• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Would you rather be an INTJ?

Would you rather be an INTJ?

• Yes

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • No, I'm fine being an INTP.

Votes: 62 80.5%

• Total voters

Bryson

INTposer
Local time
Today 2:16 AM
-->
I've seen a lot of INTPs saying they wish they were INTJs, so i've been curious about the percentages.
Perhaps some people think the P factor is a burden and we are a letter away from perfection. :confused:

Thoughts?

p.s. Vote the poll!

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
Today 5:16 AM
-->
funny, i was just taking notes in class on my thoughts about this topic instead of what was going on in the class.

Bird

Banned
Local time
Today 8:16 AM
-->
No.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 4:16 PM
-->
Well no, I sometimes wish I had some INTJ characteristics, like the ability to make friends :D But seriously my sister is an INTJ and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.... again :D But for real seriously, I would prefer to be an ESFJ :D Okayyy.... seriously now..... no. Wouldn't say I am fine being an INTP though but the other options aren't that great either.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 7:16 PM
-->
Only if I could be the evil bad ass ones from the movies that are always trying to stop Mr. Bond and destroy the world for money or because they want to and they think they can.

Bryson

INTposer
Local time
-->
[FLV][/FLV]
funny, i was just taking notes in class on my thoughts about this topic instead of what was going on in the class.

See, typical INTP, if you were an INTJ you wouldn't be doing that. :smoker:

Well no, I sometimes wish I had some INTJ characteristics, like the ability to make friends :D

I think we may be better than them at making friends. We lack the motivation though.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
gofurrr[/quote said:
Well no, I sometimes wish I had some INTJ characteristics, like the ability to make friends :D

Sometimes I wish I had some INTJ characteristics, like the ability to not need them.

Systems

Worshipper of Banjulhu
Local time
Today 6:16 AM
-->
[FLV][/FLV]

See, typical INTP, if you were an INTJ you wouldn't be doing that. :smoker:

Hah sorry mate, but you got that wrong. Would be a lot more true of an ISTJ.

INTJ's, I myself am one, are dom Ni. That means that we, perhaps to an even greater degree than INTP's are absorbed in analysis. Considering a seemingly endless stream of ideas generated from previous ideas, facts, and things we have observed, tend to keep us quite occupied and, incidently, explains our inferior Se - we get lost in the moment, because we are away on a stream of analysis.

The curious thing about Ni is, that it to a large degree is subconscious.. That means, that we will hear something, and seemingly out of nowhere, one single word will have carried us away to place of imaginative analysis. Where ideas are disected, dissembled and reassembled at will :-)

So look for an ISTJ to be focused on the subject at hand, and for an INTJ to be carried away in our own world of thought and intuitive analysis - which just so happens to me a lot more interesting and deep than what is being taught some 99 % of the time...

ElvenVeil

Local time
-->

Sometimes I wish I had some INTJ characteristics, like the ability to not need them.[/QUOTE]

huh ? I don't follow you yarrhhh. I think it is more related to introvertedness rather than INTJ/ INTP and so on.

Systems

Worshipper of Banjulhu
Local time
-->
Sometimes I wish I had some INTJ characteristics, like the ability to not need them.

If anything, inferior Fe would be less prone for friends? (on a very abstract and general level)..

Bryson

INTposer
Local time
-->
Hah sorry mate, but you got that wrong. Would be a lot more true of an ISTJ.

I was partially joking with the image people have of the INTJs, but I think it is safe to say that focusing on classes comes easier for INTJs than for INTPs.

Minamimoto

Grim Heaper
Local time
Today 1:16 AM
-->
Ahh, an interesting topic.

The most trusted person in my life is an INTJ. It's only natural that we would look up to INTJs; their greatest strengths are our weaknesses. However, I'd rather stay the course as an INTP, and discuss the world with my INTJ friend. She's awesome; I've never laughed so heartily, nor thought so deeply, than I do when we're sharing our perceptions.

While I'm sick of stressing over my ever-growing heap of failures, I can't imagine myself any other way, nor do I want to. I'm proud to be an INTP.

Edit: Heh, a letter away from perfection, perhaps. But that makes life more challenging, no? I'm a challenge seeker. :P I'd rather learn from the best than be the best. ;]

Besides, my mother claims to be INTJ, but I question that assertion due to the lack of logical basis to her arguments. [sarcasm]Perhaps her son isn't worth the trouble of elaborating upon the 'life experience' she claims makes her correct in every idea we disagree upon, however, and she is indeed a perfect INTJ, aside from that one error.[/sarcasm]
^ Either she's no INTJ, or not all INTJs fit that generalization.

GYX_Kid

Local time
-->
i think i'm plagued with the J's "glory or failure" mentality, but the P's apathy over solidifying the prophecy before its train has left.

You can develop a strong Ne-Ti partnership to substitute for Te... part of strategizing comes with experience enough to gain a habit of foresight

boondockbabe

I am a little cold hearted
Local time
Today 12:16 AM
-->
I actually tend to test about 47% INTJ and 53%INTP. Its always very close. I have never checked out the INTJ side because so many call them "evil Scientist". I'm not familliar enough with the difference to say which way I go or am. I am trying to get up to par on understanding the differences-mainly because of this.

That being said it will be interesting to see how the rest of my life turns out.

mke2686

Local time
-->
Voted no. My younger brother is intj and he is the most stubborn person i know, he is also fairly close minded which drives me crazy.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
While I'm sick of stressing over my ever-growing heap of failures, I can't imagine myself any other way, nor do I want to. I'm proud to be an INTP.

Yeah that is a problem but if something goes wrong for an INTJ it's the end of the world. Because they want success, what success is depends on the person. But I agree I hate the constant failing especially when I know I could pass.

lucky12

walking on air
Local time
-->
I wish I had a switch, intj to entj, entp, or intp. :rolleyes:

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
I'm assuming I'd be more assumptive than I already am if I were an INTJ. I, as an individual, would probably declare an objective definition of morality or assume and/or conform to some unquestioned ideology. I don't like that. I like my skeptical, detached nature. It makes me stimulated now.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I'm assuming I'd be more assumptive than I already am if I were an INTJ. I, as an individual, would probably declare an objective definition of morality or assume and/or conform to some unquestioned ideology. I don't like that. I like my skeptical, detached nature. It makes me stimulated now.

Of course, were you an INTJ you would prefer sticking to a particular ideology, and not like to have a skeptical, detached nature.

It's healthy to prefer being your own type.

Minamimoto

Grim Heaper
Local time
-->
Of course, were you an INTJ you would prefer sticking to a particular ideology, and not like to have a skeptical, detached nature.

Ah, but of course.

Your personality type is the path you chose through your own beliefs and experience; to wish for anything else seems quite foreign to me. Sure, I'd not mind being a bit more applied in some areas of my life, but becoming an INTJ would require commitment to ideas that my current perspective would likely find faulty, correct?

Systems

Worshipper of Banjulhu
Local time
-->

I don't think you got that entirely right. While it is true, that INTJ's are prone to choose a particular ideology, method, theory etc, that does not mean that they are not objective or detached from it. It shows, however, in quite a different way from the INTP. For the INTP, logical consistency and the truth are essential if you are to have strong oppinions. You need to know, that you have found the truth, and since that is very hard to get in most circumstances, you choose not to choose and would rather stay aloof and detached.

For an INTJ, absolute truth is not the goal. We hold our ideas up to logical scrutiny, but we are not looking for any absolute truths. We are looking for something that works, in a given situation. Should it stop working, most INTJ's would be quick to discard it.

The skeptical nature of the INTJ shows itself, not in a quest for the truth, but in the unwillingness to accept anything as absolute truth. There are merely useful theories and ideas, tools for implementing our visions, and that is the yardstick we measure against.

Stigmata

Local time
-->
To some extent, yes. INTJ's obviously have more inclination to actually materialize their theoretical findings, and I think having a little bit more determination and drive would only be to my benefit. My only gripe with INTJ's is that the few I've come across are quite rigid and dismissive toward abstract ideas that don't appear immediately relevant.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Ah, but of course.

Your personality type is the path you chose through your own beliefs and experience; to wish for anything else seems quite foreign to me. Sure, I'd not mind being a bit more applied in some areas of my life, but becoming an INTJ would require commitment to ideas that my current perspective would likely find faulty, correct?

Of course.

I would say that perhaps the two main reasons for typology are to:
a) better understand what way of life will best fit how your mind works
b) realise that for others, the answer will be totally different

TylerRDA

One of the wonders of the world is going down
Local time
Yesterday 11:16 PM
-->
Heh, if more of you were INTJ's it would be easier to get a "yes" or "no" instead of a laundry list of conditions. :smoker:

GYX_Kid

Local time
-->
i would like to make more judgement calls and increase various power and skills while playing life more like a game, whether or not that means being a full fledged INTJ is different

Darby

New(ish)
Local time
Yesterday 10:16 PM
-->
I have an INTJ friend, and outside of alienating most nice people I think sometimes I would prefer it. but only sometimes, like when I become uncertain of my uncertainties and think that perhaps they are a problem rather than an asset, at those times I wish I was more INTJ. but most of the time I have no wish to be INTJ, especially when it's so easy to get under his skin, creating doubt around the foundations of all his idea bubbles.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
Yes, I do wish I was an INTP. I it is a sad life as an INTJ. Everyone is wrong but me.

Thats pretty funny considering I float about 3% on the J vs P. I have taken many tests and they always float back and forth. I have the same tendency to always be right. If I really believe in it I will argue my point into the ground. I have had bosses that just started leaving me alone because they could never win. I will keep that in mind next time we speak. :D

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 3:16 PM
-->
Thats pretty funny considering I float about 3% on the J vs P. I have taken many tests and they always float back and forth. I have the same tendency to always be right. If I really believe in it I will argue my point into the ground. I have had bosses that just started leaving me alone because they could never win. I will keep that in mind next time we speak. :D

If I am proved wrong and I know it, I don't let pride get in the way of conceding.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
Well of corse you wouldn't. That would be illogical. Its convincing me that I am wrong that can be problematic at times. Once it has been proved to me in a factual, logical way, then if it makes more logical sense I will concede. If you can't prove it, and back it up with facts, I am unlikely to concede. Prove it or I consider you wrong.

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 3:16 PM
-->
Well of corse you wouldn't. That would be illogical. Its convincing me that I am wrong that can be problematic at times. Once it has been proved to me in a factual, logical way, then if it makes more logical sense I will concede. If you can't prove it, and back it up with facts, I am unlikely to concede. Prove it or I consider you wrong.

If you want to see a bunch of illogical INTJs check out the politics section of INTJForum.com. It is enough to make one rofl.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 2:46 PM
-->
I am an INTJ. o_O

I KNEW IT!!

I was gonna ask you about it but I feared a harsh counter appraisal. iknewitiknewitiknewit. Sorry, I get all excited when I identify one's typology correctly, I'm still relatively new to MBTI.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
And I answered yes, I would rather have judgement. I don't know if I would want strong J, but some J would be nice.

boondockbabe

Local time
-->
And I answered yes, I would rather have judgement. I don't know if I would want strong J, but some J would be nice.

It really depends on the situation. My J dosen't always do me any favors. My insistance for rules and order drives everyone crazy. It's almost an obsession. I will apologize for this now in case anyone has had to deal with me on this issue and I have offended them.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
I have a complete lack of rules and order. I eat when I'm hungry and sleep when I'm tired, which makes it difficult to be a useful member of society (cos I'm always asleep when they awake see?)

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
INTJ?

Pfffffffffffffffft

uOjxw.jpg

I see we have 7 traitors..

Phoenix

purveyer of pondering
Local time
-->
I can't really participate in the poll--all of the times I've taken the test (4) I've scored only a hair on the P side. I can sort of use both cognitive systems interchangeably.

Architectonic

Local time
Today 3:46 PM
-->
INTJs are the only type that are less cool than INTPs. So I'd like to be an ENTP instead...

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
I have a complete lack of rules and order. I eat when I'm hungry and sleep when I'm tired, which makes it difficult to be a useful member of society (cos I'm always asleep when they awake see?)

Yeah I eat when I am hungry I sleep when I am tired..... come to think of it I don't but that's not important.

Darby

New(ish)
Local time
-->

I feel like I know you....other me...suspicious. Do you also enjoy drinking Kool-aid to feel young again? How about eating Froot Loops?

InvisibleJim

Banned
Local time
-->
Cognitive preferences are exactly that: Cognitive preferences.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->

If you were an INTJ Words this likely wouldn't be as much a concern for you. INFJ's have a tertiary Ti so, when developed, are more critical of their assumptions, but I have not observed this tendency in INTJs as much. Their tertiary Fi most plagues them with whether their actions are right or wrong as opposed to being presumptive (which is a Ti concern).

If you have read Watchmen Ozymandias's monologue is a good example of this, as by the end of the novel he questions the morality of his master stroke.
If you've seen the anime Code Geass, Lelouch seems to have this tendency as well, often being plagued by his motivations and questioning whether it is right to proceed on the basis of them. Both INTJs, in my opinion.

Top Bottom