• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Trance, Hardstyle, electro, EDM music?

Glaerhaidh

straightedgy
Local time
Today 11:29 AM
-->
Super hard to find good hardstyle. I tried and it's the only fun track I got
Can you recommend anything?

Some good trance stuff I found recently:
Uplifting trance is too slow and needs to be more melodic, full on trance needs less distorted moments and uses too much of the same synthesizer.

BurnedOut

Local time
Today 2:59 PM
-->
I heard the song you posted above and groked this genre. I believe that there is a genre that is perhaps better than this and also fulfils all the requirements except one: diverse percussions (this is not what you specified but believe me, you need it after some time)

I am talking about DnB.

DnB has one caveat though and that is it is a lot like metalcore: good stuff is really good and average stuff is corny and bad stuff sounds like mario's soundtrack.

Also, special mention to Skrillex and Aphex Twin. They are not too concerned with melody but the occasional break from formula is nice. Also, they are pretty hard.

Skrillex:
- kill everybody
- kyoto
- bangarang
- cimema

For DnB:
- Rameses B: Neon Rainbow
- Feint: Words: We won't be alone
- Cartoon: Why we lose
- INTERCOM: Decoy World
- Be electric: The Qemists
- Rameses B: Timeless ft.Veela

Special mentions:
- Dance with the dead: Go
- DWTD: Riot
- Seven Lions: (Dabin's Remix) Freesol
- MitiS: Moments

joynerwheel

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:29 PM
-->
Still heard Mario soundtrack? i just play Super Mario bros

Glaerhaidh

straightedgy
Local time
Today 11:29 AM
-->
After listening to DnB and a lot of different EDM genres I could find I concluded that there are exceptions in most of them that I enjoy, but I can't pin them to a single genre. Each EDM genre has something good to offer, though it's lost in a sea of generic and uninspired music, but the same problem exists outside of EDM in metal and other genres too.

Stuff I enjoyed covers synthwave, trance, DnB, chiptune, electro swing etc. Best examples here if you're looking for some EDM to try:

BurnedOut

Local time
Today 2:59 PM
-->
I recently found another amazing track of your requirements. Careful to not listen it it too frequently or else it will lose its appeal. It has for me and that is obvious due to lack of cerebralness to it found in evergreen songs (even simple ones such as 'Losing My Religion')

Another trance + trap + DnB I found is this artist: seversvlt. However, as usual, the tracks become rather monotonous after you listen to them a couple of times. Also, try not to consume too many of their songs, they are quite similar in most aspects, you will lose the fun.

Top Bottom