• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Play by Post DnD?

Jaico

(mono no aware)
Local time
Today 3:03 AM
-->
Alright! A lawful evil cleric + a chaotic good paladin is bound to make for some interesting RPing...

logicsniper

Redshirt
Local time
Today 6:33 AM
-->
Here is my char sheet, and pic. Haven't written up her backstory yet.
Name: Iuliana
Race: Elf
Classes: Druid
------------------------ Description -----------------------
Height: 4' 9" Weight: 92 lbs. Gender: Female
Eyes: Silver Hair: Red,long, straight Skin: Fair
Dominant Hand: Right Quirks: Argumentative, Care-taker
Speech style: Indirect

Hit Points: 0
Experience: 0 / 0
Alignment: Neutral Good
Vision: Low-light
Speed: Walk 30 ft.
Languages: Common, Elven, Druidic
Stat Score Mod
STR 11 (+0)
DEX 13 (+1)
CON 11 (+0)
INT 15 (+2)
WIS 18 (+4)
CHA 12 (+1)

-------------------------- Skills --------------------------
Skill Total Rnk Stat Msc
Appraise 2 0.0 2 0
Balance 1 0.0 1 0
Bluff 1 0.0 1 0
Climb 0 0.0 0 0
Concentration 0 0.0 0 0
Craft (Untrained) 2 0.0 2 0
Diplomacy 1 0.0 1 0
Disguise 1 0.0 1 0
Escape Artist 1 0.0 1 0
Forgery 2 0.0 2 0
Gather Information 1 0.0 1 0
Heal 4 0.0 4 0
Hide 1 0.0 1 0
Intimidate 1 0.0 1 0
Jump 0 0.0 0 0
Listen 6 0.0 4 2
Move Silently 1 0.0 1 0
Ride 1 0.0 1 0
Search 4 0.0 2 2
Sense Motive 4 0.0 4 0
Spot 6 0.0 4 2
Survival 4 0.0 4 0
Swim 0 0.0 0 0
Use Rope 1 0.0 1 0

-------------------------- Combat --------------------------
Total / Touch / Flat Footed
AC: 11 / 11 / 10
Initiative: +1
BAB: +0
Melee tohit: +0
Ranged tohit: +1
Fortitude: +0
Reflex: +1
Will: +4
Unarmed attack:
to hit: -4
damage: 1d3
critical: 20/x2
------------------------- Equipment ------------------------
Name QTY LBS
Total weight carried:
Current load: Light
Encumbrance
Light: 133
Medium: 266
Heavy: 400

druid.jpg

------------
animal: wolf
weapons: short staff, scimitir, sickle
Armour: leather, small wooden shield
deity: Ehlonna, goddess of the woodlands. domains: animal, good, plant, sun
Languages: Common, Elven, Druidic, Dwarven, Slyvan
Char Backstory:
Iuliana is the third child of a noble family in the land of Dar Ath.
Where she was trained in sword play and basic animal husbandary. As was the tradition in her homeland on her 10th birthday she was given a wolf cub, Shala, whose soul was bound to hers.

Her homeland was torn apart by war and invasion. Resultanting in her
parents deaths when Iuliana was 14. She fled with some indentured dwarven servants, who raised her. Until betraying her 3 years later and selling her into slavery to a farmer. She remained working for this farmer for 3 years, until his death when she was given her freedom in his will.

While in slavery she had befriended a druid, who encouraged her
to study the druidic knowledges and to become one when she gained her freedom.

While still in training, Iuliana and her teacher encountered a monster,
which, almost mortall, wounded Iuliana and killed her teacher. Once she had recovered she travelled abroad and has remained normadic ever since.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
Today 1:33 AM
-->
Lost, after wandering irresponsibly away from the
@Jaico: yes. Yes it should. :starwars:

gepcy loc

♪♪♪♈Mondayz, time for Alchemy♈♪♪♪
Local time
Today 12:33 AM
-->
Lundi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning...This is rather long and probably grammatically horrible

Lundi’s birth was considered lucky and a good omen given the number of cubs. There were seven cubs Lundi being the seventh. Lundi’s father was a very superstitious kitsun. He knew good luck meant good fortunes. Lundi’s father is a big boned cream colored 100 year old kitsun who loves to entertain guests and customers. He insists on being called Saduro , Akari kitsun have a tradition of receiving a name for every tail they grow Saduro has so many tails that his full name it would take hours to recite. Kitsun men also get a choice to receive a wife for every tail he gets. Saduro never turns down an offer this being the fact Saduro has a large harem of kitsun wives; Lundi has too many brothers and sisters to count, her being the youngest. Saduro is so skilled at being a merchant that he has a hand in every ones pocket but because the families so big the money allows them to live a modest life. Saduro loved to play practical jokes, but he loved it even more when his jokes end up in him gathering wealth. (Think of him as a Hindu Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob only he’s a fox.) Saduro traded with many people but none as secretive as the human clan known as the Kuroyaida . The Akari’s clan leader, Lundi’s Grandmother held a close friendship with an old monk named Fumo a man of great influence to the Kuroyaida clan.

The life of Lundi’s growing up was one of noise and very little privacy. Her clan lived on the outskirts of a forest far to the east. On a read many traveled. Young cubs in the clan including cubs from other uncials and aunts were taken care of by the grandmother Oma. She he is very quick tempered. Honor is the golden rule in according to Oma, step out of line and you’ll get hit in the head with Oma’s cane. Lundi was no exception to the rule. Lundi’s family means a great deal to Lundi, but Lundi always wanted a secrete place that only she would go. Lundi hid in large closets and cave close buy the clans town. When she grew older she often went in the forest to get away from her busy home. Lundi could never go any were for long though for her litter mates would always fallow, which bothered Lundi but they where family and her closest of all her brothers and sisters. Lundi didn’t know how to turn them away. Lundi’s brother Ivanneth (Elvin for September) was the worst; he was the first born in her litter and thirst for some control over his seven litter mates. This made him a prime target for Lundi’s jokes. In return Ivanneth was always fallowing Lundi and setting up practical jokes to humiliate her. This was all in good competitive fun but Lundi often grew tired of it sometimes. She would look to find ways to get around kin. She would use windows, rooms leading around main halls, and different back paths that were rarely used in her village. Sometimes she even dressed up as another brother or sister. The shadows became her friend and she often wore dark cloths to make it easier to hide at night. Ivanneth was afraid of the dark and Lundi knows this, often using that in her jokes about her brother.

One day Lundi went into the forest to find herbs for her Oma to make tea with. Ivanneth fallowed, and Lundi allowed him to catch up, Eger to see what trick he had up his sleeve. Instead of a joke though Ivanneth had a dare, kitsun love jokes but Lundi loved dares better. Ivanneth hated that Lundi used his fear of the dark as a part of her jokes so he pulled a kitsun trump card, the fear of heights. All kitsun are born with a fear of heights. He dared Lundi to climb the highest tree by the village, hoping that Lundi would chicken out in front of the family. But Lundi did not back down. She found herself climbing the old tree next to the family burrow. A tall tree just beginning to bud with strong bark. Lundi jumped to the first branch which was a little off the ground than she was. This troubled her little, but after she climbed the next branch she felt shaky and found that she was all together fearful on the third branch much to the amusement of Ivanneth who laughed when Lundi grew pail in fear. Too concerned with the ground below to watch her feet Lundi fell on top of Ivanneth much to the amusement of every bystander watching. Shortly after Lundi got hit in the head and scolded for dawdling with Oma’s chore, Lundi had an epiphany. If Kitsun fear heights would it not make since to go there to hide? Lundi gave tree climbing a try. Every day Lundi climbed a tree trying to overcome her phobia. The First two weeks Lundi could not get past the third branch so grate was her fear of heights. But soon after that Lundi’s persistence paid off till finally she made it up to the top without falling. This odd behavior caught the attention of the clan her father called her Sit Ajia Oli elven for “the crazy one.” and her Oma would hit her over the head with her cane telling her it was for her stupidity but would always follow it up by giving her a sweet treat stating it was for bravery. It was one of Oma’s lessens in life that Lundi heard but because of her youth rarely thought much of.

One moonless night a dark stranger came to deliver a message to Saduro. A trick he played on the Kuroyaida ended up backfiring and they wanted payment for his miss dead. Some valuable secrets were stolen from the Kuroyaida and Saduro’s trick the only thing they had to blame. The Kuroyaida called for Saduro’s life and sent the Ninja to tell him and allowed him to have a chance to die an honorable death. Saduro was confused and denied his involvement in the lost secret scrolls the Ninja only bowed and said you have two weeks then I’ll be back with, for a life. Oma was horrified at what had happened. She did not want to see any of her young ones die; third son, grant nephew, or 327th grandbaby. Oma was sly and on a mission only a mother could complete. She contemplated what was happening and meditated in her garden for a day or two. Watching he grandbabies play. She saw little 10 year old “Ajia” Lundi climbing to the top of a peach tree. Gold rays of midsummer’s afternoon light shown down on the garden nothing in the air gave the sign of appending death to her child in a week. The Kuroyaida wanted a life for something she and her son were shore they had no part in. Denying it would get them nothing though, Oma knew this. The Kuroyaida wanted a life, but “what’s the good of having a life if you only wish to destroy it? A life must be used not wasted.” Oma thought slyly. Oma begged Fumo to talk with her. Offering an alternative to killing her son she would give up little Lundi to work for Fumo and the Kuroyaida. Fumo agreed and pulled some strings. The Akari clan gave up Lundi to Fumo for training and serving him and the Kuroyaida. Lundi trained for 15 years becoming one with the shadows. As a test of honor and skill Master Fumo sent her to a far off land. Just to see what she can do on her own.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=177669

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
^Gepcy loc: That's very thorough. Good. (Line breaks help others to read, though. Just for next time.)

logicsniper... I've been thinking about this for a while, but if you want your character to speak Dwarven, you're going to have to buy the Speak Language rank. Luckily, you seem not to have taken any ranks in anything, so you can easily do that, so go ahead and do that at first level, and pick a new bonus language from the elven list.

logicsniper

Redshirt
Local time
-->
In that case:
Languages: Common, Elven, Druidic, Dwarven, Slyvan and Gnome

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
^Brilliant site, Anthile! Thank you. I just got the 4e DM handbook, too, so I'll go through that tonight as my bedtime reading and see what I can take from that to improve the campaign I have planned out.

As to the character sheet, all looks good. As soon as I get an hour or so to myself I'll look over everyone's character sheets and see if there's anything I should note.

Before we start... does anyone here have any particular preferences for the campaign? Do you want a lot of role-playing, or ingenious traps to overcome, or to explore and adventure and suchlike? (There will be elves, trust me, because a good number of you speak Elven.)

gepcy loc

Local time
-->
I like role-playing, and i'd think all of us here like problem solving.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Hmm. Sentient traps, perhaps?

Ah, now there's a good question (although everyone else, reply to the other one too). How straight-up serious do you want this to be? Storytelling in the full-blown time-honoured Romantic tradition, or more Genre SavvyNPCs, situations and events? I can have fun with both, and twist my campaign both ways, so it's up to what you want.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 10:33 PM
-->
As for campaign style, I want a little bit of everything, hack & Slash, Stealthiness, Intense role playing, traps, riddles, the whole deal. I'd also rather play a serious game where characters have actual motives.

gepcy loc

Local time
-->
I like it to be serious but not so serious that its not fun. I like to laugh so maybe mildly serious?

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
I like it to be serious but not so serious that its not fun. I like to laugh so maybe mildly serious?
Oh yeah, I agree with this too. But the way "Genre savvy" was described, it just sounded like the characters are playing a game as opposed to our characters actually living a life of their own.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Okay, I think I know what you're talking about. A good, gripping storyline with plenty of opportunities to role-play, and lots of excuses to get into tricky situations is the ticket, then? Cool. I can set that up easy.

(By GenreSavvy I meant kind of Pratchett-esque, actually. The characters would have lives and motivations, there would just be lampshades everywhere.)

gepcy loc

Local time
-->
@Adymus: I see where your comeing from.

So when do we think we should start playing? I need to know because I share a computer with seven other people and if I have a definite time I have a better chance of swearing my dominance over the computer at that time.

Jaico

(mono no aware)
Local time
-->
Genre-savvy sounds like a good descriptor of how I'd like this campaign to go...and here's my (badly written, very liable to change, but done) backstory.

The Knights of the Raven Order were considered heroes, once. They were respected and admired throughout the kingdom of Garrote for their bravery, intelligence, and skill in warfare; many times had they been able to repel the unwelcome invasions of undead hordes, or the vanguard of the neighbouring kingdoms seeking to claim new territories. Those times, however, have long passed; the Kingdom of Garrote eventually outgrew its warring days, and a great peace settled upon the lands. It was to be an age of peace, harmony, and happiness for the people under the rule of the King, and it seemed as if the hardest days would be left behind forever.

Things never go the way that people expect.

The Knights of the Raven Order quickly found themselves out of a job protecting the Kingdom; since there were no more threats, many saw the Knights as obsolete, useless relics of the past. The King kept the Order alive by keeping them as royal guards, but the Knights were no more content with this new position as the populace who saw them as a waste of resources. Despite the people of Garrote calling for the dissolution of the Knights of the Raven Order, the King still kept them, and soon, began relying on the highest ranking members for advice on how to run the kingdom. To those who knew the King, this puzzled them, for this was not the King that they had remembered - they recalled a strong and independent King, not one to rely on the guidance or advice of others...

Every day, the King seemed to become more and more reliant on the Knights of the Raven Order, and as a result, more and more authoritarian - under the pretense of having to maintain a watchful vigilance during a time of peace. It was not long before the head of the Order, Vandour Focault, was named the King's Chancellor; in the months after, the once idyllic Kingdom became a nightmare - fear kept the populace from revolting, and any attempt to question the authorities was met with "justice" (often in the form of a severe beating or disappearance). The King seemed to remain blissfully unaware that his dream had turned into a nightmare, and continued to rely on the advice of his new Chancellor.

The nobles wouldn't stand for this, however - not out of a sense of good, or for helping the Kingdom, no...the nobles realized that if one of them managed to overthrow the King, then they would all have more power. The nobles called for a secret meeting to create a plot to kill the King, and his Raven Knights. Nothing, however, escaped the entrenched intelligence network of the Raven Order, however, and a plan was created to destroy the final threat to the Kingdom of the Raven Knights in one fell swoop...

The strongest of the Knights were to make a pact with a powerful Demon for profane powers, such that they would be able to obliterate the nobles and remind any who would dare rebel against the King what would happen to them. Auguste Guillarde was supposed to be a part of this contingent, a group still known today as the Helltouched Emissaries. Infused with unholy powers, the Knights reaped a swath of destruction through the meeting grounds, and killed not only the nobles gathered there, but their families and servants as well. The palace that the meeting was to have been held in became the new headquarters of the Helltouched Emissaries, and the Knights of the Raven Order were finally free to go on the conquests that they so desired.

Auguste Guillarde had been reluctant, at best, when he heard the King's orders to make the infernal pact, but when he learned that it was to "save the King," he felt like he had no choice but to comply. He had been raised during the Kingdom's period of wars, and did not wish to see the "peace" disappear so soon - little did he realize that Vandour Focault, his mentor and leader, was really behind the kingdom's turmoil. Auguste made the pact with the demon, and joined the slaughter the noble's meeting; although he carried through his orders, he began to question the validity of the King's authority. Auguste began to spy on the King using his newfound powers, and was shocked to discover that Vandour Focault had been controlling the King through magic since the warring ended. Auguste attempted to explain the truth to the other Knights, but they seemed happy that they would have a chance to fight and cover themselves in blood once again - be it a foe's, or an innocent's.

Auguste soon realized that he would be marked for death for his rebellious outcry, and decided to leave to find a way to expose the traitorous Order, and to atone for his actions. Auguste tried time and time again to sabotage the war efforts of the Raven Knights, but found his magics and his attacks were useless on the other Helltouched - as theirs were on him. He realized that he would not be able to fight fire with fire, and sought a way to cleanse himself of the demon's taint. He travelled the lands and came upon Holy Ground; it was here that he was able to cast off the demon's power, and with the help of those who lived on it, Auguste began the journey of redemption.

Auguste now travels the roads, far from his home Kingdom of Garrote, in order to continue his training so that he may one day come back and overthrow the tyranny that he helped to create...

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 7:33 AM
-->
That's excellent, Jaico. Amazingly enough, my character has a very similar backstory with which I'm almost done and that I will post in a few hours.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Jaico, that's great. After I get some important college-application stuffs done tonight I'll go through the thread and put together some notes on who's got what in the thread (I think everyone has a character sheet, but I'm not sure as backstories go.) I'll compare the backstories, come up with some little story threads I can weave into the campaign, and finally have the rough version of the complete plot done (this will be by Wednesday at the latest: I'm expecting to have it all done tomorrow).

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Sooo, I finally finished that goddamn backstory. No idea why it took so long:

Backstory:
Kirodanus was cursed. There never had been any evidence for such a claim but now, in retrospective, it seems like the only reasonable explanation for what happened to him. He never really believed in curses, unlike his slightly neurotic aunt Palacia who was a firm believer in everything supernatural but only barely had any contact with real magic. Of course he knew that magicians and priests were actually able to curse people but this kind of wise men was rare in Talmonde. Palacia's husband Teriad, who was not only the highest ranking general of Talmonde and a war hero known beyond the borders of the kingdom but also a man who had a dedicated hate towards any kind of magic. For him, a man was worthless if he couldn't wield a sword properly. Someone who has to rely on tricks and words in order to survive was a weakling, clear and simple. This mindset was very widespread in Talmonde and thus only the luckiest survived a journey to the northern kingdom. Kirodanus admired him, unlike his father who was busy with paperwork and talking all the time and unlike his mother, who was bedridden since his birth.
Naturally, Teriad's bad temper and his attitude towards the occult and Palacias naive-esoteric world view clashed often. Kirodanus heard more than once when the two of them had a strife, especially when he caught her with one of her crystal balls or divination cards. One day it was a particularly bad confliction and after a while his uncle Teriad came back alone – and he never saw his aunt again. After that he admired him even more. Of course nobody ever mentioned this incident in his presence and if they had to they told him just some made-up story about his aunt being on a diplomatic mission.
Kirodanus was six at this time. In the following years, Teriad spent much more time with his nephew but he seemed to become paler with every passing day and was nothing but a shadow of his former self.
His uncle taught him the legendary board game Zhabhaa, which has been according to the old tales a gift from the goddess of strategy herself to the first king of Talmonde. It is known that there are only about a dozen of other Zhabhaa games in existence. They all are in the possession of powerful rulers and leaders. It is an excellent tool to learn strategy and tactics and it takes even for gifted people months to learn the rules. Kirodanus was never able to endanger his uncle just once.
There weren't any other children in the castle and besides his uncle he only talked to his personal tutor so he grew up to be a rather melancholic and gloomy child.
In that winter after his twelfth birthday, everything changed. When Kirodanus woke up, the castle was on fire and he was barely able to breathe. His uncle stormed into the room with several bleeding wounds spread over his body. With his dying breath, Teriad told him to flee and gave him a backpack that he prepared for him.
Kirodanus was bale to leave through a secret tunnel before the castle fully collapsed. As he opened the backpack he found not only all kinds of survival gear but also a letter by his uncle. In it Teriad explains that several powerful aristocrats performed a coup to take over the throne of Talmonde and that his parents were murdered and his elder brother, Madanus, is missing. Kirodanus should seek Teriad's mentor who lives in a monastery at the southern border. Additionally he shouldn't reveal his true identity to anyone outside the monastery.
After several week of wandering and starving, he eventually reached the the well hidden cloister of Red Knight where he met Ocyrod, the high priest and Teriad's mentor. Ocyrod was an old man and almost single-handedly responsible that Talmonde is such a powerful nation today. However, he retired after Kirodanus' grandfather and then-king, with whom he fought together, began to throw out other races and magicians out of the kingdom.
Kirodanus begged on his knees so that Ocyrod would teach him everything he knew about battle so that he could take revenge and take back what was once promised to him. He was the righteous heir to the throne of Talmonde! The old priest agreed under the condition that he would become a cleric of Red Knight. The next years he spent his time in meditation and isolation. He learned the hidden mysteries of Red Knight and how to stand his man in a battle. However, he grew increasingly bitter and desperate about his actual powerlessness and his lack of strength. He had not much respect for the life of others and espeically for those who are weak.
When he turned twenty, Ocyrod died of old age. Kirodanus was never able to beat him in Zhabhaa just once.
Short after he left the now forsaken monastery and left Talmonde to seek the power he needs...

And for the domains I chose...

Nobility Domain:
Nobility domain
Deities: Horus-Re, Lathander, Mili, Nobanion, Red Knight, Siamorphe.

Granted Powers: Once per day, you can inspire allies that hear you speak for 1 round. Each such ally gains a +1 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls. Using this spell-like ability is a standard action, and the effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma bonus (minimum 1 round).

Nobility Domain Spells

1 Divine Favor: You gain +1 per three levels on attack and damage rolls.

2 Enthrall: Captivates all within 100 ft. + 10 ft./level.

3 Magic Vestment: Armor or shield gains +1 enhancement per four levels.

4 Discern Lies: Reveals deliberate falsehoods.

5 Command, Greater: As command, but affects one subject/level.

6 Geas/Quest: As lesser geas, plus it affects any creature.

7 Repulsion: Creatures can't approach you.

8 Demand: As sending, plus you can send suggestion.

9 Storm of Vengeance: Storm rains acid, lightning, and hail.

Source: Player's Guide to Faerûn

Planning Domain:
Planning domain
Deities: Gond, Helm, Ilneval, Red Knight, Siamorphe, Ubtao.

Granted Powers: You gain Extend Spell as a bonus feat.

Planning Domain Spells

1 Deathwatch: Reveals how near death subjects within 30 ft. are.

2 Augury[M, F]: You learn whether an action will be good or bad.

3 Clairaudience/Clairvoyance: You can hear or see at a distance for 1 min./level.

4 Imbue with Spell Ability: Transfers spells to subject.

5 Detect Scrying: Alerts you to magical eavesdropping.

6 Heroes' Feast: Food for one creature/level cures and grants combat bonuses.

7 Scrying, Greater: As scrying, but faster and longer.

8 Discern Location: Reveals exact location of creature or object.

9 Time Stop: You act freely for 1d4+1 rounds.

Source: Player's Guide to Faerûn

Divine Metamagic:
j0k29l.jpg

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
... Here's something I want everyone to do. Summarise your character's motivation/goals in approximately 20 words (i.e. one sentence). I want what is fundamentally driving your characters forward and fuelling their actions. Something like the last line of Auguste's backstory: "Auguste now travels the roads, far from his home Kingdom of Garrote, in order to continue his training so that he may one day come back and overthrow the tyranny that he helped to create..." Tell me what they want and why they want it.

gepcy loc

Local time
-->

Lundi is off to prove her skills to Master Fumo and to bring back honer to her clan and she hopes to return and seek revenge on whoever framed her father, hopfuly earning her fox fire name at the same time.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Kirodanus tries to gain more power and allies to take back the throne of Talmonde and to punish the conspirators.

By the way, Sagewolf, that brother of Kirodanus that I briefly mentioned, he is supposed to be about ten years older than Kirodanus but except from that you can do whatever you want with him.
Also, Kirodanus knows virtually nothing about what happened in Talmonde in the last years so you have free hand there too.
Additionally, he uses not his full name as he is afraid that the usurper(s) could notice that he is still alive. He travels under the name Kiro Mélta.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Thanks! This is really just to see what will spur the characters on and inspire more dramatic and eventful role-playing. (Thanks for the info, Anthile: I'll make good use of all of that.)

logicsniper

Redshirt
Local time
-->
... Here's something I want everyone to do. Summarise your character's motivation/goals in approximately 20 words (i.e. one sentence). I want what is fundamentally driving your characters forward and fuelling their actions. Something like the last line of Auguste's backstory: "Auguste now travels the roads, far from his home Kingdom of Garrote, in order to continue his training so that he may one day come back and overthrow the tyranny that he helped to create..." Tell me what they want and why they want it.

Iuliana has spent her adult years wandering as a nomad, with her wolf companion Shala, going where her druidic training ...and her spirit of adventure ... take her. Though she has vowed to one day reek vengence on those respondsible for her parents deaths, and the destruction of her heritage.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
...Okay, it's been a week. Tomorrow, we shall continue with party-building exercises, regardless of what anyone does or does not have done. :borg:

gepcy loc

Local time
-->
When tomorrow?

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
It'll just be me posting a couple of questions you can answer in your own time (within reason). We could probably start playing... this weekend? How are everyone's schedules?

I had the greatest idea for a trap today at work. Then someone started aking me if I could do something or other and I forgot what it was. Boo. *cries*

gepcy loc

Local time
-->
The weekend + Friday and Monday are good for me especially during the night time. Mornings, not so much.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
^Ha, I'm good for nothing in the mornings, unless I didn't sleep at all the night before. :D (I'll post that stuff when I get home from work.)

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
(Note: this is a new post because I want anyone who's waiting for these question-things to know there's a new post in here. Just editing the post above wouldn't do that. I do know about the edit button.)

First task: establish an existing positive relationship with another character in the party. Everyone should both establish one of their own and confirm or deny any which involve their characters. (Denial will involve more work then confirmation, as you'll either have to figure out some way to implement it or come up with something different. The relationship can be as casual or as significant as you like, from a mercenary alliance to a years-long bond. The feeling or perceptions of one player do not necessarily need to be reciprocated: one character, for instance, could feel a great loyalty to another which the second does not experience.

Second task: establish an existing negative relationship with another player. See above.

Deciding how you all met immediately prior to our story's opening is a round robin! Everyone gets their turn when they answer the questions. First sentence:

Local rumors had purported there was a shrine to Bahamut, long haunted and tainted by the undead, hidden in the cliffs south of town.

gepcy loc

Local time
-->
Im confused did we decide to do this somewhere on this fourm or are we doing it on mIRC?

gepcy loc

Local time
-->
Lundi's clan would have trades a grate deal with the elves so i can see her and Luliana having a good relationship with each other as for a bad relationship who ever is the most full of him/her self Lundi is a Kitsune so she loves piking on the high n' mighty like she did her brother..... don't no for sure who fits that yet though.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
...That 'd probably be Kirodanus, but I'll let Anthile confirm.

Jaico

(mono no aware)
Local time
-->
Er, how long should each section of the round robin be?

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
'Bout a sentence or so; within reason, I'll leave it to your judgement, just don't go rambling on and on and on to the extent that you're writing the whole thing yourself. Oh yeah, gepcy, you didn't do that. :p

Irishpenguin

Local time
-->
I have never played D&D but this seems really cool and I'm up for it. Since I have no idea how to play and am kind of late to the party, I wouldn't mind at all waiting awhile or until another campaign starts up in order to play.

And just asking for a tip. Should I just read this http://www.d20srd.org/ in order to learn how to play or is there something more and/or better to read?

All I do is go to high school and occasionally go to the movies with friends, so my schedule is pretty flexible.

...I'm not trying to impose, I just figured I might as well put myself out there.

sorry I don't know anything about this stuff

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
I am going to have to drop out of this campaign, I'm on my last semester of college and it is going to be brutal. Sorry guys, but if we start another campaign sometime, I'd be happy to join and use my character for that one.

Jaico

(mono no aware)
Local time
-->
Reading the basics on the SRD is always a good idea, Irishpenguin - but I'm sure that you can pick up a lot of stuff as we go along, anyhow.

Alright, here's to continuing the story:

The villagers had always avoided that area; the winds had always sounded like the wail of a banshee, and the air carried a foul scent. None who wished to live a long life would venture near the shrine...

gepcy loc

Local time
-->

And though it was day the sky always seemed gray and ominous. Gray was the ruble that litered the grounds where the corpse of what is left of the shrine. Where one could have seen precocious metals and gems can now only see vacant holes and cracks......

@sagewolf: oh, oops, sorry Iv never did this online before

gepcy loc

Local time
-->
*preshus

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Write, people, write! Here, I'll do a sentence...

Each of the fortune-seekers heard the others' footsteps echoing through the disused, weed-grown halls as an invader's through a well-protected fortress; they banded together, not caring who they stood next to or whence they came, only that they were flesh and blood, real and palpable, foil to the nameless dread creeping through their hearts.

(Purple because it... well, it is. :auburn:)

gepcy loc

Local time
-->
Lundi was far from home. Every one she new was strange to her. All humans always looked alike to her. She decided to step out of the shadows and great the fellow adventure. She sneaked up behind grabbing the nearest fallen tree branch that looked like big clawed hand and attempted to spook the lone traveler from behind. Lundi couldn't help it its been such a long time since she triked some one nore could she remember the last time she laughed.

Move silently:
Roll(1d20)+7:
11,+7
Total:18

Intimidate:
Roll(1d20)+2:
15,+2
Total:17

she planed on putting the freaky claw looking branch over the man's shoulder.

Top Bottom