• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

General catch all for new forum software.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
Today 5:11 AM
-->
The Kitten Smilie for our logo is well-becoming and splendid.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
On a similar note, I added the site to my own Project Honey Pot account, [ Spammer Catchers ] but they can't see the php file they provide for the root. URLJet is looking into this.

According to our hosts I had installed the php rightly, it was just my browser blocker things stopping me seeing it.

Which is ironic, local anti-spam measures stopping the view of grander anti-spam measures.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 11:11 PM
-->
I received no notification when AK mentioned me...

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I approve of the cat. I like the placement a lot.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday 10:11 PM
-->
The Kitten Smilie for our logo is well-becoming and splendid.
I was thinking of putting up the cross (in fact, why don't we have it as a smiley?) but in its absence our feline felt like the most suitable choice.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I like that new members is in your face at the bottom of the home page, I hope we keep that.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Why does my youtube sig keep changing to a link instead of a video?

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
I don't actually know, since I never used Notes; however I would certainly guess they are still in existence on the server ( and on my back-ups of the forum [ generally as tar.gz ] ) --- but not accessible unless XenForo has a slip-in Notes-like addon that can automagically pick up the old Notes and embrace them. And that we can install such an addon.

Not wholly impossible, last night I inspected the new public_html folder on the server with ftp, and checked the old vbulletin /images folders were translated there. They were.

As a last resort I may be able to find out where vbull kept the notes in some format, but I doubt they are legible, because they really should have been encrypted to stop anyone but the user reading them.

Never say die...

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
I ran a search through a flat back-up on my computer, and my best guess is that these notes ( which are generally confused with user-notes when looking for 'xenforo notes', a note system for admins with too much time on their hands to make rude remarks about members, used elsewhere ) were provided by a 'vBulletin mynotes add-on', made in 2008.

I would upload the 2 php txts as informative, but there's a legal notice forbidding this ( ! )

Copyright �2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved. # ||
|| # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
|| # Created: November 2008 # ||
|| # Author: Pritesh Shah <pshah@internetbrands.com>

So the good/bad news is that it is secreted away in the database somewhere. If I or someone can inspect an old database one day these may be extracted. Doesn't seem that likely...

Last month I downloaded various to look at databases ( which I would normally do to a simple extent online through dear old phpmyadmin ) and every one would only connect to databases online...

/homedir/public_html/mynotes.php

/homedir/public_html/includes/class_mynotes.php

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
-->
There are no clocks anywhere. I suggest adding a clock, to the home page at least, if feasible, so that we know what is meant when a post is said to have been added "Today at 8:12 AM" in terms of time zones. A message at the top saying "all timestamps in X standard" would do the trick too, I suppose.

Last edited:

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
I don't think that works that way, although open to correction. When you join, you set your local time zone, so all displayed times are relative to that time zone.

Of course one day everything will be UTC: The Difference Between GMT and UTC

In the mean time I dream of setting computer time here YYYY/MM/DD, since it's superior to the British DD/MM/YYYY, and far better than the lunatic American standard MM/DD/YYYY, which frankly....

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
-->
Oh. Forgot about that. Thanks.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
posts per day

days 2934
Post 5,086
-----------

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
@Kuu

When I edit my post it says it cannot edit because the length is too long. The post has more than ten thousand characters so even when I click edit it is impossible to click save because when I make changes I cannot delete 70 percent of my post because I need to keep the original text length. The font in the quotes brackets are too small and that is what I was trying to edit, to make the font more readable thus bigger (normal size) but I can't because I can't save the edit because the post is more than ten thousand characters.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
@Animekitty I have upped the limit to 50k characters per post. I hope that is sufficient.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Did we do posts per day again?
It should be on the profile page.

Top Bottom