• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

what do you think about ANTP?

Anthon

5w4, @anthon17i
Local time
Today 10:05 AM
-->
ambivert-intutitive-thinking-perceiving. i found in some test i get result intp and entp but more often to intp. i looking for test ambivert. some test tell me i'm an ambivert but i'm still not sure.

ambivert is a personality between ekstrovert and introvert

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 3:05 AM
-->
Everyone is ambivert in terms of their dominant function being expressed in a specific situation: You're extroverted in x, introverted in y. In general you likely lean towards one or the other.

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 5:05 AM
-->
ambivert-intutitive-thinking-perceiving. i found in some test i get result intp and entp but more often to intp. i looking for test ambivert. some test tell me i'm an ambivert but i'm still not sure.

I'm one. eNTP - type 6w7, tritype 6-4-8 so/Sx... XD AMA. tho they say ENTPs are ambiverts.

moody

Local time
Yesterday 7:05 PM
-->
I'm with Rebis. Everyone is an ambivert; what makes us more introverted or extroverted depends on our tendencies of how much social interaction we want.

The average human will need time with others, and need time alone. People who live very social day-today lives may think they're an introvert because they find themselves needed solitude at the end of each day. Others who work very independently, or don't happen to interact with others a lot may consider themselves extroverted because they more readily feel the drain of being alone so much.

I think whether or not we exhibit introversion vs. extroversion is a mix between our biology + environment. If you're someone who's really on the line, you'll identify more with introversion or extroversion depending on your circumstances. In any case, it's healthy to be balanced.

For determining whether or not you're an INTP or ENTP:
There are more differences between these types than one being the extroverted version of the other. Since you know that you tend to be pretty balances with your E and I, start comparing other traits to see what strikes a chord in you the most.

For a long time, I was unsure whether or not I was an INTP or an INTJ. What made me sure I was an INTP was reading about the progression of thought. I could be really bullheaded about some things and act very judgmental, but I had the same troubleshooting habits of INTPs. I constantly checked and reevaluated whether or not I had any biases in making a decision, whereas my INTJ friends took more time to make a decision, but rarely ever re-accessed themselves afterwards.

moody

Local time
-->
BTW:

An immediate family member of mine is an ENTP. Biggest difference between us is that they will love to delve into long explanations and debating, whereas I will get exhausted attempting to do so, and will let something go much more quickly.

And I will get serious more quickly. Our ENFP relative can't handle us in the same vicinity because of how bad our humor gets when we're together. In a car, we'll miss a major turn/exit because we were talking about something nerdy, then we'll look at each other and laugh, all while ENFP is getting ready to kill us.

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 5:05 AM
-->
An immediate family member of mine is an ENTP. Biggest difference between us is that they will love to delve into long explanations and debating, whereas I will get exhausted attempting to do so, and will let something go much more quickly.

Yeah, its like an itch that needs scratching. I get exited and hyped up about debating, mental sparing or just in general being competitive on a non physical level. Feedback on ideas is gr8, because other people might have a perspective I haven't explored yet. Overall fun.

Anthon

5w4, @anthon17i
Local time
-->
you guys are very kind, thank you for all these thoughts. During this time, in fact I sometimes feel itchy to oppose something that I don't think is right. most with satire others with debate. I will argue with close friends. and satire for people outside my close ones. however, I almost never feel happy to be surrounded by strangers. I feel more comfortable alone even though on several occasions I want to be the center of attention and be different. again, thank you for all your thoughts.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 3:05 AM
-->
you guys are very kind, thank you for all these thoughts. During this time, in fact I sometimes feel itchy to oppose something that I don't think is right. most with satire others with debate. I will argue with close friends. and satire for people outside my close ones. however, I almost never feel happy to be surrounded by strangers. I feel more comfortable alone even though on several occasions I want to be the center of attention and be different. again, thank you for all your thoughts.

You should visit more often! I know indonesian language may be a communication barrier but I'm sure google translate can help!

moody

Local time
-->

I think I understand. It seems you are conscious of any repercussions that may come with disagreement. It's not a bad thing, but don't beat yourself up inside.
Based off of this, I think you are an INTP with a healthy amount of extroversion. I could be wrong!

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
-->
Perfectly plausible. Which is why the Big 5 is more scientific than MBTI: it allows for continuums instead of strict dichotomies (which matches the actual personality distribution of the world that largely follows a normal, rather than bimodal, distribution).

Maou

Rising of the Dick hero
Local time
Yesterday 10:05 PM
-->
Functions are not static, end of story. I type as INTJ on many tests, but am an xTNP in reality. My J function is heavily emphasized by my enneagram 6w5 type. So it creates a lot of potential to mistype.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 7:35 AM
-->

It is always going to be AXXX Introversion and Extroversion in MBTI are less about actually being that but more about direction of thoughts. I don't understand why they have to shoehorn pop-culture introversion and extroversion in everything and distorting the theory of Jung

Top Bottom