• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Watchword Jungian Personality Test

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 12:09 AM
-->
Hush introduced me (not specifically) to this test over an INFJ.

Extremely interesting, and extremely accurate by the looks of it.

The absolute irony embedded in my results are almost beyond belief.

I highly recommend that you take the test without looking at what I'm going to put in spoilers so that your results cannot be influenced in anyway shape or form.

Luckily for me, I went in blind.

Test:
http://www.watchwordtest.com/wtitle.aspx

The Watchword Technique is a word-association personality test inspired by the theories of the great psychologist C.G. Jung (1875-1961).

The technique allows you to identify your psychological type and to examine important psychological forces and tendencies influencing your life and current situation.

Watchword is not a system of fortune telling and it does not offer advice about problems. In providing a description and interpretation of your psychological situation it may, however, assist your choices and decisions.

At one level, Watchword may be considered simply as an amusing party game or form of psychological solitaire. At its most profound, it is a system that may be used to guide you along the path towards self-fulfilment.

Your Guide ("Progression") represents the principle of 'inner progression' in your personality or situation Guide typically indicates your higher intuitions, inner senses of goodness, rightness or unconscious power

Your Dwarf ("Imagination") represents the principle of regression in your personality or situation. Dwarf typically indicates your inertial tendencies, weaknesses, or features that are holding you back.

Your Soul ("Standstill") Soul represents the principle of inwardness in your personality or situation. Soul typically indicates private thoughts and feelings or your basic inner personality

Your Persona ("Realisation") Persona represents the principle of outwardness in your personality or situation. Persona typically indicates the way you express yourself publicly, your social roles, basic outer personality.

Your Giant ("Crucifixion") Giant represents the principle of progression in personality or situation Giant typically indicates your driving forces, creative impulses, or features that are carrying you forward

Your Imago ("Individuation") represents the principle of outer progression in your personality or situation. Imago typically indicates you ego-ideals, conscious values goals or needs, or an imagined future situation.

Your Shadow ("None") Shadow represents your inner regression in your personality or situation. Shadow typically indicates your hidden side, qualities you have failed to develop, or irrational sensitivities.

Your Spectre ("Being") Spectre represents the principle of outer regression in your personality or situation. Spectre typically indicates difficulties , anxieties, or conscious dislikes, areas where help is sought or needed.

Your Station ("Eureka") Station represents the principle of inner-outer balance in your personality or situation. Station typically indicates your basic style or approach to life, general emotional quality or identity issues.

Your Battle ("Faith") Battle represents the principle of progressive-regressive tension in your personality or situation. Battle typically indicates your personal task or quest, or an area of moral conflict, or a battle to be fought.

Your destiny ("Neurosis") Destiny represents the principle of final resolution in your personality or situation. Destiny typically indicates an anticipated final outcome, ultimate achievement, or what is needed for change.

Level one words shown in green indicate aspects of immediate and superficial concern, sensory experience or to the material or external world.

Level 2 words represent common elements in your immediate experience, features that preoccupy your mind at the present moment.

Level 3 words represent your subjective response to events or experiences, represents significant peronal interests or aversions.

Level 4 words represent psychological dynamics of change and development assessment of virtues and vices.

Level 5 words represent elements in opposition or support in your personal development , area's of personal conflict, struggle or achievement.

Level 6, the final word, represents the realisation of ultimate value or condition. This word encapsulates an important goal or ideal situation.

hush

puppy
Local time
Yesterday 7:09 PM
-->
Good idea using the spoiler tags, like I mentioned over there I think it's best to go in a bit blind. I wish the spoiler tags worked better over at INFJs, on that note - they tend to be glitchy and fail when it comes to images. I think I've teased you guys before about how thoroughly ubiquitous the tags are on this forum, lol, but they do come in handy.

Nice chart. :)
I love seeing how people make their connections; I think it can be insightful, perhaps even more so than the actual reflects. I'm almost positive I'm not an INFP, despite my results, but that's still pretty close.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 1:09 AM
-->
XOIX5hv.png

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Yesterday 5:09 PM
-->
I got a hard INTP, fucked if I know how. The test accidentally insulted me, so that's a plus (my "persona" is "boring").

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I got an ISFJ, I'm not sure what to think anymore :storks:.

I was impressed by the accuracy of word stages and what value I was expected to give them, it was quite on point.
I got a hard INTP, fucked if I know how. The test accidentally insulted me, so that's a plus (my "persona" is "boring").
Everyone knows INTP's aren't boring, they are simply "interesting in their own way".

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Really though, I wonder about the test because it wasn't transparent like other personality tests. Our answers could mean anything and come from anywhere. I literally went in alphabetical order with the 16 random words (I went "abalone", "balanced", "component", etc.)

Maybe it just went with our analysis of the words afterward.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 4:09 PM
-->

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
2TmcUY9.png

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I got INFP as well. Used mostly abstract words. It was difficult knowing which types of words to use, and when I first started a string the entire thing became one theme. My associations from the previous two words spilled over in the two next etc

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I think some of you guys 'over thought' it.

Did you miss the instructions when they said to 'clear your mind' and allow the words to come to you? You weren't supposed to 'know' what words to choose. You were supposed to let your unconscious do the thinking for you.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
... unless you're dorks like we are -- incapable of clearing our minds or being confident that we're doing the right thing.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:09 AM
-->
I got the worst fucking results. I don't think the test works for people like me. It said 'goatse' is one of my psychological dynamics of change and development and my destiny is 'disturbed'. Fuck you! :mad:

Also apparently I'm an ENFP. But that's only because a lot of my words were about other people's weirdness, so I put them under 'feeling'.

Also I failed the test because I kept putting my words in the wrong box, so I used up all my original words several times. Aaargh!

Most of my words were extremely unrelated to anything the test said should be going on - "javelin" was an "area of immediate concern" apparently, but really I just put it down cos it felt nice to say. (I never think about nor see javelins.) Actually almost all my words were put down for that reason; very few for any psychological attachment. Some words just make satisfying mouth feels and sounds!

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
2TmcUY9.png

That's the TMB's image. If you didn't want to open spoilers just quote it and copy it. Use that for future spoilers.

Now for mine. I think I broke it.

c9f11d5f64.png

MY NE IS NOT ENOUGH! (I worked it out)

2bb17ab162.png

Something went wrong here...

The end result doesn't make any sense. I got caught up in a loop. One side somehow ended up in assassination and the other volleyball. I don't even play volleyball...

I got ESTP. Maybe that's why my Ne isn't enough. :p

MisterAnonymous

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:09 PM
-->
I got ESFJ; the absolute opposite of INTP with respect to MBTI. Now which one is me!?
By the way, I took MBTI test three times so far and each time tried to answer questions from slightly different point of view. However, I get the same type (INTP) every time.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Hahaha, fuck knows why you guys and the test don't seem to be getting along, right.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Did it again using words around my office for level 1. The "dynamic" were insane. Like apparently, I need help in (and have and aversion or dislike for) Horticulture.

Got ENTP this time.

Attachments

• result1.jpg
    result1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 697

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Really though, I wonder about the test because it wasn't transparent like other personality tests. Our answers could mean anything and come from anywhere. I literally went in alphabetical order with the 16 random words (I went "abalone", "balanced", "component", etc.)
I won't bother to check but I'd guess it didn't analyse the word input when deciding mbti. It only relied on the 4 impressions of each word (inner/outer etc.)

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Yesterday 4:09 PM
-->
This dumb test just called me an ENFP :mad:

"The final word represents the realization of an ultimate value or condition."

My final word was "tautology" :confused:

kyrdnVF.png

Some context:
Dick was meant to represent Dick Van Dyke, not the male genital.
The cut off words are Hammertime and psychedelia.
the first uses of "is" were meant to represent the state of being. Ie. death is a bummer, cartoons are entertainment, life is discomfort.
After that it got pretty circular. What connects the state of being with the state of being? Well I guess the state of being.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
^^ Loving the poop-theme you had going on :D

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
INTP.

My Guide is pineapple.
My Spectre is watermelon.
My Destiny is Jacques Cousteau.
My Battle is slapstick.

Oh great pineapple please guide and protect me from any nefarious spectral watermelons that may cross my path on the way to the great slapstick battle that will lead me to my destiny...Jacques Couseau!

Then again it did list my soul as absurd so maybe the test is onto something here.

[bimgx=600]http://i.imgur.com/2CHOv9z.png[/bimgx]

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
-->
Your DESTINY = 'destiny'
lol thats a bit tautological, isnt it?
Another funny one:
Your GUIDE = 'religion'

And my type: INFJ

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 8:09 AM
-->
Hmm my final word was 'the future'.

So destiny = the future? Diction-wise destiny sort of means the future.

I didn't bother with the types, it seemed like too much of a hassle.

That was fun though :D

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 1:09 PM
-->
[bimgx=700]https://s32.postimg.org/ctcnbwa79/watchword_test.jpg[/bimgx]

well well. It appears I might be racist.

2TmcUY9.png

omg, it goes on forever.

Local time
-->
my guide=surrender
my persona=dead
my soul=helpless
my battle= moss
my destiny= decomposing

that's right im a crusty half-dead botch kill me already

MisterAnonymous

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:09 PM
-->
I just found something funny. No matter what words you fill in the fields, if you choose

Inner
Reason
Abstract
Static

for each of the words in the box, you will be typed as INTJ!

Similarly, if you replace 'static' with 'changing' in the above explanation, you will get INTP.
Give it a shot

J-man

Cobra Kai
Local time
Yesterday 6:09 PM
-->
Your destiny: ignorance. Well fuck.

Station: deranged

Spectre: incel

Cool test.

Rooke

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 8:09 PM
-->
A think you guy f'd up. You shouldn't have to think about meaningful words on level one.
I thought about absolute trivial words, like "key", and my results were pretty accurate.

INTJ

The first time I did MBTI I got INTJ as well. The second time I did MBTI I got INTP
and indentified better with this type. However I'm still not that far away from INTJ, so the results are accurate.

Or maybe I'm just a very lazy INTJ afterall.

1aef8e715ef6427fa58f64c0c8135210.png

roguedoll

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 7:09 PM
-->
Very cool! I got INTP, although about 55-65% on each letter.

Your Giant: Analyze

Surprise, surprise.

watchword_zpsdroq8phq.gif

RaBind

sparta? THIS IS MADNESS!!!
Local time
-->
[bimgx=700]https://s32.postimg.org/ctcnbwa79/watchword_test.jpg[/bimgx]

well well. It appears I might be racist.

Looks to me like you hate everyone. Probably not a racist, unsure if any better than one though.

That site seems to suggest lots of intps are actually mistyped infps based on the data from previous polls. I got infp too in fact.

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
Yesterday 8:09 PM
-->
Looks like I'm ESFP this week. I was watching a movie and high on chocolate bars when I did the test though. And I wasn't catching my "first words" to mind... it went more like "Uhhhhh needaword needaword needaword...*shukkashukkashukka* [word]"

I should prolly quiet down a little and try again.

*kicks chocolate bar wrapper under the couch* :kodama1:

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 1:09 PM
-->
Looks to me like you hate everyone. Probably not a racist, unsure if any better than one though.

Hah! I probably do hate everyone. But not in a judgmental kind of way. More of a cynical perspective.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 11:09 AM
-->
Whelp. That's it. I'm now ENFP

*glances at Lagomorph*

I want lotto numbers next.

Top Bottom