• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hey Everyone

Zepol

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:30 AM
-->
I am an INTJ that has an INTP son and have come to learn more about you guys.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 12:30 AM
-->
Welcome! Were there any particular behaviors/differences that brought you here?

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 9:30 AM
-->
From the utter darkness of the cave, a pair of eyes appear.
Slowly, they move closer and closer, until a vague figure can be made out.
Suddenly, an intp steps into the dim circle of light cast by Zepol's torch, squinting at the strangeness of this new aspect within it's environment.
Upon seeing Zepol staring inquisitively at it, it hurriedly scurries back into the dark depths.
Faintly, whispers can be heared as it warns it's brethren that a strange being approaches.

:P

Welcome to this small corner of the Internet.
As far as I know, there are many threads here on intp's, intj's and all manner of social interactions.
If the past does not bear any answers, simply start a new discussion and those that follow the dark teachings of typology shall aid you.

Zepol

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Welcome! Were there any particular behaviors/differences that brought you here?

You are a studious one Yellow! We are really close with each other. He is a 24 year old and has issues remembering and or completing things. It is to the point where he actually cried during a conversation we were having yesterday.

I wanted to see if this is normal for an INTP to have memory issues as well as issues completing things. He is a perfectionist!

Zep

Zepol

Redshirt
Local time
-->
From the utter darkness of the cave, a pair of eyes appear.
Slowly, they move closer and closer, until a vague figure can be made out.
Suddenly, an intp steps into the dim circle of light cast by Zepol's torch, squinting at the strangeness of this new aspect within it's environment.
Upon seeing Zepol staring inquisitively at it, it hurriedly scurries back into the dark depths.
Faintly, whispers can be heared as it warns it's brethren that a strange being approaches.

:P

Welcome to this small corner of the Internet.
As far as I know, there are many threads here on intp's, intj's and all manner of social interactions.
If the past does not bear any answers, simply start a new discussion and those that follow the dark teachings of typology shall aid you.

That was quite brilliant Rook. Thanks for the reception and I will take a look around.

Local time
Today 1:30 AM
-->
Greetings Zepol!

I for one can definitely attest to having both of those problems in spades. I have an awful memory and rarely complete anyth

rainman312

rice-eater extraordinaire
Local time
Today 2:30 AM
-->
Welcome to the forum, Zepol. If you stay long enough, you'll learn more about us than you ever wanted to know. I advise you to escape before it's too late.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 2:30 PM
-->
Welcome Zepol

Local time
-->
Hello and Welcome Zepol. Do you experience your mind as very logistical, even at times when it doesn't need to be, as though you have to remind your self to shut it off?

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Welcome, Zepol.

I'm not sure the memory part has anything to do with personality type. It really hasn't come up as a topic that I can remember.

Oh, I see what I did there, but I meant it straight, not as a joke. My memory has always been excellent and it's my impression most INTPs are normal or above average. If your son is having issues, there may be some other cause - it is a new thing?

As far as completing, well, it's more or less a problem for INTPs, depending on how well they are aware of their tendency to dawdle, explore and analyze. If they're aware, and care, things get done.

I hope you find what you need here. And your son would be quite welcome, you know?

Zepol

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Welcome, Zepol.

I'm not sure the memory part has anything to do with personality type. It really hasn't come up as a topic that I can remember.

Good one! ;)

If they're aware, and care, things get done.

I agree with this. I have always felt like caring was probably the key to remembering anything. I have told him this and he swears that he does care and that it disturbs him.

I hope you find what you need here. And your son would be quite welcome, you know?

I've told my son about this site and hope he decides to join because worst case scenario learning more about yourself is a tremendous value for anyone/everyone. Thanks for the input!

Top Bottom