• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Your Most Hated Movies

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Yesterday 10:58 PM
-->
I absolutely hate Austin Powers. I understand that it was created to be over the top but it is weird and creepy and at times it appears that Austin resembles a paedophile. I severely detest Batman versus Superman. The story had so much potential but there were so many ideas that were so separate but they were all combined to become one plot and it was extremely confusing.

I hated the second Austin powers, mostly because heather Graham just didn't have comic timing/delivery here. (She's been decent in a few other things.) I guess you either like Austin himself or you think he's a creep.... I liked Dr. Evil, Scott Evil, and Mini-Me as an ongoing gag the most, I think. Hilarious situations there....

There are pars of Batman vs Superman I liked, and I would suggest watching the Extended Cut if either simply because it actually makes the movie make more sense than the Theatrical Cut... but it should have just been better. It's just that Zack Snyder can do cool visuals, but he has trouble with story and directing actors. He's got a 'black thumb' ... he can reduce the dramatic quality of any movie he touches, even if they are visually kind of cool at times.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:58 AM
-->
Harry Potter and Star Wars. They are just means of escapism for nerds. Lord of the Rings gets a pass for being visually and cinematographically beautiful.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 3:58 PM
-->
"Prometheus" was a stupid movie but if you're kinda drunk you can watch it, then there's "Alien: Covenant" which took everything bad about "Prometheus" and did it worse.

Actually no the bit in "Prometheus" where they blew up the engineer-alien's head by running increasinly large amounts of current through it, that was inspired, that was truly awe inquiringly stupid, that has to be the single dumbest scene in cinema history.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
"Prometheus" was a stupid movie but if you're kinda drunk you can watch it, then there's "Alien: Covenant" which took everything bad about "Prometheus" and did it worse.

Actually no the bit in "Prometheus" where they blew up the engineer-alien's head by running increasinly large amounts of current through it, that was inspired, that was truly awe inquiringly stupid, that has to be the single dumbest scene in cinema history.

were you kinda drunk when watching them? lol

I gotta say, out of all the stuff they screwed up in those two movies, blowing up an alien head was at least amusing and not the most-dumb thing.... just a bit more like something you'd see in a "Harold and Kumar Travel to the Stars" film or something...

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
-->
"Mulholland Drive" by David Lynch. Such a pathetic Hollywood attempt at creating an "artsy" and "different" type of film. Meanwhile the whole thing is just bland nonsense.
Lynch is actually one of these directors, who creates what he wants, not some cash-oriented crap like Avengers.
Speaking of which, I hate all Marvel movies, they are good for kids only.

I hate most movies
Somewhat I agree, because I watched about 300 movies, while my much younger sisters have watched more than 700. I only watch those movies that I know will be good or I watch with ppl to spent somewhat time with them. (in that way I watched some Avenger shit)
2 girls 1 cup. What was seen will never be unseen.
Actually I forgot what happened there :)

Personally, I hate sci-fi movies the most, because I have the good knowledge in science and I know what is stupid and impossible. So it's pain in the ass watching something that is illogical and not possible. [so bad that there will be never hard sci-fi movies, because it would require a lot of money to make and most ppl are too stupid to understand it, so the movie wouldn't make any money :c ]

the actual movies that I rated as 1/10
-Melancholia
-Yume
-Artificial Intelligence: AI
-Laurence Anyways
-The ring
-Twilight series (but I liked first one)

The reason behind those ratings are that I couldn't understand these, they seemed just totally stupid or untrue for me.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Jennywocky said:
I gotta say, out of all the stuff they screwed up in those two movies, blowing up an alien head was at least amusing and not the most-dumb thing.... just a bit more like something you'd see in a "Harold and Kumar Travel to the Stars" film or something...
When people are scared their ability to think is impaired so dumb stuff that happens in frightening circumstances (running in a straight line from the rolling spaceship) is forgivable. I can also understand the scientists taking off their helmets and and not following the appropriate procedures while investigating the alien ship, they're making momentous discoveries and there's a distinct lack of oversight; they're unsupervised kids in a toys & candy store so of course they're misbehaving.

But the engineer's head, that's the sort of thing you take home with you, it's literally priceless (if you were to sell it the starting bid would be in the billions), preserving it so it can be meticulously studied is of the absolute utmost importance and you don't need to be a scientist to know that. Dissecting it on site would be dumb but I could understand that, as I said they're unsupervised kids in a toys & candy store, but there's nothing to be gained by electrocuting it (except to watch it twitch I suppose, even if it somehow briefly miraculously regained consciousness it has no lungs with which to speak) and everything to be lost which is exactly what happened.

It couldn't have gone any other way, the knew they were going to destroy a priceless sample and they did it anyway! These aren't scientists they're vandals.

Also, getting lost? Bullshit they did, that was 100% them lying so they could stay on the alien ship.

Rolling Cattle

no backbone
Local time
-->
The Covenant (2006)
The House (2017)

I was forced to sit through them recently.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
any movie highly rated by rotten tomatoes.

VexedSage

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Hmmm, like good B rated that's so bad it's good or bad blockbuster? lot of angles here...

I thought Cloud Atlas was pretty pitiful

Every newer Adam Sandler or Jack Black move is equally terrible.

I can't think of any others right this second.

travelnjones

Local time
Yesterday 7:58 PM
-->
Avatar, ugh. Completely recycled plot set in Yes album art.

self potato

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 7:58 PM
-->
Man, that Mario Bros. Movie is up there for me somewhere.
When you're like 5 it's cool, right? Mario in real life.
Then you watch it later and it's the dumbest. Can't stand it.

I haven't seen most of these more than once so it's hard to rank 'em, but here are some on the top for me:
Abandoned
Scooby-Doo
Transformers 2
Batman Returns
Bio-Dome
Chappie
Clue: The Movie
Ella Enchanted
The Gods Must Be Crazy
Godzilla (2014)
Innerspace
Jeepers Creepers
Dune
Jumanji (2017)
Master of Disguise
Star Wars Episode VIII
Paul
God's Not Dead
Planet of the Apes (2001)
The Snurks
Star Trek Beyond
Waterworld
Ziggie's Gift

lightfire

Local time
Yesterday 9:58 PM
-->
Avatar was just a bunch of noise. I'm pretty sure I zoned out during the entire movie so I don't even know what it was about other than something something blue people.

I never fall asleep during movies, but I fell asleep during Twilight at the movies lol. I fell asleep at the beginning too. My brain was just like nope.

lightfire

Local time
Yesterday 9:58 PM
-->

Ew Prometheus. It just seemed like an empty cold dead movie with the highlight being a weird birth surgery thing.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
In Covenant's favor, it had a good five minutes (which unfortunately was mostly shown in the film trailers and culminated in another reason why we don't fire automatic weapons haphazardly inside a ship).

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
That scene in Endgame where Carol Danvers takes the gauntlet from Spiderman and all the female heroes assemble, that felt very forced, in Infinity War a similar moment occurred during the final battle but it occurred naturally with everyone involved actively fighting whereas in Endgame they all sort of just stood there posing, in the middle of a battle.

I can't blame that on the characters or the actors, that was directed indeed I suspect it was an executive demand from the producers, i.e. "we need to appeal more to the female demographic".

I suppose that scene wasn't meant for me, fair enough, I'm not going to complain about pandering while movies are littered with gratuitous butt/cleavage scenes that exist solely to pander to the hetero-male demographic, I enjoy being pandered to. But I'm curious do women enjoy being pandered to with such painfully forced "inclusiveness" because I think I'd be insulted by it, I enjoyed the scene from Infinity War but the one in Endgame just made me cringe.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I think it is more about personality type than gender per se. I think most Thinking women I've talked to are more critical of it than Feeling women. I was kinda put off by that moment because it was SO freakin' forced -- ESPECIALLY because Carol just took down a spaceship and smacked up a lot of crap on her own... so are you kidding me, she actually needs help from people... and the only people nearby are all the women, some of whom are not very mobile? It was ALL the women too, give or take... like, 10-12 people?? And they were posing, again... or at least felt that way in how it was shot.

Sometimes I can deal with a pose. I mean, in GotG2 when they all regroup in Ego's core right after you think a few of them might have died, the camera is spinning, the music is swelling, everyone's drifting into a money shot position, the screen is all lit up, it's so gorgeous and so fake but it's really cool -- and then it's disrupted by Mantis getting knocked out when a piece of debris smacks her in the head... spoiling the moment, so they're just leaning into how contrived it was.

The one in Infinity War I think you mean only involved Scarlet Witch about to be ganked by Proxima Midnight in the middle of the Wakanda battle -- and she was helped by Nat (who is extremely mobile and was in the area) and Okoye, who was also in that general area. It's plausible they were all in proximity, and felt organic.

I just hate fake shit, though. Another case in point -- I really liked the digital tracking shot in the NYC battle in Avengers, where the camera follows one avenger fighting into another character's locale, and then the camera transfers to them... so you track through all the Avengers eventually across the NYC battle. it felt organic and natural.

But then Joss Whedon opens "Ultron" with another tracking shot that feels entirely fake, it starts with somehow all of the Avengers ending up being lined up from the side of the note and was just utterly unbelievable in composition, done just for the camera. That one wasn't gender involved, it just sucked because it was fake and kicks you out of the film to realize they're all just posing.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
On a more positive note I liked Carol more in Endgame ironically because she was at times a bit arrogant/aggressive, I found that relatable in the sense that if I'd recently gained incredible cosmic powers I'd probably be a bit of an asshole too, it makes the character more compelling if we're wondering when she's going to get her ego checked.

leonacrawford

Redshirt
Local time
Today 9:58 AM
-->
I think it will be the movie Annabelle Comes Home, a movie with a boring feeling, horror situations are not as expected.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 5:58 AM
-->
mamma mia! (2008)

in high school we were on this academic tour kinda thing to the coast, principal kept playing this fucking movie. 3 am i wnna kip and this mothafucka still has these middle-aged wine swilling americanos singing ABBA at full throttle.

Top Bottom