• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Creepy Rage

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 7:01 PM
-->
I mean, I am sitting their being normal and it get's mildly heated and then I start to think the conversation has escalated to the point that I think I am absolutely correct.

I start pointing fingers , talking in a rough loud tone, and I am completely out of myself. I start swearing and insulting people. I start using satire and sarcasm at heavy lengths. I accuse people too.

Normally I am very meek and timid. I hate conflict.This attitude just creeps over and I can notice myself turning beastly. I openly try to calm and stop it, but I can't so long as the argument is pursued.

Anyone?

Or that is just being angry?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:01 AM
-->
Is this thread about me or am I just being narcissistic?

It's probably a NT thing, we're emotionally invested in concepts rather than sentiments so when we feel our conceptual territory is being infringed upon we become bitterly defensive, it's a trade off for being thick skinned when it comes to the sort of stuff normal people get upset about, I mean right now I could assault you with the most vile insults I can muster and you'd probably find it funny.

P.H.

Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.
Local time
Today 12:01 PM
-->
Recognizable. But I get like this mostly when somebody questions my validity. It can get really ugly before I know it.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 9:31 PM
-->
I sometimes feel this sort of mood taking me and I immediately seclude myself. If I'm on the phone, I hang-up; if I'm out, I go home; if I'm in an argument, I agree to disagree and walk away. Some people think this a little melodramatic, but the reality is that I'll be assigned any false attribute over revealing the darker side of my livid self. Some triggers of this mood include:

- questioning my ability in a facet of my capacities that I care about.

- arguments that are presented with disdain for my own views and based on poor premises.

- needless and inept cruelty; at least be entertaining while you destroy someone's self-esteem.

- people smothering me. If I'm denied my space I get narky.

intpz

Banned
Local time
-->
Ummm... never been like this. The closest I get to this is when people don't trust me to a too long extend or question my abilities/knowledge without any info about it, just for the same of thinking that I'm an idiot. Although I don't get to this instantly, only if it's a repeated "violation." And by "this" I mean I only raise my voice a little bit to show that I don't like it and imply that I am angry, that's all. I never start cursing or accusing, or whatever else is mentioned here.

Am I the only one who thinks that I am too calm?

intpz

Banned
Local time
-->
I can't deny that I like it, but it's odd, especially after reading that it's not one of the "INTP traits." I've never "lost it," even in really heated arguments. If people who are shouting don't overshout me, I talk calmly in a normal tone of voice when they are screaming as loud as they can. That doesn't happen often, of course, nobody screams at one too often, but when it does, that's how I act.

P.H.

Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.
Local time
-->
Ummm... never been like this. The closest I get to this is when people don't trust me to a too long extend or question my abilities/knowledge without any info about it, just for the same of thinking that I'm an idiot. Although I don't get to this instantly, only if it's a repeated "violation." And by "this" I mean I only raise my voice a little bit to show that I don't like it and imply that I am angry, that's all. I never start cursing or accusing, or whatever else is mentioned here.
Yeah, for me it's never instant too. It boils under the surface 'till breaking point and then I go full verbal rampage. The thing is, just before, or during the build up, you wouldn't notice I was feeling like that. I'd act normal, maybe a bit snarky, which for me is like a prelude but most people don't pick it up. I've been advised a lot that I should show my emotions earlier on in a conversation/dicussion, but it's not that easy imo. I'm afraid I'll go full rampage if I do that. And I really don't want to get there so I guess I try to hold it back for as long as possible.

Am I the only one who thinks that I am too calm?
And for me that would be really calm, but I think controlled is a better word. Kudos to you that you're able to manage emotions in this specific context.

I sometimes feel this sort of mood taking me and I immediately seclude myself. If I'm on the phone, I hang-up; if I'm out, I go home; if I'm in an argument, I agree to disagree and walk away.
I try to do this, but if the other person I'm conversing with doesn't let go, he or she will keep dragging me back into it.

TriflinThomas

Bitch, don't kill my vibe...
Local time
Today 5:01 AM
-->
I'm rarely angry, 90% of the time my "anger" is mistaken frustration. I denounced Catholicism when I turned 18 (my mother forced me to go to church while I was a minor). Naturally, the youth ministers, both of which I have known since they started working at my old church, tried to get me to stay with it. I was chatting with one of them at Subway one day, and it seemed from out of nowhere that he asked me why I was getting so angry. I thought about it for a little, had a quick moment of introspection, and told him that I was getting frustrated with him because it didn't make sense. I couldn't (and still can't) grasp how "Because he's god" is a sufficient explanation for anything in the bible. It's been my experience that devout Catholics don't think with their brains, but with their ears.

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:01 AM
-->
pjoa,

Your avatar kind of sums it up, doesn't it? You experienced your dark side.

Beholder

What for?
Local time
Today 2:01 PM
-->
A few times as a kid it's happened that someone really made me mad, and that happened to me, to a point where I became violent (I specifically remember punching someone in the face for saying he was better than me at something when I was 10 or 11). I've been so traumatized by this lack of control that comes over me when I get mad that now whenever I start to get angry, I immediately drop it, and get away to somewhere where I can be alone.
Pretty much exactly what Hadoblado said...

Marcher

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots that I have little time for. I get quite annoyed quite fast if someone starts pestering me about trivial matters.

Marcher

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Speaking of idiots, Opera is an idiotic browser. :storks:

I'm on a very slow connection and it has a feature called 'Opera Turbo' whereby it compresses web pages and thus leads to much faster speeds (and less bandwidth used). So in my case it's a good choice, although I do miss Chrome's minimalism. Opera has tried to emulate that in newer releases but is still bloated. It also crashes at least twice in a day, so I'd be using Chrome if my connection wasn't so bad.

I abandoned Firefox years ago. It used to be good but went obsolete when Chrome came out. Its only good point is that It's better than IE (the versions for XP anyway).
There's nothing worse than using a public computer at a library or college and it only having IE though!
I resisted Chrome at first (I wanted to avoid Google's increasing grip over the internet) but gave way when I saw how much better it was.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
-->
Well it's only my brother that has actually initiated that creepy ass rage. I mean that with genuine honesty. I cannot recall a time someone else has got me there. Good to know I am not alone. In most cases I am so lackadaisical it irritates others.

It's never a snap. It's like another person talking using me.

@EditorOne I guess it is Darth Vader sitting about in my head. I have been quite commanding at times when angry.

I got out of my last bout of rage by walking off and taking a shower.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:01 PM
-->
I won't start shouting. I won't start cussing, flaming, or anywhere near lose my temper. I will however... flow with the conversation. By that I mean, as the argument gets more and more heated, especially when I'm defending myself against multiple people at once, I'll be far more vivid and active than my usual me. My friends will often tell me i'm getting agitated (or even use that as an argument), as they recognise my natural state of being as silent, more withdrawn and too lazy to do ...anything. I don't start flaming or mind it, however, and I don't feel bothered, instead I just find energy? I mean, finally, they're open to ideas, things i've been thinking about. It's like they're joining me in MY playground, and whether they'll acknowledge it or not, I'm quite capable of bullying them around in it. It makes me feel alive, and perhaps a little superior (Yes , my ego, I shouldn't, but don't we all?).

In all honesty, I do get irritated when they keep telling me 'not to be mad, i'm just wrong' while ignoring all my evidence and not coming up with proper arguments. But that's as far as it gets, irritation. I'll think 'sigh, idiots. They'll never understand.' and try convince them some more, for the sake of it, or give up, cause it (or they :beatyou: ) are hopeless. Then again, that point is usually only achieved if both parties keep hammering (well, if they keep hammering, cause I will anyways! :D) and we're both too stubborn to revise our opinions. That being said, I hope I'll never reside to arguments along the lines of 'you're mad' to break the argument.

//I did have points of rage, both emotional and when people argued my beliefs in the worst of methods when I was younger. By younger I mean until age 16ish. Then I slowly, over time, learnt to control my emotions, resulting in less and less of these moments.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
-->
I experienced a different form of this creepy rage a couple of days ago.

I was alone in my room and my Slackware took a hit. My personal account's Xorg configuration went haywire and basically I couldn't run the GUI, I was quite annoyed as I really rely on it as the one that isn't supposed to screw up. So I was trying a bunch of small things and I created another user to get in, whatever.

The problem was it was coupled with a couple of other things. My disappointment with a car I fondly wanted to buy, it turned out the guy wasn't taking a bargain and there was more rust than I thought. It's strangely important for me to buy that type of car, BMW E30, I don't know why. One of the reasons I wonder if I am an ISTP.

My shorts were loose and irritating it was old and useless, I was getting attacked by messages on Whatsapp, and as I was getting rid of those shorts the shorts I was about to wear justfell into a puddle of water in my bathroom.

Then I punched my door. I don't get it, like it's a bit dangerous to just blow up and stuff. I now know that my door is made from cheap wood at least.

Anyone get this sort?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 9:31 PM
-->
I experience that sometimes, but I remove myself before I feel the need to punch things. I either go for a walk or go to sleep, it's hard to be frustrated when you have no goal that is not being met.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I don't think you are INTP. Not based on this thread, but it's the general impression I get from you.

Hmm. Whenever I get into a RL debate I become immediately very detached. Emotions blurs the focus on the issue. In addition, I don't like to display strong emotions in public.

I don't get into long winded debates, though. I have no interest in changing someone's mind. I ask them some questions, they explain. Usually it ends with them making some general reference to something barely relevant.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
-->
I don't think you are INTP. Not based on this thread, but it's the general impression I get from you.

Hmm. Whenever I get into a RL debate I become immediately very detached. Emotions blurs the focus on the issue. In addition, I don't like to display strong emotions in public.

I don't get into long winded debates, though. I have no interest in changing someone's mind. I ask them some questions, they explain. Usually it ends with them making some general reference to something barely relevant.

I know right?! I must be Ti. I know that. Has to be. I mean, this sentence right here probably proves it. But I am definitely ILI. No doubt. Socionics loves it that way. I sometimes consider myself as an IXTP. Then I can arrogantly say the best or worst of both worlds. Then again, X just means undecided so I can't hold it.

But I am normally detached and I never react in this manner in front of anyones' eyes. In fact, when they come over and ask me what happened I just explain them comfortably. It's almost a reflex or tick. I even do it straight faced at times! It takes a certain amount of stimulus, like an overload of meaningless, unnecessary, and unimportant information crawling over current grave issues and impeding the solution to the current grave issues.

Long winded debates only occur with my brother. He's an ENFJ (maybe ENFP) and he is the one who can push his own agenda far enough to create discussion anger. So far I have never been angry at anyone is such a manner. They don't even get a quarter of the anger, at least upfront.

@Hadoblado EXACTLY like that. Walking helps a lot. I can't sleep it off.

Tony3d

Local time
-->
I live inside my intuitive thought processes and keep myself distant from the issure at hand. Even when that issue is something in my own life, I still approach it with a sence of distance.

However, when my core 'truths' that I have decided appon inside my head are challenged, whether by a situation or by something someone says, and my logical thought process can't find a way to line up reality with my core values (Ne), then my thoughts break down and I start to make decisions, usually bad ones, based on feeling and illogical emotions.

It is as if once my outer defenses are broken down, the beast deep inside my head can run free. I am most definatly not one of those INTPs that claims not to have any feelings, I in fact have very strong but very immature and uncontrollable feelings that lay dormant deep beneath the surface.

Anger however is usually in control to the point where I don't have too bad of outburst, but I will make bad decisions and even (dare I say it) rely on tainted logic to guide me.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
-->
It is as if once my outer defenses are broken down, the beast deep inside my head can run free. I am most definatly not one of those INTPs that claims not to have any feelings, I in fact have very strong but very immature and uncontrollable feelings that lay dormant deep beneath the surface.

Anger however is usually in control to the point where I don't have too bad of outburst, but I will make bad decisions and even (dare I say it) rely on tainted logic to guide me.

Obviously, INTPs not having emotions in entirely untrue. We just have a lower awareness and control over it. As a result we tend to suppress emotions and we know that it can impair judgement severely. That works well till it builds up and then we blow immaturely.

I don't think I have made a decision on emotion yet. I wished I did at times. Sometimes being sensible and reasonable has its toll. Especially in the self-interest department. I try to resist certain temptations and only realize that they have to be satisfied and these compromises will only result in a long line of desires waiting at my door. I am going to try to follow an emotion soon. So yeah, going to see how does desire and passion add the funk to what is usually a mundane young adulthood.

Tony3d

Local time
-->
I don't think I have made a decision on emotion yet. I wished I did at times. Sometimes being sensible and reasonable has its toll. Especially in the self-interest department. I try to resist certain temptations and only realize that they have to be satisfied and these compromises will only result in a long line of desires waiting at my door. I am going to try to follow an emotion soon. So yeah, going to see how does desire and passion add the funk to what is usually a mundane young adulthood.

I consider myself an INTP because that is my default and strongest thought process, but one of my main goal is to understand and develope my weaker areas. I try to learn to feel a bit more each day and I try to be a bit more extroverted and understand other people a bit more each day.

I still approach learning how to feel more with the mind of an intuitive thinker, so i am sure I will always be an INTP at heart, even when I do become more well rounded.

My thinking mind keeps my immature feelings in check, it is like a parent/child relationship between the two.

Tony3d

Local time
-->
"Bad feelings, go to your room, you are grounded for a week!"

"But thinking, I want to go outside and play with me friends..."

"Well you should have thought about that before you started misbehaving."

"I hate you! Your not my real dad, you can't tell me what to do!"

"As long as you are living under my roof I can tell you what to do as much as I want, now go to your room and stop backtalking before I ground you for TWO weeks."

*Feelings pouts off to his room all pissed off*

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
-->
I consider myself an INTP because that is my default and strongest thought process, but one of my main goal is to understand and develope my weaker areas. I try to learn to feel a bit more each day and I try to be a bit more extroverted and understand other people a bit more each day.

I still approach learning how to feel more with the mind of an intuitive thinker, so i am sure I will always be an INTP at heart, even when I do become more well rounded.

My thinking mind keeps my immature feelings in check, it is like a parent/child relationship between the two.

PFFFFFTT.. don't worry about weaker areas. LOL I tried that. It never happens. You are never into it and if you aren't into it you won't persevere when it gets tough, as a result you will never be as good in it as you should've been work on what you know you like. I learned the hard way despite all the warnings from Steve Jobs' commencement speech.

I only know I am INTP or ISTP because I relate to the personality descriptions. I know I can't be any other because I am chaotically disorganized, calm, have no sense of morality, daydream like crap, and I like systems/mechanics quite a bit. My all time obsession is the E30, but it's a really difficult car to find in proper shape (goddamn rust).

Your conversation with your dad outlines first world problems, lol.

Tony3d

Local time
-->
Your conversation with your dad outlines first world problems, lol.

That was a conversation between my thinking brain and my feeling brain, and how my thinking brain keeps my feeling brain in control when it is bad.

Leave it to an INTP to totally miss the metaphor.

The personality profiles I red for INTP left me wondering if I really was one, so I checked around with a bunch of different types, but once I started looking into the thought process behind each type, I knew for sure that I was an NT, and I know I am an introvert, even though it is really only about a 60/40 split anymore.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->

I think he's an INTP based on the extra information he's given. If someone knows how to get under an INTPs skin and really push buttons or Fe will surface in a not-so-good way.

Maturatity is obviously a big factor, and we all have the other aspects of our personality. We just get better are working with them as we get older.

Tony3d

Local time
-->
I think he's an INTP based on the extra information he's given. If someone knows how to get under an INTPs skin and really push buttons or Fe will surface in a not-so-good way.

Maturatity is obviously a big factor, and we all have the other aspects of our personality. We just get better are working with them as we get older.

Do you ever have problems with ENTPs/ESTPs trying to push your buttons by needlessly trying to test your logic for no reason, and trying to make their point by providing false context to your infalible logic?

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
Do you ever have problems with ENTPs/ESTPs trying to push your buttons by needlessly trying to test your logic for no reason, and trying to make their point by providing false context to your infalible logic?

Mostly ISFPs who know me on a personal basis are the ones trying to make me angry. Even after proven wrong they'll maintain their point of view, but they know they are wrong and you can just tell in their voice. It's actually pretty funny.

The only ESTPs I know are younger than me, and are jealous of my impulse control haha. An ENTP I know is actually a very good debate partner. We never conclude anything, but we get a lot of perspective on the subject. A lot of "hmmms" and "ahas." He maintains that INTPs are all secretly serial killers though. :)

Tony3d

Local time
-->
I can't argue with ISFPs, it is like trying to argue with someone speaking another language, I just don't bother.

ENTPs however, they seem to care enough about the argument that I think I can enlighten them and bring them up to my logical level, but they always seem too stubborn to ever listen.

Proper logic but flawed context... sigh...

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
ISFPs are just kind of silly, their Te is so sad it makes me laugh. Sorry to any ISFPs out there lol.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
-->
That was a conversation between my thinking brain and my feeling brain, and how my thinking brain keeps my feeling brain in control when it is bad.

Leave it to an INTP to totally miss the metaphor.

The personality profiles I red for INTP left me wondering if I really was one, so I checked around with a bunch of different types, but once I started looking into the thought process behind each type, I knew for sure that I was an NT, and I know I am an introvert, even though it is really only about a 60/40 split anymore.

LOL! That is even more messed up! Damn, I don't even go that far as to call one part of my brain a DAD! I like them to be equals, ying yang sort of. It's pretty stupid but I win myself over with the question 'Can I ever do this again?' when I am pondering on a decision. Often I conclude 'No, we may never know what future holds to us, do it now!'. I sometimes hold myself back spitefully, 'what will this do? More bullshit and no progress, nothing new in this one'.

I just find it strange that you can actually not suffer from anxiety in approaching others. I really do freak out. Especially if anyone does a favor or whatever. I just think oh man, I am now in debt.

I can't be an ISTP, they talk weird shit in that forum! There is no entertainment on it either, this forum is about five light years ahead in terms of content. It's also got some serious killer retro theme. I just noticed all other forums can't top this look.

Tony3d

Local time
-->
I have gotten to the point where I am only a moderate introvert. The problem with that however is that I have come to learn what loneliness is, and my internal thinking process doesn't quite know how to respond and fix that problem... hmmm...

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
I have gotten to the point where I am only a moderate introvert. The problem with that however is that I have come to learn what loneliness is, and my internal thinking process doesn't quite know how to respond and fix that problem... hmmm...

Ditto

Tony3d

Local time
-->

So as a result of not being able to deal with the stress of figuring out how to balance both being introverted but also meeting new people because I am lonely, my internal thought function basically broke down.

So then my external feelings rose up in all their powerful but immature glory and preceded to reck my life in every way possible, while my thoughts just spun around in circles in my head.

Lots of fun.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
-->
So as a result of not being able to deal with the stress of figuring out how to balance both being introverted but also meeting new people because I am lonely, my internal thought function basically broke down.

So then my external feelings rose up in all their powerful but immature glory and preceded to reck my life in every way possible, while my thoughts just spun around in circles in my head.

Lots of fun.

First world problems.

HA!

It's not bad. You just shun the bad people out. Let them know who needs to see whom.

I used to die in my infatuations. I used to think I was about to die from a stroke saying anything to these girls and I could never mind my own business, always staring and being creepy.

Now that I spend more time alone I have started to see the glory of introversion. There is less stress, there is more productivity, and the best part is the ability to say 'no'. I can now say 'no' to a party. 'I don't want to drink, it's crowded as hell in clubs and I just want some alone time regardless of what you have going on'. Because you start to see what is better for yourself, what you really enjoy. Now If you still want to go out you are probably extroverted, maybe a bit awkward one.

Tony3d

Local time
-->
First world problems.

HA!

It's not bad. You just shun the bad people out. Let them know who needs to see whom.

I used to die in my infatuations. I used to think I was about to die from a stroke saying anything to these girls and I could never mind my own business, always staring and being creepy.

Now that I spend more time alone I have started to see the glory of introversion. There is less stress, there is more productivity, and the best part is the ability to say 'no'. I can now say 'no' to a party. 'I don't want to drink, it's crowded as hell in clubs and I just want some alone time regardless of what you have going on'. Because you start to see what is better for yourself, what you really enjoy. Now If you still want to go out you are probably extroverted, maybe a bit awkward one.

That is very close to my attitude, I hate the idea of going to a club or a crowded party, I am in fact still predominantly an introvert. I also still want to be home alone 5 nights out of the week.

But I am just extroverted enough, that if I don't have any friends to hang out with on the other 2 days, that I begin to feel lonely.

I hate social scenes, but I want to meet a few new people so I am not alone, but I can't do that without being part of some sort of social scene, so I get into a logical loop.

It is kindof silly, but that is just how my brain is working at the moment.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
-->
That is very close to my attitude, I hate the idea of going to a club or a crowded party, I am in fact still predominantly an introvert. I also still want to be home alone 5 nights out of the week.

But I am just extroverted enough, that if I don't have any friends to hang out with on the other 2 days, that I begin to feel lonely.

I hate social scenes, but I want to meet a few new people so I am not alone, but I can't do that without being part of some sort of social scene, so I get into a logical loop.

It is kindof silly, but that is just how my brain is working at the moment.

Clubs are sort of like gambling and lately I have realized that it's the same shit every time. Now it's not like gambling. It's like going to a church at night but it isn't cool because you don't get any medieval architecture to creep your wits out.

It's just mass regular people smoking and drinking.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
Can't say I'm a stranger to rage. Aggressive and fast hand gesticulation, sharp and rising tone of voice, yelling, mockery and sarcasm accompanied by exaggerated facial expressions, breaking things. :phear:

It's not something that happens outside of some specific triggering situations involving family. In fact, don't think I've ever gone berserk on anyone but family, most people would probably be surprised to see me like that as I'm seen as a very phlegmatic person.

It takes some serious shit to rile me up with most people, not just a simple disagreement whereupon I'm certain I'm right; in such situations I'm more likely to just politely drop it, or roll my eyes and say something sarcastic, dismissive or condescending and walk away if the other person is very irritating and doesn't budge. I cool off fast and move onto something else most times I get angry.

Also the rage is cumulative and surfaces more in the long term, not as a response to a single recent occurrence for example; that'd be annoyance, which I'm more prone to.

skip

Sock connoisseur
Local time
Today 6:01 AM
-->
I get like this mostly when somebody questions my validity.

I think we like to be valued for our knowledge and can take it personally when someone rejects our knowledge or information, like it's a rejection or invalidation of ourselves, but the rage thing seems like an out-of-proportion reaction. I've never felt the need to punch anything.

Tony3d

Local time
-->
I think we like to be valued for our knowledge and can take it personally when someone rejects our knowledge or information, like it's a rejection or invalidation of ourselves, but the rage thing seems like an out-of-proportion reaction. I've never felt the need to punch anything.

That sounds very ENTP to me, I have never really cared one bit if people listen to my logic or not, me knowing that my logic is in fact correct is enough.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
That sounds very ENTP to me, I have never really cared one bit if people listen to my logic or not, me knowing that my logic is in fact correct is enough.

Maybe ENTP if they just kept spewing their knowledge. But as an INTP it takes a lot of effort / thinking before I share any of my logic or reasoning.

So what little we do say is viewed by us as the most important thing that needs to be said or "put out there." If it is ignored, it's almost as bad as if our ideas were rejected entirely for being non-sense.

At least, that's how think / feel about it. The only time this can really put me into a rage is if whoever I'm talking to is using Se, and my tolerance is being stressed. (I have nearly limitless tolerance though, so this RARELY occurs, unless I am sick, or sleepy)

EDIT: Clarity

Tony3d

Local time
-->
I only feel my underdeveloped Fe rage when I can't internally figure out something that is immportant to me.

The only time I have ever let external sources anger me, is when a promise is made and they are an immportant part of a system and plan that I have created, and them breaking that promise makes it immposible for me to get what I need. When they cause my well laid internal plan to fail and my NT functions can't come up with a valid plan B, I will release my Fe anger on them like an angry child, and it is very immature.

koan

The Postal Poet
Local time
-->
IRL when I think I've finally busted a brain cell and gone into a rage I get responses like "well, thank you for being so calm about it." #Fail. Online I usually get "don't over analyse" and bust more brain cells trying to explain what basic words in the English language mean. #Pointless.

Aside from chemical interference, I have very few things that set off anger: Rudeness (yes, I realise that's like Hannibal Lecter) and implying I'm not good at my job, because I never do anything I'm not good at. :beatyou:

Turnevies

Local time
-->
I am usually very open-minded and will seldom complain. In the case someone really annoys me I will give subtle hints, but if they are not understood properly, it only makes the anger grow.

At some point (especially when drunk), I can lose my temper and react with a blitzkrieg of logically coherent insults, which can be remarkably effective in shutting your opponent down. Lately, I had one of these and I don't remember everything I said, but it ended with "You talk too much and you think too little".

When I do this, I actually don't really feel it as if it is a personal issue, more like I had to do it to preserve natural order in the world. I almost feel like an authoritarian father having to punish his children for pedagogical reasons.

Cipher

Introspection Specialist
Local time
-->
If there's one thing that's really important to me, it's being right. The absolute certainity that my worldviews and the parts of them that I express are 100% correct and true.

I tend to not take others' opinions seriously enough to care, but sometimes, when they manage to challenge my views in a certain stupid but also confident manner, I get mad.
That's when I start trying to convince them in an almost mathematically precise manner that they are wrong and I am right.

Now that I say it, that's one pretty stupid trait. I should drop that.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
9G3Jlnc.gif

Top Bottom