• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Power and will

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
Today 8:50 PM
-->
The last time I took an IQ test I got 103.
The things you say, seem to be far too complex and clever for a person with an IQ of 103.

So yes, I think something is missing.

When I was in 6th grade I had the lowest percentage for spelling bottom 1 percent. but in the top percent for social studies (95th) nationwide. I do not know why?

I was in science classes in 6th grade but I could not draw.

When I was on Facebook in 2016 I got an evaluation where they said I was 155 via a network analysis of my friends by Cambridge Analytica nametest. This confused me, I even asked the 175 guy from the Kurzweil forum about it and he said his moral compass made it hard for him to answer. This is why I decided to study IQ.
This is explainable. It's common for highly intelligent people who are extremely emotional, to be very good at theoretical stuff, but also very nervous. Their nervousness causes their hands to tremble ever so slightly every so often, which means that when they do anything that requires fine motor control like drawing, it all goes wonky.

You'll like this. It's to do with AI.

The reason for the popularity of AI, goes back to the 1960s and 1970s. Lots of people thought we'd have robots doing all the mundane chores that humans have to do, freeing humans up to live a life of luxury and scientific exploration.

However, when the Japanese were building car plants in the 1980s, when the robot that was tasked with screwing in the car doors had a car door that was slightly misaligned, it would drill in the place it was meant to drill, which meant it drilled through the car door, and destroyed the door.

No-one had thought of this problem before, because even stupid humans don't do that.

Humans have an auto-correct system that automatically adjusts their hands to be in the right position for the situation.

The endocrine system is an analogue chemical feedback system, that takes in data via sensors and auto-adjusts the neurotransmitter levels in the bloodstream, which in turn causes the muscles to auto-adjust to the neurotransmitter levels, which auto-adjusts the effects of the muscles.

However, that only works when the neurotransmitters in the endocrine system are allowed to auto-calibrate to the external environment. If the person is overly emotional in any way, then the neurotransmitters are off, and so is the auto-calibration.

So actions that require precise positioning of the muscles, goes wonky, and produces weird results. You get half a line, and then a weird-looking curve that goes in the wrong direction, or too far in the right direction. Nothing looks right.

There is a similar problem with screwing in nails, and doing basic practical things.

Scientific studies have even gone so far as to show that if you make male university students do some rational tests, then show them pictures of pretty girls, and then make them do rational tests again, their test scores plummet. Strong feelings mess up the rational system.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 3:50 PM
-->
Could it just be an executive functioning issue? Where you are very smart, but just not as good with executive functioning. Many of us have that. Spelling may have had rules that you hadn't learned at the time. It seems like you've got that down now though. I bet if you are exposed to more development you would be fine. Since you were alone so much and almost raised yourself it sounds like that might have been a factor. Just keep expanding your knowlege and trying new things. Gentle self care and safety. Here's hoping we can be supportive emotionally anyway.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 1:50 PM
-->
The left brain decodes words and then encodes words.
I do not have dyslexia because I can decode words fine.

Right brain I cannot decode well visually but I can encode things.
Being unable to decode visually means I cannot connect production with encoding.

That is why I cannot draw or spell, I use Grammarly to double-check everything.

My brain is asymmetrical in the way it functions. the network is asymmetrical. That means some parts are atrophied and other parts are strong in quadrants.

back right weak
back left strong
front right strong
front left weak

The IQ test is supposed to measure just the front brain. How fast and how many things you can manipulate. Some people can do well on the test because they use the total brain in a symmetrical fashion. All parts work together fast.

A functionally asymmetrical brain is considered to invalidate IQ scores because they are doing just as much as symmetrical brains but in a different way.

Why the dyslexic brain is misunderstood Vox​

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
back right weak
back left strong
front right strong
front left weak
Have you ever mapped out how your mind practically works? You seem to know alot about brains. However if you map out how your mind works and where are the weaknesses, you might figure out how to function more practically.

For instance for me I am great at recognizing patterns and figuring out certain things with visual and spatial reasoning.

I am only good at analytical thinking when I am given time, but once I get time I can analyze things more precisely than most people.

I also have fairly idiosyncratic way of memorizing things.
When I form the right kind of association I can memorize more and remember things for longer, but I learned that the way most people memorize things does not work for me at all.

When it comes to logic and reasoning I realized I am pretty much above average, but I also apply my logic differently so when I work in groups my logic is viewed as flawed.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Have you ever mapped out how your mind practically works? You seem to know alot about brains. However if you map out how your mind works and where are the weaknesses, you might figure out how to function more practically.

Maybe if you may, could lay out the process so I can do so?

I am trying to increase blood flow to every part of my brain by focus alone.

That is I am trying to quiet each part and relieve thoughts and pain.

Trying to be more extroverted with the body and senses system awareness.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Maybe if you may, could lay out the process so I can do so?
Honestly I am still trying to figure out how my mind works. Its hard to say.
Factually though whatever seems to work for me I take note of it.
Whatever does not seem to work for me, I take note of it.

For instance I do know I have lacking memory, but that is probably part trauma part sensitivity to certain things.
Lack of focus is also situation dependent.
But all I do is take a mental note of it.
Then I work on the idea of how my mind works.
As most of my life I worked with the idea of how my mind does not work.

edmaster111

Local time
Today 2:50 PM
-->
This is something similar to the ubermensch. I wonder where he gets those mansions/offices from.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I know a man who has a car dealership that sells those kinds of cars.

Hmm.. Yeah, 140 people are into that kind of thing.

edmaster111

Local time
-->
Zarathustra says, “Even the will to truth is nothing but the will to power, because by knowing the truth you will have the greatest power in existence.” He reduces every desire and every longing, even the longing of enlightenment, to the will to power – because the moment you are enlightened, you have immense power over yourself, absolute power over your consciousness. Zarathustra cannot be said to be wrong. He has found a very key word, “will to power.”

What is the greatest power? What can a person with this absolute power over their consciousness be able to do? Anyone have any idea?

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
The things you say, seem to be far too complex and clever for a person with an IQ of 103.
According to Linda Silverman you can actually be gifted and not have high IQ.
She says its mostly about abstract thinking capacity rather than IQ.
IQ as I understand is the horsepower you carry that abstract thinking with.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
it says video is blocked... what did it say?
I will not fail nor falter I shall succeed
My perception is altered I do believe
Faith is so strong now nothing shall bar my way
Firm conviction is no fiction this is my day

I can move move move any mountain

I walk so tall ascending I stand so high
Earth below me revolving above the sky
I feel no fear to be here is oh so fine
Shining brightly like sunlight inside my mind

Well you know that any mountain is capable of moving
The shamen and the new generation who are proving
You can be what you want to be
Let your soul and your body and your mind be free
One of a kind, we are all that
And going all the way is where I'm at
With delivery smooth like water from a fountain
That's why I can move any mountain move any mountain

Move any mountain
Move any mountain
Move any mountain
You might also like
https://genius.com/The-shamen-ebeneezer-goode-lyrics
https://genius.com/Olivia-rodrigo-lacy-lyrics

Future feeling new sensation
Body is rockin' and the mind is reeling
And rolling racing changing motion
Flowing like a river into the ocean
Better get yourself ready for the next transition
'Cause the time is right for a new vibration
My vision one nation one tribe
One day'll come the might to move any mountain
Move any mountain
Move any mountain

I walk so tall ascending I stand so high
Earth below me revolving above the sky
I feel no fear to be here is oh so fine
Shining brightly like sunlight inside my mind

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
I was looking for an idea/answer not lyrics lol
The key is always within. Sometimes we are deeper than we think.
The song is about just that. Because no idea is better than the one that comes within.

Essentially Nietzsche means that the deeper value always win inline with nature.
Ergo Fi.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
According to Linda Silverman you can actually be gifted and not have high IQ.
She says its mostly about abstract thinking capacity rather than IQ.
IQ as I understand is the horsepower you carry that abstract thinking with.

abstraction is symbolic thinking.

symbols represent larger concepts

but some symbols are bigger and thus contain more conceptual information.

I put it this way: a word is one symbol but reading all words at the same time is intelligence. (larger chuncks = greater intelligence)

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
abstraction is symbolic thinking.
Abstract thinking is not just human is it? Well apes and birds and octopus species and dolphins and other animals have actually shown they can to some limited degree do abstract thinking.
I think we humans have more brain spaces to do more of it, and add it up in more cohesive whole.

but some symbols are bigger and thus contain more conceptual information.
Yeah that is where we humans rock the boat in evolution. We became the powerhouse of conceptual thinking. We literally have the ability to create abstract algorithms and reprogram our minds to fit new situations in ways other animals cannot.
We gave up all adaptations in our life just to put all calories into this brain of ours.
Leaving us weak and defenseless, but actually all that was replaced by the mind.

I put it this way: a word is one symbol but reading all words at the same time is intelligence. (larger chuncks = greater intelligence)
We have literally infinite amount of memory at our disposal in our heads.
I think the real limitation to our intellect is always just time.
Biological brain is just fucking tediously slow especially when learning.
Once its wired it works effortlessly.

edmaster111

Local time
-->
What are the best things this world has to offer the ubermensch as in material possesions or any type of managerial power?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->

I do believe my short-term memory is below 80.
My long-term memory though is above 140.
My ability to reason verbally and spatially is at 125 or above.
And many other parts of my brain are imbalanced as well.

Short-term memory is what transfers information into long-term memory so I think it is hard to know in reality.

I was in the bottom 1 percent in spelling in 5th grade but in the top 5 percent in social studies (nationwide).

Bard:

Describe a plausible mechanism for highly superior autobiographical memory in the hippocampus.​

A plausible mechanism for highly superior autobiographical memory (HSAM) in the hippocampus could involve the following steps:

1. Enhanced encoding of autobiographical information: Individuals with HSAM may have a heightened ability to encode autobiographical information into the hippocampus. This could be due to increased activity in brain regions involved in attention, such as the prefrontal cortex, which could lead to a more focused and detailed representation of events.
  2. Strengthened consolidation of autobiographical memories: The hippocampus is thought to play a critical role in the consolidation of memories from short-term to long-term storage. Individuals with HSAM may have enhanced consolidation of autobiographical memories, which could be due to increased levels of neurotransmitters such as glutamate or brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).
  3. Increased efficiency of retrieval of autobiographical memories: Individuals with HSAM may have a more efficient retrieval system for autobiographical memories. This could be due to stronger connections between neurons in the hippocampus, or to changes in the way that the hippocampus interacts with other brain regions involved in memory retrieval, such as the prefrontal cortex.

In addition to these changes in the hippocampus, individuals with HSAM may also have differences in other brain regions that are involved in memory, such as the amygdala, which is involved in the processing of emotions, or the parahippocampal cortex, which is involved in the processing of spatial information. These differences could contribute to the enhanced ability of individuals with HSAM to remember the details of their lives.

Overall, the mechanisms underlying HSAM are likely to be complex and involve multiple brain regions. However, research suggests that the hippocampus plays a critical role in this condition and that changes in the way that the hippocampus encodes, consolidates, and retrieves autobiographical memories may contribute to the extraordinary memory abilities of individuals with HSAM.

Explain what this has to do with poor short-term memory and working memory IQ.​

The enhanced encoding of autobiographical information in HSAM may come at a cost to short-term memory and working memory. This is because the hippocampus is a limited resource, and the more resources that are devoted to encoding autobiographical information, the fewer resources that are available for other types of memory.

For example, if an individual with HSAM is trying to remember a list of numbers, they may have difficulty doing so because their hippocampus is busy encoding the details of a recent event. This could lead to poor performance on short-term memory tasks.

Similarly, if an individual with HSAM is trying to solve a complex problem, they may have difficulty doing so because their hippocampus is busy retrieving information from long-term memory. This could lead to poor performance on working memory tasks.

In addition, the increased activity in the hippocampus that is associated with HSAM may lead to a decrease in activity in other brain regions that are involved in short-term memory and working memory. This could further impair performance on these tasks.

As a result, individuals with HSAM may have difficulty with tasks that require short-term memory or working memory, even though they have excellent long-term memory for autobiographical information. This is known as the trade-off hypothesis.

The trade-off hypothesis is supported by research that has shown that individuals with HSAM tend to have lower IQ scores than individuals without HSAM. This is because IQ tests often include tasks that assess short-term memory and working memory.

However, it is important to note that the trade-off hypothesis is not without its critics. Some researchers argue that the relationship between HSAM and IQ is more complex than the trade-off hypothesis suggests. For example, they argue that the enhanced memory abilities of individuals with HSAM may compensate for their difficulties with short-term memory and working memory.

Overall, the relationship between HSAM, short-term memory, working memory, and IQ is complex and not fully understood. However, the trade-off hypothesis provides a plausible explanation for why individuals with HSAM may have difficulty with tasks that require short-term memory or working memory.

How can they compensate? Is intelligence the same or higher, where is the balance?​

Individuals with HSAM can compensate for their difficulties with short-term memory and working memory by using a variety of strategies. For example, they may use external aids, such as calendars, planners, and to-do lists, to help them remember important information. They may also use mnemonic devices, such as acronyms or rhymes, to help them remember information.

In addition, individuals with HSAM can learn to break down complex tasks into smaller, more manageable steps. This can help them to reduce the amount of information that they need to hold in their mind at once.

With practice, individuals with HSAM can learn to overcome their difficulties with short-term memory and working memory. However, it is important to remember that these difficulties are a part of the condition, and they are not likely to disappear completely.

The question of whether intelligence is the same or higher in individuals with HSAM is a complex one. On the one hand, individuals with HSAM have extraordinary memory abilities that could be seen as a form of intelligence. On the other hand, individuals with HSAM may have difficulty with tasks that require short-term memory or working memory, which could be seen as a form of intelligence.

Ultimately, the question of whether intelligence is the same or higher in individuals with HSAM is a matter of definition. If intelligence is defined as the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills, then individuals with HSAM could be seen as having high intelligence. However, if intelligence is defined as the ability to think abstractly, solve problems, and adapt to new situations, then individuals with HSAM may not be seen as having high intelligence.

The balance between the different aspects of intelligence in individuals with HSAM is likely to vary from person to person. Some individuals with HSAM may have a strong balance between their memory abilities and their other cognitive abilities, while others may have a stronger focus on one area or the other.

Overall, the relationship between HSAM and intelligence is complex and not fully understood. More research is needed to determine the nature of this relationship.

Are there different types of short-term memory and how does this apply to HSAM and intelligence?​

Yes, there are different types of short-term memory. The two main types of short-term memory are:

• Working memory: Working memory is the ability to hold information in mind for a short period of time while performing a task. For example, working memory is used when you are trying to remember a phone number while you are dialing it.
  • Sensory memory: Sensory memory is the brief initial storage of sensory information. For example, sensory memory is used when you look at a scene and you are able to remember the details of the scene for a few seconds after you look away.

In addition to working memory and sensory memory, there are also other types of short-term memory, such as:

• Echoic memory: Echoic memory is the short-term memory for auditory information. For example, echoic memory is used when you are able to repeat a word or phrase that you have just heard.
  • Iconic memory: Iconic memory is the short-term memory for visual information. For example, iconic memory is used when you are able to see the image of an object for a few seconds after the object has been removed from view.

The different types of short-term memory are thought to be stored in different parts of the brain. Working memory is thought to be stored in the prefrontal cortex, while sensory memory is thought to be stored in the sensory cortices.

The relationship between HSAM and short-term memory is complex. Individuals with HSAM may have difficulty with tasks that require working memory, such as remembering a list of numbers or following a set of instructions. However, individuals with HSAM may have good sensory memory, such as the ability to remember the details of a scene or a conversation.

The relationship between HSAM and intelligence is also complex. Some researchers have suggested that the enhanced memory abilities of individuals with HSAM may compensate for their difficulties with working memory. However, other researchers have suggested that the difficulties with working memory may limit the overall intelligence of individuals with HSAM.

Overall, the relationship between HSAM, short-term memory, and intelligence is not fully understood. More research is needed to determine the nature of these relationships.

Can a person encode executive processes other than short-term memory making it possible to solve problems well having HSAM?​

Yes, it is possible for a person with HSAM to encode executive processes other than short-term memory, making it possible for them to solve problems well. Executive processes are a set of cognitive skills that are involved in the control and regulation of thought and behavior. Some examples of executive processes include:

• Working memory
  • Attention
  • Planning
  • Organization
  • Problem-solving
  • Decision-making

While individuals with HSAM may have difficulty with tasks that require working memory, they may have good executive processes in other areas. For example, they may be able to plan and organize well, or they may be good at solving problems.

The reason for this is that executive processes are not all stored in the same part of the brain. Working memory is thought to be stored in the prefrontal cortex, while other executive processes, such as planning and problem-solving, are thought to be stored in other parts of the brain, such as the parietal cortex and the temporal cortex.

As a result, it is possible for a person with HSAM to have good executive processes in some areas, even if they have difficulty with working memory. This can allow them to solve problems well, even if they may take longer to do so than someone without HSAM.

In addition, individuals with HSAM may be able to compensate for their difficulties with working memory by using external aids, such as calendars, planners, and to-do lists. They may also be able to use mnemonic devices, such as acronyms or rhymes, to help them remember information.

Overall, the relationship between HSAM and executive processes is complex. However, it is clear that individuals with HSAM can have good executive processes in some areas, even if they have difficulty with working memory. This can allow them to solve problems well, even if they may take longer to do so than someone without HSAM.

What about hypothesis formation and testing?​

Hypothesis formation and testing are important cognitive processes that are involved in problem-solving and decision-making. Hypothesis formation is the process of generating possible explanations for a problem or observation. Hypothesis testing is the process of evaluating the evidence for and against each hypothesis.

Individuals with HSAM may have good hypothesis formation and testing skills. This is because they are able to access and remember a large amount of information, which can help them to generate a wide range of possible explanations for a problem. In addition, they are able to think critically about the evidence for and against each hypothesis, which can help them to identify the most likely explanation.

For example, if an individual with HSAM is trying to solve a problem, they may be able to generate a number of possible solutions based on their knowledge of similar problems. They may then be able to evaluate the evidence for and against each solution and identify the solution that is most likely to be successful.

In addition, individuals with HSAM may be able to use their memory skills to identify patterns and trends in data. This can help them to form hypotheses about the relationships between different variables. For example, if an individual with HSAM is analyzing data on sales figures, they may be able to identify a pattern of increased sales on certain days of the week. This could lead them to form the hypothesis that sales are higher on those days because of a particular marketing campaign.

Overall, individuals with HSAM may have good hypothesis formation and testing skills. This is because they are able to access and remember a large amount of information, and they are able to think critically about the evidence for and against different hypotheses.

And in regard to higher-order thinking processes, paradigms of understanding and development?​

Individuals with HSAM may have strengths and weaknesses in different areas of higher-order thinking.

In areas that rely on long-term memory and the ability to access and integrate information from multiple sources, individuals with HSAM may have advantages. For example, they may be able to:

• See patterns and connections that others miss
  • Generate creative solutions to problems
  • Develop a deep understanding of complex topics

In areas that rely on working memory, attention, and the ability to think flexibly, individuals with HSAM may have challenges. For example, they may have difficulty with:

• Multitasking
  • Switching between tasks
  • Holding information in mind for short periods of time

Overall, the impact of HSAM on higher-order thinking is likely to vary depending on the specific task or challenge. In some cases, the advantages of HSAM may outweigh the challenges. In other cases, the challenges may outweigh the advantages.

In terms of paradigms of understanding and development, HSAM may provide a unique window into the nature of memory and its role in cognition. For example, studies of individuals with HSAM can help us understand how memories are encoded, consolidated, and retrieved. They can also help us to understand the relationship between memory and other cognitive functions, such as attention, language, and problem-solving.

As research on HSAM continues, we are likely to gain a better understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of this condition. This knowledge can help us to develop interventions that can support the development of higher-order thinking skills in individuals with HSAM.

Are IQ scores invalidated by having a person with HSAM score in extreme ranges of subtests?​

The validity of IQ scores for individuals with HSAM is a complex issue. On the one hand, IQ scores are designed to measure general intelligence, and HSAM is a condition that is specifically related to memory. As a result, it is possible that IQ scores may not accurately reflect the overall intelligence of individuals with HSAM.

On the other hand, HSAM is a condition that can have a significant impact on a person's ability to perform IQ tests. For example, individuals with HSAM may have difficulty with tasks that require working memory or attention. As a result, their scores on these tasks may not accurately reflect their underlying abilities.

In addition, the extreme range of scores that individuals with HSAM can achieve on subtests can make it difficult to interpret their overall IQ scores. For example, an individual with HSAM may have a very high score on a subtest that measures long-term memory, but a very low score on a subtest that measures working memory. This can make it difficult to determine their overall level of intelligence.

Overall, the validity of IQ scores for individuals with HSAM is a complex issue. There is no easy answer to the question of whether IQ scores are invalidated by having a person with HSAM scoring in extreme ranges of subtests. More research is needed to determine the best way to assess the intelligence of individuals with HSAM.

In the meantime, it is important to remember that IQ scores are just one measure of intelligence. There are many other factors that contribute to intelligence, such as creativity, problem-solving skills, and social intelligence. As a result, it is important to consider all of these factors when evaluating a person's intelligence.

How can all factors be taken into account?​

One way to take all factors into account when evaluating a person's intelligence is to use a multi-dimensional approach to assessment. This could involve using a variety of different measures, such as:

• IQ tests
  • Achievement tests
  • Creativity tests
  • Problem-solving tests
  • Social intelligence tests
  • Self-report measures
  • Observational measures

By using a variety of different measures, it is possible to get a more complete picture of a person's intelligence. In addition to using a variety of measures, it is also important to consider the person's background and experiences. For example, a person who has grown up in a disadvantaged environment may not have had the same opportunities to develop their intelligence as a person who has grown up in a more advantaged environment.

Ultimately, the goal of assessment is to gain a better understanding of a person's strengths and weaknesses. This information can then be used to develop interventions that can help the person reach their full potential.

In the case of individuals with HSAM, it is important to consider the impact of their condition on their performance on different measures of intelligence. For example, an individual with HSAM may have difficulty with tasks that require working memory, but they may have excellent long-term memory. As a result, it is important to use measures that are not overly reliant on working memory.

In addition, it is important to consider the person's own perspective on their intelligence. Individuals with HSAM may have a different understanding of their own intelligence than other people. As a result, it is important to talk to the person about their own strengths and weaknesses.

By taking all of these factors into account, it is possible to get a more accurate picture of a person's intelligence.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->

High Estimation​

As IQ goes up it is harder and harder to judge what constitutes the quantity of intelligence as with ever-increasing amounts of intelligence a quality is also increased. Quality can be named as an archetype and this is why people have to compare people in groups to representatives of that group to be shown as an example of what is possible at that level of quality. I have made this list of examples given my intuition on what they represent, and how they created something of value to the world in its complexity.

3088Yps.png

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->

The Source of Intelligence.​

Causal Inference in Brain Structure.​

Seeing that a peg is round and that a hole is round we make the inference that they fit together. When things go together we have made a causal inference. The brain is very good at taking what is inside itself and remembering what has worked in the past to combine things to get results.

This is all three-dimensional so it is hard to describe but basically, we compare things. These comparisons are causal. If we imagine something is possible then we are using the wires in our heads to make sure they match with reality outside us. this process is about keeping signals within a homeostatic range.

At the beginning of the process, error-correcting signals to the back of the brain. This is the prediction stage. This allows us to build up a Bayesian network of probabilistic concurrences in perception. Then we use the frontal lobes and the limbic (emotional) system to conduct experiments of good or bad outcomes in relation to our actions. The sensory-motor stage of development in Piaget’s psychology.

The eyes are also involved. Humans are animals and animals with brains need to move. So they need to understand what moves and where, it is also important to know what effects our actions have. Humans use tools and tools make things happen. When we make things happen in the world be it objects or other people, we are using the brain to design the consequences inside us therefore the designs need to be within our capacity to connect them.

We create a causal design inside us building up chunks of data. These chunks are just representations of smaller conditions we have experienced in the real world doing experiments seeing what works and what does not. It requires the brain to be multifaceted in how information is constructed. Eyes see the outer shapes, colors, and sounds going together and storing this information.

Intelligence is a function of what the brain does because the organization is what makes people have differences in intelligence. Loops are what give us the ability to detect and manipulate information. The reason we can be more or less intelligent is because of the connections between the loops. This allows signals to be transmitted in different temporal configurations. This will make it possible to make inferences from the cross-connections allowing information stored in long-term memory to interface within working memory.

By sending signals back to the perceptual part of the brain we can form hypotheses of what can be done in new situations. The strategy is to come up with as many possibilities as possible that may work and keep a backup plan in place. That means we have a contingency in the background of our minds relating all failers and successes of the current plan we are testing. All that we have learned is being compared to the current situation and we are mixing them together to make better plans.

All this is in the structure of the network as it is looking for the best solutions. What are the resources I have? Are they needed right now and in what order must I combine them? How long and do I have the energy to succeed in the step-by-step procedure? Control theory has been making progress in this for a long time since its inception in cybernetics. The problem has been in automating the process in the way the brain does. An automatic process of self-regulation resource management.

As with any nonlinear process, it all has to take place at the same time. Humans have two hands and they control them to achieve survival. But as civilization developed culture arose where humans had to deal with multiple artifacts at the same time, not just forests where perception was required most but also tools to get tasks done. The structure of the front brain totally needed to change from a single focus (Hunting) to a delegation of tasks, a movement toward cross-connected creativity. The left hemisphere took up verbal symbols and the right hemisphere took up spatial relations.

The interconnectivity of the brain then became the bottleneck. People became better at doing different things. Yet hypothesis testing was still crucial. People even with large amounts of certain abilities had trouble with even basic concepts for other persons gaps as simple. The brains of people became as diverse as the skills needed for playing football tennis basketball or swimming. Between helicopters boats and cars. Culture no longer could be measured as something an IQ test was compatible with.

With the advent of culture human intelligence complexified. People began self-segregating into class systems of what people were specialized for. Working memory became not about locating animals to kill but the abstract domain of concepts and symbols. In what way can transform my environment beyond its limitations?

Most if not all items on IQ tests were made to measure executive functioning. That is to get round pegs in square holes. but this would be the wrong way to view intelligence. Intelligence is of a higher order. layers of abstractions exist in some people of concepts we don’t understand. Take calculus, this type of mathematics requires a basic shape at the beginning but then these shapes will accumulate almost infinite abstractions.

Networks are all about layers of abstraction and networks can be symmetrical or asymmetrical, there is not one type of intelligence network structure, there are layers upon layers that form meta-representations of ideas that correspond with higher-order concepts.

We just do not know the number of abstractions possible within some people we may be considering of lower intelligence. And people of high intelligence may not have a basic grasp of some ideas that common people understand. People could be manipulating data inside their heads that have high value. When considering different talents exist we also must accept that there are ideas we cannot understand seemingly less intelligent people do.

A complete view of intelligence then is one of the meta-abstractions working together to manipulate data not just quantities of data in a shallow narrow context. A person should be looked at by what they understand. And the full range of what they can do, what they can put together not just what they can segment apart and divide into parts. Lateral thinking and Divergent thinking. Convergence is appropriate when one answer is required but in the case of culture and society, it matters if a person can adapt. Find answers to questions that have not been seen by any human ever. Make a diversity of possible answers and see what works, how when where, and why.

In conclusion, Intelligence has many components in a network that try to connect what are many ideas together at the same time. It is not a calculator. It is higher ordered. A simulator and evaluator. It corrects errors by looking at alternatives to the mismatch between imagination and reality. Yet imagination is the source of human intelligence, we look at philosophical questions such as “what is intelligence”. We create what is possible but new. And that has a mechanism, a back-and-forth internal comparison of information. To throw stuff on the wall and see what sticks. That is what the mind does, that is Intelligence.

edmaster111

Local time
-->
isn't this thread about power and will and the ubermensch haha

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
isn't this thread about power and will and the ubermensch haha

people have money and girls, that is not the uberman

the uberman is creative and beyond "human" concerns

he creates new values as a child would

the child is beyond the lion after it faces the dragon

to defeat the dragon you must be the woman first

and the woman is the anima of the lion

the lion becomes the dragon which is the obstacle to the women and the birth of the child

According to Jung, the anima is the feminine aspect in men. He believed that anima development has four distinct levels, which he named:

• Eve
  • Helen of Troy
  • Mary, mother of Jesus
  • Sophia
The first stage, Eve, is when the anima is indistinguishable from the personal mother. In the second stage, personified in the historical figure of Helen of Troy, the anima is a collective and ideal sexual image.

Jung believed that the integration of the anima requires the balance between the intellect and the instinct. He also said that one must not sacrifice the intellect for the anima, because this will also develop an unbalanced relationship with the anima.

Jung maintained that the psyche is a self-regulating system that strives to maintain a balance between opposing qualities. He called this process individuation.

edmaster111

Local time
-->
so then what will the ubermensch do if not those things

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
people have money and girls, that is not the uberman

the uberman is creative and beyond "human" concerns

he creates new values as a child would

the child is beyond the lion after it faces the dragon

to defeat the dragon you must be the woman first

and the woman is the anima of the lion

the lion becomes the dragon which is the obstacle to the women and the birth of the child
I call bullshit on this.
I think Jung had lots of things correct.
But a lot of things he said or did, were and are kind of hard to verify.
For instance the idea of anima and relationship with women is cultural, biased too.
Other problem is ubermensch is not I repeat not beyond human concerns.
I think what Nietzsche said was more about the fact we tend to repeat bullshit.
Essentially if your father was a Smith. You would become a Smith.
If you Mother is Christian, you become a Christian.
As profound as Nietzsche sounds I think a lot of what he says is kind of lukewarm albeit true.
We define things for ourselves best. Even in psychology this is true.
IN psychology this is called enmeshment.
You have parts of people living in you.
A healthiest person is self defined individual with their own unique personal take on reality. With in reason.

Realistically if I want to be the best version of my self I need to be the version that is most optimal. Optimal being the version that does the right thing, not because of some dictum from a book, or some law, or daddy or mommy issues, but because you yourself made it so. There in lies the pride and vigor of life.
Not to be a mere ghost of past. But present of now with what you make of yourself.
Kind of basic INTJ 101 really. He just gave his INTJ personality a ode of philosophy.

What he really meant I think is we tend to live in a cycle of being.
Eternal cycle of repeated folly.
Its not that we should somehow erase the past.
Because that would inevitably lead to failure.
But every enlightened person was and will always be unique in what they do, not because they are somehow special, but because they do the right thing, because the right thing is not some arbitrary standard from the past.

Also how are you doing?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Friedrich Nietzsche believed that a child-like spirit is important for happiness, health, and well-being. He said, "The child is innocence and forgetting, a new beginning, a game, a self-propelling wheel, a Sacred Yes".

Nietzsche outlined three metamorphoses that occur on the path to self-actualization: Man, Camel, Lion, Child.

The child is the final transformation. Nietzsche believed that the child achieves the transvaluation of all values.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) - Star Child Scene

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Realistically if I want to be the best version of my self I need to be the version that is most optimal. Optimal being the version that does the right thing, not because of some dictum from a book, or some law, or daddy or mommy issues, but because you yourself made it so. There in lies the pride and vigor of life.

Nietzchi did have issues.
His father was a priest and died when he was 12-13
And his love interest rejected him, he slept with prostitutes.

I just think that there is more to being an uberman than money and women ed talks about. But he is like 22 years old just about so girls and money are important to him right now.

I did not get to do much in life so I do not feel attached to money or women.

every enlightened person was and will always be unique in what they do, not because they are somehow special, but because they do the right thing, because the right thing is not some arbitrary standard from the past.

Also how are you doing?

I try to be unique.
I try to do the right thing.

I have seen many females in my dreams once I got used to being vulnerable and admitting to myself that I was.

Sex is interesting to me but it is not love. In my dreams or in my heart I want something I might not have. So I am familiar with some aspects of what maleness and femaleness are just by virtue of my dreams. They allow me to know what it would mean to be loved because I find in them a relationship to my deeper unconscious. That part which has all representations of the female. And it was only possible when I accepted myself in my emotions. Even so, I haven't allowed myself to fully heal and they keep returning infrequently. I am currently trying to build back up my sense of self so that I cannot be hurt so much by people. Dreams often happen in a calm emotional state. A little girl in my dream once told me not to drink grape soda because it would rot my teeth. This was a year after four of my teeth had to be replaced because I ate too many fruit rollups.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Nietzchi did have issues.
His father was a priest and died when he was 12-13
And his love interest rejected him, he slept with prostitutes.
Yeah, but lets face it. Those are not unusual or big issues per se.
Kind of like most people lose one parent at some point.
Being rejected is also not that unusual for males.

I try to be unique.
I try to do the right thing.
You don't have to try to be unique. You kind of always were and are.
The right thing is hard. Not necessarily because good things are hard.
Because sometimes its hard to figure out what the right things are.
Philosophy does not know answers to most questions. Its merely a construct to guide our thinking and being.

Sex is interesting to me but it is not love. In my dreams or in my heart I want something I might not have. So I am familiar with some aspects of what maleness and femaleness are just by virtue of my dreams. They allow me to know what it would mean to be loved because I find in them a relationship to my deeper unconscious. That part which has all representations of the female. And it was only possible when I accepted myself in my emotions. Even so, I haven't allowed myself to fully heal and they keep returning infrequently. I am currently trying to build back up my sense of self so that I cannot be hurt so much by people. Dreams often happen in a calm emotional state. A little girl in my dream once told me not to drink grape soda because it would rot my teeth. This was a year after four of my teeth had to be replaced because I ate too many fruit rollups.
Sex is a need. Everyone needs it, because we are mammals. So I have been told.
Might not have is one issue. Don't want is another. Make sure you know the difference.
Love is a variety of things. Its self love and its ability to connect with people.
Self love is good. But love for another being is not a dreamscape combo.

As for teeth, diet is everything. With proper diet, even brushing teeth is not that important.
Sugar is OK, but make sure its not all the time.
And floss after eating sour and sugar.
The best thing to do is have fiber foods. They don't just have impact on the gut microbiom, but also mouth microbiom.

edmaster111

Local time
-->
How the would the ubermensch be sure he was on the right path to success? Would he be real confident or maybe he reads things online he does a reality check or what

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->

High Estimation​

As IQ goes up it is harder and harder to judge what constitutes the quantity of intelligence as with ever-increasing amounts of intelligence a quality is also increased. Quality can be named as an archetype and this is why people have to compare people in groups to representatives of that group to be shown as an example of what is possible at that level of quality. I have made this list of examples given my intuition on what they represent, and how they created something of value to the world in its complexity.
I am not trying to be contrarian. But there is intellect that IQ simply does not measure.
I seriously doubt Da Vinci had IQ 200, not that is its possible to know, but actually we kind of know he was smart, but also worked hard.
Hard work means a lot. Another factor is Da Vinci was born in Italy renaissance.
One of the richest and if not most rich nations, sporting a culture of great economy and intellectual value.

I actually think he was smart, but .... first he was talented artist since a young child.
He was trained I think when he was 16 if not sooner. He made his whole career doing paintings for rich people.
His side projects were amazing, but at the same time, no one with his intellect today would have as much resources to do what he has done.
Realistically I would guess Da Vincis intellect between 130 to 160.
I think what really made Da Vinci the way he was was both high culture and the conditions he was born into, as well as personality, being a loner that is, and incessant drive, and of course his artistic abilities are not measured by any test today. You cannot measure inventiveness, creativity or even eye for geometry by IQ.
There are people with IQ 140 that can draw stick figures, and people with IQ 80 and can draw foto realistic pictures from memory.
Its bull.
IQ measures only the most valued thing in todays society. That is the logical and math brain parts.

Reasoning and abstract reasoning are not always part of IQ.
The more IQ you have the more you have it, but its not always correlated.
You can for instance be a INTP with IQ 100 and have higher abstract reasoning than a ESTP with IQ 200.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
How the would the ubermensch be sure he was on the right path to success? Would he be real confident or maybe he reads things online he does a reality check or what
The way I see this is, that we kind of have to learn this.
Its a continual process. It never ends with "and now you know" you never know, you just kind of learn on and on and adjust to facts, reality and situation, options etc.
For me hurting people is wrong. Its kind of general principal. Its not always true. Sometimes I do. But I do my best not to.
The other one is what is good. Goodness is relative to many factors and variables in life.
Also matter of learning.
Don't compare yourself to others. This kind of works in competition. Does not work otherwise.
Self assessment is best.
I kind of like this...

edmaster111

Local time
-->
Why would it take such a long time for the ubermensch to rise to power? is it because it's a very exclusive position or what?

edmaster111

Local time
-->
its not only power, the Übermensch can also enjoy what he will enjoy not just power bro

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Why would it take such a long time for the ubermensch to rise to power? is it because it's a very exclusive position or what?

uberman it is not a status position in society

lots of people have status

an uberman is different from a human as humans are different from chimps

humans don't understand the unberman the way chimps don't understand humans

uberman has more to do with imagining new ideas than getting bananas and females

bananas and females will only satisfy basic needs, they will not be the only things the ubermna cares about which are higher philosophical questions concerning creativity and purpose.

edmaster111

Local time
-->
oh so your backtracking all your previous ideas saying that the ubermensch was linked to power? wtf

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
But there is intellect that IQ simply does not measure.

IQ is not about a single measurement.

Reasoning and abstract reasoning are not always part of IQ.

They should be. That is why I made the statements I did.

The more IQ you have the more you have it, but its not always correlated.

I include in IQ all forms of intelligence, so I think that as I said it is hard to know when a person has more or less a higher level because ideas become harder to understand. We need to look at quality instead. It takes on intuitive characteristics then.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Its not measuring a single factor yes. Human skills are many.
But how do you explain that there are people with IQ 160 and the best they can do is a stick figure. Then you get an autistic kid with IQ less than average doing art work that exceeds skills taught in academics. That is just one skill though.
There thousands of things IQ does not measure in our intellect.
Einstein did not drive. Bill Gates got a speeding ticket. Both could be same level of smart, totally different people in every shape or form.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Its not measuring a single factor yes. Human skills are many.
But how do you explain that there are people with IQ 160 and the best they can do is a stick figure. Then you get an autistic kid with IQ less than average doing art work that exceeds skills taught in academics. That is just one skill though.
There thousands of things IQ does not measure in our intellect.
Einstein did not drive. Bill Gates got a speeding ticket. Both could be same level of smart, totally different people in every shape or form.

The traditional IQ test is looking for high executive functioning in the manipulation of information, yet it does not look at the perceptual resolution, so an IQ test looks at half of what humans do.

As a one-dimensional scale, IQ is not that good at telling us what humans can do other than the amount of data manipulation. All the other parts of human intelligence matters as well such as how it does so in the context of perception. I think that the brain network can be extremely asymmetrical in what it does so we should be looking for the network structure and how it functions in relation to intelligence. The way information is flowing within that system.

Top Bottom