• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What's best for memory. Had options, now confused.

esterno

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:23 PM
-->
Hello,
The time come to take my exams. With majority of them I have no problem, but there's few, that Im afraid, well sort of.
For them I need to memorise a lot of information. So I decided to buy some drugs to help my brain and memory.
First I thought about Neurozan, but then nootrops came in my way, while I was searching whats best.
Yesterday I was asured that I will buy Noopept, but today I did a little bit more research and changed my mind.
Noopept. I found out that some of the people report desired effect, short memory loss(reverse effect from what you should get) and that noopept works quite different on each individual.
So now I am thinking about Pramiracetam or Alpha-GPC or Oxiracetam. As for first time I want to try this thing, so I would buy one of these, wont do stacks.

So now what I need from nootrops is to memorise information faster and last longer
smile.png

Which one of these Pramiracetam or Alpha-GPC or Oxiracetam would You recommend, or maybe these are outdated, and You now something better than these?

I would be really really grateful for Your help
smile.png

keller520

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Best for memory is training it. Train memory by looking at your bath room mirror assembly and fix it in your memory. Go to the kitchen and drink a gals of water and than write down what there is around the bathroom mirror you remember. Repeat for so long till you recall everything, than step up and memorize something else. :elephant:

davidintp

Local time
-->
Best for memory is training it. Train memory by looking at your bath room mirror assembly and fix it in your memory. Go to the kitchen and drink a gals of water and than write down what there is around the bathroom mirror you remember. Repeat for so long till you recall everything, than step up and memorize something else. :elephant:

Yep, unfortunately there are no shortcuts. Your brain is a muscle that needs to be trained daily. What you could do is experiment with your learning style. Try cramming the day before the exam. If that fails try studying a little bit every day.

Drugs are drugs. They may have a temporary beneficial effect but you'll need the drugs anytime you need to focus, which, when you become an adult is pretty much all day long. So basically you'd be on drugs all day long.

Or you're smart and follow Keller's suggestion and train your brain. Not sure about the gallon of water but everything else sounds good.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 3:53 AM
-->
Brains are not muscles.

Cramming the day before an exam is strictly worse than studying a little everyday, but some people can't bring themselves to study until the day before. Lack of self control != learning style.

Training memory tends to increase your aptitude for the specific thing you trained on, with little generalisability.

Drug use can be habit forming in a positive way, as in for example, caffeine could get you out of bed long enough to develop the habit of reading the newspaper. Antidepressants can get you feeling okay enough to get some semblance of a life together in, the long term result being greater than what you could have achieved without drugs, even when you no longer use them.

I think of psychoactive drugs as useful for transitions, but problematic if used beyond this. I personally use modafinil for focus and energy, though limit use to when I truly need it (which during semester happens to be most of the time). I have no idea how modafinil compares to other nootropics, but do know that it works for my particular difficulties.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 11:23 AM
-->
I've heard Pramiracetam and Oxiracetam can work pretty well. This thread isn't about that but ultimately you need long time exposure to the material to develop a memory for it anyway, so it would have to be some combination of that and any nootropics you might decide to use.

Top Bottom