• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

For those that likes old books (pics)

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:35 AM
-->
I have beside me a really old book I want to share with you.

As you can see from this picture, it says "prentet i kiøbenhaffn/af Lorentz Benedict 1564" or something of that sort. Which means, in danish, "printed in Copenhagen by Lorentz Benedict 1564". Lorentz Benedict seems to have been, after a quick google search, a book printer active during the later half of the 16th century.
The book, in Danish, is called Huspostille and is written by "Doct. Morten Luther" (Martin Luther). I did some searches and found this page which seems to be the book in question as it says exactly the same as this one does, as shown in the picture, except that it's in german "Hauspostill uber die Sontags und der fürnemesten Feste Evangelien, durch das gantze Jar" etc. and it seem to match pretty decently with the time this book was printed.

Here are some more photos:

It looks nice, doesn't it? :) It's quite the feeling looking through and holding a book that is close to 450 years old.

Ozymandias

Person
Local time
Today 5:35 AM
-->
Is it yours? Should be worth quite a bit I suppose.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:35 AM
-->
Is it yours? Should be worth quite a bit I suppose.
It belongs to my family. I think we will go to some antique expert to find out how much it's worth. Not sure how much it can be. In any case it's better to hold on to it.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 8:35 PM
-->
Mystic. What's the subject?

Noise

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:35 PM
-->
Nothing beats reading like the scent of old books. It's also one of the reasons why I visit the library. Just can't get enough of that book smell.

ecsange

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:35 PM
-->
Gorgeous. I love old books. Digital just does not offer the fullness of experience. But it will be interesting to see how that evolves.

ecsange
Book Marketing Manager: Cathedral of Dreams by Terry Persun; A Kingdom's Possession, Nicole Persun
Booktrope Publishing
www.booktrope.com
www.booktropepublishing.com

Read for free.:king-twitter:

Top Bottom