• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What ever happened to Perseus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbtng_thomas

Local time
Today 2:01 AM
-->
I see some posters here that could be Perseus, but I didn't find him mentioned in the name change thread, so I assume they are different people. Is he still around?

- dt

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:01 AM
-->
no, he's not, as far as I know. I believe he up and left for personalitycafe, but after that I lost track of him and have no idea whether he's still there or not.

His profile here says his last activity was on January first.... but he's only made 8 posts since August 1st

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:01 PM
-->
Maybe one of his dreaded Ponies devoured him.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 10:01 AM
-->
He seemed to have migrated over to PersonalityCafe, which is kind of fitting as that place is practically a zoo.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 10:01 PM
-->
With the right proclivities anyone can inherit the mantle, dbtng_ ...don't be shy!

dbtng_thomas

Local time
-->
Wow lor. That's a hell of a challenge. I don't think I could do the original Dragon justice. Perhaps I could earn the title on other terms. Perseus was/is pretty far out. I tend to think I'm a tad more anchored, but I have a bad temper that can make my behavior seem just as out there when I get fired up.

Whatever. I'm sure it's a nomination and public acclaim thing, so my efforts or lack thereof probably won't have much to do with it. Still, you've given me a glimpse of what it is to be Internet Famous. Perhaps I'll try to watch my temper to avoid this fate.

- dt

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
Today 4:01 AM
-->
I wonder where Perseus went, too. He's the only person to ever have his own sub-forum here. I'm not sure he ever noticed the privilege.

Coberst is gone too.

Does anyone else think about that fact that any one of us could die and no one here would ever know about it? How many past posters here are now dead do you suppose?

Not saying Perseus or Coberst are dead or anything, but it's a trippy thought.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
You're being quite the necromancer.

Actually... I've down online searches of newspaper birth/death/blah blah notices when I've had paranoia fits over certain forum members being dead. Is that normal? :confused: ...thought not... it's just plain creepy, isn't it? *sighs*

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:01 PM
-->
I've worried about it a lot.

http://www.deadmansswitch.net/ --> this site provides a solution. (Not to death, unfortunately.)

And Perseus is a sad loss. :(

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
-->
You've done searches on me, haven't you? It's nice to know you care, but you know that I'm immortal.

It's an understandable, albeit morbid, curiosity. Seriously, some people were once quite active and then they were just gone. No warning or anything, just gone. Dissident is another one. He was always one of my favorite posters and then he just disappeared, never to be heard from again. There have been a number of them like that.

And then you've got ones that you wish would leave but always seem to reappear over and over again ......... like me, apparently.

EDIT: Cheese ninja'd me and I don't like it one bit ......... Not one bit.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
A baleful bleat stirs the breast of sheep; ice-wind through the tree-tops:
one of us is gone! One of us is missing!
The call as it rolls collects swart fears and soon the flock's atremble:
what gaunt hand is plucking us, what unseen fiend resembles that abyss our woolly hearts
most tremulous skip in dread of? Dead!?
Death! Death! Yes! Yes! One of us is missing! One of us is...
:phear:

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
perseus saw the moo cow waltz into the stable backwards.

s0nystyle

La la la la la!
Local time
-->

Actually... I've down online searches of newspaper birth/death/blah blah notices when I've had paranoia fits over certain forum members being dead. Is that normal? :confused: ...thought not... it's just plain creepy, isn't it? *sighs*

Just wondering, but does kuu warn you for necroing threads for +1 or does he not care?

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
Necromancy is fun.

Wandering in without so much as a glance at the search function and starting a new thread for something that's been done 3 times before, is a sin punishable by slow suffocation in a grain silo filled with jellybeans.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 9:01 AM
-->

It's creepy in a nice way, yes.

Though misinformed when you know any such people would be very careful about where they leave their corpses.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
In your crowded bit of the empire, where on earth could you hope to die that no one would notice?

dark

Bring this savage back home.
Local time
-->
... So who is this Perseus person, I have noticed almost every thread on this Dragon Lair thing is made by them, and also what is the Dragon Lair and what does it supposed to suggest?

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
Perseus had a unique view, peculiar idiom and personal obssession that resulted in posts which, while not completely lacking insight, lacked a certain degree of coherence.

Come and sit closer to the fire, dark. *pats rock*

In the early times, before men forgot legends... MBTI was a fantasyland and strange creatures roamed imagination. Perseus spoke of them. Often. Many, many posts. Many threads...

...by sheer dint of creative productivity, particular fora at one time resembled a draconian zoo.

The people became restless and spoke of lynching the weird one before his creatures could overrun our cool, rational halls, yet Perseus had done no wrong. Indeed, he was invaluable in his manner of turning upside down reality and shaking the INTPs out of their little cubbyholes of comfortable assumption. Like any good weirding one, he challenged his society; he provoked development and prevented complacency of thought.

His threads just weren't representative of typical INTP concerns or style. As such it wasn't meet that they should be the 'face'* of the forum, as abundant as they were, so they were gathered here, preserved in their own kingdom, and Perseus' role sanctified... rather like a virtual delphic oracle one could approach or ignore. I can't say what mind-bending airs you may be breathing in this place, or if the magic has entirely gone.

*glances past dark*

Look! Over there! Can you see eyes reflecting the flame of our fire? Can you smell the breath of sulfur?

Too few folk brough him offerings, I imagine, and he abandoned our starched, uniform people for more appreciative subjects in the calamity melting pot of bigotry understanding that is Personality Cafe.

*wonders if a fitting sacrifice to the old gods will bring him back*

:king-twitter:

*Face is another story altogether >>

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
Did not Perseus post a link to his blog once?

BTW - poltergeists can manipulate a keyboard, so there are some that will haunt this forum for quite a spell...
:smiley_emoticons_mr

dark

Bring this savage back home.
Local time
-->
So how entertaining are these threads? At first glance they looked well structured, and many hours of reading.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
So how entertaining are these threads? At first glance they looked well structured, and many hours of reading.

Whether you find then entertaining or not is a matter of personal taste, but best to read them chronologically if you're going to at all, as he frequently revised his nomenclature.

Without actually going back, and at risk of mis-remembering, I think Perseus was a marine biologist or ecologist. Fundamentally, what he was attempting to present was an ecological description and taxonomy of MBTI as though it were a zoological study.

He mostly self-identified as a dragon - hence the naming of this lair - but kind of like a bowerbird, he amassed all things shiny and blue, rather than those of intrinsic value.

Still, treasure can be rather subjective.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
In your crowded bit of the empire, where on earth could you hope to die that no one would notice?

The population of Ireland is tiny compared to Great Britain.:)
Pretty sure there are more people in England alone than in all of Ireland.

Claverhouse

Royalist Freicorps Feldgendarme
Local time
-->
The Good Old Times

An elderly figure shuffles from the shadows, and takes a deep draw on a battered looking roll-up, and confidentially begins a dreary monologue.

Gloomily: "We 'ad 'em all, guv; back in the old days, All the Greats. Sometimes I stood in the wings and there wasn't a dry seat in the 'ouse --- I mean eye --- when Shrub the Invincible buried himself in a deep dark hole and shouted threats at all enemies of mankind.

"The Great Obama with His Stupendous Meaningless Platitudes; Sharp-Shooting Cheney, able to scatter the back stalls with his shotgun whilst aiming for a target on the ceiling. Smiling Blair and his impersonation of whomever you wanted him to be. Sarkozy's Gitana Hungarian Band. The Laughable Berlusconi who could grope five women simultaneously. I've seen the audience gasp with awe enough to shake the stage curtains like wind across the barley when The Amazing Shai performed his Mystery Act.

"'Appy days, 'appy days... All gorn now. Never to return. We won't see their like again. Theatre's not what it was... Spare a bit o' change, guv ?"

Self releases the rottweilers, and the old caretaker vanishes like a ghost. I've no idea whom he is, but I can assure you he never worked here...

:smiley_emoticons_mr

Claverhouse :phear:

Claverhouse

Royalist Freicorps Feldgendarme
Local time
-->
'Never Forgive, Never Forget...'

*Bleakly*

*Chooses words carefully*

Ah, headfonez... Most unfortunate. Our coroner's office declared that it was an accident. A tragic senseless brutal unspeakable accident that could have happened to anyone.

He just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Claverhouse :phear:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom