• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Moved: Attractiveness ratting system effects on self-esteem

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 9:12 AM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
Re: Attractiveness ratting system effects on self-esteem

Ogh gawd what is happening here, left some weeks to live a social normal life sucking boobs and when I return you are already doing it digitally

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:12 PM
-->

Cheese

You seem to be thinking along the same lines as I was - which is comforting because I thought I was going crazy :x

But let me get this straight. Are you saying the scale is actually objective (but gives the appearance of subjectivity), or actually subjective (but gives the appearance of objectivity)?

I was thinking,
IF the scale were truly objective, that would not feel as bad. I would think "Well, I do agree that she objectively is more perfect looking than me, but who cares, as long as my bf subjectively is more attracted to me." (It is inflexible, but irrelevant, because only subjective attraction truly matters.)
IF the scale were truly subjective, that would feel better. I would think "Well, if he rates her higher, meaning he is subjectively attracted to her more, who cares, as long as I find someone else who finds me the most attractive." (It is flexible, but manageable because of its flexible nature).

So ..... maybe the reason the scale is causing a problem is because rather than being one or the other, it appears to be both?

What do you think?

I think the scale is *used* both ways, in that most people will not be able to separate subjective attractiveness (what I called 'appeal') from more universal (objective) standards of aesthetic beauty.

So you might have two guys rate the same group of 100 women somewhat differently because of differences in subjective appeal (though general aesthetic standards would mean there'd be a fair amount of overlap in their ratings). And aside from that, tastes can diverge from the norm much more substantially depending on the person.

To work out whether this is a problem for you, you should ask your boyfriend exactly how he's using this scale. Is he rating based only what he finds personally appealing? Or is he including the opinions of other guys?

Bottom line though, you could definitely be valued more than whatever this rating is, because a big part of appeal *is* subjective. I'd stop worrying about it if I were you. There's no way this scale is completely universal. All you have to do is find two guys who disagree on the rating of the same girl and you have your 'proof'. People's personal preferences are different. There are general trends in what people find attractive, which is what some other posters have been saying, but there's definitely wiggle room.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->

Walkyria post a picture of yourself so we can rate you plz

paradoxparadigm7

Local time
Today 4:12 AM
-->

I don't have studies to back this up but my observations on the attractiveness quality is that the majority of couples pair up with similarly attractive/unattractive people. You can quantify beauty to some extent, symmetry and the like, but that only seems to be relevant in beauty pageants or the modeling field or in studies but not in real life.

I'm going on a tangent but that seems to be the case for much of this thread. What is more important in mates/partners is the level of differentiation, not attractiveness although I don't want to downplay beauty as it is an important factor in mate selection. We emerge from our family of origin at about the highest level of differentiation our parents achieved. It's established by adolescence and can remain at that level for life. We always pick a partner who is at the same level of differentiation as we are. This makes for ideal sparing partners. The sparing and struggles will eventually lead to some crisis/huge pressures within a relationship which sets the stage for an opportunity to raise your level of differentiation.

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
Today 5:12 AM
-->

I could totally do that! Both male and female, don't tempt me...

Less talk and more do!
I wanna see that chart scoring men and women now! :v

meanwahile....
These are 10s for me :3

gerard_way2.jpg

emily_browning.jpg

*runs away giggling*

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->

Walkyria post a picture of yourself so we can rate you plz
As an INTP, I must maintain detachment, objectivity and anonimity. I would have posted if I was a happy go lucky SF, but I'm unfortunately not.
Yet, because you are being a nice girl, I'll give you a description of how I look...
I already said I was an 8-9 based on the ease with wich I got women/the comments and positive female and male feedbacks/ also being a former model and athlete. I'm generally tall, dark, proud, sometimes broody, lean and sexy most of times, also I have an excellent sense of style... I guess I come out more as a gay ISTP or gay INTJ more than a dorky INTP(more when I'm drunk).

But anyway, having an excessive positive attribute has always been a negative(looks, smarts, money, INTP ness..Etc) if not managed well or counterbalanced correctly. That's a general law of human societies. And therefore being a handsome man is more of a burden than anything else since men and women react differently to you( I guess it's even more pronounced for the few hot women)... atleast beyond the age of 20-22.( partly because women realize goodlooking men tend to devaluate the best currency they have to offer(sex,love,..etc) ...and therefore they act as spoiled lil brats.).

Back on the subject, there were many scales and rating systems proposed by the manosphere/redpill community it seems:
- Binary scale: on/off; attractive/non attractive; 0-1
- Normal distribution( which I believe physical beauty follows) with around 70% being average.
- A,B,C,D,E,F
- 1 to 5
- 0 to 10
-..etc

There is no clear consensus but I guess the popularization of "the scale" is an indicator of the state of our materialitic (and science prone) society... more money, better looks, prestigious jobs, bigger house, faster cars.
I also believe that the scale has always been part of society's mind( conscious or unconsious) , only it was not a serious thing back then(only assumptions)... I'm sure men always gave more value to the more beautiful women.
To be frank, I never use "the scale" as a metric of beauty in everyday life of course... A wife is not a beauty pageant contestant afterall. Am I right? But what's the point of being with a wife that's barely a 4 or a 5 when yourself you'r a 8 or 9? As an INTP and having an hypertrophic sense of justice, I just can't simply accept that as a normal thing although I see it many times around me... Also, this injustice is one of the argument of manosphere and MGTOW people: most women are becoming prone to princess-mentality and self-entitlement(while per definition, there are only few princesses per land). All this enhaced by the rise of feminazies.

:kodama1:

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
-->

Did you just mention MGTOW?

happy-meme_00278742.jpg

Seriously though.
I think that this ´scale´ thing is a pretty normal phenomena of the masculine side. Correlates with the obssesive structure in psychoanalysis, where the individual is impelled to measure and own everything he/she desires. Objectification is also a feature of this structure, they concieve the beloved object as a thing ....sort of.

http://www.lacanonline.com/index/20...dividual-myth-lacans-masterwork-on-obsession/

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->

As an INTP, I must maintain detachment, objectivity and anonimity. I would have posted if I was a happy go lucky SF, but I'm unfortunately not.
Yet, because you are being a nice girl, I'll give you a description of how I look...
I already said I was an 8-9 based on the ease with wich I got women/the comments and positive female and male feedbacks/ also being a former model and athlete. I'm generally tall, dark, proud, sometimes broody, lean and sexy most of times, also I have an excellent sense of style... I guess I come out more as a gay ISTP or gay INTJ more than a dorky INTP(more when I'm drunk).

:kodama1:

man i'm already jerking off to your description please give us more to keep feeding our imagination

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->

i like these kind of fragile looking people:

JV69kLk.jpg

the one with dyed hair

akira_002.jpg

i would give them 10/10

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
Today 10:12 AM
-->

I have no paramount privacy/anonymity connotations. Rate me and make it honest(I am kinda curious).

[bimgx=500]http://i.imgur.com/UCZidQE.jpg[/bimgx]

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:12 PM
-->

I'm going on a tangent but that seems to be the case for much of this thread. What is more important in mates/partners is the level of differentiation, not attractiveness although I don't want to downplay beauty as it is an important factor in mate selection. We emerge from our family of origin at about the highest level of differentiation our parents achieved. It's established by adolescence and can remain at that level for life. We always pick a partner who is at the same level of differentiation as we are. This makes for ideal sparing partners. The sparing and struggles will eventually lead to some crisis/huge pressures within a relationship which sets the stage for an opportunity to raise your level of differentiation.

Could you expand on this? What do you mean by differentiation?

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

Ogh gawd what is happening here, left some weeks to live a social normal life sucking boobs and when I return you are already doing it digitally

Anything you can do we can do betterrrr (8)

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

I have no paramount privacy/anonymity connotations. Rate me and make it honest(I am kinda curious).

[bimgx=500]http://i.imgur.com/UCZidQE.jpg[/bimgx]

By the standards of my God you are a 10 :D

By my, less tastefull tastes you are a 6ish :)

I like tats and muscles because apparently I'm very shallow xD

Local time
-->

WALKYRIA bitch m8 post a fucking pick u could be a lake monster with otter claws for all i know

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

WALKYRIA bitch m8 post a fucking pick u could be a lake monster with otter claws for all i know

Haha this ^^^

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

The way you look makes perfect sense, almost recognizable just from your posts.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

The way you look makes perfect sense, almost recognizable just from your posts.

You sound just like ManBeyond.. I don't know why but I envision you as a skinny white dude with an afro and acne haha.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->

You sound just like ManBeyond.. I don't know why but I envision you as a skinny white dude with an afro and acne haha.

lol i don't look like that at all, check my profile u loon (fish eating bird)

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

lol i don't look like that at all, check my profile u loon

I was referring to Bronto :p

As a side note, you have an uncanny resemblance to an old boyfriend of mine.

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
-->

YEIIIII
everybody post your pics! so we can start a scoring orgy! :pistols:

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

YEIIIII
everybody post your pics! so can start a scoring orgy! :pistols:

Lead the way...

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Worst. First. Blind Date. Evah.

lake-placid.jpg

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->

By the standards of my God you are a 10 :D

So errm... who would this "God" be?

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->

Man beyond, are you gay? If not I guess you are bisexual? Otherwise I don't get why you love a blonde japaner dude... or is she just a male-looking girl? MMh

ANd emma-boobies, the reflection of your mental universe looks sexy... SO I must assume you are sexy? Am I right? Or not... INTP girls tend to be sexy even when they score a 2-3 on the scale.. that's an incredible phenomenon.

Honestly? Like really?Well, You look like the average dude (thus 4-6)... but who has the potential to become a sexy mofo in his 40-59 due to money possession and a prestigious job.( since you are tall, I could see you being a manager.).
What is sure is that you atleast look sympathetic and nice and that's the most important on the long term... all about long term m8 !
:evil:

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
-->

Score this WALKYRIA!
Show the picture :beatyou:

[so fun :D]

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->

Uggh, nope, not becoming a manager if I can help it. Dealing with people is annoying.

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
-->

Can we pleeeease strart the scoring orgy?
I´d like to see how the rest of you look like :cat:

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->

Can we pleeeease strart the scoring orgy?
I´d like to see how the rest of you look like :cat:

9 The shy/awkward smile just makes the picture. I also like how real rather then photogenically fake like some of the other 10s/9s(not for me)I saw WALKYRIA show.
Prejudices from looking at the picture
*not shallow
*probably not conformist but not certain
*slightly laid back

idk it just doesn't feel like a 10 I can't really pinpoint it but it's not ideal enough for me to score that.

Gaaah this scoring business is hard... I am glad that I avoid it.

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->

Wow BOOBY-EMMA, how old are you? 14? You sound much more older though...
You look so young and I usually have an aversion towards the young BUT...I'll give you my benediction though... I'll rate you as a serious 7 to possible 8 with a bit of time( by age 18-20) and sophistication. Keep the talents up.

ANd NO, you won't see my holy face boobymamma, NEVER... unless you jump the atlantic and join me in France. I propose that you join once you hit 18 perhaps. :D
Deal?

Uggh, nope, not becoming a manager if I can help it. Dealing with people is annoying.
MMhh, you don't know what you'r missing young boy... An INTP who has mastered the art of "people management" is one of a kind. Believe me. I think that paradoxproxima was talking about " differentiation" above, well... A socially smart and boss INTP is one example of differentiation. And it's very sexy ya know.
:storks:

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->

Wow BOOBY-EMMA, how old are you? 14? You sound much more older though...
You look so young and I usually have an aversion towards the young BUT...I'll give you my benediction though... I'll rate you as a serious 7 to possible 8 with a bit of time( by age 18-20) and sophistication. Keep the talents up.

ANd NO, you won't see my holy face boobymamma, NEVER... unless you jump the atlantic and join me in France. I propose that you join once you hit 18 perhaps. :D
Deal?

I would be seriously impressed if she was a practising(or even studying) therapist at 14. That said I don't understand why you should allow age to affect how attractive you think someone is. If 2 people 14 and 20 stood side by side and looked the same wouldn't they be equally attractive even knowing their age?

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->

I will only rate or put myself up for rating in an official INTPf rating thread.

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->

That said I don't understand why you should allow age to affect how attractive you think someone is

Most men love younger woman, it's a fact... Me I was different for my whole life, convinced that older women had secret knowledge to teach me. ^^
I guess until 23 I had dated mainly older girls, rejected several younger girls based on their age etc... Retrospectively I'm amazed by the silliness of such act( " sorry, you'r too young for me..."). I was completely oblivious to the normalcy of "man slightly older" concept. I deeply believed that there would be too much intellectual distance between her and me if she was too young( also because I was deply misunderstood in my youth)... This behavior fastly inversed though when I realized that people don't get any smarter after 20 years. HIHI, now I'm 26 and I feel like 22-24 is the best age to date.(But most people also think so, so loads of competition lol...)

ANd to answer your question, two people 14 and 20 rarely look the same IMO, there are cues... ANd the 14 might look attractive untill she got animated( spoke, moved,..Etc) lol. Personnaly I never dated or connected with anyone under 17.( I started dating by 18, thus late and my first girlfriend was 5 years older lol... I wanted to learn life, and I learned a lot lol...)

Don't you care about age?

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
-->

As I said before
SCORE THIS WALKYRIA!

I don't trust your taste, so thanks for trying.
Also you should stop giving nicknames to everything you can't spell, it's disgusting.

Thank you Steleechete, you made my day :)

But I'm still waiting for the rest of you, so show yourselves! :v

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->

Don't you care about age?

I care about a certain level of maturity(mental), age is irrelevant disregarding correlated physical features(emma could be 40 or 10 and the picture is still a 9). Primarily I care about the personality of the person, that is more important than anything else.

But then again I am 20 and have never dated anyone.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

@ th

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->

Actually, no problem. Here is to all return of King / game douchebags, rate my digitus impudicus

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->

But then again I am 20 and have never dated anyone.
I guess it's normal for INTPs, I was virgin till 23 lol... and it could have lasted much more longer If it wasnt because sexually aggressive and liberated girls...
:confused:

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->

Actually, no problem. Here is to all return of King / game douchebags, rate my digitus impudicus
7 if female 6 if male

btw are you male or female?
I honestly can't tell :facepalm:

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->

Neither :phear:

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->

Hey bronto, is it me or you look like the joker actor?
2100691582_joseph_gordon_levitt_is_look_like_heath_ledger.jpg

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
-->

More! More!
Muahahahahahaha

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

...But then again I am 20 and have never dated anyone.

btw are you male or female?
I honestly can't tell :facepalm:

I think there could be a connection? :confused:

.... great dedo medio btw. ;) Slender, confident, casually assertive. I give that digit a 9.5.

wqDbZqz.jpg

Hilarious deer-in-the-headlights look, taken two minutes ago...wtf?

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->

I think there could be a connection? :confused:
hmmm... well unless the dating forced me to learn the subtle body features which differentiate males and females when they are border case scenarios, no, probably not.

I'd put more stock into my lack of human contact in general instead.

Thing is I have seen both females and males look very similar to Higs pic.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

emmabobary, how old are you really?
I have slight trouble visualising a 14-16 year old girl reading Marquis de Sade works.

I'm not sure but posting pictures in this thread seems like an ideal entrapment in the premise that you seem to have tried to ridicule, but well, it's always nice to get to see the kawaii Bronto and Higs pics so no complains.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->

My guess is 22

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->

You look extremely Belgian

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Thing is I have seen both females and males look very similar to Higs pic.

I'm mostly teasing you, yes there's an androgyny there.

But overall female bone structure and clothing cut, for someone of non-Asian descent.

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->

I have slight trouble visualising a 14-16 year old girl reading Marquis de Sade works.
Why not? I always believed emmaboobies to be very talented and full of potential. She's an INTP afterall... and INTPs tend to be innate sadists anyway. :)

Top Bottom