• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Spoonerisms and Misread Words

Silent Sage

Local time
Yesterday 8:23 PM
-->
Spoonerism- "You have tasted a whole worm"
(you have wasted a whole term)
Misread word- "Organism" as "Orgasm"

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 11:23 AM
-->
I slip in spoonerisms all the time in my speech, just because I know it makes so many people angry :king-twitter:

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Yesterday 7:23 PM
-->
Misread word- "Organism" as "Orgasm"
Oh canoli, this one happens to me at job interviews and whatnot. I have a degree in Organismal Biology with a minor in Organic Chemistry. Invariably, people do a double-take and say something "witty" about it. I've often wondered whether it would reduce or increase the affect if I left off the minor. Either way, it's too much "O" for people to handle with stoicism.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Yesterday 8:23 PM
-->
virginia, i always read palace as place

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Yesterday 6:23 PM
-->
Back in high school when me and my friends smoked weed a bunch, it was a regular pastime for us to turn everything everyone said into a spoonerism. We primarily did it with names and such. I can say with some certainty that I heard the phrase Com Truise even before the electronic music project of the same name was making music.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:23 AM
-->
I slip in spoonerisms all the time in my speech, just because I know it makes so many people angry :king-twitter:
Heh, I do it from time to time to see if people are okay with it. It shows who's obsessive about pronunciation, semantics and all those dangerously inane details like that.

Pragmatics ftw.

Top Bottom