• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Split from "One of the coolest bullet point lists I've seen in a while"

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
Today 6:18 AM
-->
lol, redbaron, please don't feel I directed any of that judgement of post quality towards you – you're a lost case
HOW DARE YOU ASSUME ANYONE OWES YOU ANY PATIENCE OR RESPECT FOR YOUR REFUSAL TO DISCUSS AQUARIUMS!!!!!!

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
Poor Serac. All he wanted to do was share his enthusiasm for bullet points and you people act like this. He definitely doesn't seek out conflict and then complain when he found it. Nope. Nuh-uh. Never.

Professional victim.

My 2c is if someone takes a formal stance against climate change, I don't have to listen to what else they have to say about anything. I've heard it all before, and this person's process is clearly compromised.
FIRST, I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I HAVE THE READING COMPREHENSION OF A PERFECTLY GOOD SACK OF BRICKS!!!!!!!

SECOND, PEOPLE CAN LOWER THE QUALITY OF DISCUSSION ALL BY THEMSELVES, ESPECIALLY IF YOU MOCK THEM!!!!

DIG IT! WOO!!!

Wonders if he'll get banned for making Magi Nation references...
I was at the aquarium a few months ago, in dubai.
they had the largest most magnificent lobster I had ever seen, and they were in abundance.
wanted to take one to the nobu restaurant next door and have them make something amazing with it.

speaking of they have the most amazing scallop and octopus sushi there, to die for.
wished the sea urchin was in season, maybe next time.
The best food I've ever eaten was in the Monterey Bay aquarium. Some sort of jellyfish & seaweed salad, uni, octopus ceviche... with fat tire beer, which tastes like BBQ. Everything was local, fresh, and amazing. Dubai must have been a badass place to visit. What was it like?

aiyanah

_aded
Local time
Today 8:18 AM
-->
The best food I've ever eaten was in the Monterey Bay aquarium. Some sort of jellyfish & seaweed salad, uni, octopus ceviche... with fat tire beer, which tastes like BBQ. Everything was local, fresh, and amazing. Dubai must have been a badass place to visit. What was it like?
dubai was incredible, a truly ridiculous city by my standards...but i'm south african so i probably lack real perspective.
BGs0Rh9.jpg
does america have these things? i have yet to see them on american news broadcasts or reality tv.

there's also this one hotel that i need to stay at at least once in my life, granted i'll likely see a different hotel that's been completed that i then have to stay at at least once in my life next time i'm there.
2IvbJzH.jpg

yes the whole thing is a pool, it's not a render.
these are the cheap rooms :3

EgxtMSI.jpg

the expensive ones are on the dock and beach.

couldn't fathom living in dubai though, i feel i would forget how to cook for myself with how affordable and readily available food is with 24 hour delivery. not to mention their summer is cripplingly hot, like 103% humidity at 44°C (34 at midnight), do go in winter if you ever go there.
carry a second bag for shopping everything is always on sale.

you know it's funny, for a culture all about modesty they have all these OTT architectural projects going on literally reaching for the heavens, you can likely spot at least 4 building sites from any high enough hotel room where foundations are being laid, and you'll likely find 60 other projects as you roam the city.
and the defacto slaves are hidden well enough for one to forget about the issue while there, very pleasant place where one honestly forgets crime is even a thing.
fell asleep in a taxi and dropped your wallet? the driver will hand it to the reception of your hotel once he finds out about it.

before and after shots are ridiculous btw

qbQTIal.jpg

if anyone wanted to know how to play sim city irl, look at dubai.
that marina that runs through the city on the left btw, incredible area of the city, better than the palm, think the burj and it's fountain is behind this image, or likely beneath it.
going to the top of the burj is 1.5k dirhams btw, not worth for my budget but maybe with some dollars in purse when you enter the country possibilities open.
whatever man, it's an amazing place, totally recommend it, i'm doing their advertising for them and i'm not even being paid :/
i forgot to eat at gordon ramsay's restaurant while there ://

ohohoh the cinema, you must go watch a movie in gary rhodes cinema and have a 3 course michellin starred menu served to you while doing so.
go with a partner, it'll be great.
if you have little ones you can leave them at the VR park, with some lunch money cause the food court is right next door...granted there's like 8 food courts in each mall.

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
Oh lawdy that's awkward.
the mocking... it... it doesn't seem to be working....

WHICH MEANS IT'S TIME TO DOUBLE DOWN!!!!
_____DOUBLE DOWN!!!!_____DOUBLE DOWN!!!!
_____DOUBLE DOWN!!!!_____DOUBLE DOWN!!!!
I defer to them as experts. I accept what they tell me.
This can be problematic because pseudoscience often buries itself in the intergluteal cleft of science to blend in.

Someone who watches famous pop culture scientists like Bill Nye and Neil deGrasse Tyson ridicule the anti-gmo crowd because "selective breeding has been going on for thousands of years, so nearly everything falls under the loose semantic label of 'genetically modified'" would be incorrect if they formed a generalized conclusion that all approved GMOs are safe, because the legal criteria of substantial equivalence used to assess safety of specific organisms violates the scientific method. The limits of substantial equivalence aren't just theoretical, they show up in data too: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f359/b06ba7673c4c37f7cfc77660469740f42c2b.pdf#page=38

I see no reason why climate science and derivative policy wouldn't suffer similar dingleberries.
Higs said:
However, like I said in post 18, this is just a series of affirmation with no arguments, and I believe the charge of the proof for many of the counter intuitive ones lies with the person who makes them. Kind of like if I affirm that unicorns exist, I'm the one who has to prove that they do, other people don't have to disprove that they exist. Honestly though, I doubt I'm gonna have the intellectual energy for this thread. Unless someone baits me reeeeeally masterfully.
Hmmm.... It appears you have affirmed that "Serac agrees in varying degrees with most of these bullet points or he would not have posted them" via "guess." Master baiter reporting for duty. :p
Higs said:
We can, of course, analyze different statements by one person even if they have provided a reason not to be trusted. Personally if I detect dishonest motives in someone, then I don't linger. Each proposition can ofc be analyzed and argued for independently.
There are two legit paths of discourse available: The passing of judgment upon the points themselves vs ad hom against author or poster, and subsequent agreement or defense, or simply asking "What do you think about X and why?" which we never do because
AQUAAAAAAARRRRRRIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Still better than Hado's "he's doing thing he's not doing because he did it before"

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 5:18 PM
-->
having another manic episode are we lagomorph?

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
dubai was incredible, a truly ridiculous city by my standards...but i'm south african so i probably lack real perspective.
BGs0Rh9.jpg
does america have these things? i have yet to see them on american news broadcasts or reality tv.

there's also this one hotel that i need to stay at at least once in my life, granted i'll likely see a different hotel that's been completed that i then have to stay at at least once in my life next time i'm there.
2IvbJzH.jpg

yes the whole thing is a pool, it's not a render.
these are the cheap rooms :3

EgxtMSI.jpg

the expensive ones are on the dock and beach.

couldn't fathom living in dubai though, i feel i would forget how to cook for myself with how affordable and readily available food is with 24 hour delivery. not to mention their summer is cripplingly hot, like 103% humidity at 44°C (34 at midnight), do go in winter if you ever go there.
carry a second bag for shopping everything is always on sale.

you know it's funny, for a culture all about modesty they have all these OTT architectural projects going on literally reaching for the heavens, you can likely spot at least 4 building sites from any high enough hotel room where foundations are being laid, and you'll likely find 60 other projects as you roam the city.
and the defacto slaves are hidden well enough for one to forget about the issue while there, very pleasant place where one honestly forgets crime is even a thing.
fell asleep in a taxi and dropped your wallet? the driver will hand it to the reception of your hotel once he finds out about it.

before and after shots are ridiculous btw

qbQTIal.jpg

if anyone wanted to know how to play sim city irl, look at dubai.
that marina that runs through the city on the left btw, incredible area of the city, better than the palm, think the burj and it's fountain is behind this image, or likely beneath it.
going to the top of the burj is 1.5k dirhams btw, not worth for my budget but maybe with some dollars in purse when you enter the country possibilities open.
whatever man, it's an amazing place, totally recommend it, i'm doing their advertising for them and i'm not even being paid :/
i forgot to eat at gordon ramsay's restaurant while there ://

ohohoh the cinema, you must go watch a movie in gary rhodes cinema and have a 3 course michellin starred menu served to you while doing so.
go with a partner, it'll be great.

if you have little ones you can leave them at the VR park, with some lunch money cause the food court is right next door...granted there's like 8 food courts in each mall.
If we have those in the U.S., I haven't seen them. I don't want to say we don't, because that's generalizing half a continent.

Man.... I might go someday. I hate heat though, and the de facto slave thing.
having another manic episode are we lagomorph?
No? I've been laughing an awful lot though. I deem all statements by people who don't know the difference between 'why' and 'how' worthy of mockery.
@Lagomorph I know how to spot pseudoscience just fine no worries.

Fine, lets just ask Serac shall we? @Serac to what extent do you or do you not agree with this bullet point list which you have proclaimed to be "the coolest one you have seen in a while" ?
Post-hoc justification?

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Wat ? No! I'm literally asking for confirmation or refutation ?

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
-->
Just checking. Cutting off a potential future path while I can.

*Edit: @higs Didn't see your edit to post 45. Let the edit wars commence.

Honestly, I'd think climate science would be more complex than genetics because we don't exactly have replicates of planets to screw around with. But anyway, there's still that intersection between science and policy where people do things "because science says so" when it doesn't actually say so, and that spot is defensible re: political indoctrination.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
It's really very simple and my intentions are not that bad you'll find. For me to engage in any discussion on these I need to know to what extent Serac agrees or disagrees, because Darlymple provides no argument in this list and is not available to me for discussion. Therefore, IF Serac agrees with these points I'm assuming that he can argue for them in Darlymple's place. I find point 1 and 2 for example to be pretty controversial affirmations.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 3:18 PM
-->
Hey im the theist whats going on in this thread. Come to papa jesus, all your salt jars shall be filled ;)

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 2:18 AM
-->
I've had a love/hate relationship with aquariums ever since I went to Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World and had to face off with one of these spindly face huggers....

japanese-spider-crab.jpg

F that, I almost turned around and walked out.

Then again, I got to see the sharks within arms reach via the underwater tunnel. I dunno. Deadly but prettier fish are more palatable than these ugly mofos that probably wouldn't hurt anything but a fish carcass.

I thought the quote "Life is like a bucket of chocolate mixed with mud and dumped on your head" was more accurate.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:18 PM
-->
You could probably rip its limbs off with ease, it evolved in a cold dark low-oxygen environment, from its perspective we're absurdly fast and strong.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 8:18 AM
-->
Just imagine midget mermaids using them as mounts in jousting tournaments.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 3:18 PM
-->
I've had a love/hate relationship with aquariums ever since I went to Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World and had to face off with one of these spindly face huggers....

japanese-spider-crab.jpg

Then again, I got to see the sharks within arms reach via the underwater tunnel. I dunno. Deadly but prettier fish are more palatable than these ugly mofos that probably wouldn't hurt anything but a fish carcass.

I thought the quote "Life is like a bucket of chocolate mixed with mud and dumped on your head" was more accurate.

You have no idea how good these crabs are. These are SO damn GOOD. They go for hundreds (of yen) in Japan. :L

Top Bottom