• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The High Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

onthewindowstand

Local time
Today 11:55 AM
-->
I am willing to smoke all weed, getting hung up on the method is strange to me. But one thing I havent tried though are the edibles. How do you all like em?

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
Today 6:55 PM
-->
hear, hear.

i haven't tried the edibles myself. i'm hoping to make some brownies with my mommy when i come back this summer for college. 'twould be an excellent adventure, i do believe.

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
i was evolved to be a druggie. my body is built for it.
durable nose, natural proclivity and talents, probably a short of endorphin to begin with. low self-control, high impulsiveness, family history, and a willingness (almost a compulsion) to try anything -- my only weakness has always been my lungs. the only reason i'm not snorting speed every day is because i roll with a crowd that hates that shit.
i guess i'm lucky...? is this really how i define luck?

i might still be a little high, by the way.
i do not want to go to school.

Dansk

Local time
Tomorrow 2:55 AM
-->
Be damned careful when eating it, make sure you at least have a small idea of how MUCH you're eating.

The first time I tried it I was in first year and I got together with a couple friends. We all threw in whatever was left in our stashes, which turned out to be much more than expected. Not knowing anything about eating it, though, we were worried it wouldn't be enough. Anyways, we baked the whole damned thing into a pan of brownies. The two girls of the group only ate a third of the pan between them; myself and the other guy had the other two thirds. Mistake number two of the night.

In a nutshell, I was fucked. I spent the night with my head in a garbage can, and not in a good way. The other guy passed out with his head in my toilet.

I've had brownies a couple times since and all the other experiences have been glowing, but that's because I knew how much I was eating. That's my only advice.

Jedi

Local time
Today 1:55 PM
-->
awwww, you guys.

i still prefer smokin' a jay though. that's how we roll in germany. fuck pipes, man, they're so annoying and unnecessary. and if you roll just right, make it look just like a cigarette, you can smoke while you're walking around in public. it's beautiful.

That's how we roll (NPI) here, man. J's FTW. :smoker:

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
i keep waking up feeling like i'm high. i didn't even smoke that much yesterday.

i think andy is finally realizing that maybe we smoke a little bit too much. which, by the way, we do, and i thought so a long time ago but sort of resigned myself to this lifestyle. josh probably still needs a little nudging, i think he likes it the most out of all of us, but it's not that bad.

today, after school, we're planning on going to the gym instead of smoking. working out. stop being so damn unhealthy.

sounds like a good idea to me. with any luck, we'll be able to limit the smoking aspect of it to just the weekends. i would be perfectly okay with that. as it is now, we smoke so much i'm almost getting bored with it. it's like i'm high more often than i'm sober. that's bad.

of course, andy could just be temporarily scared because we had drug dogs come to our school yesterday and somebody we know got caught. we didn't, because we smoked the last of what we had with us at lunch. that's also bad. in principle.

it's so funny though, my only incentive to do this is completely like... emotional. none of us are even doing bad in school. (although, i won't lie, the thought of getting caught does kind of make me want to shit myself.)

i'm just rambling at this point. eatin' my cheerios.

i told you i woke up feeling high.

foemangler

Redshirt
Local time
-->
getting a bag today and feeling mighty fine. everyone here loves weed, but why? what do you like to do stoned?

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
personally i've always liked the conversations that come out of it. that's my favorite part.

second favorite part... sleeping like jesus.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:55 PM
-->
all animals, humans included, have an innate desire if not to enhance their consciousness then to otherwise alter said consciousness. weed allows one to do that in a safe, fairly benign way. any substance that highlights the intricacies of music, sexuality, and conversation with few and small residual side effects has a spot in my heart...and dresser drawer.

Local time
-->
William S. Burroughs has referred to marijuana as a "sensitizer", by which he meant it essentially amplifies whatever one was feeling or experiencing. I think this is part of it, but not all of it. Marijuana also acts as a muscle relaxant, which aids in the experience of euphoria.

I love the feeling of lightness it gives you. It was in part because of this that Timothy Leary thought weed stimulated parts of the brain that would come into effect when humanity migrated into outer space.

The best part, however, is the cognitive shift. Smoking pot (or taking any drug really) allows you to see things from a different perspective. In a very real way you are thinking with a different brain.

Dansk

Local time
Tomorrow 2:55 AM
-->
I just love the weirdness of it, the feeling of being altered. I don't know a better way to explain it than that; I just like feeling like the universe is different. I like noticing new aspects of old things. I like the different mental space that everything occupies. Music, sex, cooking, movies, conversation, even mundane things like peeing or brushing your teeth, all become imbued with importance and gravity. It brings back some of the wonder and magic that the world had when I was a kid, the way time becomes fluid and things are never quite the way you expect them to be.

That's why I'm not such a big fan of alcohol. Alcohol doesn't change the world, it just makes you stupid, clumsy and obnoxious, not to mention impotent. Marijuana is the best aphrodisiac I've ever come across, alcohol is the worst form of chemical castration.

Melllvar

Banned
Local time
-->
getting a bag today and feeling mighty fine. everyone here loves weed, but why? what do you like to do stoned?

It'd be easier if you just asked what I liked to do sober...

I actually find tasks that would normally be somewhat tedious and dull get a lot better when high. Programming and reading textbooks come to mind. Video games, movies, music, etc., all that stuff is fun whether you're sober or high, but a 1000 page molecular biology book really goes down a lot smoother after smoking a bowl or two...

Local time
Today 11:55 AM
-->
Gahhhh I just smoked a resin ball.... This is insane.

Oh, and what I like the most about being high is where my imagination takes me... whhhooshhh it goes far. Also the euphoria is a huge plus.... Don't even get me started on music and food: It all feels Heaven-sent! Yeah.

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
the world would be a much better place if we all just smoked some goddamn ganja.

i'm always high though. it's getting to the point where it's difficult to distinguish being high from being sober.

i think that might be bad? at least i'm a well-functioning stoner. still doing my homework and eeeeeverything.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
How do you guys propose I get more out of my smoking experience? Music and food and sex are, of course, enhanced with a little mj, but I feel like I'm missing something with the whole toking scene considering some people would probably die for some choice puffs of og kush. Unfortunately, it seems to have more of a stupefying effect on me than the common "I can get so much done," "so much more creative" outcome. Is it the strand that's holding me back (indica versus sativa)? Amount? Expectations? Personal body chemistry? Something else? I want some answers dammit!

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
sativa is definitely a more productive/interesting mind-high. personally i find that indica strands just make me feel like a slug, and i'm not particularly fond of that experience, but it's good if you're "in the mood" i guess.

of course, body chemistry and your mindset before smoking also effects what kind of experience you'll have. i say you should try as many different kinds of shweed as you can, while also placing yourself in different situations when you smoke -- try smoking in different places, or with a particular goal in mind, like "i'm going to write a poem this time" or something.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Has anyone had experience with the synthetic weeds marketed as incense or some damned thing? You can apparently buy it at gas stations; it would certainly complement your Mountain Dew, Dunkin Donuts' sprinkled black frosting treat, No Doz, and Slim Jim.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
I got high for like the first time in several months or so on Saturday night. It's probably a good thing that getting high doesn't really 'do it' for me, considering my problems with alcohol. Smoking just makes me extra introverted, going Ne crazy in my own head, yet I'm unable to retrace the intuitive leaps I made to get to the current train of thought. Then somebody tries talking to me and everything I was just thinking about is gone, like a dream just after waking up.

Android

Solyaris
Local time
Today 10:55 AM
-->
Last night I saw numbers and chemical-equations all over the walls as I was trying to sleep. Tonight I've been experimenting with the stranger cannibinoids. The results have been as zen as a mathematical equation accurately representing the Tao.

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->
I took 50mg of 5-htp 4 times in the last 2 days, so when I just smoked today it interacted very strongly and I was pretty much tripping at one point. I had a lot of the really ridiculous distortions of perception and was seeing geometric patterns in everything.
5-HTP seems to have a huge impact on the high for me, but if I take it just a
little too often it stops working and I actually start to feel kind of shitty.

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
today is literally the first day in months that i haven't come home fucked up/high.
i found that, going through the gate to get on base, i was able to look the guards right in the eye and not feel scared. it was weird.

i'm trying to limit myself to weekends now. i've gotten to the point where i'm high so often it's not even fun or interesting anymore.

i wonder if all this makes me a bad person.

warryer

and Heimdal's horn sounds
Local time
-->
The last time I smoked was the first time in about a year and a half. Holy shit talk about low tolerances (I used to smoke multiple times daily). I started getting the spins like you get when your drunk- it was the first time I felt like I was gonna puke from smoking too much weed.

If you guys like the perspective shift that weed gives... you should definitely try out shrooms. They can be hard to find but, if you get the chance I highly recommend it! (Actually, I heard they are pretty easy to grow ;)) Nothing like figuring out the secrets of the universe only to open your eyes to watch your carpet grow.

Shoeless, the point to stop is when you start to get so unbelievably paranoid that you can't trust anybody. Fuck that. That's the reason I had to stop.

"What do you mean you're trying to give me a cigarette? You did something to it didn't you? Like dropped it in the cat box? I know you dropped it in the cat box- don't try to tell me you just pulled it out of your pack."

Or ,you know, for a job interview. I hate that society frowns upon it.

MunkySpanker

Banned
Local time
-->
I am willing to smoke all weed, getting hung up on the method is strange to me. But one thing I havent tried though are the edibles. How do you all like em?

edibles creep up on you, and then once you're high, you don't realize what's going on because the action (eating) that caused it happened so long ago...

then you're like... "oh yeaaaa I ate a fucking weed chocolate bar that's why I'm so sleepy and kind ride my motorcycle straight"

MunkySpanker

Banned
Local time
-->
i was evolved to be a druggie. my body is built for it.
durable nose, natural proclivity and talents, probably a short of endorphin to begin with. low self-control, high impulsiveness, family history, and a willingness (almost a compulsion) to try anything -- my only weakness has always been my lungs. the only reason i'm not snorting speed every day is because i roll with a crowd that hates that shit.
i guess i'm lucky...? is this really how i define luck?

i might still be a little high, by the way.
i do not want to go to school.

evolved to be a druggie. classic.

MunkySpanker

Banned
Local time
-->
How do you guys propose I get more out of my smoking experience? Music and food and sex are, of course, enhanced with a little mj, but I feel like I'm missing something with the whole toking scene considering some people would probably die for some choice puffs of og kush. Unfortunately, it seems to have more of a stupefying effect on me than the common "I can get so much done," "so much more creative" outcome. Is it the strand that's holding me back (indica versus sativa)? Amount? Expectations? Personal body chemistry? Something else? I want some answers dammit!

it helps me sit through a 20 hour poker session, all the while making me actually think I was interested at the other nits at the table -- when in reality I'm really just devising ways to get inside their heads, figure out their insecurities, and take their money

super stong sativa's (I do believe I enjoy OG Kush bc it's a Sativa) like Skywalker help you pull these monster marathon sessions... speaking of marathon, i wake and bake and go for a 3-4 mile jog w/ my dogs every morning... I've had asthma my whole life and never thought I would be smoking... especially prior to an athletic event.

It reduces your motivation yes, but it provides a numbness that makes you not care that everyone else is stupid.

Causeless

Local time
-->
"Because my last post just didn't make any sense."

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
-->
eh. i'm already too chill, ADD-ish and likely to make weird connections between things.

making that the extreme is just like... literally "i have no idea what's goin on"

though i'll have to experiment more, haven't been high many times.

Bird

Banned
Local time
Today 8:55 PM
-->
(:

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 7:55 PM
-->
Hmm... Any advice on what kind of weed or hash to smoke?
I've got nothing to do, haven't had panic attacks in about 2-3 months now. (Genetic anxiety disorder-ish)
Last spring I smoked a pure joint of a 50/50 sativa/indica strain(Bubblegum). It was interesting, but very frightening to say the least. The depersonalized perspective shift, the feeling of the whole experience being unreal were what kind of ruined it for me. The slow motion would have been cool if I wasn't anxious, but feeling like 'Oh god this is gonna last a million years I'm a ghost I'm dead' was unpleasant. Luckily there was a reassuring white light of safety accompanying me. I questioned reality for so long after the high. Everybody called me crazy for smoking a pure joint and said to only use 20% weed 80% tobacco(oh Europe). It certainly was one of the most important experiences of my life.
That's some information to take in consideration. I just want to do something interesting again, life's been bleak and boring lately.

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
you don't smoke much do you?

what is this bullshit i smoke weed out the ass and i never get to actually pick my strain, i just get whatever shitty shit my dealer will give me, nobody gives it a name. i get my kicks trying to figure out if my shit is laced or not, which sometimes it is, very big distinction between just being high and being high/completely dissociative when it's laced with pcp.
my friend should start dealing again soon though... those were the days. no more laced shit. just good pure bud, weighed out and toked in a nice cozy house. siiiigh. life.

yeah i'm kind of high, i smoked a pure today between four people. wasn't that great. pretty sure it contained a small amount of parsley. there's nobody good in stuttgart anymore.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm confused, if I'm drunk and high, where should I post then? Should I just stick to the drunken club, or can I pop by this place as well? Too late now anyways.

Edit: maybe we should make an hybrid club? Something tells me though, that it wont get too many posters.

Edit2.. why did I do thiss. Whyy cant I never seem to remembeer how bad this combo is. I'm suddenly 3 times as drunk and 3 times as higggh

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Being crossfaded with the spins is, in a word, hell. May god have mercy on your soul.

Doing both is like having oreos and gummy bears on ice cream: a good, if decadent, idea in theory, but one which leaves a nasty aftertaste. Also, there will be no hybrid club.

p.s., Why can you never remember? Um, let me see, could be a lot of things...

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 7:55 PM
-->
you don't smoke much do you?

what is this bullshit i smoke weed out the ass and i never get to actually pick my strain, i just get whatever shitty shit my dealer will give me, nobody gives it a name. i get my kicks trying to figure out if my shit is laced or not, which sometimes it is, very big distinction between just being high and being high/completely dissociative when it's laced with pcp.
my friend should start dealing again soon though... those were the days. no more laced shit. just good pure bud, weighed out and toked in a nice cozy house. siiiigh. life.

yeah i'm kind of high, i smoked a pure today between four people. wasn't that great. pretty sure it contained a small amount of parsley. there's nobody good in stuttgart anymore.
No I don't haha. Maybe I've been reading too much about CBD/THC ratios and shit...

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
the first time i seriously crossfaded alcohol and weed, i thought i was teleporting all the way home. it was kind of cool.

the last time i did it i missed the entire party because i was too busy being dead on my friend's mom's bed.

moral of the story: if you're going to drink and smoke, smoke first. because then you probably won't want to drink too much anyway.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Sounds like sound advice. Hopefully, this was the last time in a while that I did this. Luckily I managed to walk (wasn't easy) to my bed and collapse there before getting too sick.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
You know, I have sincerely tried to embrace mary jane again, but she seems to buffet me more than hug me these days. Things like heightened creativity and a more relaxed attitude are what one hears about, but I seem to get a foggy head and tired body the majority of the time. Do I have the wrong strand of the stuff or is mary jane just not for me? What do y'all think? As an aside, I think I get the purported feelings and thought processes of weed from a cup of coffee and/or meditation. I wonder if my nervous system is just funky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom