurological scans prior to diagnosis?

No, that wouldn't be correct, because my friend was diagnosed and medicated for Bipolar just the other day, on the same day, by one of these professional drug dealers who pose themselves as GPs.

Hmm.

Did your ex go through brain scans n shit? (Whatever it is they do to measure those things)

My friend doesn't have "Bipolar", what he has is a case of self inflicted depression, and an addiction to beta blockers.

He's too lazy and weak to pick himself up.

Rixus

Local time
-->
So what's the proper way to judge finger holes on a bowling ball? I am never sure of how to fit my hand for maximum proficiency.

I used to find a 12 weight large finger holes about right. Maybe 14 weight now, i haven't been in a while and I'm a lot stronger now. Don't go too light, though. Try medium. It should just feel comfortable.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I used to find a 12 weight large finger holes about right. Maybe 14 weight now, i haven't been in a while and I'm a lot stronger now. Don't go too light, though. Try medium. It should just feel comfortable.

How far should the spacing between holes be? I see some that are really close and some that are far. Why is that?

And should I do drugs before bowling? Will my aim be better?

Rixus

Local time
-->
So I would be correct in assuming that all Bipolars have gone through a series of neurological scans prior to diagnosis?

No, that wouldn't be correct, because my friend was diagnosed and medicated for Bipolar just the other day, on the same day, by one of these professional drug dealers who pose themselves as GPs.

Hmm.

Did your ex go through brain scans n shit? (Whatever it is they do to measure those things)

My friend doesn't have "Bipolar", what he has is a case of self inflicted depression, and an addiction to beta blockers.

He's too lazy and weak to pick himself up.

A GP does not diagnose bipolar. They don't have the authority to, and can't prescribe the correct medication. They can only prescribe for basic depression which I personally think in most cases is something you need to work on yourself. In most cases.

It is possible for a CAT scan to detect a difference in brain chemistry but only during an episode. And due to a large amount of misdiagnoses the medical community has difficulty in agreeing on what patterns they are looking for. No, they spent a couple of years monitoring and interviewing her and trying out various meds until they settled on something.

Unless you believe that all psychosis (which would manifest as various hallucinations that are none drug induced) are basically a lie how do you explain that? It's not just a mood disorder as such. I suppose in some cases it could be a lie, but if they're doing that they're a seriously messed up individual and need counselling of some sort.

Top Bottom