• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Derail from MBTI fud takedown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss spelt

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 11:37 PM
-->
Two classes with a supported biological basis, not a theorized one.

(well that is actually gender. Sexuality has more classes and is more sociologically debatable)

Oh please, don't be silly.

Miss spelt

Banned
Local time
-->
Re: MBTI FUD takedown thread

You're conflating an obvious truth (there are two sexes) with the biological theory of sexual dimorphism.

(Good rebuttal to my rebuttal, and yes I'm talking about gender, not sexual preference.)

None of that is true.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 6:37 AM
-->

Oh please, don't be silly.

None of that is true.

mod notice-

These flippant statements don't add much to discussion besides their inflammatory potential. You just started posting and are already bombing threads and showing unnecessary animosity . This thread has a specific purpose, which is not discussion of matters of gender and sexuality, and even if it were this kind of response would still be inappropriate. Be a little more articulate with your disagreements and don't continue to derail threads. If you want to respond to this you can message me.

Miss spelt

Banned
Local time
-->

Actually Jennywocky my posts have already been flagged as inflammatory, pointless, unproductive, and silly. Please refrain from responding.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 1:37 AM
-->

...but I like silly. :(

:cthulhu:

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 5:37 AM
-->

Actually Jennywocky my posts have already been flagged as inflammatory, pointless, unproductive, and silly

And how does that make you feel?
*cocks head forward to study subject past bespectacled glasses*

Miss spelt

Banned
Local time
-->

And how does that make you feel?
*cocks head forward to study subject past bespectacled glasses*

Rejected. I was trying to be on topic and valid.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 6:37 AM
-->

Actually Jennywocky my posts have already been flagged as inflammatory, pointless, unproductive, and silly. Please refrain from responding.

Cheekiness is appreciated every now and again, but too much of it can make a topic a bit bland, with one liners back and forth. And there wont be much argument from either side to build a better, more thorough counter-argument. Sometimes a more interesting and complex discussion can evolve from tangents derived from more encompassing argumentation

You do seem to have knowledge in neurology and psychology, so I hope you stick around to post some thoughts. It would be interesting to read.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->

Cheekiness is appreciated every now and again, but too much of it can make a topic a bit bland, with one liners back and forth.

So far it's derailing threads, this is the second one and its annoying.

You do seem to have knowledge in neurology and psychology, so I hope you stick around to post some thoughts. It would be interesting to read.

Agree as I've said elsewhere, just stop the pot shots and put some understandable meat into the post.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 2:37 PM
-->

w00t lady squad saves the day

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

Rejected. I was trying to be on topic and valid.

We're all rejects here.
You'll settle in, in a day or two.

Miss spelt

Banned
Local time
-->

K well. Sorry I disagree that human sexuality classes the world population into two categories. I'll pick my battles a little more tactfully.

I guess they say seek first to understand, then to be understood. Obviously I skipped a step. I see now you didn't mean sexuality or biological sex or the entire world population how silly of me.

Local time
-->

Miss spelt said:
I guess they say seek first to understand, then to be understood.
exactly. dont take mod-notice the wrong way, you're not rejected and no one here is trying to censor you. its just that everyone here is expected to explain why they disagree with others without belittlement. you don't have to resort to that to make yourself heard here anyway. besides, it gives the impression that you're only involving yourself in discussions because you're looking to establish that you're right...obviously, that would make others reluctant to engage with you. the whole point of discussing things is to cross-pollinate ideas, and that can only happen when there is mutual patience understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom