• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

who wants to talk? (intp social thread)

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
Today 7:06 AM
-->
Make sure you add milk.

Beyond infancy, milk isn't really good for you.

Hell, cows milk isn't really good for us anyway, it was meant for calves...

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
Why the hell does the forum bother to show what server you're using? I'd never noticed that, this place is weird...

It's horrifically out of date.

Modern operating systems and alternative choices of browser just confuse it.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:06 AM
-->
Why the hell does the forum bother to show what server you're using? I'd never noticed that, this place is weird...
browser* and don't ask me, but it's not working for 'operating system'. As far as 'browser' goes, can always tell opera to pretend being an other browser. Actually, I might play around with that and see how well it works.

Beyond infancy, milk isn't really good for you.

Hell, cows milk isn't really good for us anyway, it was meant for calves...
Meant for calves. Haha. I promise you you've never drank the milk that was truly meant for calves. It's rather orange / far more yellow, and full of antibodies. In general (atleast in western europe), this milk is indeed given to the calves for their own health and safety, aswell as the fact that most humans aren't too fond of it's properties. (While it is edible!) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colostrum)

(Just as humans, I think?) cows continue producing milk as long as you keep regulary milking them. Feel free to milk women for the years after they've given birth rather than cows. Might I add that most cows in the 'industry' produce up to 40 liters of milk a day? (Goodluck finding enough women who'll supply you with that ammount).

If milk wasn't good for us, why did lactose intolerance nearly vanish in most european regions so very quickly? Evolution at it's best. Milk is healthy. Now i'm sure there's arguments in favour and against it, but I honestly doubt it's BAD for you. Besides, you can die of anything, including water and sunlight.

PS. I admit to possibly being biased. I might have grown up on a farm. I'm not fond of the animals (I actually am allergic to them), but milk is all good. So is meat.

It's horrifically out of date.

Modern operating systems and alternative choices of browser just confuse it.
^True, doesn't answer the question as to why it's here tho. They b spying on us!

I wonder if i can intentionally confuse it... <:

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
Meant for calves. Haha. I promise you you've never drank the milk that was truly meant for calves. It's rather orange / far more yellow, and full of antibodies. In general (atleast in western europe), this milk is indeed given to the calves for their own health and safety, aswell as the fact that most humans aren't too fond of it's properties. (While it is edible!) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colostrum)

(Just as humans, I think?) cows continue producing milk as long as you keep regulary milking them. Feel free to milk women for the years after they've given birth rather than cows. Might I add that most cows in the 'industry' produce up to 40 liters of milk a day? (Goodluck finding enough women who'll supply you with that ammount).

If milk wasn't good for us, why did lactose intolerance nearly vanish in most european regions so very quickly? Evolution at it's best. Milk is healthy. Now i'm sure there's arguments in favour and against it, but I honestly doubt it's BAD for you. Besides, you can die of anything, including water and sunlight.

PS. I admit to possibly being biased. I might have grown up on a farm. I'm not fond of the animals (I actually am allergic to them), but milk is all good. So is meat.

Firstly, I have had cow's milk almost directly from the udder (udder to glass to mouth).

We are the only species on the planet to consume milk after infancy. Not only that, it's not even our own. It is illegal to sell human milk.

Contrary to popular belief, milk actually takes calcium away from the bones.

Drinking two glasses of milk a day increase hip fractures among women by 45% compared to those who rarely drink it.

It is a myth that milk is good for you after infancy.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Firstly, I have had cow's milk almost directly from the udder (udder to glass to mouth).

We are the only species on the planet to consume milk after infancy. Not only that, it's not even our own. It is illegal to sell human milk.

Contrary to popular belief, milk actually takes calcium away from the bones.

Drinking two glasses of milk a day increase hip fractures among women by 45% compared to those who rarely drink it.

It is a myth that milk is good for you after infancy.
Firstly, that's not the same as what I was talking about, unless the cow very recently had a calf. (I'd say under a week.)

'We're the only species on the planet'... There's quite a list of things fitting that line. Should we imitate animals for the sake of it? Rabbits are far better than us at digesting plants. If you prevent rabbits from eating their own feces, they die. I suggest you try that, it might help you get more nutrition out of cabbage! (Animals do, after all!)

It is illigal... Glad cows are all legit. Besides, human milk is meant for humans, is it not? I'd start protesting! We want human milk, not cow milk!

While milk MIGHT be bad for us now, it was still revolutionary good 8000 years ago. So good that major parts of the european population could drink it a good 8000 years later, because the ones that couldn't (lactose intollerant etc) kept dying. Again, evolution at it's best. It must be a recent myth.

oops, I've got a feeling I've just gone down alot in this forum population's esteem...
Because you're not an internet nerd? Sounds about right. If you're really using internet explorer tho, for your own sake, get something else. It might just save your nails... Or not, i'm using something else but i still bite mine.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Etheri Glad to hear that you woman'ed up and went for it!:D
How many cups of coffee have you consumed now? Perhaps it will taste a little better if you manage to drink 3-4 cups? You could try to add some (a lot of) alcohol as well. It should taste bearable after 3-4 large cups then. It was actually in that way I was exposed to coffee the first time:)

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Etheri Glad to hear that you woman'ed up and went for it!:D
How many cups of coffee have you consumed now? Perhaps it will taste a little better if you manage to drink 3-4 cups? You could try to add some (a lot of) alcohol as well. It should taste bearable after 3-4 large cups then. It was actually in that way I was exposed to coffee the first time:)

Thanks! I am well accustomed to alcohol. It's just that I have a series of exams over the next few days. (8 hours monday, 4 hours tuesday, 6 hours thursday, 5 hours saturday), and obviously need my time in between to study for them (as I'm doing everything last minute, as per fucking usual.) For that reason, drinking sounds like a bad idea. I've had 3 cups now. I still hate the taste, but i won't deny being hyped up. Unfortunately, i'm not spending all this time studying. However, I'm very aware and allert right now, so I guess it's a succes in that regard.

Ps. Saturday I'm back to wine (and beer, on occasions). I'm not ruining my wine with coffee. :(

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Wine (not to mention beer!) and coffee?? I think I'm going to get sick, ugh.
Exams? Isn't that a little early? Anyway, with that many exams, you are really screwed unless you have studied somewhat diligently prior to this, or have previous knowledge. Coffee wont help you. Might I suggest amphetamine, or methamphetamine? You could stay up all through the week and study your balls off.
(No, of course I'm not serious...or am I?:D Perhaps it's time to woman up again?:P)

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Wine (not to mention beer!) and coffee?? I think I'm going to get sick, ugh.
Exams? Isn't that a little early? Anyway, with that many exams, you are really screwed unless you have studied somewhat diligently prior to this, or have previous knowledge. Coffee wont help you. Might I suggest amphetamine, or methamphetamine? You could stay up all through the week and study your balls off.
(No, of course I'm not serious...or am I?:D Perhaps it's time to woman up again?:P)

It's called retakes. It's the result of sleeping through 80% of my classes. And I don't mean sleeping in class, I mean sleeping in my bed. It's not my fault, I can't help it.
Since they're retakes, I obviously do have prior knowledge. I'll pass most of them, but I don't really want to fail ANY. I have studied prior to this (That is to say : I've read almost all 'textbooks / notes' they gave me. Theory is rather interesting, i'm too lazy to actually make excercises tho. Going through a bunch of slides now, just finished /yummy )

I don't mind failing exams, but failing retakes just gets such a hassle, as then i have to 'do it again' next year, and people start ranting and stuff. Coffee will help, but what I truly need is to study during the year, and go to my classes :D. I know this, but as a true INTP, when will I ever put my knowledge into practise?

As for amphetamines, I don't need them. I'll handle without. And for coffee & beer / wine : I was just saying, why would i ruin booze with coffee D;
Actual year starts again in 3 weeks, exams in januari. :)

Ps. I am yet to meet a woman who'll match me in slacking. Perhaps it is indeed time that I woman up again. However, before any of the women here feel offended, if i'd ever find a person to beat me in procrastination, I'm sure I'd find them here, and they'd probably have a huge Pness.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Ps. I am yet to meet a woman who'll match me in slacking. Perhaps it is indeed time that I woman up again. However, before any of the women here feel offended, if i'd ever find a person to beat me in procrastination, I'm sure I'd find them here, and they'd probably have a huge Pness.

Ha! I bet I could match anybody's Pness on this forum, mine is huge. Oh my god. So huge. Like... :dinnerinthesky:

Does anyone have any idea what this smiley is abought?

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Hmm, apparently a group of people having dinner in the skies (duh!) with some bloke arriving late pretending like he doesn't mind by waving, while secretly being highly jealous, if not plain angry that they went up without him. He will have something in store for them when they get down, that's for sure.
On a related note, I think the person behind this smily must have had something strange in his/her pipe that particular day.

Edit: No, wait a minute, he isn't angry. He is 2 seconds away from tearing up.. It doesn't seem to be any room left and, among those 8 people (10 including the chefs), he was the one to be left out. Those bastards.
What they should have done is to divide themselves into two separate groups, that way everyone could go up with no one singled out and left behind. What they have done is, in essence, like inviting all your classmates to your birthday, with the exception of one poor sod.

intpz

Banned
Local time
-->
Skimmed through the huge thread after whole day otuside the forums. :D

I started by basically making extremely milky coffee with so much sugar. Oh my god. So much sugar. It was basically sugar and milk with a splash of coffee, so I drank that for a few months and then gradually diminished the other ingredients until it was just coffee. Now I take it black and can't stand it otherwise. Weird, I suppose it's an acquired taste. I used to hate it.

Pretty much the same here. Then I didn't have milk anymore, so I moved to sugar and coffee mix. After that, strong coffee with milk (had milk again!) and lots of sugar. Then no milk again, so lots of sugar and strong coffee. Then the only sugar that was left was exposed to mice, so I declined to take it and drank just mildly weak coffee. Unlike the other "stages," this one evolved relatively quickly, to a stage where I drank strong coffee with no additions (except the poison the water comes with :D). That's my favorite coffee now, at least from what I've tried with limited supplies.

Come to think of it, yeah it could be a French thing. Coffee is good in France, smoking is also in the culture And... you bite your nails because you're addicted to the cigarettes and the coffee maybe?

I love good coffee. Too bad I wouldn't smoke if I had money (I don't now, but I would, since stimulation's limited, which stimulates my P as hell). I could almost move to France! Would be interesting to see something outside of this superior-being-forsaken country.

In fact, I refuse to drink cheap coffee, I say "either I drink good coffee, or no coffee at all."

I've always believed that being able to drink coffee right before falling asleep is less to do with the individuals metabolism, but instead is just a sign of addiction. This is only anecdotal evidence too, but most people I know who regularly drink coffee or tea in the evening are always quite lethargic during the day.

I've developed routine where I give up caffeine for a day every week or two. Doing this I seem to be able to keep up a relatively high intake without developing much of a tolerance or dependence on it. I've only done this for a couple of years though, so as I do it for longer and particularly as I get older I expect it may stop working unless I drink less or abstain for longer periods.

I can't say I've had any headaches or drowsiness without coffee after I had no money to buy it. Haven't tasted it for a while now. But when I drank it, I basically drank it all day, I like the taste of it and I don't have anything else to drink. Though I think I'd drink coffee anyway, it tastes good.

And besides, I'm drowsy anyway due to all the toxic shit I breathe (black mold anyone? :D), and the poor-quality food I eat that lacks any vitamins. If any food, had no energy whatsoever for the last two days.

We have to pay a couple hundred bucks if we want to retake an exam, or a couple thousand bucks to retake a class around here. Retaking it is not even a waste of time, it's a waste of money as well. Here.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Ha! I bet I could match anybody's Pness on this forum, mine is huge. Oh my god. So huge. Like... :dinnerinthesky:

Does anyone have any idea what this smiley is abought?

as @kantor1003 said, and to be taken quite literally, dinner in the sky.
Saw this earlier, found it rather interesting. Google lead me back quite quickly.

http://dinnerinthesky.com/dits_dinner/pictures.php
Pictures speak for themselves.

As for your Pness... I do believe there's people out here that'd easily win, this probably includes you. Haven't met any irl however (not to my knowledge), so my statement still stands!

Putting coffee to the ultimate test tomorrow. Having me survive through tomorrows oral exam. I generally don't mind exams, but having to explain my thoughts to random people? FML. /goodnight (Will it let me sleep?)

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Haven't met any irl however (not to my knowledge), so my statement still stands!

Putting coffee to the ultimate test tomorrow. Having me survive through tomorrows oral exam. I generally don't mind exams, but having to explain my thoughts to random people? FML. /goodnight (Will it let me sleep?)

Irl?

intpz

Banned
Local time
-->

Indeed, it's pointless, as you won't ever meet them ever again.

I didn't do half bad in my oral exam, in fact, I think I got almost max. If I wouldn't have been irritated by another teacher on the side, and would've gotten a topic I didn't know shit about, would've done better. Probably even if I would've assumed that the requirement of precision is at least medium, I would've done better. I couldn't say anything about my country, I didn't know any famous people or anything. :D

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
In real life. Learn2internet.

Holy crap that's the second time I've embaressed myself in one thread, clearly this one is unlucky for me, I'm out of here before I do it again. By mode of elephant.
Bye.
:elephant:

~~~

Local time
-->
I think we need to see some food pyramids. Tie the food pyramids into the nutrients that humans need. Then argue the case.

Synthetix

og root beer
Local time
Today 12:06 AM
-->
Holy crap that's the second time I've embaressed myself in one thread, clearly this one is unlucky for me, I'm out of here before I do it again. By mode of elephant.
Bye.
:elephant:

That's an interwebz elephant, it's not real, you can't leave this thread by mode of elephant. Try teleportation.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
That's an interwebz elephant, it's not real, you can't leave this thread by mode of elephant. Try teleportation.

Oh yeah you're right, I'm still here. Wait a second *vwoosh* (that's a teleportation sound)

Milo

Brain Programmer
Local time
Today 3:06 AM
-->
I think we need to see some food pyramids. Tie the food pyramids into the nutrients that humans need. Then argue the case.

I don't think we really know what humans need nutrient-wise. It also varies from population to population and even human to human. We can survive on a high variety of diets. The question is what diet allows us to thrive both mentally and physically? At least that is what my goals are.

There could be a new completely engineered food that is designed for our bodies to use with complete efficiency and may be better than any other food. It is not exactly what we are adapted to because what works is what works. Even if you dislike the taste, but your body digests it well, then taste is irrelevant. If a species ignores the taste, then natural selection will not kill those who do not have a taste for that new food.

Tc76

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:36 AM
-->
For general chatting purposes for those that have Iphone/android/comp program..there is an app called Palringo..basicly group/personal chat. Can be fun if someone wants to make an INTP room..not one right now lol.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@higs

As you desperately try to escape this thread, you run into an invisible glass-like wall and realise you're trapped, as a particle inside a box. Teleportation might bring you to a diffrent place, but you're still stuck within these walls.

You can run from this reality, but you cannot escape it.

Also, why do we use the term 'real life' for everything offline. Are the things online so 'unreal'? I'm quite certain all of you are (within decent approximation*) real humans, after all.

*@Milo might be a mutant.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
As you desperately try to escape this thread, you run into an invisible glass-like wall and realise you're trapped, as a particle inside a box. Teleportation might bring you to a diffrent place, but you're still stuck within these walls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
@higs

:storks:

...Oh crap.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I am baffled. Did the say what happened to the scurvy? Why didn't these two fellas get scurvy? Where is the vitamin C?

Milo

Brain Programmer
Local time
-->
I am baffled. Did the say what happened to the scurvy? Why didn't these two fellas get scurvy? Where is the vitamin C?

I have read that Native Americans used to feed those who had scurvy the walls of the kidneys of animals. It is supposedly rich in vitamin C. Also, the blood may also contain it, but when we cook it too much, we destroy the vitamin. Almost every mammal except humans and a few others can synthesize vitamin C from the sun, so it's in there somewhere.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I have read that Native Americans used to feed those who had scurvy the walls of the kidneys of animals. It is supposedly rich in vitamin C. Also, the blood may also contain it, but when we cook it too much, we destroy the vitamin. Almost every mammal except humans and a few others can synthesize vitamin C from the sun, so it's in there somewhere.
Sounds good as a possibility. Has me wondering why all those British sailors got scurvy then. Maybe they couldn't keep "the walls of the kidneys of animals" fresh?

Milo

Brain Programmer
Local time
-->
Sounds good as a possibility. Has me wondering why all those British sailors got scurvy then. Maybe they couldn't keep "the walls of the kidneys of animals" fresh?

Yeah, I have no idea of the vitamin content of fish. It may be lower, or maybe the sailors cooked all of their fish on the boat. I couldn't say.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Chinamen fixed scurfy with sojaplants on board. (long before the colonial times, too)

Also, I think the main problem was that the food was heavily salted and serveral weeks old. I seem to remember something about eating fresh trutle-meat being an improvement too. Because living turtles stack almost as good as salted meat, and they can go quite a while without food anyways. :rolleyes:

To you smart people, I have a problem relating oral exams. While i'm all good if they just give me the questions, let me think and write an answer, when they ask me a question and instantly demand an answer, no matter how easy, that troubles me. I honestly cannot give instantaneous answers to any question. How to deal with it? As if having to talk to people isn't bad enough. q-q

Milo

Brain Programmer
Local time
-->
Chinamen fixed scurfy with sojaplants on board. (long before the colonial times, too)

Also, I think the main problem was that the food was heavily salted and serveral weeks old. I seem to remember something about eating fresh trutle-meat being an improvement too. Because living turtles stack almost as good as salted meat, and they can go quite a while without food anyways. :rolleyes:

To you smart people, I have a problem relating oral exams. While i'm all good if they just give me the questions, let me think and write an answer, when they ask me a question and instantly demand an answer, no matter how easy, that troubles me. I honestly cannot give instantaneous answers to any question. How to deal with it? As if having to talk to people isn't bad enough. q-q

First, you need to figure out what is causing you to have trouble talking to people then you need to fix it. You can change who you are by realizing things. For example, if you realize that everyone is just a breathing computer, you could justify that there is no reason to be afraid, or you could realize that nothing actually matters in the long-run, so mistakes can't possibly exist. This could also help you justify that the fear is irrational.

I have found this tool to be extremely useful for many things. You can also create your own realizations by thinking that this is all just a video game and justify things from that because true confidence comes from a highly justified mind whether the justifications are true or not.

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->

Is there any penalty if you pause for too long?

Either way, you would probably find that some simple meditation and breathing exercises would help you a lot.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
First, you need to figure out what is causing you to have trouble talking to people then you need to fix it. You can change who you are by realizing things. For example, if you realize that everyone is just a breathing computer, you could justify that there is no reason to be afraid, or you could realize that nothing actually matters in the long-run, so mistakes can't possibly exist. This could also help you justify that the fear is irrational.

I have found this tool to be extremely useful for many things. You can also create your own realizations by thinking that this is all just a video game and justify things from that because true confidence comes from a highly justified mind whether the justifications are true or not.

Is there any penalty if you pause for too long?

Either way, you would probably find that some simple meditation and breathing exercises would help you a lot.

It's not that I can't talk to them. It's that i'm having difficulties giving answers right away. If you don't answer right away, they start going all 'oh you don't know your basics' blabla. My problem isn't giving answers, it's that i won't even have 10 seconds to think about them. Also, it's obviously much harder when there's someone being like, sitting, waiting for an answer. It's not really stress or confidence. In all honesty, I knew my stuff quite well. I understand it better than anyone else in my class. I just don't study anything by heart, at all. I try to find the logic in all things.

When they ask me mathematical equations, I can't give them, I need to write them down. When they ask me stuff about graphs or mundane questions, I need to think about them first. It doesn't really take long, 10, 15, maybe 30 seconds for a harder question, but honestly, that seems like forever when they're sighing and ranting as soon as i take longer than 3. Also; I refuse being a mindless parrot and studying anything by heart. Mainly because i'm lazy, but also because I don't see the point.

That being said, another oral exam on saturday, I'll try some of the advice given (whatever appeals to me most? :D )
Ps. 6 coffees later (not today, in total, so today + yesterday :p), the taste is still awful, but i guess atleast i'm less whiney about it.

Ostriker

Local time
-->
Do you realize you're trying to fit about half of all discussion on this entire site into one thread?

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Do you realize you're trying to fit about half of all discussion on this entire site into one thread?

Since it's a 'social thread' for talking, i'd say rules do not apply. The topic is everything, thus offtopic does not exist. Chat along, we have succesfully taken over this thread. I've always somewhat enjoyed talking about various subjects at once, but I guess it does make things somewhat confusing.

Which would you people consider more important : sleep, food, love / friendship, solitude. (You can always just rank them.) I honestly am not sure how to order them, and I feel kinda bad for putting love / friendship on a definite last place. I guess it's cause i've always been thought it should come first. Idiots.

shortbuss

Local time
-->
Well, yes. Feeling sad/depressed is more natural to me. When in such feelings I will magnify them rather than suppress them, because it feels better the deeper I go.

I know this feeling, but be careful with indulging it too often. Once you get into a habit of it it can become much darker, and much less cathartic than initially intended. You can slowly lose control of your ability to consciously delve into, and to leave, a familiar depressive inner world, and it can turn into a prison rather than an escape.

I read 'the Catcher in the Rye' my freshman year of high school, and experiencing the typical feelings of alienation common at this stage of life, I adopted certain patterns of depressive rumination from the main character.

While I still identify with its darker themes and the protagonist's bitter attitude, I have had to learn to TRY to set my despair and disillusion aside when it is more practical, or beneficial to abandon them. I'm not always successful at following this advice, but I think mindful practice toward empowering yourself through action, and conscious surrender of addictive and cyclical thoughts is something we should strive for if not only for the purpose of learning necessary life coping mechanisms.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm amazed how you nail these as concepts Etheri.
Since it's a 'social thread' for talking, i'd say rules do not apply. The topic is everything, thus offtopic does not exist. Chat along, we have succesfully taken over this thread. I've always somewhat enjoyed talking about various subjects at once, but I guess it does make things somewhat confusing.
Agreed sort of. It's a social chat thread. But if its social, then there must be social rules. But how to name them? Reasonable politeness/ consideration I suppose. The topic can be changed to anything, but would you change it if something hot is going on? Will talking everything at once lead to chaos? Not if one continues with the same party, "blah blah blah" to quote Architect.

Which would you people consider more important : sleep, food, love / friendship, solitude. (You can always just rank them.) I honestly am not sure how to order them, and I feel kinda bad for putting love / friendship on a definite last place. I guess it's cause i've always been thought it should come first. Idiots.
One can linearize these things but won't the standard be subjective? People are organisms. How can one put these characteristics in a straight line and have them make sense? One would have to define "important" which can have several meanings. I take all this back. That's what was asked for.

Milo

Brain Programmer
Local time
-->

1. Love/Friendship
2. Food
3. Sleep
4. Solitude

To me, life would be worthless without others to share it with. Even if it is just a friendship with an animal, that is what makes life worth living. Food and sleep allow us to continue our relationships since it lengthens our life. Solitude is torture if solitude is the only thing one one knows.

I know in my "Ask me a question" thread that I said I mostly care about myself, but it is objectively true since by caring about others, you are actually doing that so that you can be with that person, but I know there could be a circumstance where I would give my life to protect a person.

Synthetix

og root beer
Local time
-->
Oh yeah you're right, I'm still here. Wait a second *vwoosh* (that's a teleportation sound)

And where might you be teleporting off to?

Btw, it's a *berzhjing* sound that indicates teleportation.

Btw means, ”by the way”.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
1. Love/Friendship
2. Food
3. Sleep
4. Solitude

To me, life would be worthless without others to share it with. Even if it is just a friendship with an animal, that is what makes life worth living. Food and sleep allow us to continue our relationships since it lengthens our life. Solitude is torture if solitude is the only thing one one knows.

I know in my "Ask me a question" thread that I said I mostly care about myself, but it is objectively true since by caring about others, you are actually doing that so that you can be with that person, but I know there could be a circumstance where I would give my life to protect a person.

I used to think that life had meaning and was worth living as long as I had one person. All I needed was one person to care for, and that would care for me. Obviously this isn't the kind of love I need on display, I tend to unconditionally imply it, simply. (Parents are a good example, I don't need them buggering me, but I know they love me and I love them, no matter what happens. )
That being said, love and friendship rarely comes first. Everything I do is out of selfishness. Probably everything everyone does, is out of selfishness... Is that a bad thing? Also; I love sleep and I love food (must be my primal me!).

While I value love and friendship, and I don't deny I couldn't go without them, I'd probably be able to miss it easier than either solitude or food / sleep. That being said, there are some scenarios in which I guess love could take away my need for solitude...

@BigApplePi Well, some rules always apply. There's no reason to be a dick to anyone, simply because it doesn't get me anywhere. To me, logic implies it helps you get where you want to be, rather than simply having a reason for your actions. We can adress the topic of this thread having no outlined topic, I mean, how awesome is that?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Guys & gals. How we (you, me, everyone) should place their values is an important topic. I started to look for any thread in the Philosophy & Faith section but only skimmed it.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
And where might you be teleporting off to?

Btw, it's a *berzhjing* sound that indicates teleportation.

Btw means, ”by the way”.

hey! Syitikhttt

(means "screw you i think i know how to teleport thanks") :p

I went to Narnia, became a queen, met Aslan and shit :D back now, good times...

Proletar

Deus Sex Machina
Local time
-->
Just to emphasize, I focus more on eating as much fat as possible. I try to get over 50% of my calories from it and I don't pay as much attention to carbs and proteins since they automatically come with it. Protein can be converted into glucose and I eat tubers as well. I have read many research papers regarding this.

I am really athletic (exercise 5 or more times a week) with only 3% body fat and great muscle tone. I also do intermittent fasting with my eating window at 4-6 hours every day. Maybe this allows my body to digest much better, but I'm pretty sure a high-fat diet is what humans were mostly adapted to since our body can convert fat into keytone bodies which the brain is better at metabolizing and also have 7 calories per gram instead of 4 calories per gram from carbs which the brain would be using on a low-fat diet.

Also, our teeth did not adapt so much because we evolved with tools to cut up meat. Fat and bone marrow actually carry a lot of nutrients inside them as well as other major organs do. I have been on this diet for 3 months now and I've had no problems so far.

Intermittent fasting is a big part of it though, so perhaps that makes the difference.

Meatmate!

Yes, the low carb (/high fat, can't be stressed enough) diet is the way to go.

I've been on it myself for a couple of years now, more or less, during periods when my wallet allows me to. Sometimes, no veggies/sources of carbs whatsoever. If adapting to a low carb diet is a detox, then the adaption to nocarbs is a second detox, that lasts longer. But I end up feeling even greater when it's done.

It's just great. Not having to worry whatsoever about food, not having any cravings for sugar. Just getting up in the morning and having a huge ass breakfast, then not having to eat before 17. I can literally focus for hours and hours on end doing serious research on deep subjects (or you know, make knifes, or whatever you ISTP are doing), free from hunger.

PhoenixRising

nyctophiliac
Local time
-->
Just to emphasize, I focus more on eating as much fat as possible. I try to get over 50% of my calories from it and I don't pay as much attention to carbs and proteins since they automatically come with it. Protein can be converted into glucose and I eat tubers as well. I have read many research papers regarding this.

I am really athletic (exercise 5 or more times a week) with only 3% body fat and great muscle tone. I also do intermittent fasting with my eating window at 4-6 hours every day. Maybe this allows my body to digest much better, but I'm pretty sure a high-fat diet is what humans were mostly adapted to since our body can convert fat into keytone bodies which the brain is better at metabolizing and also have 7 calories per gram instead of 4 calories per gram from carbs which the brain would be using on a low-fat diet.

Also, our teeth did not adapt so much because we evolved with tools to cut up meat. Fat and bone marrow actually carry a lot of nutrients inside them as well as other major organs do. I have been on this diet for 3 months now and I've had no problems so far.

Intermittent fasting is a big part of it though, so perhaps that makes the difference.
While you're spot-on with getting a large percentage of your calories from fat, in the long run large amounts of animal fats from meat, eggs and dairy will raise your cholesterol levels and cause a lot of inflammation from free radical damage. If I were you, I would switch to unprocessed olive, grape, flax and canola oil. These oils have the 9 calorie per 1 gram ratio, but remove cholesterol from your arteries. They are also unsaturated, which means they release very small amounts of free radicals.

You're right on target with fasting as well, people who fast at least one day out of the week have a longer lifespan on average than those who don't. There are several metabolic pathways that are affected by fasting that involve the aging process.

I'm really big into a raw diet, and have done a lot of studying about the micro nutrients necessary for the human metabolism to efficiently function. As others have noted, removing grain from your diet is a good thing to do most of the time. Be careful though, as I removed grain from my diet for a couple of years and permanently lost the ability to tolerate the proteins in most food grains. If you don't use it, you lose it.

Also, you may want to give antioxidants some thought. The metabolism can't function properly and your tissues can't regenerate without substantial amounts of polyphenols, flavonols, glutathione (or its precursor alpha lipoic acid), and vitamin C. If you eat grass fed animals, then you're probably getting enough CLA, that's a great metabolism booster. Plants do have some necessary micro-nutrients that are important for a balanced body, so it's important to at least include some isolated nutrients.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Guys & gals. How we (you, me, everyone) should place their values is an important topic. I started to look for any thread in the Philosophy & Faith section but only skimmed it.

You find it, I might be spamhappy, but i'm still lazy, and since this thread doesn't have a subject, posting this is perfectly fine. :cool:

Also, I didn't really mean 'should' or anything, I was just wondering about where 'I think I place them' and 'what I truly value', if that makes sense. But your question is nearly identical so it makes no matter.

Am I the only one who isn't on a strict diet? Q-Q
People living of only meat, only veggies, only fingernails. What if I like to eat ALL those things? :(

PhoenixRising

nyctophiliac
Local time
-->
You find it, I might be spamhappy, but i'm still lazy, and since this thread doesn't have a subject, posting this is perfectly fine. :cool:

Also, I didn't really mean 'should' or anything, I was just wondering about where 'I think I place them' and 'what I truly value', if that makes sense. But your question is nearly identical so it makes no matter.

Am I the only one who isn't on a strict diet? Q-Q
People living of only meat, only veggies, only fingernails. What if I like to eat ALL those things? :(
Perhaps you're more of an omnivore than the rest of us. Which means, you're more likely to survive the apocalypse :king-twitter:

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Perhaps you're more of an omnivore than the rest of us. Which means, you're more likely to survive the apocalypse :king-twitter:

I don't eat everything... Only what I feel like eating. Perhaps that's truly the diffrence in all these diets... Preferance. I must admit, I guess i'm lucky, my metabolism burns through absolutely [everything]. Weight has never been an issue (closer to underweight).

As far as health goes, those doing extensive diets for the sake of them being 'healthier', does it ever bother you that we're dying of literally everything we do, and no matter what we do, in some way it can lead to our death? As often said, life has a 100% mortality rate.

This thread is like an instant sounding board for my brain. I wonder what happened if we had ways of registering what people were thinking, and we'd use it on an INTP. Actually, I'd wanna test it on all types, and some crazy people too. :slashnew:

Milo

Brain Programmer
Local time
-->
Meatmate!

Yes, the low carb (/high fat, can't be stressed enough) diet is the way to go.

I've been on it myself for a couple of years now, more or less, during periods when my wallet allows me to. Sometimes, no veggies/sources of carbs whatsoever. If adapting to a low carb diet is a detox, then the adaption to nocarbs is a second detox, that lasts longer. But I end up feeling even greater when it's done.

It's just great. Not having to worry whatsoever about food, not having any cravings for sugar. Just getting up in the morning and having a huge ass breakfast, then not having to eat before 17. I can literally focus for hours and hours on end doing serious research on deep subjects (or you know, make knifes, or whatever you ISTP are doing), free from hunger.

The ISTP in me makes me lift weights chronically. Just waiting for a fight to happen. :beatyou:

Top Bottom