• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTPs: how do you score on the Braverman Assessment?

What are your scores?

• Total voters

baccheion

Local time
Today 6:16 PM
-->
How do you score on the second part of the following quiz: http://advancedpsychcare.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/braverman.test.pdf? Reply with the actual scores.

Base stack:

- Active B-Complex (like AOR Active B-Complex)
- Fish Oil (triple strength)
- Magnesium (like Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium)
- Acetyl L-Carnitine (like Doctor's Best Acetyl-L-Carnitine)
- Vitamin D (if you think you need it; like Life Extension Vitamin D + K)

Dopamine:

- L-phenylalanine

- Quercetin (like Doctor's Best Quercetin/Bromelain)
- Vitamin C (goes with Quercetin)
- Forskolin (20% extract giving 50mg)
- EGCG (green tea extract; can cause liver damage if you have the related gene mutation)

Acetylcholine:

- Alpha-GPC

GABA:

- Glutamic Acid
- Gastrodin (like Life Extension Brain Shield)

Serotonin:

- L-Tryptophan

Sandglass

Pixelated
Local time
Today 3:16 PM
-->
For the deficiencies

Dopamine: 0
Acetylcholine: 2
GABA: 2
Serotonin: 3

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Dopamine: 14
Acetylcholine: 21
GABA: 14
Serotonin: 26

--
Hmm, I've been on Zoloft for about seven months- which is an SSRI, Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor
I wonder how that ties into this test?

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
Tomorrow 8:16 AM
-->
Dopamine:25
Acetylcholine:12
GABA: 4
Serotonin: 16

Nebulous

Local time
-->

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Here are my scores for the first part:
Dopamine: 22
Acetylcholine: 22
GABA: 11
Serotonin: 13

So Dopamine/Acetylcholine.

----------
For the second part (deficiencies):
Dopamine: 12
Acetylcholine: 9
GABA: 10
Serotonin: 8

-----------
Weird results.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
Yeah didn't do the second

baccheion

Local time
-->
Dopamine: 14
GABA: 14
Serotonin: 26

--
Hmm, I've been on Zoloft for about seven months- which is an SSRI, Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor
I wonder how that ties into this test?

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.
What would your results on the second part be pre-Zoloft (that is, what scores do you get if you take it as your pre-Zoloft self)?

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
.Def
Dopamine: 6
Acetylcholine: 11
GABA: 9
Serotonin: 7

Interesting results considering I have ADD.
My Dopamine sufficient character as described here started developing after Ritalin, but I still have lots of trouble concentrating.

baccheion

Local time
-->
.Def
Dopamine: 6
Acetylcholine: 11
GABA: 9
Serotonin: 7

Interesting results considering I have ADD.
My Dopamine sufficient character as described here started developing after Ritalin, but I still have lots of trouble concentrating.
How would you have scored before? Have you tried anything that increases acetylcholine (like racetams)? What about N-acetyl semax amidate?

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Today 12:16 PM
-->
It's funny how the symptoms for serotonin excess match the psychiatriac symptoms for lack of serotonin. I think I trust this more.

But didn't take test, just read personalities. I think I'm more influenced by serotonin and then acetylcholine. Not so much the others.

I think I'll try the supplement.

Lazy Vulpes

Useless clutter beneath my name.
Local time
Tomorrow 12:16 AM
-->
1A DOPAMIN: 28
2A ACETYLCHOLINE: 28
3A GABA: 14
4A SEROTONIN: 38

my scores are higher than what I could select in the poll, did I do something wrong?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
1A DOPAMIN: 28
2A ACETYLCHOLINE: 28
3A GABA: 14
4A SEROTONIN: 38

my scores are higher than what I could select in the poll, did I do something wrong?

you are supposed to be doing part B, not part A. :phear:

Lazy Vulpes

Local time
-->
you are supposed to be doing part B, not part A. :phear:

Shit, I hope part 2 is shorter...:kodama1:

Right, okay, here it is then :)

1B DOPAMINE DEFICIENCY: 4
2B ACETYLCHOLINE DEFICIENCY: 4
3B GABA DEFICIENCY: 15
4B SEROTONIN DEFICIENCY: 6

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
k took it, stopped being lazy.

22 Gaba deficiency
16 serotonin deficiency
16 Dopamine deficiency
15 Acetylcholine deficiency

so this crap should actually have an improvement?
GABA:
- Glutamic Acid

edit: I took the second part. Maybe I didn't answer that well. Did it fast. Or should I be in a mental institution? :phear:

Lazy Vulpes

Local time
-->

22 Gaba deficiency
16 serotonin deficiency
16 Dopamine deficiency

GABA:
- Glutamic Acid

edit: I took the second part. Maybe I didn't answer that well. Did it fast. Or should I be in a mental institution? :phear:

I'd actually also like to know more about how these pills are suppose to help..

Anyway, from a simple analysis, you seem like the kind of character that's content in a very dark place, it's almost as if you find enjoyment out of it.. I think you should take your result with a grain of salt. Sometimes, being miserable is the most healthy thing you can do.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Anyway, from a simple analysis, you seem like the kind of character that's content in a very dark place, it's almost as if you find enjoyment out of it.. I think you should take your result with a grain of salt. Sometimes, being miserable is the most healthy thing you can do.

well, yeah, some of the questions like "are you sad", I say yes but it's more schizoid sadness, not depression. Or going along with what other people want. I tend to go along with the flow just because it's easier, but yeah.

Then again, not sure if I find enjoyment out of it. It's more like it just speaks to me, if that makes sense.

but yeah,

baccheion

Local time
-->
It's funny how the symptoms for serotonin excess match the psychiatriac symptoms for lack of serotonin. I think I trust this more.

But didn't take test, just read personalities. I think I'm more influenced by serotonin and then acetylcholine. Not so much the others.

I think I'll try the supplement.

What symptoms are you experiencing? High serotonin levels usually results in panic, anxiety, social anxiety, OCD-like symptoms, etc. Low serotonin would result in thoughts of suicide, etc.

Shit, I hope part 2 is shorter...:kodama1:

Right, okay, here it is then :)

1B DOPAMINE DEFICIENCY: 4
2B ACETYLCHOLINE DEFICIENCY: 4
3B GABA DEFICIENCY: 15
4B SEROTONIN DEFICIENCY: 6

So supplements that increase GABA (like glutamic acid + gastrodin) may have positive effects on you. The other ones are low enough to not matter.

22 Gaba deficiency
16 serotonin deficiency
16 Dopamine deficiency

GABA:
- Glutamic Acid

If you took the second part of the quiz, then it sounds like everything is low (would benefit from taking everything I listed in the OP). You mentioned schizoid. If you have some sort of illness or disorder, you may have better luck looking into genetic testing (23andme, then upload to a site like SelfDecode) and/or NutrEval.

On the other hand, what symptoms do you experience, and how do you score on the following quiz: http://www.theantiagingdoctor.com/survey.htm

I'd actually also like to know more about how these pills are suppose to help..

L-phenylalanine is the precursor to dopamine and norepinephrine, glutamic acid is the precursor to glutamate and GABA, L-tryptophan is the precursor to serotonin, and alpha-GPC is the precursor to choline (to which acetyl L-carnitine supplies an acetyl group, resulting in acetylcholine).

B vitamins, vitamin C, and minerals are cofactors for neurotransmitter synthesis. Vitamin D is added as it's usually low and because it affects the dopamine system. Fish oil affects dopamine + acetylcholine + serotonin, and many don't get enough in their diet. It has other effects, but I can't remember what they are. The base stack is essentially just vitamins and minerals that are commonly taken.

Gastrodin inhibits GABA transaminase, thereby slowing the breakdown of GABA.

Quercetin is an MAO-B and COMT inhibitor. MAO-B clears out dopamine and PEA, and COMT clears out dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.

Forskolin results in TrkB upregulation, which increases sensitivity to dopamine. It also buffers against potential dopamine receptor downregulation caused by MAO-B inhibitors.

EGCG could potentially inhibit COMT. It also increases the absorption of quercetin.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
What symptoms are you experiencing? High serotonin levels usually results in panic, anxiety, social anxiety, OCD-like symptoms, etc. Low serotonin would result in thoughts of suicide, etc.

well I've had social anxiety for a while now. And it really depends on how much I have to be around people I'm not close to or don't know that well because I can't relax then. But in high school I remember being given Zoloft for it (which actually just made me feel like a zombie and didn't really help) and given that it's a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, it would increase serotonin. Just kind of funny the Braverman assessment says I would want to decrease serotonin. I guess I just don't have any faith in psychiatrists; maybe if they weren't influenced by the pharmaceutical companies to sell their drugs, it would be more sciencey and it would be pretty on point in helping people with chronic problems. I don't know.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Me currently:

1B- Dopamine deficiency- 13
2B- Acetylcholine deficiency- 5
3B- GABA deficiency- 17
4B- Serotonin deficiency- 13

--

Me last year; before Zoloft:

1B- Dopamine deficiency- 10
2B- Acetylcholine deficiency- 17
3B- GABA deficiency- 27

What the heck? Zoloft has something to do with Serotonin levels, so it's really weird that the one level that hasn't changed is Serotonin.

baccheion

Local time
-->
well I've had social anxiety for a while now. And it really depends on how much I have to be around people I'm not close to or don't know that well because I can't relax then. But in high school I remember being given Zoloft for it (which actually just made me feel like a zombie and didn't really help) and given that it's a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, it would increase serotonin. Just kind of funny the Braverman assessment says I would want to decrease serotonin. I guess I just don't have any faith in psychiatrists; maybe if they weren't influenced by the pharmaceutical companies to sell their drugs, it would be more sciencey and it would be pretty on point in helping people with chronic problems. I don't know.

Which describes you better?
- Low: https://area1255.blogspot.com/2016/04/symptoms-of-low-serotonin-levels-signs.html
- High: https://area1255.blogspot.com/2015/05/symptoms-signs-of-too-much-serotonin.html

Me currently:

1B- Dopamine deficiency- 13
2B- Acetylcholine deficiency- 5
3B- GABA deficiency- 17

--

Me last year; before Zoloft:

1B- Dopamine deficiency- 10
2B- Acetylcholine deficiency- 17
3B- GABA deficiency- 27

What the heck? Zoloft has something to do with Serotonin levels, so it's really weird that the one level that hasn't changed is Serotonin.

The before is more telling. According to it, you needed more GABA (glutamic acid + gastrodin, for example). Once you'd been taking those supplements for a few days, you'd retake the quiz to see what to add next.

For example, what results do you get if you ignore any symptoms already collected under GABA? That is, if you already said "My ability to focus comes and goes," then you wouldn't select anything similar elsewhere. You can then repeat, but with selections from GABA and the next #1 ignored. Etc..

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
baccheion, I haven't tried anything else, and I couldn't remember too well how I would have scored on the test before Ritalin. I'd be pretty different though.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 3:16 PM
-->
dominant nature:-----------deficiency:

dopamine:--------28----------13
acetylcholine:-----18----------16
gaba: -------------24----------14
serotonin: --------22----------13

have I missed something or is there no indicator of what is a high/low score?

baccheion

Local time
-->
dominant nature:-----------deficiency:

dopamine:--------28----------13
acetylcholine:-----18----------16
gaba: -------------24----------14
serotonin: --------22----------13

have I missed something or is there no indicator of what is a high/low score?

Mild: 0-5, moderate: 6-15, major: 15+

If you want to fix the deficits, you can start with the largest first, then take the quiz again to see which to fix next. That is, there's overlap among the sections, so maybe fixing the major deficits will greatly reduce the others ones. You could also ignore any questions that have similar ones in other sections, then see what scores result (total_true / total_unique).

A lot of stuff in the high is pretty relatable. Not really anything in the low.

There are things like shilajit that lower serotonin. Is anxiety the only symptom you're experiencing? What else?

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
There are things like shilajit that lower serotonin. Is anxiety the only symptom you're experiencing? What else?

Well,
Mostly I wake up a lot when sleeping and have to force myself out of bed when rested (like my brain hasn't realized it's time to get up) and I have a hand and foot tremor (essential, not parkinsons) now that shows up when my adrenaline pumps. Looking online says it's neurological so I kind of figured at 30 (yeah im old...) maybe I'm genetically predisposed. You think taking shilajit and that gaba stuff would help?

baccheion

Local time
-->
Well,
Mostly I wake up a lot when sleeping and have to force myself out of bed when rested (like my brain hasn't realized it's time to get up) and I have a hand and foot tremor (essential, not parkinsons) now that shows up when my adrenaline pumps. Looking online says it's neurological so I kind of figured at 30 (yeah im old...) maybe I'm genetically predisposed. You think taking shilajit and that gaba stuff would help?

Are you taking any medication? You can start with the GABA enhancers (+ base stack), then see what happens. You can then retake the quiz to see what to add next. You can also search around for symptoms of excess dopamine, acetylcholine, etc, to see if which fits more.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
dop 24
ac: 12
gaba 21
ser: 23

---

dop 11
ac: 14
gaba 19
ser: 15

Nebulous

Local time
-->
The before is more telling. According to it, you needed more GABA (glutamic acid + gastrodin, for example). Once you'd been taking those supplements for a few days, you'd retake the quiz to see what to add next.

For example, what results do you get if you ignore any symptoms already collected under GABA? That is, if you already said "My ability to focus comes and goes," then you wouldn't select anything similar elsewhere. You can then repeat, but with selections from GABA and the next #1 ignored. Etc..

I'd like to try this out.

People take GABA as a supplement to try to:

- Improve mood
- Relieve anxiety
- Improve sleep
- Help with premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
-Webmd

I mean all of these seem pretty great.

GABA is also the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter within the body. This makes it part of the brain’s natural self-regulation system to prevent over-excitement of your neurons from any external stimuli.
-Nootriment
HAH yeah this sounds great for me. I get overly worked up over lots of things.

I dunno. How do you recommend I go about fixing my GABA deficiency?
I read that it doesn't work when taken orally..?

baccheion

Local time
-->

-Webmd

-Nootriment

Gastrodin inhibits GABA transaminase (an enzyme that clears out GABA). Glutamic acid is the precursor to GABA and is able to cross the BBB. There's also gotu kola, which directly increases GAD67 (glutamic acid decarboxylase 67, the enzyme that creates GABA from glutamate), but I'm not sure if that will be necessary.

You can start with gastrodin, then add glutamic acid if it doesn't work well enough.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Are you taking any medication? You can start with the GABA enhancers (+ base stack), then see what happens. You can then retake the quiz to see what to add next. You can also search around for symptoms of excess dopamine, acetylcholine, etc, to see if which fits more.

no medications, heh.
I'm going to try the Gastrodin stuff and Shilajit to see if it does anything. Gastrodin apparently has been proven to aid in mental functioning and repair (activating genes). So that's pretty amazing, though I'm sure you already know this. But I guess it can be used as a Nootropic. Makes me wonder though, why don't I ever see stuff like this in the US? Skeptical about the Shilajit, but what the hell.

baccheion

Local time
-->
no medications, heh.
I'm going to try the Gastrodin stuff and Shilajit to see if it does anything. Gastrodin apparently has been proven to aid in mental functioning and repair (activating genes). So that's pretty amazing, though I'm sure you already know this. But I guess it can be used as a Nootropic. Makes me wonder though, why don't I ever see stuff like this in the US? Skeptical about the Shilajit, but what the hell.

You can try gastrodin alone to see how it affects you, then add in what helps with whatever symptoms are left. You can reply to this post again if you're not sure what else to add.

baccheion

Local time
-->
Anyone else willing to take the quiz? I'm trying to see if there are any trends.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
Today 11:16 PM
-->
don't remember the scores, because I took similar test a few days ago, but:
dopamine - very high
acetylcholine - the lowest, nearly 0
GABA - medium, but I have great deficit on it, so I bought yesterday 5 nootrops to boost it
serotonin - very low, but higher than acetylcholine

the dopamine is my major one, I think I'm somewhat similar to ENTJ, maybe it's my stressed shadow, I need to achieve, I need to win, I want to be always right and be the best at what I do; but I have some anxiety disorder, my feelings are not stable, it's because GABA deficyt. but some drugs should fix it, and they can decrease my dopamine, so maybe I will be more intp, and less shadowish entj

baccheion

Local time
-->

-Webmd

-Nootriment

Did you try any of the supplements recommended? What effects they have? What are your new scores?
no medications, heh.

What effects did the supplements have?

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
1B - 13
2B - 13
3B - 23
4B - 12
so GABA def.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
What effects did the supplements have?

Oh hey, I don't know if you're still around here, but they didn't really do shit. But I was looking into some of the stuff you mentioned here and how they effect neurochemistry and decided to try gaba enhancing supplements (other option was to try Primidone and beta-blockers prescribed from my doctor, which isn't very healthy in my opinion).

So I take some straight Gaba with L-arginine (which supposedly helps it cross the blood brain barrier) and Ashwagandha root for stress and holy shit this stuff almost completely got rid of my tremor (I can at least control it without much effort now) and lowered my anxiety a lot as well. Mix it in a smoothie. Pretty fucking amazing if you ask me. So thanks by the way. I probably wouldn't have stumbled on that without you making this thread.

baccheion

Local time
-->
Oh hey, I don't know if you're still around here, but they didn't really do shit. But I was looking into some of the stuff you mentioned here and how they effect neurochemistry and decided to try gaba enhancing supplements (other option was to try Primidone and beta-blockers prescribed from my doctor, which isn't very healthy in my opinion).

So I take some straight Gaba with L-arginine (which supposedly helps it cross the blood brain barrier) and Ashwagandha root for stress and holy shit this stuff almost completely got rid of my tremor (I can at least control it without much effort now) and lowered my anxiety a lot as well. Mix it in a smoothie. Pretty fucking amazing if you ask me. So thanks by the way. I probably wouldn't have stumbled on that without you making this thread.
Cool.

How much gastrodin did you take? For how long? What else was a part of the stack that didn't work?

Do you also take a multivitamin? Life Extension Two-per-day, Life Extension D + K, and Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium is one combo. AOR Ortho-Core is an even better multivitamin if comfortably affordable.

If a GABA enhancer worked, I wonder if magnesium will do something similar. On the other hand, ashwagandha does a lot more than act as a GABA mimetic. It icreases T4 to T3 conversion, acts like an MAOI, shifts serotonin balance/signaling from 5-HT1A to 5-HT2A, lowers stress hormones, acts like an adaptogen, etc.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 4:16 PM
-->
(deficiencies):
Dopamine: 16
GABA: 13
Serotonin: 16

ruminator

INTP 4w5
Local time
-->
Deficiency Results Summary
1B Total Number of True Responses - DOPAMINE Deficiency: 12
2B Total Number of True Responses - ACETYLCHOLINE Deficiency: 13
3B Total Number of True Responses - GABA Deficiency: 23
4B Total Number of True Responses - SEROTONIN Deficiency: 16

FYI there is an online version of this test:
https://www.bravermantest.com

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Cool.

How much gastrodin did you take? For how long? What else was a part of the stack that didn't work?

dis one. https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Gastrodin-Vegetarian-Capsules/dp/B00FPOEVK6 Tried it for about a month with a lot of shilajit for tea (https://www.amazon.com/Authentic-Shilajit-GENUINE-HIMALAYAN-SHILAJIT/dp/B0098TN3NA), but didn't notice any difference.

Do you also take a multivitamin? Life Extension Two-per-day, Life Extension D + K, and Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium is one combo. AOR Ortho-Core is an even better multivitamin if comfortably affordable.

If a GABA enhancer worked, I wonder if magnesium will do something similar.

Oh, I do take a magnesium supplement and a gummy multivitamin. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Calcium-Magnesium-Zinc-Coated-Caplets-250-Ct/10324581
When I started taking magnesium it made my dreams more vivid and I felt a lot better rested overall. So maybe I was deficient in that. But it did nothing for tremors or anxiety. I don't know if I need the multivitamin, but it tastes good. :)

On the other hand, ashwagandha does a lot more than act as a GABA mimetic. It icreases T4 to T3 conversion, acts like an MAOI, shifts serotonin balance/signaling from 5-HT1A to 5-HT2A, lowers stress hormones, acts like an adaptogen, etc.

hmm, I'm pretty ignorant about all this stuff. I'll try to look it up, but is any of this bad?? I hear it's similar to ginseng, which does make me feel pretty...not sure how to say it...cognitively balanced? or relaxed, content, calm or something like that (when I used to drink ginseng tea).

baccheion

Local time
-->
dis one. https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Gastrodin-Vegetarian-Capsules/dp/B00FPOEVK6 Tried it for about a month with a lot of shilajit for tea (https://www.amazon.com/Authentic-Shilajit-GENUINE-HIMALAYAN-SHILAJIT/dp/B0098TN3NA), but didn't notice any difference.

Oh, I do take a magnesium supplement and a gummy multivitamin. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Calcium-Magnesium-Zinc-Coated-Caplets-250-Ct/10324581
When I started taking magnesium it made my dreams more vivid and I felt a lot better rested overall. So maybe I was deficient in that. But it did nothing for tremors or anxiety. I don't know if I need the multivitamin, but it tastes good. :)

hmm, I'm pretty ignorant about all this stuff. I'll try to look it up, but is any of this bad?? I hear it's similar to ginseng, which does make me feel pretty...not sure how to say it...cognitively balanced? or relaxed, content, calm or something like that (when I used to drink ginseng tea).
No, not necessarily bad. Just things it does.

Top Bottom