• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

what is the hardest subject you study or encounter

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:50 PM
-->
to me its mathematics /physics

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Measure theory in math and concurrent computing in comp science

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
At some point everything becomes hard. History might be simple learning of facts, but when you go down that rabbit hole and really try honestly at understanding history and all the things you will find it more challenging as you go. Not just that, but imagine a historian collecting data from allkinds of sources and working to find ways to make sense of them. Thats just history the subject for the not so bright.

Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology etc. like wise. It always starts off easy, but as you go further it just seems to get harderd and harder.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
yeah the really hard part of any subject is usually when you arrive at the point where you have to apply all the theory in the real world. Any subject can become easy on paper by systematically understanding all its concepts and mechanics.

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Today 7:50 AM
-->
The hardest subject I've studied: Physics

The hardest subject I've encountered: Humans

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
One the hardest subjects I found, at least conceptually is using the standard model in particle physics to predict the output of over 100,000 different physical formulas. Instead of using constants such as speed of light, you can use the standard model of physics to predict well over 100,000 physical constants. These 32 measurements consist of wavelengths in light, the mass of a neutrino and energy emissions from photons. I find it conceptually difficult because many physical equations are giving an abstraction, such as e = mc^2 into more atomic propositions like van der waal forces, electron orbitals, centripedal and centrifugal forces and so much more (unfortunately, gravity hasn't been reduced to atomic forces yet).

It's like computers: People understand how to operate windows, but under that there's a GUI, an IDE, high level programming languages, low level programming languages, assembly code, logical cores in a processor, which process bits using binary bits of 1s and 0s, which are abstractions of electrical voltage and logical gates like AND,OR,XOR, NOR.... it's like peeling away at the abstractions that are an integral part of our reality and getting closer to the source code of the universe.

Top Bottom