• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Redbaron's VTTRPG

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Tomorrow 3:11 AM
-->

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:11 AM
-->
Not allowing primal iron as a starting material. It has a flat cost of 3,000gp for enchantment + 3x cost of normal weapon. Long story short, you can't afford it.
Fair enough.

So no 3rd party stuff, well there goes my Souleater multiclass.
It's probably for the best anyway there's no telling what would have happened if I'd been caught skulking around murdering people and stealing their souls to sell to daemons.

Can I still have Silkweave stuff? (no reason I just like the sound of it)

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
I'll allow the silkweave bag to start, but availability of such a material is hard to find in the lands you'll be traversing in the campaign.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:11 AM
-->
I love a frenchman who can ram bread down a dying man's throat.

(as long as he's not just an 8th level mime PRETENDING to coup de grace someone.)

5371104996_78c35eb780.jpg

Fear me.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'll allow the silkweave bag to start, but availability of such a material is hard to find in the lands you'll be traversing in the campaign.
It's the Jinbei (Monk Outfit) the satchel bag is just half size and I'm switching it for a common backpack because I don't need to save weight anymore.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Updated character details below

Takashi Kobayashi, 18yrs, 5ft 6in, 140lbs, 22.59 BMI
Male, Kitsune, Sorcerer, Vampiric Bloodline
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Elven, Tengu
Traits: Change Shape, Kitsune Magic, Low-light Vision, Natural Weapons (bite), Gregarious.

Updated Ability Scores V2
STR 10 (0)
DEX 9 (-1)
CON 7 (-2)
INT 17 (+3)
WIS 11 (0)
CHA 20 (+5)
Racial modifiers (DEX/CHA+2 & STR-2) already applied.

Light Load 33lb
Medium Load 34-66lb
Heavy Load 67-100lb

Equipment
Monk's Outfit (Jinbei)* 5gp 2lb (+5gp -1lb Silkweave) still under 10gp so free
Outfit, Peasant's 1sp 2lb (+5gp Tear-Away Clothing)
Outfit, Scholar's 5gp 6lbs (+5gp Tear-Away Clothing)
Kit, healer's 50gp 1lb
Tools, Surgeon's tools 20gp 5lbs
Common Backpack 2gp 2lb 2ft^3 capacity
Spear 2gp 6lb
Mask* (fox, unpainted white) 4sp
Silk Rope 10gp 5 lbs

Total GP Cost: 100gp 5sp
Remaining money: 4gp 5sp
Total Item Weight: 28lb

1*: A Jinbei is a very comfortable and very light form of traditional Japanese clothing, it's essentially the same as a t-shit and a pair of shorts, I actually own this outfit myself in real life and I use it as sleepwear, it's very informal clothing and the next closest thing to being naked in terms of comfort, for a travelling kitsune with only 5 strength I couldn't think of anything more appropriate, the shoes are no different to typical monk sandals.

2*: A yet unpainted white paper mâché fox mask, made from parchment, animal glue and scrap linen for the straps, special ability +5 resistance to homesickness.

Level 0 Spells
Daze
Detect Magic
Mage Hand
Ghost Sound

1st Level (5 castings first level)
Sleep
Hypnotism

Racial/Bloodline/Feat Spells
Vampiric Touch (bloodline) 7 uses
Dancing Lights (racial trait) 3 uses
Disguise Self (magical tail) 2 uses

Traits
Nonchalant Thuggery
Insistent Benefactor

Skills
3pts Bluff (+12)
2pts Intimidate (+8)

Backstory
Born in the Far East to an unknown father Takashi was a kitsune like any other until his early teens when the first few grey hairs started appearing, in kitsune society being born with white fur elevates one to a position of prestige but he was not born white and despite his mother's hopes he displayed no aptitude as a oracle, indeed the oracle that tested him could see no destiny in him at all. So physicians were called and though they could not explain why it was their professional opinion that he was dying of some manner of wasting disorder, thus his peers took the oracle's words to mean he was doomed to live an unnaturally short life for simply lacking a destiny.

Though treated kindly Takashi soon grew tired of and even secretly resented the pity he received and the fatalistic way his community regarded him, he was removed from work and study on several occasions so he could attend social events, so he could get the most out of life, but this special attention only frustrated him more. On his seventeenth birthday the issue of him hiding in his human form came up when an elder swept a hand through Takashi's now almost totally grey hair, in this moment Takashi lashed out with a magic he didn't know he possessed and commanded the elder (enforced by hypnotism) "don't look at me, don't touch me, stay away from me" and sure enough he did.

In kitsune culture the expectation is that after an outburst like that one should apologise but whenever he tried the elder wouldn't remain in the room or look at him, everyone soon understood it was a magical mishap but the symbolism was there, the elder would not accept his apology and still heavily favouring his human form Takashi decided he should leave. A few months after his eighteenth birthday he awoke to discover himself in his natural form, he kept his eyes closed because he didn't want to see how grey his fur had become but there was something different that pleased him greatly, he had grown a second tail, a kitsune that has nine is said to become immortal, only seven more to go.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Max 1 rank per level per skill. You'll need to reallocate 2 from bluff and 1 from intimidate.

Need to specify how many charges of each spell you have memorized. You could have 3 sleep 2 hypnotize for example. The only way to recharge them is to rest. To memorize new spells you need to change your spellbook, then rest.

Other than that all good.

And god damnit why can't people use a sheet template D=

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 1:11 PM
-->
Here's the basic data so far (I can give you a sheet too):

Cacia
Female Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 0)
NG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +3; Senses Perception +3
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 11 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs. Charm and Compulsion Effects
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee chakram +2 (1d8+2) and
. . masterwork wakizashi +4 (1d6+2/18-20) and
. . spear +3 (1d8+3/×3) and
. . wakizashi +3 (1d6+1/18-20)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 10
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 16 (17 vs. disarm, 17 vs. grapple)
Feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency (wakizashi), Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (wakizashi)
Traits dangerously curious, focused disciple, heirloom weapon (weapon proficiency)
Skills Intimidate +4, Knowledge (engineering) +6, Perception +3, Ride +5, Survival +2 (+4 to avoid becoming lost when using this), Use Magic Device +5
Languages Common, Dwarven, [+1 more]
SQ horrific scar
Combat Gear caltrops, oil (2); Other Gear lamellar (leather) armor, chakram, masterwork wakizashi, spear, wakizashi, ioun torch ioun stone, backpack, masterwork, bedroll, belt pouch, candle (5), cards, charcoal stick (2), compass, earplugs, flint and steel, parchment (3), sewing needle, silk rope (50 ft.), soap, tattoo, trail rations (3), twine (50'), 15 gp, 8 sp, 4 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Compass +2 circumstance for Survival or Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to avoid becoming lost.
Earplugs +2 save vs. hearing effects, -5 hearing-based Perception.
Focused Disciple When weaker wills falter, you keep a clear mind. You gain a +2 trait bonus on saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.
Horrific Scar Impacts Diplomacy negatively.
Ioun torch This item is merely a burned out, dull gray ioun stone with a continual flame spell cast upon it. It retains the ability to float and orbit, and allows the bearer to carry light and still have his hands free. It may be in any crystalline shape common to ioun stones (ellipsoid, prism, sphere, and so on).

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Um, I know the Wakizashi is an heirloom piece and you get it for standard cost price, but I'm a bit puzzled as to how you could possibly afford any weapon to be +anything.

Masterwork Prices

It's 300g just to add a +1 bonus to a weapon. As for the Wakizashi heirloom piece:

Heirloom Weapon

So you can take a Wakizashi+1 OR a Wakizashi with a +2 CMB to Disarm, Trip, Sunder etc. In fairness I did mistake the trait for another one which allows one starting item worth up to 600g. Yet even with a 600g cap the most you could get out of it is a +2 enhancement.

The rest is A-OK. Character sheet isn't needed until about 1 hour before we start on Saturday, so no rush.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Those aren't magical plusses -- those are my hit values with those items.

Don't ask me why Heroes Lab set up the info block that way, it's confusing to read. I have no magical weapons. A +1 magic weapon is 2000gp. A masterwork just gives a +1 to hit but it isn't magic and doesn't count as a magic weapon against creatures that can't be hit without a magic weapon.

Basically, in case people weren't sure:

Weapons:
+1 = 2000gp
+2 = 8000gp
+3 = 18000gp
etc

Armor:
+1 = 1000gp
+2 = 4000gp
+3 = 9000gp
etc

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Ohhh...silly me. Didn't realise you were adding attack scores :facepalm:

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Need to specify how many charges of each spell you have memorized. You could have 3 sleep 2 hypnotize for example. The only way to recharge them is to rest. To memorize new spells you need to change your spellbook, then rest.
What? Sorcerers don't use spell books.
That's the trade off for being a sorcerer, the magic is in your blood so you can cast any spell you know as long as it dosen't exceed your daily allotment for that spell level but the number of spells a sorcerer knows is extremely limited and sorcerers can't learn new spells from spell books or scrolls.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer
She can cast any spell she knows without preparing it ahead of time.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Is it time to level yet? :D

---

I'm finally home tonight and will get you a char sheet. Upload to that forum?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
I don't mind which format you use really, just as long as all the relevant information is in some sort of spreadsheet. You can PM it to me if you prefer.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 2:41 AM
-->
I'll have my character sheet for you tomorrow (hopefully relatively early). I've got to spend all this extra gold!

Edit: there shouldn't be any surprises RB, if you're worried about having time to adjust story. I'll Greg until the Greg is dead.

EditEdit: I'll also be helping some other players tomorrow (AFAIK). My friend Thraul has been spanked and yelled at, I hope he's talked to you.

EditEditEdit: Apparently you wanted everything finalised by today? Fuuuuuck... I may have time to do it tonight, but I'm about to leave and won't be back until 2am... shiiiit... sorry... I'll send you what I have now via skype.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Did I say tonight? At least one hour before the session starts (so tomorrow night 9PM for me) is fine with me. So there's another 25 hours from the time of this post to finalize everything.

As it stands the only one who hasn't supplied a character sheet is Cog :beatyou:

Also: please provide an avatar that you'd like to use as a token in-game.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
^I haven't either. I'll get it in before tomorrow night.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
^^ Omsfj!! The Cheese is going to play!!!

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Okay I've got my sheet on dndsheets.net so how do you want me to give it to you?

I can give it to you but I need your profile name on that site.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
You can just make it a public sheet and send me the link to it. Others used different templates, so I'm just using browser bookmarks - no need for the dndsheets one, it was just a 'nice' idea.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=69120

He's got 4.5gp and speaks Common, Sylvan, Elven, Tengu.
Stupid thing won't save properly or maybe the host takes a while to update, I dunno.

Edit: It doesn't account for the class bonus in skill ranks either.
The skill ranks are on there but it just regards them as +1 and not the +3 they're supposed to be as class skills.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
For the skill ranks, just put 3 in the 'misc bonus' column for all your class skills that have a rank.

Also you get one feat to choose at level 1. It looks as though you've just put the two traits. Use this page. Pick one that you meet the prerequisites for. Set the filter to Core Rulebook - the other ones will most likely require prerequisites that you don't yet have and/or they'll be intended for very specific purposes and not useful.

Sorcerers also get a Base bonus to will saves of +2 at level 1 - so make sure you put that in there.

Rest is all good, thanks.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
^^ Omsfj!! The Cheese is going to play!!!

Hopefully! Feeling the old mental legs gearing up to run again, but I'll break those lazy bastards and then my slothful brain won't have a leg to stand on. It will have two broken legs to sit on though. If I break them right I could refashion them into a bone throne, weave a crown out of my toes. Attach a bit of plumbing and I could flush my own brain down its own throne and take it off its pedestal. Run it through a filtration system of woven leg hair to remove a lifetime of waste and crap, sparingly empty it out the other side into hollowed bone bottles. Put the bone bottles into a robot bird and I'd finally be able to fly.... Hmm, my 5-million-sided die says it doesn't give a fuck if I managed this successfully or not.

[What is omsfj? Oh My Singularly Flatulent Jenny? Sumptuously, shatteringly, sexily, simperingly, satisfyingly. All the ways you could please us with your noxious poison! Honestly, the thing which keeps coming to mind is MBTI stuff about SJs. I imagine it has something to do with Jesus? Science-Fucking Jesus? I refuse to google this!]

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
So...you're a Cleric then?

Stop being such a tease cheese.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
[What is omsfj? Oh My Singularly Flatulent Jenny? Sumptuously, shatteringly, sexily, simperingly, satisfyingly. All the ways you could please us with your noxious poison! Honestly, the thing which keeps coming to mind is MBTI stuff about SJs. I imagine it has something to do with Jesus? Science-Fucking Jesus? I refuse to google this!]

Sometimes the mystery is far more enticing than the reality.

EMBRACE THE ENIGMA!
(Or should that be "enema"? :confused:)

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
So...you're a Cleric then?

Stop being such a tease cheese.

Oh yeah. [*edit Yes cleric.] I was going to give you all that stuff tonight. I need some dedicated time to have a look through all that and I don't have that right now (running between brunchfast and going to work in a few minutes). I've been sick this week.

[I can't believe you stole the very last top 5 position in chatbox. You're a sworn enemy once this campaign is over. I used to run circles around the chatbox noobs, back in the days when a sentence could last you a month.]

I'll be back about 7 so hopefully will be able to give you the shizzle a couple of hours before we start.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Oh yeah. [*edit Yes cleric.] I was going to give you all that stuff tonight. I need some dedicated time to have a look through all that and I don't have that right now (running between brunchfast and going to work in a few minutes). I've been sick this week.

All good.

[I can't believe you stole the very last top 5 position in chatbox. You're a sworn enemy once this campaign is over. I used to run circles around the chatbox noobs, back in the days when a sentence could last you a month.]
I wasn't a sworn enemy already? I'm insulted :(

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Also you get one feat to choose at level 1. It looks as though you've just put the two traits.
Magical Tail, Kitsune Feat, it's the two disguise spells.

Top Bottom