• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

~Thinking out side humanity's spectrum~

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 4:54 AM
-->
Do you ever find yourself following a little line of schema's in a such a way?

A way which is entirely inhuman?

I haven't got a name for it yet, but I'll give you a few of the main syptoms-

-Becoming fascinated by one particular aspect of something, which is particularily uncommon and dull for most humans.
One example would be communication. We all do it,and thus we ignore it in it's complexity.
But yesterday I stopped just to watch two people speak, noting not just their words, but their movements, tone,stance and possible thoughts..
I found it fascinating, like I'd never thought about it really....not without a human twist... it really is a complex and brilliant thing which is altogether one of our greatest acheivements.
Not only linking things places and people to words, but developing entire concepts through words...

-Finding particular aspects of humanity amusing and altogether pointless.

This often gets you in trouble with people who can't see things in any other way, so you might not mention it often...

-Sitting quietly and pondering about how pointless and futile everything is, especially all the human achievements around you.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
Yesterday 9:54 PM
-->
Re: ~Thinking out side humanities spectrum~

Yesterday I saw my cousin's baby for the first time and everyone in the family was cooing over her and I just sat back and felt very inhuman.

Was I shown that sort of attention? It's weird that I can't remember them surrounding me and me being passed around to be held, yet I was entirely conscious. And then I was watching how her arms were flailing about and how she hadn't learned how to control her own body yet. That's how I was at one point. My grandpa had been promoted to "great grandpa" and watching him hold her was fascinating; he was so careful with her head and he looked as though he was looking at someone who'd never remember him outside of possibly one day being told that he was her great grandfather. I remembered the picture of my great grandmother holding me in that same situation and it was a cold thought. I'd imagine they feel some sort of closure at the end of life being completely surrounded by people who wouldn't be there if condoms were in style back in their day.

I felt like a cow who was let out of line at an animal processing plant and getting a unique opportunity to see the happily mooing cows just walking in at the same time as seeing the ones at the front of the line get butchered.

Does that count? :o

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
Yesterday 11:54 PM
-->

I find myself doing this to. I am disgusted/fascinated by other people. I find myself studying and analyzing them to figure out what might make them tick, especially from a natural selection perpective. Then I usually try to figure out ways I can avoid the trappings that other people get themselves into. I have a desperate need to be different from others, so I feel like if I can study them I can know why they do what they do, and then avoid doing it myself.

Zezon Vice

Local time
-->

Recently iv found myself thinking about the past. I know most say to let the past go, but why? I guess its better if you feel like having a good day but i dont either way. To the point, have you ever thought about how deep each moment should be being that we will never experience that moment again. I seem to relate times in my past to feelings. Not describable feelings though. Scents would be the closest thing i could compare them to, and i think of how i used to sit there and have my brother yell at me over something stupid or how id sit out in the dirt and ammuse myself with the simplest things and ideas and what i felt like at the time. Some part of me looks back and remembers thoughs feelings and misses them. I know ill never have the ability to feel that way again. Some how i dread that and wish i could go back knowing it would all fade away and things would get so much more complicated. No one i know seems to think about it.

I would much rather hear someone talk then talk myself. I find it deeply interesting to listen and watch a person express themselves. When ppl ask why i always tell them i learn about them that way, but then they always ask what i learned and i never know how to describe it. Its not so much that i learned relayable info by listening its that i learned a bit about how they think, which to me is amasing in a way.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 5:54 PM
-->
Do you ever ....

...Sitting quietly and pondering about how pointless and futile everything is, especially all the human achievements around you.

Yes.

It is my default setting.

Observing humanity from outside human parameters.

I tell myself some lovely stories about being alien in order to explain it all.

(You'll find on-line communities of people convinced of their alien status, but that's taking it all a little too seriously literal for my tastes. I truly don't know who or what I am, or where these perceptions arise from.)

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
Yesterday 10:54 PM
-->
Too often for comfort.

(Isn't it lovely? Here I can just join the mass. Not that I think of you as mass, but you know what I mean)

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
*hugs Kidege*

Sorry Kidege, I just had to.

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
Today 12:54 AM
-->
two quotes that this post kind of reminds me of (not exactly sure why)

"on a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero" (from Fight Club)
"when it comes to our memories, we all stack the deck" (from a Stephen King book)

futility of life is something i often ponder about. that, and the question of "why is there something instead of nothing?" i've always found life to be quite pointless. i often wonder why i'm not a full fledged nihilist, but i suppose i can sometimes find my own subjective reasons for remaining animated (although even thats a difficult task at times).

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
i've always found life to be quite pointless. i often wonder why i'm not a full fledged nihilist, but i suppose i can sometimes find my own subjective reasons for remaining animated (although even thats a difficult task at times).

Which is what facing the silence of the world in its response to the question gives us the freedom to do, choose our own subjective reasons for life.
One of my favourite phrases is: 'The path of a saint and the path of a serial killer are the same'.
Which is not to compare the two paths as doing similar actions, but the underlying reason for each is that they knew deep within where their path lay, and they pursued it despite the opposition from others and the arbitrary cultural 'rules', as well as daring to choose life in the face of the absurdity of existence and the knowledge of the inescapable conclusion to life.
Pick you own reasons and live them.

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
*hugs Kidege*

Sorry Kidege, I just had to.

Yay, Auntie Lor loves me! Can I have a puppy now, Auntie Lor? *Kidege looks at Lor with big, hopeful eyes*

:D

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
Humanity is one great folly... and I love it.

EloquentBohemian said:
Which is what facing the silence of the world in its response to the question gives us the freedom to do, choose our own subjective reasons for life. (...) Pick you own reasons and live them

Nietzsche said:
Dead are all gods: now we want the overman to live

Gorgrim

Local time
Today 5:54 AM
-->
Observing humans, their different personalities and how they work together - and how everybodys relationships work -

why A gets along with B and why C gets along with A and not B.

the whole symphony of a group of people, and it's problems, too. People's intentions, and effects using different words tones and (body)language.

Really, anything that most people in this country, seem to not think of.. it just 'happens'. critical thinking, not just settling with it's this way because it's this way.

in the end..you may argue that if you are going to die once, why bother thinking for yourself that much. But if im not thinking it makes existance even the more pointless. If im not gonna try and see what everything is about, what's the point in the first place )

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
Ooh, a puppy! Uncle Le Bohé gave me a puppy! I'm gonna hugg it and kiss it and love it forever!

Er. *Kidege locks the Fe away and stops channeling Elmyra*

So, yeah, humanity.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Lost, after wandering irresponsibly away from the
Sometimes I start talking and think my voice sounds weird. Really weird. I then begin to think other people's voices sound weird too. Before you know it I'm pondering my own tendency to see things in random and unexpected ways and comparing it to my past experiences of this (it's not common, but I know the feeling fairly well) and wondering what's causing it.

People are so bizarre: I could study them forever if they didn't annoy me so much.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->
The state is kind of weird; it's almost as if all other moments and perspectives are interchangeable. But it's not, as much as it feels that way, since even this state seems to be relative to my own specific location in temporal and spatial existence.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->

I have never understood Humans.
I have always been a Stranger in a Strange land.
A Weird , in the Medieval sense,
So that is why I found Psychology fascinating,
"So that's how They do it"
Then I heard the the Female Psychologists
had invented a new type of Psychology
called Human Relations,
it defines Humanity as relationships,
as prepositional objects.
Of course, I had to get a degree in that too,
because I had never had a 'human' relationship.
So here I sit, after reading hundred of books,
talking to thousands of people,
and I still can't look thru Their eyes -
when They look at me....

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
I too identify as a medieval weird...

and I still can't look thru Their eyes -
when They look at me....

...and in these two short lines you have encapsulated that gnawing thing that has plagued me always about relating to others. All these years of trying to put my finger on the problem but having it slip away. Evade me.

Now I know. Thank you.

(...and knowing the problem, have you found a cure? I'm guessing not. I'm guessing I, you, everyone afflicted, will die this way...)

Barachai

Local time
-->
Ah, "Vanity of vanities, all is vanity! What profit has a man from all his labor in which he toils under the sun?"
I think I get that feeling.

Anticitizen

Local time
-->
and the question of "why is there something instead of nothing?" i

When it's 3:30 am, you're slightly drunk, and you're typing that exact question into Google in order to find some meaning in life.... you might be an INTP.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
-->
I too identify as a medieval weird...

...and in these two short lines you have encapsulated that gnawing thing that has plagued me always about relating to others. All these years of trying to put my finger on the problem but having it slip away. Evade me.

Now I know. Thank you.

(...and knowing the problem, have you found a cure? I'm guessing not. I'm guessing I, you, everyone afflicted, will die this way...)

(See New Thread)

No, I don't have a cure
But i do have some comfort..

“He who has an ear let him hear
What the Spirit says to the Churches.
To him who overcomes
I will give some of the Hidden Manna to eat
And I will give him a White Stone,
And on the Stone, a New Name written
Which no One knows except him that receives it.”

Revelations 2:17

I was going through some old family photos
(Perhaps, not the wisest thing for a depressed
Person to do at Christmas time)
I noticed that at some point in time
I quit smiling when I was photographed
So when did the happy child
Transform into the cold-hearted
Old, distant (ugly) ‘Loner’
Displaying an INTP personality?

Not being an extrovert, I believe
I formed my personas, played my roles
To become a good actor
Using my personality as a shield
Defensively responding to socially-caused Pain
I learned to mask my emotions
I became ‘unemotional’, ‘unreadable’
Yet it seems that people
Always read something
From a blank page…

I often wonder why certain people rejected Me
Didn’t they see I was still a smiling child behind a mask?
C. H. Cooley said that people are Mirrors,
Perhaps that is all I am
All people ever see their own selves reflected
From Me, a Blank page, an empty Mirror
So perhaps I am never
Seen thru Others’ Eyes

So who can see Me, know Me?
When is the word, ‘We’
Destined to acquire a deeper meaning?
Perhaps Loveofreason is right ‘We’ may have to wait…

Ancalion

Local time
Today 6:54 AM
-->
When it's 3:30 am, you're slightly drunk, and you're typing that exact question into Google in order to find some meaning in life.... you might be an INTP.

Did that. Pointless.

There's no higher purpose for humanity. There's no God, Gods or a higher intelligence. I always think that i am outside humanity, as a another race descendant of the early man. When you look outside the window and see them rushing to their jobs, to their families you get a feeling that you're an alien on your own planet. They like to say that they live their lives at the fullest, doing all sort of crazy things. But i wonder if us, the "aliens", those who ponder over the infinity of the Universe or other small things :), are living our lives to the fullest.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
I wonder the same thing.

Looking in from the outside is a strange kind of freedom to perceive, but also a prison against action.

Luzian

Local time
-->

-Becoming fascinated by one particular aspect of something, which is particularily uncommon and dull for most humans.
One example would be communication. We all do it,and thus we ignore it in it's complexity.
But yesterday I stopped just to watch two people speak, noting not just their words, but their movements, tone,stance and possible thoughts..
I found it fascinating, like I'd never thought about it really....not without a human twist... it really is a complex and brilliant thing which is altogether one of our greatest acheivements.
Not only linking things places and people to words, but developing entire concepts through words...

This often gets you in trouble with people who can't see things in any other way, so you might not mention it often...

-Sitting quietly and pondering about how pointless and futile everything is, especially all the human achievements around you.
So, basically removing yourself from the bubble of human experience to observe it objectively, without any influence of how a human normally perceives what he takes for granted.

I think in essence, this is what objectivity is. To be the calculator, not an integral part of the equation.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
Hey, you've summed it up nicely.

Yes, thats what I'm getting at.

Next to no-one feels that like at anytime.

At least thats how I understand..

perhaps everyone gets it, and then, depending on their intelligence/ personality:

-decides they are feeling ill/tired

-becomes religious on account of feeling empty

-enjoys it.

Luzian

Local time
-->
Next to no-one feels that like at anytime.
This is the INTP's real detachment. I've thought about it a bit recently.

perhaps everyone gets it, and then, depending on their intelligence/ personality:

-decides they are feeling ill/tired

-becomes religious on account of feeling empty

-enjoys it.
People tend to do the easiest things they can do, though managing a balance where there is the least amount of acceptable consequence.

Most people don't need to know how things work, they just need to know that it does, and this is what seperates us.

Ancalion

Local time
-->
So is thinking profoundly different a new stage in our evolution? It could be that INTPs are the next step.

Luzian

Local time
-->
So is thinking profoundly different a new stage in our evolution? It could be that INTPs are the next step.
The way I see it, N's are always the next step, while S's were the ones before

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
Some people worry about robots replacing us all. But I know I'm safe- only the sensors have to worry about that. :D

Ancalion

Local time
-->
Terminator anyone? Cyberdine is riiiight over the corner.

bdz

Redshirt
Local time
-->

This after not particularly enjoying the social activities of said night at all (although pretending to others that you are).

Story of my life.

So, basically removing yourself from the bubble of human experience to observe it objectively, without any influence of how a human normally perceives what he takes for granted.

I think in essence, this is what objectivity is. To be the calculator, not an integral part of the equation.

That is perfect. I still can't deal with or accept this, it drives me insane.

Top Bottom