• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

I have a theory concerning COVID and personalities.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 5:14 AM
-->
I think because of this pandemic, we'll have an uptick in personalities being more introverted, and that the population in general will see a rise in more introverted people. People aren't able to gather as much as they've used to, so extroversion isn't as being exercised as much.

It's a simple hypothesis- I wonder if anyone's testing this idea.

The longer this pandemic persists, the more introverted people become, and or more introverted babies will be born, because of the nature of society due to the pandemic.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 5:44 AM
-->
I don't know if anyone's testing it, but I've been talking to people about similar theories:
- "Generation C" will be more introverted and socially awkward than zoomers due to social distancing and fallout from corona
- Greater xenophobia corresponding to an uptick in disgust/fear signalling (observational conditioning)
- Behavioural momentum for introverted habits and hobbies due to the routines formed during lockdowns
- Greater divide between introverts and extroverts due to introverts now having an "ideological" justification for their behaviour. They're not awkward, they're just responsible. Justification for dismissal of extroverted tendencies, and distance between introverts and extroverts.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
Today 9:14 PM
-->
I'm unsure. At least in my area I get the feeling that the behaviour lockdown induces isn't seen as desired and that there's a strong desire for human connection. I can see people filling the dance halls, so to speak, when they re-open.

Zero-11

Redshirt
Local time
Today 10:14 PM
-->
covid doesn't exist, there is no pandemic or rather pandemics are all fake

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 11:14 PM
-->
Yeah I think wait a few years before judgment. The end result may be the exact opposite: more humans out there seeking meaningful human conduct.

The numbers are not yet in.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 5:14 AM
-->
Yeah I think wait a few years before judgment. The end result may be the exact opposite: more humans out there seeking meaningful human conduct.

The numbers are not yet in.

Yeah def, that's another good take. People might go wild after the vaccines are out.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
OK well this is just one year of covid so far. No need to make super grand conclusions.

My guess is the more adaptable people will come out of this stronger, and the less adaptable people will come out worse after covid.

Generally due to covid still spreading humanity will get worse of on overall scale minus the countries that got covid under control.

I can see trouble with people, who are moody, less happy etc. Its a vibe I cannot shake. I also see people who did not change much at all.
I also see people who lost jobs to end up in less than ideal conditions.

Those willing to learn will push forward and suckers will kick the bucket faster than you can say Geronimo.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
I don't know if anyone's testing it, but I've been talking to people about similar theories:
- "Generation C" will be more introverted and socially awkward than zoomers due to social distancing and fallout from corona
- Greater xenophobia corresponding to an uptick in disgust/fear signalling (observational conditioning)
- Behavioural momentum for introverted habits and hobbies due to the routines formed during lockdowns
- Greater divide between introverts and extroverts due to introverts now having an "ideological" justification for their behaviour. They're not awkward, they're just responsible. Justification for dismissal of extroverted tendencies, and distance between introverts and extroverts.
Do you think we will end up with Elois and Morlocks?

20151117-morlocks-y-eloi.jpg

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 11:14 PM
-->
the only rational conclusion. there will be the world-dwellers and the inhabitants of the tehcno-hive. It's already like that now, if you add the slum biome and the rampant poverty which drives millions on in search of sustenance.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Tomorrow 1:44 AM
-->
Unsure about what this has to do with introversion and extroversion since the isolation/overcrowding is mostly transient. It is not WW3 and the world is not going to end.

There is a marked increase in mental unstability among the already debilitated population and a higher prevalence of depression that can cause more temporary introversion among the afflicted. However, imo, the net levels of extraversion are not going to change

moody

Local time
Today 1:14 PM
-->
@BurnedOut

I think it’s not so much introversion/extroversion that will change, so much as awkwardness. This pandemic is definitely making people regress in social skills (and mental health, but you already mentioned that).

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Today 10:14 PM
-->
I will make a baby if anyone is interested to test out the theory. But I can not do it alone.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
@BurnedOut

I think it’s not so much introversion/extroversion that will change, so much as awkwardness. This pandemic is definitely making people regress in social skills (and mental health, but you already mentioned that).
Social skills?
Going to a party of whatever kind is not a social skill.
This pandemic is where social skills really matter.
Connecting over beer is not social skill.
Skills are about having actually ability to do something that is not easy.

So if anything this pandemic should make people work on social skills and improve on them since there are incentive which sometimes are almost existential.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Today 1:14 PM
-->
Maybe people will grow up to be a little more independent since they cannot rely on others to help. That would be a nice change.

The extraverted teens are probably ignoring the rules anyway. Good on them. The introverts are just using covid as an excuse to do what they would have anyways. Especially your typical socially lazy INTP.

The main problem is when the younger kids can't go to school but places doing that should protest and put their leaders on a figurative guillotine.
An issue happening with early age kids is that they cannot see facial expressions due to masks. This can impact emotional growth and empathy.
Another issue is that kids need physical interaction and more concrete direction to learn.

Top Bottom