• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Anthropology - an INTP interest?

majohnso

Local time
Today 2:48 AM
-->
hi all,

i know its common that INTP types find philosophy and associated learnings alluring. now i was keen to find out if this also captured anthropology.

its a topic that fascinates me - specifically paleo anthropology but my interest does go wider - unfortunately picked up only in the last few years.

i feel the interest is intp related, with trying to understand myself in the broader context

are others interested in this, and if so in what shape / fashions?

any book tips also

thanks

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
Yesterday 9:48 PM
-->
Hm, anthropology per se may not be one of the tops of my interests list, but I do like it, I also enjoy sociology, history and politics, and in the end, when you research enough, you realize they're all of the same.

It's very awesome to understand how from the first crops in the Middle East or Babylon we became this in only a couple milenia (nothing compared to Earth's age... or even how many time some animal species have been here, like modern mammals have around 5 million years or so).

But TBH, what's more interesting for me is ancient history. Greece, Rome, Babylon... it's awesome.

Oh and btw, why is this thread duplicated? I saw this on "the lounge" too.

majohnso

Local time
-->
thanks

i duplicated it, as i didnt know where it should be housed

Local time
-->
I am an INTP who used to be obsessed with anthropology. I was in particular obsessed with archaeology and forensic anthropology. I even went to a summer camp for forensic anthropology. I would have probably went to college for it except for the fact that there are not many jobs available.

majohnso

Local time
-->
I am an INTP who used to be obsessed with anthropology. I was in particular obsessed with archaeology and forensic anthropology. I even went to a summer camp for forensic anthropology. I would have probably went to college for it except for the fact that there are not many jobs available.

that is quite interesting, i am looking into doing courses into it. i already have a career, but thinking more as a hobby, as i am investigative by nature but also really like the topic - more on the prehistory side

if you mind me asking, do you regret not studying it? what did you do instead?

Local time
-->
that is quite interesting, i am looking into doing courses into it. i already have a career, but thinking more as a hobby, as i am investigative by nature but also really like the topic - more on the prehistory side

if you mind me asking, do you regret not studying it? what did you do instead?

That's cool you're taking classes for it. The evolution/prehistory part is fascinating as well.

I am applying for colleges right now so I haven't actually went to college yet. I just chose not to pursue it for a career when choosing a major. I (for right now) am pursuing bioinformatics as there are more jobs in the field. I don't regret not studying it because, like you, I would rather pursue it as a hobby. I might take an elective class or two just as an interest.

Top Bottom