• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What songs are you listening to? /III/

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 1:04 AM
-->
A banger and full of furries. I like girls with tails.
im not shamed, I wish humans had tails, balancing and doing tail related activities would be so intensified.
my brain feels like Im coming off hard, impure, street drugs. People
every thread is a random thoughts thread is you have no self control, and a natural state of ranting incoherently

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:04 PM
-->

Ok, how did I ever miss this band? And wait - they're Norwegian??

It really baffles me how so many artists coming out of this region just seem to fade into oblivion. Real talent, real music - ignored.

Speaking of real talent - here's another Norwegian artist who seem to have drowned away in the mass of rubbish that is called music.

I rarely like to speak of genius, but this is just astonishing and I feel deeply humbled watching someone like that unfold their magic on stage. I don't normally listen to this sort of music but the level of artistic skill, musical layering, composition and lyrics is in a class of its own and I don't know how anyone could not be affected by Bernhoft's performances:

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Today 7:04 AM
-->
@Inexorable Username I love that Maxence Cyrin rendition. I'd forgotten I got it from Mr. Robot.

@Serac @Polaris I've never even heard of Superfamily. They must be the only good thing to come out of Moss. Moss used to have a huge cellulose factory, and smelled terrible. I always dreaded driving past there as a kid.

Havent listened to Bernhoft much before, either. Really good.

I think Cello is my favorite instrument

Ohh, Spotify Wrapped just came out!

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 8:04 AM
-->
XD there si something so relatable about russians lamo, the fact that I'm 42% ruski probably helps.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 6:04 AM
-->
Nothing particularly impressive about this song but an interesting song if you know the artist:

A nice short song nonetheless.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
@Rebis I love Ludovico Einaudi. If you go on that hike Moody pesters you about, you should bring Seven Days Walking.

Never heard the track by Toe, but I like it. I'll check the band out.

Rebis

Local time
-->
@Rebis I love Ludovico Einaudi. If you go on that hike Moody pesters you about, you should bring Seven Days Walking.

Never heard the track by Toe, but I like it. I'll check the band out.

Yeah it's been the last few days, I found day 2 of symetry and found out there's like 5 versions (not sure if there's a complete 7 I can't find 5).

Toe is also a recent discovery, their album "the book about my idle plot on vague anxiety" is superb so far, I rarely listen to albums in their entirety.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
this was my favorite song for so long.
YOUVE NEVER HEARD OF JAVAN DEE YOU NORMIE

Rebis

Local time
-->
I love existing in this time, y'know why? The back catalogue of music and modern bands. It's just fantastic.

Peter gabriel says hi

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rebis

Local time
-->
Had shock the monkey on a loop there by accident, didn't even realise, explosive song

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
That Costello song was great, Rebs.

I rarely listen to anything with a Country vibe, but this is really good:

moody

Local time
Yesterday 11:04 PM
-->
@Serac

I saw “Ravel” and thought “oh which Ravel piece??” Then I realized it was “ravel,” the name of the song, not Maurice Ravel, the composer. :xen-confused:

Rebis

Local time
-->

moody

Local time
Yesterday 11:04 PM
-->
@Rebis

Sounds like "Vampire Dance club" from Blade + "They Found us" from Stranger things.

(@1:30)

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I just stumbled upon this, love it.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Think I'll be going through Leonard Cohen for the next while, only started listening to him yesterday:

Rebis

Local time
-->

"It failed my little fire, but spread the dying spark" As such with innocence.

"Innocence, Once Lost, Can Never Be Regained. Darkness, Once Gazed Upon, Can Never Be Lost. "

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
@Rebis I love Cohen. I'm so sad I didn't get around to seeing him before he died.

@Serac great track and video.

Rebis

Local time
-->
@Rebis I love Cohen. I'm so sad I didn't get around to seeing him before he died.

@Serac great track and video.
He's been mentioned to me so much before, but to be honest the kicker was this interesting girl I met on tinder:

a242813f4ec45f9925a30d5faaf89b05.jpg

My dad thinks Cohen is Jesus, I shit you not.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
Mary her.

Did you know that Marianne was Norwegian? Cohen kept a close relationship to her and her son throughout his life. When Marianne lay on her death bed, succumbing to leukemia, her friend Jan Christian Mollestad wrote Cohen to inform him. Two hours later, this letter arrived for Marianne:

“‘Well Marianne it’s come to this time when we are really so old and our bodies are falling apart and I think I will follow you very soon. Know that I am so close behind you that if you stretch out your hand, I think you can reach mine,”

“‘And you know that I’ve always loved you for your beauty and your wisdom, but I don’t need to say anything more about that because you know all about that. But now, I just want to wish you a very good journey. Goodbye old friend. Endless love, see you down the road.'”

She died two days later.

I remember reading it at the time, back in august 2016, thinking I would make sure to see Cohen the next time he was in Norway. He had been here several times the last few years, and had seemed to be in good health. That November he died, barely 3 months after Marianne.

Other songs were also related to Marianne Ihlen, like Bird on a Wire, which Cohen wrote while they were vacationing on the Greek island of Hydra. Marianne noticed a bird sitting by itself on a telephone wire. Cohen, who was going through a bout of a depression, penned the poem in which he compares himself to the lonely bird.

The famous blue raincoat was stolen from Marianne's apartment, back in the day.

Of his less famous songs, I really like

Rebis

Local time
-->
The music taste changes with age and the sensation of pleasure isn't necessarily maintained by nostalgia. I used to like these two songs, Mogwai is still ok but just not up to standards, while Pygmy lush I wouldn't listen to at all.

Just thought I'd drop these in as they might appeal to others:

That damned depression, you sad motherfucker.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
The music taste changes with age and the sensation of pleasure isn't necessarily maintained by nostalgia. I used to like these two songs, Mogwai is still ok but just not up to standards, while Pygmy lush I wouldn't listen to at all.

I love mogwai, I dont listen to it anymore since it reminds me of bad times.
1% monster is by far my favorite.
When I was younger I was shooting my bow in my backyard, I saw a rabbit and decided to shoot it. I hit the rabbit, and it was nailed to the ground writhing. I had no way of ending it, so I just watched in horror. the rabbit eventually ran away. That was my first time experiencing depression. The rabbit did nothing wrong, and it had just as much right to live as I do. I saw the evil in myself, that many terrible people have. Treating a living thing as a target, or trophy, just because you can. I never found it, I think it lived, but still.

Rebis

Local time
-->

I love mogwai, I dont listen to it anymore since it reminds me of bad times.
1% monster is by far my favorite.
When I was younger I was shooting my bow in my backyard, I saw a rabbit and decided to shoot it. I hit the rabbit, and it was nailed to the ground writhing. I had no way of ending it, so I just watched in horror. the rabbit eventually ran away. That was my first time experiencing depression. The rabbit did nothing wrong, and it had just as much right to live as I do. I saw the evil in myself, that many terrible people have. Treating a living thing as a target, or trophy, just because you can. I never found it, I think it lived, but still.

we've escaped sadboi hours, introducing the Damn gd Dayz

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
we've escaped sadboi hours, introducing the Damn gd Dayz

I actually find slow sad music relaxing.
marbles and I have also found a good way to screen women. Ask if she likes music or jazz, and if she says jazz is music, its a no go.
works everytime, most of the time.

Rebis

Local time
-->

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 5:04 PM
-->

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
This has got to be inspired by the The Elder Scrolls soundtrack, right?

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
This takes me back to those good old days of despairing.
specifically sitting in the hallway of the university, staring at the wall, while everyone seemed to have had everything in order, while I wasnt sure if I wanted to wake up tomorrow. Life is weird, because now I know they were just as lost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNSHOiABiF8

Top Bottom