• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Could you help me with my work?

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 7:21 PM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
i'm currently freelancing for some cheap enterprise and they sent me a pokemon go promotion text to translate to spanish lol and i think it's shitty as fuck (it's from some baltic magazine, don't ask me why they want spanish version, i don't even know if i'm understanding it as i should, this is the most wtf part in the whole thing:

"Players have already noticed that different places have high chances to spawn a specific Pokémon like Rattata or Zubats while another area will have Spearow and Pidge and so on. The Pokémon GO game mechanics tend to cycle several types of Pokémon in a certain area where you can find Eevee or Drowzee which are rare to find in some areas."

Could you translate to english? XD

Are they just saying that some pokemons are less likely to appear and are linked to a specific area and the game randomly spawns all over the place more normal pokemons?

I'm not sure if this is a serious job anymore. Gonna send them a virus in a winrar file with the .doc
I've done already some shit with them but this one is awful. really.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 8:21 PM
-->
I would just translate as literally as possible. You're not responsible for their cluttered redundancy and poor language. :D

Personally i find the text charming but it sure is amateurish.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 8:21 PM
-->
"Players have already noticed that different places have high chances to spawn a specific Pokémon like Rattata or Zubats while another area will have Spearow and Pidge and so on. The Pokémon GO game mechanics tend to cycle several types of Pokémon in a certain area where you can find Eevee or Drowzee which are rare to find in other areas."

Fixed.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:21 PM
-->
1. There are areas with higher spawn rates for a given pokemon.
2.There are certain areas with higher pokemon randomness (changes of cycles of appearances) where you can also usually find Drowzee and Eve.

The original text is written like shit. I wouldn't worry too much and just try to convey the logic of the game mechanics to your language.

I don't recommend literal translation, it is useless and sucks for people reading it. Try to be descriptive instead.

If you want to be dilligent, check how pokemon go works to understand what they tried and failed to explain in the text so that you can convey it yourself.

Top Bottom