• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Epigenetics and Memory

Local time
Today 3:18 AM
-->
This is a great article because it articulates the complexities of epigenetics in layman's terms, an excellent piece of public engagement iidssm:

http://discovermagazine.com/2013/ma...ve-epigenetic-mark-on-your-genes#.UhHZLJLVB-f

Might the mechanism of epigenetics be, on a grand scale, the shared generic mechanism of memory on the individual scale? If grandma's bipolar disorder can produce a grandson with increased susceptibility to PTSD, then is our stored collection of information the perpetuator, or perpetuation, of a stream of consciousness that exists independently of the individual "you" or "me"?

I find this idea to be more accurate than conventional descriptions of memory as a means to physically store information, which are... nebulous at best.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 3:18 AM
-->
I tend to see it as a keyboard and some keys are primed so when you hit keys near the primed keys also the primed keys get played. :kodama1:Thats all. ZEnraiden

Top Bottom