• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP's blank face phenomenon

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 5:42 AM
-->
I have the flattest face for an ISFP.

Someone took this shot of me when I was web-caming with them and they shared it with me.

cWuSrdl.png

[Edit] Yes that is tape that is around the headphones. I tried putting gorilla glue on the headphones and then putting tape around it and let it sit for a good while, but it didn't work -clearly. And I wasn't blinking. My eyelids naturally rest low on my eyes.

Local time
Today 10:42 AM
-->
After not seeing one of my law school professors for about a year, I went to his office one day to ask him for some advice. When he saw me he said, "Oh hey how's it going Mr. Serious guy." I laughed because I get that all the time. Another professor asked me why I had such a serious look on my face and I answered, "I always look like this."

lassitude

Local time
Today 6:42 AM
-->
Person asked me why I had such a serious look on my face and I answered, "I always look like this."

This happened to me this morning: my not-close-at-all friend walked over and hugged me and said "You looked depressed" when I asked her why she did. I then had to explain to her that it was just the way my face always looks.

groovytaxi98

Dark Magician
Local time
Today 3:42 AM
-->
INFJ with limited facial expressions here! =D

From others' comments my face does appear blank but mysterious, and difficult to decipher. Sometimes my friends think I'm bored when I'm actually enjoying myself alot.

Irukanji

Part crazy, Part jelly.
Local time
Today 6:42 PM
-->
As lovable as I believe my face to be, it takes some getting used to. Some don't fully appreciate my smart ass grin or my dry sense of humor.

*A face only a mother could love

It only took me 20-odd years to like my own face, I have almost no memories of it before 1-2 years ago. Now days I just have a beard and shave my head, people leave me alone.

But yeah, the common question of "are you ok" was normally met with a "I'm fine" and they try to push that I'm not. Like c'mon, I'm still breathing and having to put up with your bs, obviously I'm not that fine.

Bleh, social norms of smiling = everything ok, and frown/no expression/relaxed face = something wrong.

Plus I end up laughing at random stuff floating through my head and people give me weird looks, they will never experience the same joys from their own mediocre thoughts.

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
Today 10:42 AM
-->
I can relate to this phenomena largely. Was at a wedding when some friends and I took some pictures. They all looked so silly and happy standing by each other, except for one person with a blank face all the way to the right... They tore the mickey out of me for that o.O.

Top Bottom