• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Which People Inspire You Most?

Local time
Today 5:23 PM
-->
submit a list of people who inspire you the most, if you wish to, of course

mine will be up soon

Madoness

that shadow behind lost
Local time
Today 7:23 PM
-->
It's funny actually... never had one. :slashnew: Looking everyone I know, every one of them has some role models. I'm kind of taking parts from everyone I guess.... not having a real list to put up.:(

Grove

Wait.....now what?
Local time
Today 12:23 PM
-->
^ I agree. I've never really had a singular person as a role model...never thought, "Wow, I want to be just like that person." I've always just picked up pieces from people, traits I thought were commendable or practical, or used their actions as a template for how I might handle a particular situation.

As far as who inspires me...?...to do what exactly? At which point in my life? I am reluctant to point to politicians/spiritual leaders. I can point to times when I have been inspired by teachers, or characters in books/movies, but those moments were fleeting. I think this goes back to how I see role models. Anyone can inspire me at any given time for any given reason.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
Today 6:23 PM
-->
Usually the ones that don't mean to. It's funny how life works out that way.

Artifice Orisit

Hannibal Lecter
Grigori Rasputin
Dr Frankenstein
Tony Stark
Skynet
Jet (Cowboy Bebop)

drumir93

Local time
Today 11:23 AM
-->
George Carlin
Thomas Paine
Thomas Jefferson
Edgar Allan Poe
John Lennon
Gautama Buddha (I'm not Buddhist)
Benjamin Franklin

Like Grove said, I don't try to be these people or live up to their standards. I just take the bits and pieces that I love about them and try to add certain things to certain extents to my own character.

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
Like others have said, I find bits and pieces inspiring in people.
Although, generally I see the things I don't like about them, and try to make sure I don't mimic them...

Then there are the people who are so utterly different than I am (people who are consistently content, for example) that, while I admire them and wish, I could never imagine being like them. Because it would unbalance the precarious sense of self I have, or something like that.

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
Today 6:23 PM
-->
Hell, I once had to write a text about an idol I had. I didn't have one (and still don't)! This was probably supported by not having a TV.

warryer

and Heimdal's horn sounds
Local time
-->
Hannibal of Carthage - rises up against all odds using what he had to overcome a "superior" enemy... for a short time at least. The best example of true courage in my opinion.

If I could I would sit down and have a beer with this guy.

dents

Local time
-->
Marvin Minsky and Eliezer Yudkowski. They make up for the massive sucking of rest of the species.

bananaphallus

found out
Local time
Today 5:23 PM
-->
Alexander the Great. The guy conquered almost the entire known world in less than twenty years for Pete's sake.

Confusing: He's 'great' and a much revered historical figure, yet those with similar ambitions in modern times are always the 'bad guys.' Are you trying to discourage me, modern education/popular culture? :beatyou:

Top Bottom