• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Website Subforum

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
Today 10:29 AM
-->
I think we should create another subforum inside of the arts and entertainment section that is dedicated strictly to the encouragement of finding new websites and discussing about them. I'm always on the lookout for new interesting websites and I'm sure you people know of some great ones that I don't even know exist. Who's with me?

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
Today 11:29 AM
-->
I think we should create another subforum inside of the arts and entertainment section that is dedicated strictly to the encouragement of finding new websites and discussing about them. I'm always on the lookout for new interesting websites and I'm sure you people know of some great ones that I don't even know exist. Who's with me?

I have been proposing a Link Library for about six months. Ragnar seems to think it is a good idea, but apparently it calls for a hack that may not exist. He was going to look into it. Did you know there are no Link Libraries on the net? It seems preposterous...
in any event you can do a search for the links that have already been posted thus far on the forum I think there are like 3000 of them

If one can assume that most INTPs have exceptionally good taste in such things, one could assemble a very good list of interesting sites by sorting through those we already have......

Claverhouse

Royalist Freicorps Feldgendarme
Local time
Today 5:29 PM
-->
INTPC had an Interesting Links sub, I seem to recall; but not limited to Arts. I daresay it might be possible here if sufficient people show interest on this thread.

:elephant:

Claverhouse :phear:

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
Well shoot, how many people do we need? I'm sure it wouldn't bother anyone to have one more subforum, we did add an entire section for the facetious persona troll.. why not give Da Blob and me this!? I've got plenty of websites I'd like to talk about, I'm just kind of waiting for the appropriate section to place them in. :)

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
Hmmm I'm game. Kianara and a few others said they would help organize a Library, but that was months ago... We might need to post an announcement to gather more 'volunteers'...?
However, I do think that there should be some appropriate software somewhere out there in the cyberspace universe that could make the whole project a less labor-intensive task...?

BTW two threads of relevancy (perhaps?)

http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=1873&highlight=search+rare+bovines

http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=1842&highlight=intpia

Claverhouse

Royalist Freicorps Feldgendarme
Local time
Today 5:29 PM
-->
Well shoot, how many people do we need?

I'd be happier if about ten people agreed here. Even in a perfunctory fashion merely from solidarity.

It's not just a question of building rooms: it involves creating rooms which turn into dusty unvisited attics and stores which have forgotten their purpose. You must admit the Formal Debates thing rather quickly lost momentum and hangs there forlornly.

Alternatively, were you and Blob committed to post at least 15 threads each, not in the next month, but beyond that during the next six months [ to be exact: only 15 threads each after a month as a one-off obligation ], it woud be agreeable. Wasted forum creation is unliked as it involves checking permissions for each user-group. But this is a good enough idea.

Also, be nice if you'd suggest a title that doesn't include links as a separate word.. we would like to make intpf slightly different from other forums. If only so that people don't confuse us with others in what passes for their minds.

Claverhouse :phear:

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
Well submitting 15 posts would not be much of a challenge - However, I would like to organize the existing links, as well and have an index or something at least. I do not see how this could be done as a run-of-the-mill type thread(?)

EDIT: for example, There are 14 pages of photobucket links, and maybe as many deviant art links

Cobra

Local time
-->
I am in favor of this idea.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 6:29 PM
-->
I'll show my support as well. I'm certain some of the websites would be of interest.

Madoness

that shadow behind lost
Local time
Today 7:29 PM
-->
I'm a bit sceptical. It itself then has to have subcategories. otherwise it would soon result to being a trash can.:slashnew:

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
I could easily offer up 15 pages of interest, if not more! Ummmmk, as for the title.... How about 'websites of interest'? Seems straightforward enough.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
Hmmm Flow and I may be talking about two different things. I was thinking of simply organizing the links we already have via

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=119041

or another hack or Links Manager...

EDIT: BTW the Wordpress Links Manager looks practical(?)

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
I'd be happier if about ten people agreed here. Even in a perfunctory fashion merely from solidarity.

I agree in a perfunctory fashion that stems from solidarity.

The formal debates died? *hurries to check*

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->

dents

Local time
Today 12:29 PM
-->
What about throwing up a slightly modified version of Reddit on a subdomain? It's open source and was designed for exactly what is proposed here. As always, I volunteer coding skills if needed.

Top Bottom