• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Video Analysis: Women in Politics

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:34 PM
-->

1:25
I think there's always been homosexuality and gender dysphoria, it's not a new thing, we're just more aware of it.
I think the meaning of the word "transsexual" has changed with the advent of hormone treatments and surgical procedures that weren't previously available and it will change again as such technologies improve.
I don't think the social justice movement is to blame for recent changes in society, rather it's symptom of it.

3:10
I expect to have a say in my country's legal system but not on a case by case basis, I go by a social contract theory whereby choosing to live in a country is a choice to live under that country's laws, if I'm living in a country I can (as a citizen) push to have its laws changed but I have to respect them while they're still in effect, otherwise I should seek citizenship elsewhere.

Masculinity vs Femininity

I agree with his point but not how he's making it, I don't think this is a masculinity vs femininity problem but rather an ideological divide between realists and idealists, he admits that neither side is entirely male or female and it's my conjecture that neither ideology is inherently masculine or feminine.

4:55
I don't think men and women are the same, I would agree each gender has its own tenancies but I don't think the male nationalist and female globalist demographics are as pronounced as he thinks they are, I really think this is a mostly gender neutral ideological divide.

6:00
Apparently this program had male presenter, and is that a male teacher, and who are those other two men dancing with the kids? Granted it's not conclusive proof but it supports my theory that this is an ideological conflict.

7:20
I think it's an idealist notion that equality is homogeneity, because it's simple, enforceable, when men and women have different roles in society comparing who is getting a better deal is like comparing apples and oranges. The realist perspective is that absolute equality is impossible so as long as things aren't blatantly unfair then it's good enough and that treating people respectfully isn't necessarily the same as treating them equally.

9:42
Wow that makes me uncomfortable, in my experience it's not that women are putting it off but rather men (myself included) who are avoiding it, this whole reproduction thing is just weird and fucked up, selfishness aside I don't see myself being proud of having brought a child into this overpopulated and increasingly messed up world.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:34 AM
-->
4:19 in video: "this is what civil disobedience looks like". Facepalm. That's actually exactly what it doesn't look like. When you do civil disobedience, you don't try to weasel your way out of the legal repercussions afterwards (she got herself a lawyer). The whole point of civil disobedience is that you accept the concept of laws, but willingly break particular ones and willingly suffer the legal consequences of doing so. There's not supposed to be a "free lunch" in civil disobedience. What she is doing is virtue signalling: she is "courageous" when she can do her stuff with impunity and with the support of a lot of people, but then lawyers up when it turns out there are downsides to her shenanigans.

Anyways, I think social democracy makes more sense for women on a biological level. During our evolutionary history almost every woman reproduced, whereas only a minority of men did so. "Equality" is not a natural concept to men. That doesn't mean that as a man, I don't want to be generous, but I want to be generous on my own terms on choose whom I'm generous to. And generosity, btw, is a typical alpha-male trait in the animal kingdom. This social-democracy and state-imposed-equality shit is turning us all into soy boys. If it goes on like this we'll end up as Japan where dudes only fuck robots and jerk off to cartoons.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:34 PM
-->
I don’t think SJW soyboys and hentai waifu robot lovers are the same people, the former are all about virtue signalling, the latter don’t give a shit.

I hang out with leftists a lot and we don’t talk about immigration or human rights or LGBT issues. We’re talking about the bourgeoisie privatising public services and how the proletariat need to rise up to reinstate governance by the people for the people. In that way you could say I’m aligned with the nationalists, but they’re too preoccupied with xenophobia and protecting their right to bear arms and impose their religion, I don’t get it, they want a strong nation but they don’t want a strong government.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:34 PM
-->
Uh huh, so the "victim" was actually a man convicted for assault and will get deported anyway. Good job hero. It's this knee-jerk virtue signaling that I don't like. Do these guys even plan for the short term on the legal repercussions of their actions and the victims' background?

On women on STEM

I want to understand how you empower your womenfolk there in the west on STEM.

Do you:

a) equip them with stem skills and then let them earn their creds through hard work in the field and see for themselves how horribly competitive STEM is or
b) give them pep talk that they're women and can do anything. Promise them stuff like work-life balance and general happiness.

On globalism vs. nationalism

Actually, I'm for globalism's virtues but I prefer that the West keep themselves nationalists. The restrictions caused by nationalism might be harsh but it also ensures that values such as long-term planning and hard work will be retained by people after me. Globalism will simply breed weak ass entitled generations.

On breeding and putting children off

I don't see any issues on restoring being a housewife as a prestigious position. Women here are doing fine being both a professional and a mother. Heck, my powerful and successful single female friends were totes okay being housewives and some actually did become one.

I think the problem is that fatherhood isn't so much a good deal in the West than here. Men seek respect but media portrayals of fatherhood show them that the position is for clueless idiots while being single and promiscuous command respect. So being single and sleeping around is a way better deal: No derision, you get your dick wet and you gain respect of your peers.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 7:34 PM
-->
lol

Deleted member 1424

I don't watch drivel, but clearly we need to test this hypothesis. A nation with women operating all meaningful positions in government and any other power structures. If the thought of living in such a place makes you feel uncomfortable, fellas, well there's empathy 101 for you. :D

We should also test out a nation without women whatsoever or vice verse. See what happens. Let's go mad unfeeling, unethical science on this bitch.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
I don't watch drivel, but clearly we need to test this hypothesis. A nation with women operating all meaningful positions in government and any other power structures.

Yup it's called the Philippines. Women already have been President, House Speaker and Chief Justice positions here not to mention business and the academe.

If the thought of living in such a place makes you feel uncomfortable, fellas, well there's empathy 101 for you. :D

Is that really a big deal for you guys? People in power mess up things regardless of gender.

We should also test out a nation without women whatsoever or vice verse. See what happens. Let's go mad unfeeling, unethical science on this bitch.

:yuri::yaoi:

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
I don't watch drivel, but clearly we need to test this hypothesis. A nation with women operating all meaningful positions in government and any other power structures.

Yup it's called the Philippines. Women already have been President, House Speaker and Chief Justice positions here not to mention business and the academe.

lol they make up less than 20% of the political workforce

how is that an example of "a nation with women operating all meaningful positions in government and any other power structures."

in fact, how are social phenomena the fault of women when positions of power are predominantly held by men? wouldn't systemic problems then be the fault of men? it's a bit strange how people will attribute problems to being the fault of females, due to female involvement in power structures - when their involvement in these power structures is still to this day, minimal at best.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->

lol they make up less than 20% of the political workforce

how is that an example of "a nation with women operating all meaningful positions in government and any other power structures."

in fact, how are social phenomena the fault of women when positions of power are predominantly held by men? wouldn't systemic problems then be the fault of men? it's a bit strange how people will attribute problems to being the fault of females, due to female involvement in power structures - when their involvement in these power structures is still to this day, minimal at best.

Huh? Who's blaming women for what again?

You mean women at the top of the organizational food chain have minimal involvment? What a patronizing view of women. Last time I checked they can mess up or fix stuff equally as men.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
i can't tell if you're deliberately strawmanning me or what but your post makes no actual sense

"In 2001, there had been 7.7% of Filipino women in the Philippine Senate, 19.0% in the Philippine Congress, 19.5% serving as governors, 13.0% as vice-governors, 16.5% as board members, 15.6% as mayors, 12.4% as vice-mayors, 17.4% as councilors. In Philippine courts, there were 21.4% Filipino women judges in 2001.[1] "

explain how the Phillipines is an example of "a nation with women operating all meaningful positions in government and any other power structures."

when 78-87% of power positions are not held by women?

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
i can't tell if you're deliberately strawmanning me or what but your post makes no actual sense

"In 2001, there had been 7.7% of Filipino women in the Philippine Senate, 19.0% in the Philippine Congress, 19.5% serving as governors, 13.0% as vice-governors, 16.5% as board members, 15.6% as mayors, 12.4% as vice-mayors, 17.4% as councilors. In Philippine courts, there were 21.4% Filipino women judges in 2001.[1] "

explain how the Phillipines is an example of "a nation with women operating all meaningful positions in government and any other power structures."

when 78-87% of power positions are not held by women?

And your point is what you want 50:50 100? Would that exist IRL or magically in your head? How do you plan to make that IRL?

I would prefer women earn their position fair and square and not because some bleeding heart thinks so because they have a vag.

And why focus on quantity rather than quality of their top positions?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
you still haven't explained how a country where 78-87% of power positions held by men is meant to be an adequate example of "a nation with women operating all meaningful positions in government and any other power structures."

there's no point wasting your time with transparent strawmans. own up to your statements and explain them

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 6:04 PM
-->
This conversation would be clarified if Pyro would go back and read Adaire's original idea. You're talking past each other.

A government comprised of 100% women.

Local time
-->
biological reproduction engenders a war of all against all

the "battle" between genders is a manufactured spook

power is the one oppressor

- divide and conquer 101

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 5:34 PM
-->
didn't we already trash this video like a year ago

either way my thoughts are that this gender war thing is just something that gains traction because it's something which everyone has. anyone can join in on the argument, which is why eventually it's going to be a topic in political circles and be some weirdly forced ideological movement, bigger than it is now

i think as an ideal feminism is fine, or rather, the standard, but when it turns into an ideology it turns the ideals into a weaponized political tool, something that is designed to hurt something or someone. if it comes to that i would vehemently reject that kind of movement

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I don’t think SJW soyboys and hentai waifu robot lovers are the same people, the former are all about virtue signalling, the latter don’t give a shit.

I hang out with leftists a lot and we don’t talk about immigration or human rights or LGBT issues. We’re talking about the bourgeoisie privatising public services and how the proletariat need to rise up to reinstate governance by the people for the people. In that way you could say I’m aligned with the nationalists, but they’re too preoccupied with xenophobia and protecting their right to bear arms and impose their religion, I don’t get it, they want a strong nation but they don’t want a strong government.
I assume you guys are doing some sort of costume party thing where you imagine you are Karl Marx 150 years ago, theorizing about the economy. Otherwise you would know that most people are in the upper and middle class nowadays – thanks to liberal capitalism (and fully contrary to Marx' predictions). Anyone can buy shares in the means of production at their local stock exchange. Anyone can start their own business. The "proletariat" doesn't really exist anymore.

I get your point though. You don't need to be a stereotypical SJW to be a leftist/Marxist.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
not sure if on topic or not, but just wanted to say: Swedish chicks love to proclaim their leftist polticial views on their okcupid profiles, sometimes to the point of expressing an outright hostility towards any man with an opposing political view. I wonder 1) what in the fuck are they trying to achieve with that, and 2) is there a more cringeworthy and unlikable thing you can do on a dating site

It's like some sort of virus that has taken their brains hostage and now tries to spread

Recent example:

Screenshot from 2018-08-08 23-27-25.jpg

edit: lol sorry I know I look like I'm going crazy right now but I just saw this one and it made me laugh out loud:

Screenshot from 2018-08-09 00-13-38.jpg

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:34 AM
-->
We do not really know how the different genders operate in politics. Non presented here anyway.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
not sure if on topic or not, but just wanted to say: Swedish chicks love to proclaim their leftist polticial views on their okcupid profiles, sometimes to the point of expressing an outright hostility towards any man with an opposing political view. I wonder 1) what in the fuck are they trying to achieve with that, and 2) is there a more cringeworthy and unlikable thing you can do on a dating site

It's like some sort of virus that has taken their brains hostage and now tries to spread

Recent example:

View attachment 3745

edit: lol sorry I know I look like I'm going crazy right now but I just saw this one and it made me laugh out loud:

View attachment 3746

This is what happens when you allow the church to become a state enterprise.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
@Serac

there's literally a dating site for people who support trump that's filled with men who espouse the same kind of things, just in reverse

are their brains taken by a virtue and held hostage too?

if no, explain the difference

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Serac

there's literally a dating site for people who support trump that's filled with men who espouse the same kind of things, just in reverse

are their brains taken by a virtue and held hostage too?

if no, explain the difference
what are you talking about, dude.

1) this is okcupid, not a special-interest dating site for lefties
2) if someone put up "I think right-wing politics is hot" on okcupid I would think they are just as idiotic as the ones I listed above

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
so a pro-trump dating website doesn't indicate virtues and being "held hostage" but stating your political preference on a dating website does?

so why are the "swedish chicks" of special note when that kind of idiocy occurs wholesale in numerous places?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

the church as a religious enterprise enables and encourages widespread child abuse, pedophilia and systemic oppression - and then goes and uses all their tax free revenue to hire expensive lawyers to cover it up

but boy those people with strong political views though, nope that's the tipping point where it all went wrong. what a catastrophe.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Honestly Serac, people of opposing views are okay as friends, but if I were looking for a partner, I'd want to be somewhat on the same page. I don't date religious people for example, and I wouldn't date someone beyond mildly right leaning without some profound mitigating factor.

Not only that, but at least from the perspective of a feminist, there is a lot of shit that they're simply not going to want to have to put up with. If you view certain conventions as discriminatory against you (whether you're right or not), you're not going to want to bring those conventions into your life. If you assume their world view it makes sense.

Sure it can be a bit cringey, but... you know... welcome to online dating profiles.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Hadoblado well at least on okcupid you can specify your politics and choose whether you want to be matched against people with the same preferences. There's no reason whatsoever for these people to put their political views on blast.

You can also choose to be matched based on race, for example. So this is like me choosing to only be matched against white people and writing in my profile "if you're not white, go screw yourself".

That, as we all know, would be inappropriate (to put it mildly). As with politics. That's why there are these built-in ways to filter people based on political views without having to put your political views on blast. But whaddya know, they do it anyway.

"Social justice turns me on". @redbaron, I recommend you jump on that opportunity.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Ah, okay. Yeah that ups the cringe for me.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
what opportunity am i jumping on again?

dating filters are unreliable and are regularly ignored/bypassed by people, so the need to actually advertise it is still there. lesbians get hit on by men in spite of filters for this reason.

given the unreliability of filters, do you consider it relevant to put political views on blast?

or what if they want to put it on blast because they hold political views closely and are seeking the same in a partner?

and i'd say that political discrimination is a pretty different thing to racial discrimination. political alignments don't afford the same protection from ridicule or mockery that race/sex does. i feel like we shouldn't need to discuss why, but then again this is intpforum

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
@Serac my posts are me asking you to clarify or expand on your sweeping statements with reasoning, and highlighting similar incidences of what appears to be the same kind of 'virtue brain hostage' that you're trying to mock here, and asking if you equate them.

taking swipes at (your assumptions of) my dating habits in response to that is straight up ridiculous. stop being a child.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->

the church as a religious enterprise enables and encourages widespread child abuse, pedophilia and systemic oppression - and then goes and uses all their tax free revenue to hire expensive lawyers to cover it up

but boy those people with strong political views though, nope that's the tipping point where it all went wrong. what a catastrophe.

Saying the church as a religious enterprise is kind of redundant, and also I'm not catholic, as in I don't think clergymen should say celibate, but either way since you're so fond of numbers, of all the catholic priests in the world what percentage do you think are or were sex offenders?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
doesn't really seem relevant to speculate how many are sex offenders when they go to such great lengths to cover up and protect the people that do it?

there's not a percentage answer that would change the validity of the fact that at a systemic level, they're enabling and encouraging these behaviours

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Serac my posts are me asking you to clarify or expand on your sweeping statements with reasoning, and highlighting similar incidences of what appears to be the same kind of 'virtue brain hostage' that you're trying to mock here, and asking if you equate them.

taking swipes at (your assumptions of) my dating habits in response to that is straight up ridiculous. stop being a child.
First of all... it wasn't "virtue", but "virus".

Now, you seem to not really get the funny part about the whole thing. It's an old wisdom that starting an interaction with politics as a conversation topic is a very bad strategy when it comes to romance. So it seems that when you see the need to bring up politics on your okcupid profile, you kinda have to be some sort of fanatic. And here I am observing females peddling leftist politics in Sweden – which is funny because Sweden is a majority leftist country and has been so for the last century. They make it sound like they are some sort of courageous, edgy activists, whereas they are just hammering in what is already an established mainstream narrative. Also, I have skimmed through hundreds of male profiles (for research purposes), and not a single one of them mentioned anything about politics. This makes Swedish Chicks look like they are in the grips of a virus (no.. not "virtue", but "virus").

Boy, I'm gonna pat myself on the shoulder for writing all this out.

what opportunity am i jumping on again?
Like, in terms of looks, or what. She was actually kinda hot. I can give you the link if you want.

Top Bottom