• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

Humans are the only species that get together on ideas and..

onesteptwostep

I'm smart and stuff.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:58
strive to live with other people with the same agenda/motives/lifestyles. I find that interesting. Like take a pack of wolves or a horde(?) of monkeys. They seem a lot more inclined to stay together because of kinship and not because of ideals/ideas. I mean some of us do life on a baseline foundation of kinship/family/clan, but there's stuff like nationality, religion, social progression, which could or could not accumulate into political or population groups which leads to the collective way of life. I mean I guess it's really due to the ability to form ideas is what makes us, or at least some of us (those not inclined to postmodernism), to take on teleological leanings.

/thoughtofday

Local time
Today, 20:58
I'm actually a bit curious about sympathy. How much of it is being told by others we're behaving bad vs how much is being able to sympathize with other beings?

I mean, if nobody ever tells you you are treating someone bad or is ignoring someone's emotional well being, how much would you care?

To what degree is our sympathy dependent on knowledge

Local time
Today, 12:58
The capacity to reason is due to innate features of development and exposure to ideas. Some 4-year-olds in history have understood philosophy better than some 30-year-olds. Norbert Wiener was one such 4-year-old. (Look up his biography) He invented cybernetics. Teleology, as I discovered, is about selective attention and that the brain is one big attention mechanism that grows and developers better selection.

Being understood is part of selection. Highly dependent on personality agreement and disagreement may or may not push others away. It is about the attitude one has and the attachment one has to ideas and people. Objective detachment is a personality trait. Most psychologists have it. But an attitude may make things difficult. A belief in a stringent school of psychology that must be followed in bounds of patient treatment leaves little room for understanding. Normal relationships are based on these bounds as well. The rigid and inflexible vs the flexible. Depends on what you can tolerate and what resonates with you.

Top Bottom