• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

We are invited!!!

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 1:41 PM
-->
Welp, could have sworn either Lightfoot or Toby were mafia, but guess not. It's funny seeing three players left.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Yesterday 7:41 PM
-->
looks like it is over.

I hadn't been watching the game. So it looks like Quick got NK'ed on Night 2? I guess that was because he was scanning as pretty clear Town to everyone, so... best to be rid of a verified townie. Poor Tenderheart Bear.

... Tomkat. Looks like he was 7 minutes from a lynch on Day 3 and then kind of passively got his fellow scum thrown under the bus. He's a low-key scummie like me, playstyle wise it seems. But it got him to final three.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
I guess it's kind of funny in retrospect, Alex was kind of an absent poster and didn't really get too involved in the game, Tina also used the excuse of being busy and not adding much to the game. TK did pretty well though. He actively played as mafia and no one really felt certain about suspecting him.

But it makes mafia kinda shitty when mafia don't really play. I mean Alex was a long-shot because they didn't know who to lynch with so many inactives; Trundle gave himself away as a replacement for Tina, so that was meh. TK played well. I think either him or Asmodeus did pretty well. But really there was only one active mafia player.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 6:41 PM
-->
I made a case on TK, a good one, but I didn't stick to it, for shame.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I guess it's kind of funny in retrospect, Alex was kind of an absent poster and didn't really get too involved in the game, Tina also used the excuse of being busy and not adding much to the game. TK did pretty well though. He actively played as mafia and no one really felt certain about suspecting him.

But it makes mafia kinda shitty when mafia don't really play. I mean Alex was a long-shot because they didn't know who to lynch with so many inactives; Trundle gave himself away as a replacement for Tina, so that was meh. TK played well. I think either him or Asmodeus did pretty well. But really there was only one active mafia player.

I think what surprised me was early on, it looked like a number of Townies had a bead on scum... but it just never got pursued and/or they weren't quite sure, so events drifted in other directions. TK was called out by a number of people, and they were right in terms of him contributing stuff that looked busy/active without actually advancing much. He just couldn't handle the direct exam in the last round, with everyone focused on him... but it was hard to tell I guess whether he was just not at good at the game as Town or whether Asmodeus was playing a really great scum game or what exactly.

If someone agreed to play and just doesn't show, that's kind of lame. But I guess some scum folks hang back early because they can afford to / it's a viable strategy to not engage much and watch others get lynched; better to leave people doubting than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Yeah, I mean I get that. Just sucks that if someone hangs back and isn't all that active, they have to be policy lynched because they could be mafia. Kind of ruins the spirited interaction of the game.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Yeah, I mean I get that. Just sucks that if someone hangs back and isn't all that active, they have to be policy lynched because they could be mafia. Kind of ruins the spirited interaction of the game.

The post restrictions were very generous. 10 post per game day is the highest I have ever played in a game.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
I guess I just wish there was some way to give mafia an impetus to play, rather than imposing a certain number of posts per day. That way sitting back
and posting, but not really playing, would hurt their team in some way.

Like for example, add a role where someone can actively check someone's alignment without having to wait a day. But it would have to be requested by majority vote and happen anonymously, until that person is dead.

But to balance the role they could get one check per day or something and whoever gets checked dies. So that way at least, mafia don't get to night-kill on top of a policy lynch of inactive players and town has a way to weed out inactive players. Then it's in everyone's interest to be active.

Thingyman

Redshirt
Local time
Today 12:41 AM
-->
Quick Mafia Championship Update

For those who didn't follow the Mafia Championship to the end, Dels from GameFAQs ended up winning the fourth season. He will be receiving a winner's certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of Mafia.

Hydra Event 2017 - Interested?

Last year 220 players from dozens of different communities participated in the first ever cross-community Hydra Event. It was a big success and people have been wanting another one, so... It's finally here!

If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the concept is that each participating community can send multiple hydras if they want, each consisting of two players, which tends to make the game more fun in addition to making it easier to be active since two players are playing on the same account.

Sign-ups will be open for next couple of weeks. Those signing up will receive a link to a Doodle + a Google Survey so that they can be slotted into a game that suits their availability and preferences wrt game size and type.

If you'd like to play, just find a partner and lemme know either here or in the thread below.

More info here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/12461-Hydra-Event-2017

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Interested RB? We could put our differences aside and slay in this game.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 9:41 AM
-->
Naw RB and I the dream team.

EDIT: OMG NO HADO AND I!!! YOU CAN HAVE RB. JUST THINK OF IT!

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I am all for a Hado/Gopher hydra.

Although it might also warp the boundaries of time and space, and maybe screw with people's heads.... :confused:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Pretty sure each community can send as many people as they want, but I will look into this.

Yeah, each community can send as many hydra people as they want.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I think I am going to hydra with this person from PerC tho...

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 9:41 AM
-->
Someone else can go for me, I'm not really interested in hydras and I played a backup champs game anyhow. Mafia's not really interesting me much right now either so all fine.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Someone else can go for me, I'm not really interested in hydras and I played a backup champs game anyhow. Mafia's not really interesting me much right now either so all fine.

C'mon dude...

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
Yesterday 5:41 PM
-->
Hey I just saw this on another site!

Mafia's pretty far-reaching.

Top Bottom