• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Many Faces of INFJ

dang

Local time
Yesterday 11:07 PM
-->
I thought you chose to leave?

I chose to get myself banned. It was like trying to get fired from a job you are sick of going to. Eventhorizon pushed me over the edge. I can not tolerate idiots. That is why I avoid bars. How are you?

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 7:07 AM
-->
dang, you were given a moderator warning to stop derailing this thread. You can catch up with Sinny over visitor or private messages.

dang

Local time
-->
Sorry. Anyway, any one interested in different types of INFJs been to INFJ forum to study our habits? I have done a lot of observation and interaction there recently. If you want to compare notes go right ahead. I do think INFJs can be very fascinating. I am finally understanding myself. Do you think INTPs and INFJs can work together to wake people up?

A_Scanner_Darkly

Pisces-Virgo Introtim
Local time
-->
INFJs can be quite an interesting type, that much is true. For the more intellectual and visionary ones, Ni-Ti gives them this surreal brilliance and independence of mind that INTJs do not quite have, because their ideas tend to be tied to objective reality and establishment intellectualism a bit too much (Te).

I just dislike all the ridiculous hype that's been built up around INFJs. It is one of the prime sources of the endless mistyping that goes on...

Typism is really as idiotic as racism and nationalism.

dang

Local time
-->
INFJs can be quite an interesting type, that much is true. For the more intellectual and visionary ones, Ni-Ti gives them this surreal brilliance and independence of mind that INTJs do not quite have, because their ideas tend to be tied to objective reality and establishment intellectualism a bit too much (Te).

I just dislike all the ridiculous hype that's been built up around INFJs. It is one of the prime sources of the endless mistyping that goes on...

Typism is really as idiotic as racism and nationalism.

Makes sense. Being an INFJ does not define me. It is like being right handed. It is just one aspect of who I am as a person. What is your type? You probably won't dignify my question with a response considering your distrust of typing but it is worth a try. By the way, INFJs are the master race. Bow to me at once.

dang

Local time
-->
Oh, brother...I do wish you had remained at INFJf. The whole reason the Myers-Briggs online community started that forum was so that the INFJ-supremacy idiocy would remain confined to that forum, which anyone with any sense steers far clear of.

I don't hate you for being INFJ; I hate you for being a twat.

FYI, I identify as INFP. Go ahead, tell me I secretly wish I were you. It would be like the googleth time I have heard it.

TBH, I do rather like the idea of Ni (especially backed by Ti), but I am of the opinion that a person should more-or-less strive to do all they can with what they have, rather than wish all their lives that they were someone else entirely. And anyway, all strengths have their flip-sides; you're invariably good at some things and not so good at others; it's the same with everyone. And I do have a similar and equal appreciation for the INP typology in general, if not a greater one.

Welcome to INTPf! :p

You are an INFP, but you secretly wish you were an INFJ like me. Satisfied?

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 6:07 AM
-->
Oh, brother...I do wish you had remained at INFJf. The whole reason the Myers-Briggs online community started that forum was so that the INFJ-supremacy idiocy would remain confined to that forum, which anyone with any sense steers far clear of.

I thought it was a well known fact that INTPs are the superiors? :confused:

Even on the INFJ forum, haha.

INFPs are runner up tho, so don't feel too bad.

Narr, I'm pulling your leg.. ;)

I don't hate you for being INFJ; I hate you for being a twat.

Woah, valid line of reasoning, but why is he a twat? lol

You know I hate twats. But I don't hate dang.

Is the word 'twat' even in most Americans vocabulary?

dang

Local time
-->
I thought it was a well known fact that INTPs are the superiors? :confused:

Even on the INFJ forum, haha.

INFPs are runner up tho, so don't feel too bad.

Narr, I'm pulling your leg.. ;)

Woah, valid line of reasoning, but why is he a twat? lol

You know I hate twats. But I don't hate dang.

Is the word 'twat' even in most Americans vocabulary?

I thought Sin was the resident twat. I prefer wanker myself.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 6:07 AM
-->
I thought Sin was the resident twat. I prefer wanker myself.

I am the resident twat, but as the twattiest twat of them all, I reserve the right to judge all other twats.

*Takes a bow*

A_Scanner_Darkly

Pisces-Virgo Introtim
Local time
-->
You are an INFP, but you secretly wish you were an INFJ like me. Satisfied?
sorry, stupid rant.

i need to be civil at all times or not be part of a community at all.

i did like your post in the UFOs thread. ;)

you should stay...

we're derailing the s*** out of this thread, btw

dang

Local time
-->
sorry, stupid rant.

i need to be civil at all times or not be part of a community at all.

i did like your post in the UFOs thread. ;)

you should stay...

we're derailing the s*** out of this thread, btw

Let's discuss INFJs. I am becoming an expert. Why are INFJs so strange?

Cassia_Flower

Redshirt
Local time
-->
If you met a person would you be able to determine if they were INFJ or not?

---

After being subjected to a few INFJs in recent years I have developed an irrational dislike of the personality. The ones I know have engaged in actions in order to decrease my social capital. Their main motivations are beyond me. It could be because I have called bullshit on many of their ideals and motives. Inconsistencies in their behavior has lead me to believe that they are not who they are portraying themselves to be. It has turned into a game.

Diminishing social capital is a problem.

Ha! Yes, too many INFJs are delusional and scary, (probably me as well), but based off my own observations, the inconsistencies in behavior are typically natural to us. Whether this is due to wanting everyone to like us and therefore changing our personalities to suit them, or on the opposite side of the spectrum (anything in between is implied) they want to have control over many different types of people, and gain influence within every clique. Personally, I admittedly like to gain quiet but positive influence in every group of people through many different masks and behaviors.
And to be honest, nothing in my life would be more amusing than to be called out on it.
This isn't necessarily for evil, (though I have used it to create a network of people that keep me away from a particulalry dangerous person) and I generally have base values that I keep to diligently. I have a personality, but It's hidden underneath a mirror of people around me.
We'll copy humor, physical mannerisms, language, put out a front of knowledge or lack thereof, etc. I make myself relatable. It's a natural defense, a tactical approach to social situations. But again, we are still the same person underneath.
We can be manipulative, but for better. We can be honest, but will change the wording of the honesty to not hurt anyone.
There's no type of person I won't make it a game to get along with. Even if I don't like them at first, there's always something to learn. I just like people sometimes (until I'm tired of them).

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
The thing is, it’s not just INFJs, ISFPs are almost worse with it seeing as how they care not one iota about transparency. It is also a phenomena stemming mostly from white culture, and concepts such as entitlement. I don’t think everyone is equal, because that means everyone will just think they “deserve” what someone else worked hard for. The meaning of effort and the hard work gets rendered useless.

If you go to a ghetto or third world country and a little black girl or boy comes up to you, or you go up to them and ask what they want to be when they grow up and they say president of America, what would you do? Would you shut their dreams down then, or encourage them even if later on when they’re older they could look back and realize you didn’t know what you were talking about by encouraging them, or just pretended to?

A multiverse or alternate reality is not accessible in the ways you might think, in this lifetime or any.

People in the sector are working on VR and computer technology for realistic sex simulations in a cyberpunk fashion? Why? For obvious reasons. And when that doesn’t work they’ll throw a fit, and watch the world burn because a cheerleader in high school wouldn’t lay them, or too many of their crushes rejected them for a jock or athlete.

So it’s a “dog eat dog world”? People just do the opposite in hopes it makes them more clever because they can “see what’s missing” or attempt to poke holes in logic, probably under the assumption their accused hadn’t already thought of those possibilities. It doesn’t make them more clever.

It’s an artificial virus. If God was there someone would try to kill Him just so they can say they did or that they’re God now, as if that means they “deserve” something for it.

It’s quite simple. Unless you’re a burglar why don’t people give you everything they own when you ask or try to take it? A girl doesn’t have to give a guy her phone number if she even has one, and guys and girls don’t have to respond to catcalls nor statements intending to rape or provoke something out your voicebox or motion from your body.

Life is about breathing air, when you talk you breathe, and actions speak louder than words. People are different, not everyone is an extrovert.

It’s just a game to see if they can make a female president or do the paradigm, consciousness shift into a new age, Age of Aquarius, where it hopefully means female rule. No, it just means more recognition of their consciousness.

Nothing was really liberated. There is no book of answers (I Ching is the Book of Changes, though, as in pattern recognition). What you think is a book of answers is really just a guidebook that only tells you how to do something, it doesn’t actually do it for you. So it’s a game where they try to wrestle things from out of your control.

When Galileo said the Earth actually goes around the sun they tried to kill him. We all know the story of people trying to kill someone so they can take all the spotlight for themselves. I’ve already had NDEs and death/rebirth (resurrection) scenarios so I’ve already witnessed it. It’s a mockery.

Ne probably came first, followed by Ni in a grudge trying to get revenge. Also, like redbaron says, it’s “moving goalposts”.

It’s a joke that got out of hand. At first there was amusement, then it got trendy, and now people don’t get it. Just because you read about something doesn’t mean you know how it works, since you still have zero first hand experience. They say writing letters to your congressman can make a difference, except I don’t think whining or complaining is the same thing as it does not follow a structure of logic or reason - just blind overenthusiasm and shortsightedness.

Just because you know Übermensch doesn’t mean you have to base your life off it. It’s satire, and critiquing people.

They don’t think, just because they were gifted some concept of what they think is intuition (not “women’s intuition”) means that they can just say something, anything, as fast as possible so it seems like there’s depth and they’re quick witted but “they” are usually full of shit just winging it. There’s first impression, inanity, and waiting for something to happen literally behind someone’s back so they can say your IQ is low for not having eyes in the back of your head or while “staring” at them realizing what they were looking at or thinking, or how they were thinking about trying to impress other people by displaying ways they could be smarter than you.

The home town I grew up is known sometimes as the Meth Capital. Not just for the actual drug but behavior, whether it’s faster for impatience or convenience sake is relative and arbitrary. There was supposed to be more stuff about reincarnation through a karma system after death, so white people just feel like they were lucky or some good person in some past life for being who they are now. Then, romanticizing it or lusting after them just makes them reappraise their value so save themselves for a rich athlete or some celebrity who invested in their career and future so that they’re financially stable.

For some people their perception system isn’t even the same thing as others’. Se is mostly sensory, since it’s the reverse of Ni, it’s good for athletes and sports. Higs is an INFJ as well as Artsu Tharaz so while “intellectual” capability is there, it’s mostly just for socialization, as they are Fe “preferers”.

For some people, it’s racist. They just want your typical or average Joe, which is a white dude, nerd or not. Your interests don’t matter and neither does your specialization. People think it only started recently but it’s always been like that. A woman wants you to read her mind instead of wasting time on small talk but if she likes you she’ll make it easy anyway.

Some people think you just look at them, then decide to talk or ask them a question. Others just tell you want you want to hear with regard for truth or anything else.

moody

Local time
-->
When I first saw this prompt, my first thought was “don’t even get me started.” I have battle wounds from dealing with INFJs. But they’ve also literally saved my life before. So I guess that’s the trade off.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
Today 5:07 PM
-->
It's been a long time since I was here last, and I don't forget how young my mind was. It could be still, but then it will always be. But I guess it is.
I wrote off MBTI, but I've been experimenting with my mind in ways that elicit impressions of cognitive functions. Thinking back, I realised the problem I left unsolved regarding type might be a useful stepping stone; am I INTP or INFJ?
I've a confusing case of ambiguity that is perhaps better explained by an INFJ typing than INTP.
I took a test and scored high for Ti, Ne, Ni and Te. The rest were significantly lower. If it helps, it typed me as ENTP.
Perhaps my weird mix of functions is due to the INFJ's peculiar ability to 'become someone else'. I've always been good at changing myself, as if I were a different person, given the motivation. I try to be more genuine now, and I think I am but I do have the issue that in being genuine my mixture of cognitive functions is more dynamic than the hierarchy of 4 proposed.
All The INFJ subtypes I can identify with, and whilst a strong NTP typing has been accurate in the past, I've learnt to become much more in touch with people, my emotions, intuitions, etc. As a child I was certainly quite lost within my own hazy mind and also very sensitive and emotional. I lost that, but I can be sensitive when I want to be.

I certainly didn't plan this post, all I need is to describe a picture. I often find myself switching between J and P until either one doesn't seem to suit me anymore. I'll start becoming very organised, typical type B, extremely Te oriented. This will eventually fall apart and I'll revert to P for some time. As time goes on I get better at each, switching between them depending on what I need.
I've become very skilled at applying the cognitive functions individually based on what I need.
One moment I can connect very well with people, in a very INFJ way, and becoming quite extroverted. I might connect with myself very well, and express myself using words with profound and memorable effect that people still comment on many months later. I can fully immerse myself into a physical activity and excel. More recently I have developed a much greater memory. I can become very articulate and strategic. Ti is still my strongest however I don't use it unless I see the need to. I can use Ni as a way to develop skills - for example reading a book then writing in the author's style. Ne i use a lot in social environments or playing a certain character - which is certainly a hint. Often each embodies a personality, however subtle the difference and I'm getting better at masking it.

So, I don't know what I am. This is the main reason I wrote off MBTI. I'm back here however because I've done 6 months of brain training and over time I've become more capable with each of the functions, but simultaneously more spread out among them. Furthermore, as I've developed these functions and my ability to switch between them, my understanding of them is much better and I feel more confident learning about them now than in the past. Each 'form' or 'variant' of the training I do is often more effective for some cognitive functions than others. If you're interested in the brain training I do, look up 'image streaming' and you'll find more than enough information. I'm not open to discussing my training other than the cognitive processes involved. I've done more than enough discussing how to start etc. on other forums.

People, close people, have said I confuse them. Once second I'm an idiot, then a poet, then a mathematician, an introvert, an extrovert. It's as if I don't know who I am, but by writing off MBTI that's how I found who I am. Mind you, I still have many questions regarding truth and the self before identity becomes concerned.

Top Bottom