• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Smoking Cigs vs. Ramen Noodles -- which one kills you faster?

NinjaSurfer

Banned
Local time
Today 10:02 AM
-->
Eating a pack of Ramen noodles daily?

or

Smoking a pack of cigarettes daily?

--which one will kill you faster?

catatonic

Banned
Local time
Tomorrow 12:02 AM
-->
all of the living beings will be dead anyway.
even if you don't eat ramen and smoke.

:rip:

NinjaSurfer

Banned
Local time
-->
all of the living beings will be dead anyway.
even if you don't eat ramen and smoke.

:rip:

how do you know someone can't live forever? what if technology makes it possible? Ray Kurzweil thinks this is possible in the very near future.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
Today 7:02 PM
-->
are you going to eat something else?
might also depend on the brand.
you might as well ask: buying foods from the supermarket .... most diseases we have to day come from eating intoxicated shit, and not ramping up lifeforce with good foods

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
i'd say we could live 120-150 years but what's closest to my heart is not prolonging life, but ending it without dementia, so called alzheimers, yeah give it a personal name as if it was some intentional entity, that can be blamed, as if it isn't just another civilization disease (intoxication) ...nasty shit.

NinjaSurfer

Banned
Local time
-->
you might as well ask: buying foods from the supermarket .... most diseases we have to day come from eating intoxicated shit, and not ramping up lifeforce with good foods

Hmm to be fair I guess we would have to allow other foods;

eating ONLY RAMEN would probably kill you in 1-2 weeks.

NinjaSurfer

Banned
Local time
-->
i'd say we could live 120-150 years but what's closest to my heart is not prolonging life, but ending it without dementia, so called alzheimers, yeah give it a personal name as if it was some intentional entity, that can be blamed, as if it isn't just another civilization disease (intoxication) ...nasty shit.

but maybe dementia is kind of cool if you are the demented person?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
i am the demented person. and my mother is, in a significantly more progressed stadium. i really disagree with that notion. dementia isn't just loss of memory, it eats up your whole consciousness. simple allergic reactions or intoxications are bad enough for the mental state, creating excruciating trance states, invisible from the outside. how bad is decaying alive?

catatonic

Banned
Local time
-->
actually, i eat ramen everyday too.
well, i don't really care when will i die.
when it's the time to die, then i'll die.
whatever who cares. :phear:

:storks:

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
actually, i eat ramen everyday too.
well, i don't really care when will i die.
when it's the time to die, then i'll die.
whatever who cares. :phear:

:storks:

Of course you don't care, you have eight more lives to spare. :kilroy:

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
why so worried about ramen? something in the news about stamcells from embryos or what? i would expect neurotoxin-msg and gluten, plus some refined material that goes through the gut barrier. the normal shit.

i got symptoms from some noodle brands, others where bearable. but it's a typical "get your self a sugar crash soon, then end up eating more than you intended for the day" food. trash.

i just substitute the hot dope feeling with a sharp self-made soup. (champion, coconut oil, spices)

Thurlor

Nutter
Local time
Tomorrow 3:02 AM
-->

What is this 'lifeforce' that can be ramped up with good foods? If it's energy, well that can come from 'bad' foods as well.

And I'd much rather a supermarket versus some street side stall with no notion of refrigeration or food hygiene.

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
-->
Hmm to be fair I guess we would have to allow other foods;

eating ONLY RAMEN would probably kill you in 1-2 weeks.

It has all the basic nutrients your body needs basic survival. I have lived mostly ramen before. Dirt cheap food. My nick name for it is Not Dying. It's not the best thing to eat, but it'll keep you going.

Also smoking doesn't kill you, it's the cancer.

catatonic

Banned
Local time
-->
It has all the basic nutrients your body needs basic survival. I have lived mostly ramen before. Dirt cheap food. My nick name for it is Not Dying. It's not the best thing to eat, but it'll keep you going.

Ye I agree with you.
If you read the nutrition facts of the ramen, there are carbs, protein, and fat that our bodies need.

My friend died because of lung cancer, but she didn't smoke at all.

Death will come to everyone, regardless you smoke and eat ramen or not.

:elephant:

Thurlor

Nutter
Local time
Tomorrow 3:02 AM
-->
Whilst I don't deny that smoking has negative effects on one's health, I believe that the burning of fossil fuels is more to be blamed for the increase in the incidence of lung cancer.

NinjaSurfer

Banned
Local time
-->

ahhh, but you cannot live on cigarettes

sorry to insult the Ramen

Ramen +1
Cigarettes +0

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
What is this 'lifeforce' that can be ramped up with good foods? If it's energy, well that can come from 'bad' foods as well.

regeneration/self-healing powers, depending on the availability of micronutrients. having healthy, non intoxicated and non oxidized cell material, down to mitochondria. metabolizing the living, not accumulating the dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
Today 6:02 PM
-->
regeneration/self-healing powers, depending on the availability of micronutrients.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc

The hunter-gatherer diet has appealed to me for a long time, but at the moment I'm just making small steps towards it.
It makes perfect sense, not because it has been determined that it is what we "need" to survive, but because it is what our ancestors ate for millions of years, we evolved on that diet.
Species evolve for a diet, not the other way around. For example we lost the ability to produce vitamin C whilst we were eating foods rich in it, we did not lose the ability to produce it and then start eating fruit.

The one problem is that grains and rice are the easiest way to produce large numbers of calories. The discovery and subsequent refinement of agriculture led to the present-day population boom, and although it may not be our ideal diet, if the world decided to give up grain billions would starve. We simply cannot produce enough calories to sustain the population in any other way.

Bucca

Local time
-->
I could probably live a long life eating one of these ramen noodle recipes daily.

RedN

Local time
-->
no matter what we eat nowadays can kill us... almost... id say smokes still. ramen you can compensate with more water.

Top Bottom