• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP humor

grey matters

The Old Grey Silly One
Local time
Today 6:48 AM
-->
Shaunjvallejo and figaro-black, that was hilarious...my kind of humor also. And yes, it sometimes gets me in trouble also.

Perseus, I am very sarcastic and I am no INTJ. Whats wrong with sarcasm? I love it.

British humor is great. Has anyone heard of the Black Adder series? You will laugh your ass off.

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
Today 11:48 AM
-->
I got yelled at the other day because of my sense of humor.
My little sister was all upset, and said you me something along the lines of me not liking her, and I (without thinking) replied, "It's not that I don't like you, I just don't like people in general."
She started crying. I don't think it was the best thing I could have said....

Edit: We watch blackadder in history sometimes. 'tis funny, but so are all of our history lessons. We got told to punch each other when we were learning about world war two. Unfortunately, I was Serbia =(

Chronomar

NOPE
Local time
-->
One time on my facebook (which I made once and now rarely look at...) I put on for a favorite quote the following,

"Because every second we're living we are moving closer to death, living is just being in a constant state of dieing."

For some reason, all of the people from my school who saw that thought I had a morbid type of humor. None of them are INTP, or anything close.

Chronomar

NOPE
Local time
-->
I showed my family (INTJ ISFP ESFP) this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIlKiRPSNGA) and they did not laugh a single time. I. on the other hand, was literally rolling on the floor and crying the entire time from laughter. After watching it upwards of 20 times, it still makes me laugh endlessly.

I also showed them more Monty Python videos, and they didn't laugh at all :(

:( :( :(
Similar experience: one day my engineering class teacher didn't come, and he left 2 choices of movies for us to watch: either Monty Pyton and the Holy Grail (:D) , or some football movie I hated (:(). Guess which one got picked...and I'm in an engineering class, people, you'd think there would be many INTPs in there, but, no, many are idiots who think their taking a woodshop class with a teacher who will just give them an A. Furthermore, when I expressed my love of the Monty Python humor, the only two semi-friends I had in the class (the only other girls as well), told me that Monty Python was just stupid, etc...and somewhat have been shunning me.

Shun the intp!...Shunnnnnn!

csuguy

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:48 AM
-->
I never cared for Monty Python too much... it's got some funny stuff - like the Black Knight :D - but it's not something I like to watch too frequently. It's great for quotes though. "We are the knights who say 'NI!'"

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
I only got into the Holy Grail.

@ science lady, How dare they not laugh at that video and Monty Python? I just saw it, and it was hilarious! I seriously don't see how people can enjoy life without that sort of random, nonsensical humor.

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
Today 12:48 PM
-->
I didn't find that particular Monty Python video that funny but many others are great.

I can totally laugh my ass off about stupid people having accidents. here my 2 favorites:
YouTube- Ski accident
YouTube- Super Athlete Just look at how his face slams into the table!! :D:D:D:D

I sometimes do or say something and the people around me are laughing like hell and I'm just like:"What's so funny?"

Also see my signature.

Sapphire Harp

Local time
Today 5:48 AM
-->
I mainly like political satire, which many german comedians show (not all, of course).

My favorite stand-up comic is (and might always be) Bill Hicks for his black, scathing jokes about what America is really like. I've heard people admire him because he jokes with dead serious honesty about the world as he sees it... Unfortunately he died in 1994, but his routines are still pretty relevant.

I quoted you, Ogion, because I think you might find him kinda interesting. Here's a quick little sample on youtube. A bit about aliens and rednecks... Satire of all America.

aahzombies

Local time
Today 7:48 AM
-->
Neither do I. There are skits of theirs, and most Holy Grail, I can quote verbatim. Humour is subjective, I suppose.
Love Black Adder:D, though I prefer the first and second slightly over the third.
I thoroughly enjoy British comedy shows, such as Fawlty Towers, Yes, Minister, Vicar of Dibley, Red Dwarf, Keeping Up Appearances, and Are You Being Served?, over some of the American sitcoms.
Many American sitcoms were based on British shows. All In The Family was based on Till Death Do Us Part and Cosby was taken from One Foot In The Grave.

I actually have a cool story regarding Fawlty Towers.

Alright, so I have family in London because my dad is originally from there. So my Godparents live there and have all their lives. So one time, it must have been 1974 or so, they go into a cafe near their house that the frequented. Well, there are no empty tables, but there is a very large table occupied by only one man and his many papers which he has spread out upon it. So they walk over to the man (who was looking down at his papers so they couldn't see his face) and ask him if they could join him. He looks up and it's John Cleese! :eek: The papers he had spread out were his rough drafts for the pilot of Fawlty Towers! He says they may absolutely join them and proceeds to read them bits and pieces from the scripts asking them for their opinions and judging their reactions to his jokes. :D

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
-->
There was this guy with a couple of friends from university in the train today and he told this imo hilarious story: He was driving with some friends back home from a real life meeting of an online game (probably WoW) and using the car of someone's sister. Everything OK, except the fluid for cleaning the windshield was empty. This would normally cause no problem, only it had snowed, and somehow there was a film of muck on the windshield, so that while they had to drive 25 km head on into the morning sun you could see nothing. So what they did: One put his head out the left window, another out the right window and always told the driver if he was getting too close to one side. This resulted of course into not the straightest driving there could have been.

Weird. While I think back on the story I don't laugh at all.

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
-->
Sounds funny. Did they hit anyone?

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
-->
Ah, now I'm laughing.
No, the highway was pretty empty. They're very happy no police was near. ;)

Spacedoubt

Redshirt
Local time
-->
My family memeber s get my jokes, but the public? Only rarely. I feel like I'm talking to people that aren't all there.

Recently, we went to the dentist for the thrid day in a row. My kids and I had all had appointments. So, on the third day, the dentist's assistant says to us, "Everyone from your house is coming to the dentist." So I said, "Yeah, tomorrow I'll bring my chihuahua in."

Looking at me as if I were terribly, terribly stupid, she said to me, "Oh no, we only treat people here. You can't bring you dog."

The problem is, she wasn't joking, and it didn't help when I explained that I was. Same planet, different worlds.

lupejones

Redshirt
Local time
-->
^ LOL amazing that she actually has a job.

I'm sad I read all of the post up to this point. One because I've now stopped laughing and two because I realize I spend a lot of time laughing to myself in front of a monitor.

My humor is understood only by those around me and I think it's party due to the fact that I've conditioned them to it. Girls are mainly the ones who tell me to grow up but pompous males closely trail them.

I like drawing because I have the skills of a four year old with broken fingers. I drew a rather large duck (which was quite good since I've been practicing) and on its back, I drew a person a fiftieth of the size with an empty bow. The arrow was in the side of the duck with a minuscule trail of blood coming down like a quarter of an inch.

My sister told me I was crazy while I couldn't help but laugh. It does suck when I can't laugh with someone though.

Local time
-->
The INTPs I've known have had a sardonic, dark humor.

chocolate

Local time
-->
INTP humour is sick. So sick. I mean, look at all the disgusting stuff this chocky idiot posts. Um yeah.

@spacedoubt: Yeah I get into those situations too. I say things with a straight face that (I think) are clearly jokes. People I know well get it.

Elkrim

Local time
-->
I feel I should mention the video game I created in my second term of programming, entitled "Shank the Innocents". The goal was to collect organs by killing random passerby ("organsacks"), grabbing what you could, and burning the body before the cops ("pigs") showed up. And you could kill dogs ("meatsacks") to practice and unlock new weapons. All illustrated in a cute and childish pastel-colored style, of course.

Oh, it was such great fun to make.

Local time
-->
I went over to my friends house the other day, and found out that his little sisters bike had been stolen. So I said to the 12 year old, hey Natalie wanna go for bike ride? True story.

There's a girl in my theatre class who's name is Kelaysha. I asked her if I could call her Lakesha if I'm being dyslexic about it. She said "NO, my names Kelaysha!" She was a little bit peeved about it, and while I tried to explain to her what dyslexia means, it didn't work and ended up turning into a very awkward moment.

Another day in my class the teacher was admonishing those who arrive late to class (myself being one of them). She started to say "You people need to..." and I interrupted her by saying "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU PEOPLE?". I'm one of the few white students in that majority black class. I thought it was hilarious.

My humor was once described to me by an ENTP friend of mine as being very "deadpan". It's often delivered as though it isn't a joke, or it flies over some peoples heads

Local time
-->
I've sworn by condoms as a method of birth control but every once in awhile a woman will say something like "what if the condom breaks" or "condoms aren't 100%". My response (when I can't control myself) is to say that you "can always resort to the "Stair Method" of birth control, where you just throw the pregnant chick down a flight of stairs. Punching and kicking her hard enough in the stomach also works."

This one always goes over great with women!

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:48 PM
-->
paradox:
Bike story - harsh. :D

My humor was once described to me by an ENTP friend of mine as being very "deadpan". It's often delivered as though it isn't a joke, or it flies over some peoples heads
Yeah. No one's actually said this to me though because no one realises when I'm joking.

I find that modulating my voice more, making it more animated, helps provide clues to other people. It's basically just improved delivery. My ENTJ father is very good at deadpan that is obviously deadpan, which is different to the INTP's merely dead deadpan.

dwags222

Local time
Today 5:48 AM
-->
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU PEOPLE?".

haha, this is great.

you guys ever hear of demetri martin? he is my favorite comedian, and i don't really get into stand up. unfortunately his longer videos were removed from youtube, and it isn't as funny when it is broken up into little segments, but here are some links.

ok this is just audio but it is pretty good . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiFrfeJ8dKM

Red Mage

Local time
-->
I think the only time I have really, at least almost, gotten into real trouble in high school was for my sarcastic humor that showed up. I am too ashamed to even talk about it over the net, but let's just say I didn't mean any harm and thus owned up to my mistake right away and all ended with me writing a long-winded apology letter with $15 bucks from my pocket to remove any hard feelings. Sometimes overly sensitive people really piss me off.

The only time I have gotten in trouble in high school was over a stupid joke. It was English class my senior year and we were supposed to answer some stupid question, given by the teacher, in our journals every day. One day we had a sweet substitute and the question of the day was "If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?" Obviously it meant personality-wise (ONE thing? HAH), so being myself I naturally wrote, "If I could change one thing about myself, I'd make my johnson bigger." I even read it to the substitute just to make sure it's not "sexual harassment" and he said, "Well, that's what the question asked and you're being honest" (I also got a few laughs, actually).

Next week I get called to the vice principal's office and he's pissed. He's shocked that I have no clue why I'm there. He explains that my teacher, who is female and from Brazil and sucks at english yet gets to teach it, was offended. I get suspended for one day. It's cool, this was just before spring break so basically I got a one day extension. Fortunately, one of my uncles was living with us at the time and he got the call from the school about it and they assumed he was my dad. I get home and he starts laughing his ass off at me. My mom still doesn't know (and never will -- well maybe I'll tell her on her death bed for shits and giggles).

By the way, I later found out that my brazilian english teacher had no clue what a "johnson" was and had to ask her department head what it meant. The department head was this old bitch who had a doctorate and required everyone to call her doctor, even going so far as to forcefully and bitchfully correct them if they say "Mrs." Of course, being the bitch she is, told my teacher that she HAD to report it "by law," even though she didn't give two shits.

Anyway, I didn't have to write any apology or give anyone money, but it still sucked.

Sugarpop

accepts advice on his English
Local time
-->
Umm... Miss..? Pardon me - this is a little awkward - but... Your epidermis is showing...

Local time
-->
PLAGIARISM! unless she happens to possess a rather large hat you are stealing from yellow people.

Sugarpop

accepts advice on his English
Local time
-->
PENIS!

hehehehe eheheheh ehehe!

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
haha, this is great.

you guys ever hear of demetri martin? he is my favorite comedian, and i don't really get into stand up. unfortunately his longer videos were removed from youtube, and it isn't as funny when it is broken up into little segments, but here are some links.

ok this is just audio but it is pretty good . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiFrfeJ8dKM

That was fantastic! Guitar with comedy is surprisingly awesome, it gives like... audio clues as to what's the joke.

Local time
-->
Not exactly on topic, but another acronym for the depressed INTP's out there:

Intensely Negative Thought Process

Thaklaar

Local time
-->
My humor can be a little sarcastic and rough, but I've learned to not expose that side of me unless I know the other person's thick-skinned enough to take it. Another side of my sense of humor is a delight with seemingly random juxtapositions connected by wordplay and references that most normal people would be unfamiliar with. So I'm left with people thinking I'm weird for laughing at something they don't understand, or thinking I'm crazy for laughing at random intervals with no explanation. My wife is starting to get used to this after ten years together.

Bluey

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Well sometimes people laugh at me and I don't know why and then I analyze it later and start cracking up hours later... kinda weird but whatever. I look at different points of view and thier perspective and then I get it. Well, bye bye fellow INTPs, computer ban for 2 weeks! bye.

PhillyFanWA

Local time
-->
Yeah... I always thought that I have super bad timing with my humor, but after reading this thread, maybe when I attempt at humor that I'm really trying to humor myself.

With me it's not only jokes it's also topics of conversation and comments. I tend to talk about what ever pops into my mind, and some times these things really hurt others or at least makes them think I'm weird. :(

Atriamax

Local time
-->
for me its all about Black humor(No, not the race), sex jokes, and Clichés. I love seeing parodies and stereotypes, as well as making those jokes. Also, much of my humor involves me acting like a year old. (with only my closest friends of course)

rosentone

Local time
-->
I made a joke to one of my friends and they freakeed out, thinking I was serious.

Me: So, when do you wanna disect your brother?
her: EH?? WHAT?!
Me. Well, aren't you curious about how he works?
Her: No! Gross, that's horrible!
Me: It was just an idea...

Last edited:
Local time
-->
Dissect not just 1 's' (haha, take That INTJ!)

rosentone

Local time
-->
I was actually worried about that. During my internal debate, I rationalized that it could be one 's' because of what I was taught in elementary. Something to the effect of "a vowel only says its name when next to an 'e' or separated from the 'e' by one consanant." I'm thinking as in "ate," "died" or "ride." Darn the English language. Even its own rules don't apply! Grammar and spelling are fickle, it seems.

Feel free to further humiliate me by pointing out other errors. I'll be thinking, "Aw, screw it. I'm tired and have other things to worry about."

Local time
-->
I was actually worried about that. During my internal debate, I rationalized that it could be one 's' because of what I was taught in elementary. Something to the effect of "a vowel only says its name when next to an 'e' or separated from the 'e' by one consanant." I'm thinking as in "ate," "died" or "ride." Darn the English language. Even its own rules don't apply! Grammar and spelling are fickle, it seems.

Feel free to further humiliate me by pointing out other errors. I'll be thinking, "Aw, screw it. I'm tired and have other things to worry about."

Take Anything a Teacher Says with a Pinch of Salt. (or google it, pretty simple)

Any Slight Victory in Support of INTP Superiority, out Battle with INTJs is one worth celebration :D

rosentone

Local time
-->
@ Seducer:
There are enough idiots out there that even the most incorrect answers might show up as correct on google. *ahem* You meant Google, I assume? */smartass*

@ Cognisant:
"You should post more." Eh? Me? or...?

Local time
-->
true rosentone. I don't believe you to be stupid at all, and yes it is a noun so......1-1?
(i consider yours more severe...)
sorry anyway, just been looking at a thread about whether INTPs or INTJs are smarter, and then....

hey WAIT!

"@ Seducer:
There are enough idiots out there that even the most incorrect answers might show up as correct on google. *ahem* You meant Google, I assume? */smartass*"

you did the same thing! Damn You....

2-1

rosentone

Local time
-->
true(,) rosentone. I don't believe you to be stupid at all, and yes it is a noun so......1-1?
(i consider yours more severe...)(.)
sorry anyway, just been looking at a thread about whether INTPs or INTJs are smarter, and then....

hey WAIT!

"@ Seducer:
There are enough idiots out there that even the most incorrect answers might show up as correct on google. *ahem* You meant Google, I assume? */smartass*"

you did the same thing! Damn You....

2-1
You were saying? You're a teacher, right? I hope you don't mean an English teacher.

Also, I left one "Google" uncapitalized.
Trust me, that was done on purpose. I brought your own words against you, red-marking your error! W00t!

Local time
-->
This is the INTERNET. a place indifferent to grammar (the new Net language and on forums sentences spoken as they are to be said out loud.) i will be held not an illiterate for such a thing. but spelling should be maintained, we always speak the correct spelling (even if we don't know it)

rosentone

Local time
-->
*Sigh* You're destroying the English language. I would't be suprised if my exchange student thought your writing was correct. I find it hard tobelieve you're a teacher.

"the new Net lang uage and on forums sentences spoken as they are to be said out loud. "

That's generally how the usual written language operates. People just butcher said language. You have appalling grammar, in my opinion. Take this as you will. Language is important to me.

jiarem

Redshirt
Local time
-->
There are aspects of my humor which might fly over the head of the other(s), but are not offensive (think of xkcd). Then there are aspects which are morbid, sarcastic, and/or generally offensive. I think I outdid myself on a stereotype joke, in which I concluded that Asian females cannot possibly exist.

Artifice Orisit

There are aspects of my humor which might fly over the head of the other(s), but are not offensive (think of xkcd). Then there are aspects which are morbid, sarcastic, and/or generally offensive. I think I outdid myself on a stereotype joke, in which I concluded that Asian females cannot possibly exist.

Well lets hear it. :D

Cobra

Local time
-->
Strangely enough,most of my classmate get my joke,and not usually offended by it.For example,

Me : Who 's your favourite fictional character?
ISFJ friend : Mickey..blah...blah...,what's yours?
Me: God.
ISFJ friend: *Laughs* He's not fictional,he's real.

Wish the same could have been said about my classmates back then.

Years ago, in my junior year of high school, our lit teacher asked us all, as he circled the classroom making obnoxious (not the normal, acceptable kind of) eye contact, he asked us, "If you could have any wish... one wish... what would that wish be?"

I wasn't really paying attention per the yush, but I overheard him confirm to one of my classmates that the wish was being granted by "God Almighty" (he frequently added "Almighty" to the word "God"). I always took him for a religious man (especially after this day). But I never disliked him for that. I had other reasons. Other stories.

So anyway, the wishes people were settling on were the usual. Money, peace, immortality, etc. When he came near me, I looked up at him. We didn't like each other very much, but I was not in the difficult kind of mood that day. I took a deep breath, and, (on this rare occasion) without an ounce of sarcasm or smugness in my voice or intention, I said, "I'd wish for the power of God Almighty."

I thought it was like... a REALLY good answer. I was so wrong.

4 hours later, leaving the dean's office, I had endured an "intervention" from a "help group." My lit teacher, the disciplinary dean, the head dean, a school counselor, two student counselors, and the girl who sat in front of me in the class who happened to be rather offended by what I had said and kept repeating throughout everything that followed, "You just don't say something like that." During the first hour that they allowed her to stay and "help," her "help" basically consisted of repeating the aforementioned.

(Wow. Musta been a catholic school.)
This was a public school of no religious affiliation.
(Then you must live in, like, the south, or something, where religion is a little more of a big deal.)
I live in Chicago.

fml

Kianara

Local time
Today 3:48 PM
-->
XD Epic win Cobra. Epic Win.

One of my NT friends almost had something like that happen to him. We were writing practice essays that were to be graded by another class and he wrote his on how "The Greatest Invention Ever" was the shotgun. He included a paragraph on how the shotgun was the preferred weapon of choice for use in the Zombie invasions we all know are coming.

His own teacher thought it was hilarious (and well written). The teacher whose class was to grade tried to get him sent to the school psychologist. His teacher had to plead with the other one not to have him sent.

We all just laughed about it. I would bet my right arm that the anal teacher was an SJ.

Top Bottom