• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Hello

purpleninja

adorkable
Local time
Today 2:28 PM
-->
I'm new. I was intrigued. Here I am.
I'm just out of university. I'm a software developer, I like videogames, and I have a cat. I don't think I've met another INTP before, but honestly how would I know if I had? It's not like there's membership cards (wait there aren't are there?). So nice to meet y'all.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 3:28 PM
-->
What kind of software do you work on?

I am trying to create a.i. but am not good at coding yet.

purpleninja

adorkable
Local time
-->

I can't really talk about work stuff but my side projects are mostly csharp with Unity. At some point I would like to start an indie game studio. I'm sorry to say I have very little understanding of AI but I would really like to learn more. I have a friend that says that if I go back for my master's like he did then the curriculum is very machine learning heavy. If I find any useful AI stuff though, I'd be happy to link it. What language are you interested in?

purpleninja

adorkable
Local time
-->

I can't really talk about work stuff but my side projects are mostly csharp with Unity. At some point I would like to start an indie game studio. I'm sorry to say I have very little understanding of AI but I would really like to learn more. I have a friend that says that if I go back for my master's like he did then the curriculum is very machine learning heavy. If I find any useful AI stuff though, I'd be happy to link it. What language are you interested in?
ChatGPT can write code. It occurs to me that by pointing it in the right direction you could have AI write AI. That would be fun.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 10:28 PM
-->
Hi. Yes INTPs come in all shapes and sizes. Mostly though they wear glasses and have a dorky lab coat. That is according to my meme research on pinterest.
Realistically though I think INTPs must have been a plenty at university.

EndogenousRebel

Even a mean person is trying their best, right?
Local time
Today 4:28 PM
-->
I was actually disappointed by how shallow most conversations were while I was in Uni.

Welcome to Intpforum , the forum that needs to be put down like a wounded deer.

purpleninja

adorkable
Local time
-->
I was actually disappointed by how shallow most conversations were while I was in Uni.

I did not find many people at university that I could connect with either. I'm never sure if it's that I'm not putting myself out there enough or if I really haven't found my tribe yet, probably both. I can fit in if I need to, but it doesn't feel genuine. I'm surprised when people like me because my connections feel surface level. It's like how can you like me if you don't know me, ya know?

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
It's like how can you like me if you don't know me, ya know?
I used to think like this, and I still do. But on other hand practically speaking its a kind of defense mechanism.
Yes INTPs love the deeper connections.
Then again how do you facilitate that if you can't like people when they are shallow?
Basically most brains don't work like INTP brains. There are other 15 MBTI types, and also different people have different maturity levels, and levels of sophistication.
Not to mention tolerance can run high with INTPs, but our bullshit detector keeps going off every second we speak to "normies".
Its name of the game.

purpleninja

adorkable
Local time
-->
It's like how can you like me if you don't know me, ya know?
I used to think like this, and I still do. But on other hand practically speaking its a kind of defense mechanism.
Yes INTPs love the deeper connections.
Then again how do you facilitate that if you can't like people when they are shallow?
Basically most brains don't work like INTP brains. There are other 15 MBTI types, and also different people have different maturity levels, and levels of sophistication.
Not to mention tolerance can run high with INTPs, but our bullshit detector keeps going off every second we speak to "normies".
Its name of the game.
Yes, maturity is a big one. When I was young, I was so disappointed to learn that adults rarely act like adults. I compensated by becoming the responsible adult that the situation required. It meant I was able to inject stability into otherwise unstable situations, but it also had the unintended side effect that I am older on the inside than I am on the outside. It makes relationships of all kinds more difficult, because I tend to fall into the role of mother-hen and it makes for an unbalanced relationship.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
I'm new. I was intrigued. Here I am.
So nice to meet y'all.
Hello. Nice to meet you.

I'm just out of university. I'm a software developer, I like videogames, and I have a cat.
That's nice. I also went to university. I'm a software developer / software engineer as well. I used to play video-games, but am spending more time doing other things now. I don't have a pet, but used to have a dog as a teen.

I don't think I've met another INTP before, but honestly how would I know if I had? It's not like there's membership cards (wait there aren't are there?).
You could guess at their type, or ask them.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
I can't really talk about work stuff but my side projects are mostly csharp with Unity.
My work is with C# and Vb6 (legacy stuff).

ChatGPT can write code. It occurs to me that by pointing it in the right direction you could have AI write AI. That would be fun.
That's just a recursive algorithm. Easy to knock up.

I found this article that provides a good foundation for how AI works.

Hope it helps.
Read the article quickly. Quite interesting. Enlightening to know how modern AIs work. Rather disappointed in how over-complicated and simplistic it is. But humans don't always do the sensible things. May take them a while to figure this out.

Me too. Outside of lessons, all most people wanted to do, was smoke, drink, take drugs, and hunt for people to f***.

INTPf is the one of the few places on the internet where I am not getting the typical mass media corporate brainwashing propaganda rammed down my throat by the majority of posters. It's one of the few open-minded places on the internet.

Top Bottom