• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Health Articles

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
Today 9:17 AM
-->
This thread will be for Health Articles anyone finds interesting or informative.

Here is a great youtube on how different blood pressure medicines work.
Nobody has ever explained it this well that I've heard before:

And Dr. Mercola says to cut out grains and sugars. (Insulin causes high blood pressure). Cut out breads, pasta, rice, potatoes and fruits. Exersize with aerobics and weight training slowly, up to one hour per day. Vitamin D3 lowers and normalizes it. Omega 6 to 3 ratio s/b 25 to 1. High quality fatty acids.

And, I'm adding this: Take Kyolic Garlic and Healthy Heart supplements as well. And try Breathe Right Strips OR Nose Vents help when you sleep, nose breathing helps blood pressure for some reason.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 2:17 PM
-->

I find with medicine it is hit and miss, but I like this channel, he talks about relatively new stuff, that most people in medicine still don't talk about.
Its actually amazing how mainstream medicine is so far behind in many new ideas, concepts and knowledge.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 7:17 AM
-->
The Thyroid Gland, Liver, Pancreas, and Fat Metabolism

The thyroid gland plays a crucial role in regulating metabolism and fat metabolism. Thyroid hormones influence the breakdown and storage of fats, as well as the production of bile acids, which aid in fat digestion and absorption. Thyroid hormones also affect glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity, which can further impact fat storage.

Hypothyroidism and Fat Metabolism

Hypothyroidism, characterized by low thyroid hormone levels, leads to slowed metabolism and impaired fat breakdown. This can contribute to increased fat accumulation in the liver and inner organs.

Hyperthyroidism and Fat Metabolism

Hyperthyroidism, characterized by excessive thyroid hormone levels, increases energy expenditure and fat breakdown. This can initially lead to weight loss, but it can also cause abnormal fat distribution and muscle wasting.

The Liver and Fat Metabolism

The liver plays a central role in metabolism, including fat storage, release, and processing. Thyroid hormones influence liver function by regulating glucose storage and release, promoting fat breakdown, and stimulating bile acid production.

The Pancreas and Fat Metabolism

The pancreas produces insulin, a hormone that regulates blood sugar levels. Thyroid hormones directly stimulate insulin secretion and influence insulin sensitivity, affecting how cells respond to insulin.

Blood Pressure and Thyroid Function

Thyroid hormones also affect blood pressure. Hypothyroidism can lead to low blood pressure, while hyperthyroidism can cause high blood pressure.

Managing Thyroid Disorders for Optimal Fat Metabolism and Blood Pressure

Proper management of thyroid disorders is essential for maintaining normal fat metabolism, preventing excessive fat accumulation, and controlling blood pressure. Treatment for hypothyroidism typically involves thyroid hormone replacement therapy, while treatment for hyperthyroidism may involve medication or surgery to reduce thyroid hormone production.

Lifestyle Factors for Optimal Fat Metabolism and Blood Pressure

In addition to treating thyroid dysfunction, adopting a healthy lifestyle can further promote optimal fat metabolism and blood pressure control. This includes maintaining a balanced diet, engaging in regular exercise, and achieving a healthy weight.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
And Dr. Mercola says to cut out grains and sugars. (Insulin causes high blood pressure). Cut out breads, pasta, rice, potatoes and fruits. Exersize with aerobics and weight training slowly, up to one hour per day. Vitamin D3 lowers and normalizes it. Omega 6 to 3 ratio s/b 25 to 1. High quality fatty acids.
I know I am not normal case of human, but would you believe me if I told you that I lost weight by eating 6 times a day 12 portions of food? My blood pressure got better, and I smoked a pack a day.
INTP science applied to life.
Guess how I did it?

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Ok, how? What types of foods did you eat?
I do know that when I add mushrooms and butter for some reason I can lose weight better.

Potential Health Benefits of Butter It's rich in nutrients like bone-building calcium and has compounds linked to lower chances of obesity. Butter can also be part of a low-carbohydrate diet, which may help people better maintain their weight or lose weight quicker than they would with a low-fat diet.

Also, certain viruses can make people obese because they change insulin sensitivity.

Reishi mushroom is absolutely amazing. That reminds me, I need to take my mushroom complex supplement more.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Ok, how? What types of foods did you eat?
I was on a 9 day vacation to the beach. I swam all day and sun bathed all day.
The food was everything. I ate ham, fish, chicken, burgers, cakes, cupcakes, pancakes, bread, I ate fruits, vegetables, I ate everything, salmon, probably all versions of meat.

Now you might have heard that without diet restriction losing weight is not possible.
But generally I spent all day swimming in the sea, then laying in sun, sleeping 9 hours, and enjoying my cigs. That is how simple it is. I must add I am rather intense swimmer.
Not a pro. I swim like a half crippled dog, but the calory burn of swimming is insane.
Then changing hot sun with cold sea, leads to temperature differences that expends energy.
Essentially I lost some 6 kilos in 9 days. That is about 13 pounds.
Now you might be wondering if that is possible, and the answer is yes.
There is lots of myths around losing weight and stuff, but nothing beats good exercise and sleep and food and sun.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Its intense exersize and play! Nine days! Yes, I can see how that would burn a lot of energy.
And the meals - you must have been burning a lot of calories swimming!

I'm going to try walking and light running - seems like the treadmill run made my head feel so much better afterward.
But right now, there are strong sun flares which make me weaker than usual, so I'm taking it easy and plan to start soon.
You don't have to watch this, just know November 20-27th, strong sun flares affect hearts and energy.

Also, the geomagnetic storms can also affect Volcanic activity, which is very active right now.

Volcanic activity in Iceland and Java and Etna and likely many more:

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Yes I was burning calories. Never felt tired, infact after coming home I was super relaxed.
For my body exercise is like healing.
Swimming, can be replaced by walking and running yes.
It depends on type of metabolism you have.

Low energy is very big barrier to feeling truly alive.
I suggest if you want to feel alive do 1 streching exercise 1 cardio thing and the walk thing run thing.
If you have heart condition its hard for cardio.
What really works for me is cardio to make me feel energized.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
No heart condition - just turned out to be hypertension and elevated cholesterol.
I don't really like meds, so I'm going to try everything else besides BP pills, but I might have to start them.
Doing Kyolic garlic and switching diet to reduce insulin issues.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
I don't really like meds,
Avoid those meds as much as possible. You are right meds are not the solution.
If I understand correctly you are at a age where hormones start to go down a bit.
To keep hormone production up keep your metabolism up.
If you have good heart its great.
If I want to really get my heart pumping real fast all I do is run on the spot for 5 min.
Its easy and its enough to keep my metabolism up for whole day.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Attaching a pdf article from Dr. Mercola. It says cholesterol isn't the cause of heart disease, inflammation is. Inflammation can be caused by leaky gut issues. Try healing leaky gut by eliminating beans, legumes and grains and dairy from the diet for a month. Take krill oil and garlic supplements like kyolic garlic, vitamin D3 and K2 and eat fish like fatty salmon and avocados and apples. Also magnesium reduces inflammation very well.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Do not eat Cheerios or Quaker Oats. High levels of pesticides are in these. Look for non gmo Bobs Red Mill Oats instead.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
tryptophan, phenylalanine, GABA, glutamine, tyrosine

She says these five supplements cure all mood disorders.
Upon awakening, take L Tyrosine and within minutes you'll be clear thinking. Do that before you eat or drink anything else.

Skip to 30 minutes in - its a lot of gab otherwise.

Top Bottom