• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Bipolar and MBTI type

Animekitty

baby marshmallow born today
Local time
Today 1:58 PM
-->
My orientation to the inside and outside is extremely inconsistent. I think my bipolar changes how my energy is directed. That is why my type is hard to figure out.

Any suggestions?

Germanicus

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:58 PM
-->
I would highly recommend that you look at the book Touched with Fire: Manic Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament. It affirms the thesis of what you shared in your second post. I am a fellow INTP with BP. I've been seeing a doctor and taking medicine for 5 years, now.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
Today 8:58 PM
-->
My orientation to the inside and outside is extremely inconsistent.
Not sure what that means. Can you describe that in more detail?

I think my bipolar changes how my energy is directed.
Not sure what that means either. Can you describe that in more detail as well?

That is why my type is hard to figure out.

Any suggestions?
Once you fill me on the above, enough that I understand wht you meant, then it's quite possible to make suggestions.

Animekitty

Local time
-->

Sometimes I feel like I can absorb energy from the outside (Extraversion) and sometimes the inside (introversion). But I should be doing one of them consistently (orientation). I am not because I am bipolar. I have high and low energy levels so I cannot tell if I am E or I.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
Today 8:58 PM
-->

Sometimes I feel like I can absorb energy from the outside (Extraversion) and sometimes the inside (introversion). But I should be doing one of them consistently (orientation). I am not because I am bipolar. I have high and low energy levels so I cannot tell if I am E or I.
Then you can't use the "extroverts get more energy from being with people and introverts get more energy from being alone" measure.

What about Jung's idea of extraverts and intraverts?

Animekitty

Local time
-->
Then you can't use the "extroverts get more energy from being with people and introverts get more energy from being alone" measure.

What about Jung's idea of extraverts and intraverts?

give me your opinion then?

I guess that I am a Se dom Fi aux with depression / bipolar.

Se activates when I have high levels of energy. (I love music amvs)
Te being tert subjugates all my time.

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
-->
AK, I’m curious, and can’t sleep for some reason,

when it comes to people, do you first understand them through your internalized instinctual feelings and deal with them based on that, and rationale them after the fact? Or are you first more neutral, finding it natural to analyze the rationale behind their actions and judge them first based on that? One is basically your ego, the other your super-ego.

when it comes to taking action, do you naturally like to follow potential, such as trying things that haven’t been done or seeing new ways of doing things, without knowing if it’s a good idea or not or if it’s practical or will help? Or do you like to interact more directly, applying yourself to the nature of the situation around you and dealing with it on those terms first. One is also part of your ego, while the other your super-ego.

and of course everybody does both, but one should be natural inclination (ego), while the other takes more deliberate conscious effort (super ego).

I think I know which one you are, but I’ll see how you respond.

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
-->

also, if I understand you correctly, I think this is a misconception.

Extroversion isn’t really about where you get energy from. It’s extroversion, meaning objective and external, as in without subjective focus and not internalized. If you are an extrovert, your mind is naturally attuned to interacting with what’s going on around you. If you are introvert, you detach from what’s going on and basically reflect.

course dualism is a thing and you never get extroversion without introversion and vice versa, meaning ambiversion is normal and subconscious influences conscious, but I just wanted to clarify. Maybe that’s what you meant anyway.

Animekitty

Local time
-->
With people, I try and tell if they are "rational" or not. Or reasonable. Someone I can resonate with. I am sensitive so I need to protect myself by knowing how much I should be vulnerable and expose how I really think/feel.

I am rather guarded in what I do. I try not to do anything new that would upset things. I stay home all day.

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
-->
With people, I try and tell if they are "rational" or not. Or reasonable. Someone I can resonate with.
Okay. So you sound Ti to me. Fi doesn't really give a shit about that, minus the resonate part.

I am sensitive so I need to protect myself by knowing how much I should be vulnerable and expose how I really think/feel.
I think this is normal with Ti. You'd probably like being around people that you can share what you're thinking, without being judged. It might sound strange, but Fi types will do that. They will feel a certain way about what was said or how it was said and the logic or rationale behind what you said doesn't matter to them.

I am rather guarded in what I do. I try not to do anything new that would upset things. I stay home all day.
You sound introverted. Not wanting to upset things also sounds like Si.

I think you're TiNe. That was also what I thought before though. Maybe I'm biased, but it does make sense I think.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Today 9:58 PM
-->
Maybe make a list every day. Time evereything. I think you yourself might be the best friend.

Animekitty

Local time
-->
There are two kinds of depression.

sadness
and
low energy

Lexapro deals with sadness. I am not sad.
My psychiatrist will be giving me Prozac for low energy.

Top Bottom