• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

So I'm getting a job and leaving

Volstar

home is where your heart is
Local time
Today 8:19 PM
-->
So after a long time of being in my country becoming better at stuff and finishing formal education i have decided to move abroad again. I have found some opportunities for working. I won't go full into details but I decided not to get a normal job. Instead I'll be doing a volunteer job that gives me money, food, transportation and accommodation. Propulsed by one of my friends who's already doing the same in another place.
I was accepted for Germany and i'm doing another interview for a position in Croatia on monday and i'm kinda nervous about it because i prefer the work for this one.

The Croatia one is in a small city in the coast. Looks like the perfect place to go in holidays. Beautiful beaches, clear water so on. The job will be about doing stuff that i have done before in normal life jobs and new stuff that I'm very interested in. Practical audio visual - communication stuff / that means doing everything that comes via audio and images; they have a radio, graphic studio and they conduct cultural activities in the city. A lot of fun cultural, art/music related stuff.

Now the German one which i have been already accepted is in Hamburg. It's rainy and cold which is something that I love and also it's noisy and populated which means more things to do, so I could go to punk concerts, go to see Bundesliga football matches so on. They even provide me with a bicycle for d stunts. I'm also interested in learning German.
The problem is that, the job, sadly, is not something that I'm particularly interested in and I have never done before.
It's about working with kids. So that's a bit of a con for me. I don't consider myself an empath but I am not an asshole either. I like kids, i just don't know if I will be a good fit for it because I'm the type of lazy pessimistic person who is not very proactive in terms of entertaining/taking care of other people, I suck at this type of brainstorming teamwork.

The thing about a small coast town is that I don't think there will be much to do after work. Besides chillin and swimming. Which I won't deny that by itself sounds pretty lit. Another con is that bigger cities nearby are like 3 hours away by bus.
Mind that i'm not certain about being accepted to croatia but it's known that once these people schedule an interview with you is because they think you are a good fit, so unless your room looks like you are an hikikomori you'll be fine.

My scores would be as follows:
Croatia / Germany

Job: 5/1
Free time: 3/5
Weather: 4/4 Im happiest between - 5° to 24° so this has to be a tie giving the fact that I might get bored of too many rainy days or too many sunny days
Cities nearby and connections: 1/5

So that's objectively a 13/15 to Germany. But job should be a priority. So I'm very confused about what to do. I'm not considering the accommodation because I've been shown both and I have no complaints.
I'm leaving in about 2 weeks to whatever place i decide to accept.
BTW i have already applied for these things before, last year, i was also accepted but i wasn't pleased with the locations and accomodation conditions so at the end i didn't go to any. I have been delaying this for so long, i don't really know why.

Aviator8

I wanted to be a star, so i irradiated myself
Local time
Today 1:19 PM
-->
how much choice do you really have in this-since you aren't sure about the Croatia one?

Volstar

Local time
-->
how much choice do you really have in this-since you aren't sure about the Croatia one?

i'm almost sure because every interview i've done with this organization i have been accepted, instead i have declined like 4 of them already

Aviator8

Local time
-->
well I think the Croatia one sounds better because the job is something you wold enjoy and as far as things to do while there might not seem like enough Intps can be famous for not needing to go out and do things-and on top of that you can always do random things like build a fusor in your basement or set up a lab and run experiments in your free time which is fun and wont get boring nearly as easily as a child care position. you can build a submarine since it is costal...over here the cartels build them all the time...there is more to life than going to concerts and cafes, and if the transit time between cities bothers you you can make a faster transport (ultralight aircraft etc...) as far as germany there is more external things you would like, but is it worth it to have a job you hate? that's a forces 9 hours a day (if you are lucky enough to not need a second job to support yourself and the job gives you enough hours) that you don't enjoy and free time that you do, or work that you enjoy and free time that you can make something of.

Aviator8

Local time
-->
in other words you can change your free time to become enjoyable, but you cant change how your employer runs his business for your own preference.

Volstar

Local time
-->
i'll be fine on money, i still have enough of my own and i'll get free meals and a certain amount of money for the job.
i might be a bit too rich for the "humble" experience actually.

but yeah i'm kinda super hyped and i'm not thinking clearly, partially because i'm already scared of the flight.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:19 PM
-->
Ultimately the social environment and the job itself is what is going to determine whether you will feel satisfied. I dont know how you can put as much weight to weather as to everything else.

Volstar

Local time
-->
Omg. You guys were right.
I did the interview and turns out that I still have to wait other 2 weeks cuz the girl is now going to select 3 candidates. WTF. Such bureocrazy.
I swear out of like 5 or 6 interviews i did for this type of job its the first time ever that they don't tell me straight away in the interview that I'm in. And also she said that the job is going to start in October 1st. So get rekt. By then I would be already working for the other one. But I had good vibes about it. Damn the odds.
Why. Really why. Intps u bring me bad luck

Volstar

Local time
-->
Also extremely hot interviewer. Wow.

Volstar

Local time
-->