• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The INTPf invention ideas thread

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
Today 12:14 AM
-->
Yeah, I draw a lot with ballpoint pens and I really want there to be better ones too. They are really good for shading and creating intricate textures (like hair) when they don't jam up. Which they do much too frequently when you're not applying a lot of pressure. My current solution is to make quick precise strokes in order to keep them from jamming up even when I'm applying minimal pressure. But this makes drawing harder and often forces me to move to rotate the paper I'm drawing on in able to get the angle I need in order to be able to make the quick precise strokes the way I want them to. All of the ballpoint pens I've tried have had this problem. If that problem could be rectified as well that'd be great.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Yesterday 5:14 PM
-->
I sympathize entirely. Of course, I've never invested in a $20 ballpoint pen, so I wouldn't know if such quality already exists. I just think they have so much potential.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
I bought one such pen for my sister as a present once.. but that level of indulgence isn't one I want to reach when it concerns my own needs. I did buy some which were above the average price recently, unfortunately they weren't better than the cheap ones at all :( Have you posted any artwork here? I would like to see the ballpoint work of someone else, doesn't seem that popular a choice of medium.. or well ballpoint drawings are commonplace stuff but most people seem to use them like any other pencil.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
My artwork is uninspired. I just use it to unwind sometimes. Anyway, I do use it much like a pencil. Despite my love for confident, bold strokes, my work lacks commitment. I prefer to work in negative space, covering a region in darker shades and erasing/whiting them away for the details of my image. It's backwards, I know, but its perfect for the indecisive and timid artist. Ballpoint does not lend well to that method, forcing me to work more in the abstract if I want something presentable. I might post something here at some point, but I've never done it before.

gilliatt

Local time
Yesterday 6:14 PM
-->
Well all these people go out partying, drinking to much at bars, clubs. How about a bus, call it a drunk bus to carry them home safely. Safe a lot of DUI's. I would not want to drive it!

Nebulous

Local time
Yesterday 7:14 PM
-->
A ballpoint flowing ink pen with adjustable thicknesses (like a lens opening) for artwork. It would have to have a mechanism to allow the setting to lock into place, but not in a preset way. The whole point is to not only avoid the hassle of constantly switching and capping/recapping pens, but to also provide fine control over the gauge. The pen would have to have interchangeable/replaceable ink cartridges too. I don't want to have to buy a ton of pens. This pen would replace an entire "set". It's got to have high quality parts, which makes it expensive, but I think it needs to be designed simply enough (or come with a good manual) so the artist can take it apart for maintenance, or to replace parts if one piece gives.

Ooh this sounds great
I know I'd buy one (if it worked well enough)

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 7:14 AM
-->
Nice thread. If you want I can look for similar patents so that can you seek inspiration off of it or avoid their claims so that you won't get sued.

knyl2013

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:14 PM
-->
AI Investigator.
I wonder if it is possible to build software to solve the crime.
For instance, you give the computer a bunch of data and it will come up with possible culprits with reason(s) according to the evidence you presented or the experiences to similar cases.

Aviator8

I wanted to be a star, so i irradiated myself
Local time
Yesterday 6:14 PM
-->
I love the idea of this thread, but as an inventor/patent holder it is not smart to discuss specific inventions too much...lol. I find it safer to discuss needs/ problems that want solving...in a generic way. I have a bunch of cool solutions to questions that no one else but me may be asking (and I am not telling until they are patented, should they turn out to be worth the investment of time/money), but it is a lot of fun brainstorming to find solutions for other people's needs.

Right, you're not answering each other's questions in a quality manner, but I'll let you shoot this problem for me anyways....it's tough, I challenge you, winner gets a large congratulations you've just solved a rare medical condition that's solution probably won't spread.

Me, or someone I know, or both depending on my gender... Which I won't disclose, has a genetic disease where the solution is to poison the person, and save them, but not their endometrium. Cyonide has b-12 as an antidote. How do you prevent vitamin b-12 from reaching said location without localized application, or target the endometrium without localized application.

Come on, who will rise to this challenge. I'll bet none of you can do it.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
I suggest, no i insist; beg even, that someone invent a code to releases all the poor banned souls and simulatenously ban *redacted*

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 1:14 PM
-->
If someone could adapt HIV so that it could be transmitted as a cold virus, yet also attack more than the immune system, say maybe the lungs, heart, and intestine, etc. that would be pretty amazing. It could be the next real plague.

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
-->
But then you should make an antidote for yourself. Unless you want to die too.

Hey, that was actually one of my ideas! Die and bring everyone with you at the same time.:p

If someone could adapt HIV so that it could be transmitted as a cold virus, yet also attack more than the immune system, say maybe the lungs, heart, and intestine, etc. that would be pretty amazing. It could be the next real plague.

Edit: should I have written "Originally posted by ..." Or something?

pecatus

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Perfect! I believe I found the right forum after making this silly personality test today - which happened to be spot-on. So, as of today, i'm categorizing myself as INTP. "Hello everyone, my name is 'John', and I have a problem.."

Anyways, the thread, and them ideas. Got one I'd like to see to happen, but bare with me as i'm not a man of few words. Or so I've heard. But it's a kind of mind-magic for me to influence your thoughts with these words and painting as specific picture as possible in your head.

So, a couple of weeks back with all this Slush -hype going on I had an idea (I believe you've all had your share as well, given the forum we're at), and I did what I'd always do. I took my phone and recorded a quick Whatsapp message to my friend. He rarely acknowledges them anymore, as I've spammed them "world changing" ideas since we were seven, some 30 years now. But this particular idea has haunted me since. The voice message was maybe a minute long or so, and went something like this:

"You know what's fun? This! This what I'm doing right now! Innovating and sharing it with someone. The best damn feeling in the world. But no one else ever hears about these ideas, and I have no idea how to even begin to make 'em happen. So what do you think about an app where one could record these ideas, someone without friends, skills or money, and just send them ideas out there to be made. To be created. A tinder-like application maybe? Tinder for ideas. I-tinder.

So how it works? I record this idea, send it out and forget about it. But now this idea has a date profile. Someone else, maybe a coder or someone with particular set of skills needed for this said project is bored and is checking out his application elsewhere. He finds this idea a neat one, checks his specialty on a checkbox (ie [x] coding) and swipes right. You have one friend now! Go you!

Sometimes it only takes an idea and the code, and magic happens. Sometimes things need some more planning, but there are people who do that too. They check their specialty (ie [x] planning, [x] marketing, [x] getting shit done, [x] investment, [x] patenting, whatnot..) and swipe right. Soon you have a team of friends who find your idea plausible and would be willing to work on it.

For you it might mean nothing. You just had an idea and gave it out, but for someone it could mean a new career. Or maybe you really want to see this thing through and stay at it to the end.

In my mind it has a potential to change the way we share ideas and innovate alltogether, but maybe there is a way to monetize on this too. Don't know. Don't care. I'm all for open source and crowdsourcing and free stuff and pirating. What i'm after is a platform to share them ideas, quick and neat, without typing and second-guessing myself while doing it (and never sending them to anyone).

You've all had these groundbreaking ideas you've had no way to even begin working on, and then seen someone else create similiar thing later on. You maybe smiled and thought that even light bulbs were invented around the world about the same time and went on with your life. But it's the ideas that this swarm intelligence of human kind doesn't produce that worries and annoys me. It's a net loss for humanity in my eyes.

Top Bottom