• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Watchmen MBTI Types

jameslikespie

Local time
Today 6:20 AM
-->
What do you guys think the characters from Watchmen are?

I'm guessing:

Rorschach: INFP

The Comedian: ESTP

Doctor Manhattan: INTP

Ozymandias: INTJ

Nite Owl: INFJ

Laurie: ESFJ

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 5:20 PM
-->
wrong, they're all INFJs

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
Lol. I think Rorscach might be an INFJ otherwise I pretty much agree. I'm not sure about Nightowl or Laurie though. INFJ - ESFJ would make a doomed relationship I think :P

A22

occasional poster
Local time
-->
Well Rorschach is kind of impulsive and likes action. He also sees the world (I guess) in a very negative and perhaps realistic way. IDK about he being an INFP. I'd type him as ESFP.

I agree about the others.

jameslikespie

Local time
-->
When bringing up this subject, people have most difficulty typing Rorschach, since he's such a strange character.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I would have called Veidt an INFP. Extremely idealistic... maybe moreso in the film than in the graphic novel, but certainly in the graphic novel, too. He's an INFP gone... morally ambiguous. I was going to say "bad".

Rorschach is insane. Types are for sane people. I'm not sure if Doctor Manhattan can be typed, either. I mean, he's basically a god, his personality would be incomprehensible and presumably totally incomparable to a human one. You could maybe type Jon Osterman before he became Doctor Manhattan, though.

Awaken

Gone for good
Local time
-->
Dr. Manhattan is probably my favorite superhero. Im not sure if it is because I thought of him as INTP, or that he was basically a God.

Grimoire

Necronomicon
Local time
Today 2:20 AM
-->
Rorschach: ISTJ
I don't agree with the consensus that Rorschach is an intuitive simply because he has a "weird" way of looking at life or his internal monologue. He is simply introspective which hasn't aligned itself exclusively with Intuitive types, and this is further explained by Carl Jung's Psychological Types book that goes into depth. Rorschach has shown to have tendencies to stick to his own beliefs that exclude social norms, so it doesn't make sense to think he is a Fe-Ti user as opposed to Te-Fi. He remembers specific dates, has strict habits (his need for order that was explicit in the comic when he makes several requests to the porter outside his apartment), compulsive about security, flippant about harming others and isn't above tramping over the greater good for his own values. To avoid spoilers I won't mention what happens at the end of the comic or in the movie, but he suffers because he didn't think keeping his silence was worth it for the greater good.

The Comedian: ESTP
Materialistic, hedonistic, self-indulgent and only concerned with his way of perceiving life as "rational" by turning it into a big extravagant joke, hence his title. He is energized by action and is a thrill-seeker more so than Silk Spectre. His Ti is more apparent than any Te centric arguments when he is shown to wanting to "understand what the joke is" and the underlying culture he was raised with. He displays moments of insight when he explained to Nite Owl regarding the mob's apparent descent into chaos due to another historically significant plot point.

Doctor Manhattan: INTP
I can't believe people think he is INFJ, INFP, ISTJ or even INTJ. None of these fit his character and this is further exemplified in the comics where he explains how he is somebody who is very inactive. He doesn't want to enact large-scale changes to earth like Ozymandias and is primarily concerned with making sense of everything and finding different universes to begin life.

Ozymandias: INTJ
This is obvious. He spends the majority of his time coming up with several plans and even has back-up plans in case if his other plans fail. His final confrontation with Manhattan springs to mind as a better example and how he convinced him to see his point of view. He leads from the shadows the majority of the time and orchestrated many events simultaneously to achieve his goal.

Nite Owl: ISFJ
He was simply caring, comforting and was proud of his role as a "protector of innocents," there is no evidence of dominant Ni (Introverted Intuition) in his thinking in the comics or in the movie at all, nor is he inclined to think far ahead compared to Ozymandias.

Silk Spectre: ISFP
She is clearly a feeler, but not the kind people think she is. She leads with the dominant process of Introverted Feeling and follows her own moral compass in every situation. She convinces Dr Manhattan during a plot-critical point because she felt it was what closely aligned with her belief how he ought to be, as opposed to just for the sake of preserving life in of itself. She is a clear sensor from her demeanour regarding her attitudes of abstract manners. When Dr Manhattan showed her how he experienced time, she disregarded it and regarded it as inferior to what she thought was right. She is even bored by his monologue and barely understands anything.

Top Bottom