• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 9:36 PM
-->
Why do hot showers feel so good? It's almost orgasmic.

Esurient Fere

*grownup
Local time
Today 4:36 AM
-->
Local time
Today 5:36 AM
-->
A painting in the ruins is the last re-presentation of vision - the function of the eye, the last re-presentation of sight and sentiment.

The finer technique, the closer the approximation to sight.

The image of the eye is coveted as its loss leads to a yearning. It was the pain of a lost visual simulation that pushed the painter to the deed.

A painter indulges in a visual memory. A beautiful painting captures the observer's attention indefinitely - one may look forever. The painter needed to look forever at what he/she had partially lost. The painter thus goes through great efforts reproducing his/her object of beauty. An attempt to eternalize what has, and what will pass - the past.

When asked "where do you want to be?", the painter replies, "the moment of this vision".

The painter is passive and utterly nostalgic. Paintings are always static, thus, paintings always fail to capture what has inspired its creation in its totality. From this perspective, a painting is always a failure, as it lacks motion.

The painter wishes to inspire, or re-produce, not the motions of the object per-say, but, the elicited inner motions - to re-create an experience within the body. That is the challenge - for the motionless to give motion.

A painter wishes to immerse himself in a moment for eternity, and so, the painter can be thought of as an escapist. On the other hand, it can be said, that by understanding that the plurality of moments is essential to a beautiful moment, the painter renounces this urge.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Yesterday 11:36 PM
-->
coming from america with a highschool diploma, if i were going to norway would i start uppersecondary or get an a.s or b.s im confused

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
coming from america with a highschool diploma, if i were going to norway would i start uppersecondary or get an a.s or b.s im confused

Under what circumstances are you going there(it's hard giving an answer without the circumstances)? Generally a quick search tells me it would be very hard to be accepted directly into a Norwegian university.

You could perhaps start uppersecondary and test out of some subjects/a year, but you would need to learn Norwegian. Generally with just a high school diploma you would probably have to go uppersecondary first(the Norwegian education system is simply different from American).

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Yesterday 11:36 PM
-->
im wanting to live there permanently, i am 80% of the way to an associates of science. well above american hs level in math. idk thanks

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
im wanting to live there permanently, i am 80% of the way to an associates of science. well above american hs level in math. idk thanks

You are better off getting a degree first and trying to find a job/further education based on that degree.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
I feel like my laziness has come to a full circle as I have started looking into "ways to train without getting out of your bed".

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:36 PM
-->
Plop plop plop klok flok blok clock jlock slock fluppity floopity flawpity plackity plackity chlackity

ploopy klooky butthole ploppity plop plop

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
Yesterday 10:36 PM
-->
^If the above counts as a "random thought"... (are the "sound changes" in rhymes based on actual rhythms of a song?)

Why are the most obvious patterns of the keyboard searched up? The "Urban Dictionary" only has the most typical entries, consisting of the most obvious "qwertyuiopasd.....", that pattern backwards "mnbvcxzlkj...", some of the diagonal patterns "qazwsxedcrfv...", and some other patterns like "qwaszxerdfcv..."

However, they don't have "qwaszxcvdfertyghbnmjkuiopl." This isn't that big of a jump from the previous pattern (last example in the first paragraph). There are many more patterns that have not been added to that dictionary even though it already contains some of the keyboard patterns. Why are only the simplest patterns listed?:evil:

I must say, this behavioral pattern certainly looks like me venting. Oh well.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
I have a fear of sinkholes. Looking at pictures of them is as detestable as looking at pictures of bad trench foot, but for some reason I can't look away. Or those fungal infections that make lots of those tiny holes in the skin, sinkholes give me a similar feeling.
I can handle earthquakes, severe winter storms, barracuda attacks, etc., but a sinkhole will swallow your ass right up. It's also gross just looking at them, and I've seen some gruesome shit.

MyrtieR

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Should I go partying with really good friends in the weekend (like I always do), or start working on my online project. Maybe it's time for a change:confused:

INTPiee

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I have a fear of sinkholes. Looking at pictures of them is as detestable as looking at pictures of bad trench foot, but for some reason I can't look away. Or those fungal infections that make lots of those tiny holes in the skin, sinkholes give me a similar feeling.
I can handle earthquakes, severe winter storms, barracuda attacks, etc., but a sinkhole will swallow your ass right up. It's also gross just looking at them, and I've seen some gruesome shit.

Ew, tiny holes in skin? Have you looked up trypophobia? I think that's what it was called. Google images give extreme examples which is probably disturbing to most people, but I guess sink holes would have a similar effect on someone who actually has the phobia.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
saw a psychiatrist today and it further cements my belief that psychiatrists are morons who have no clue what they're doing

like, how can someone have any professional opinion based on reading a file littered with misinformation, and then make significant decisions regarding medication for that person?

use your fucking brain

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
-->
^Well, they earn money for what they do, and the general public "approves" of it. Starting a petition or something would take too much time...are you just ranting?
____
What happened on February 4th, 2013? (most guests and most users online)

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
SWYgYW55IG9mIHlvdSBib3RoZXJlZCB0byBkZWNvZGUgdGhpcyB0aGVuIEkganVzdCB3YW50IHlvdSB0byBrbm93IHRoYXQgeW91IHdhc3RlZCBnaXZlIG9yIHRha2UgMjAgc2Vjb25kcyBvZiB5b3UgbGlmZSB0byBkbyBzby4gQnV0IEknbSBvbmUgdG8gdGFsayBiZWNhdXNlIEkgd2FzdGVkIGV2ZW4gbW9yZSB0aW1lIHRoYW4gdGhhdCB0byB3cml0ZSB0aGlzIGFuZCBlbmNvZGUgaXQuIFBlYWNlLg==

Local time
-->
It swirled on candycane eyes. Fresh flowers glowing with soft sunlight. A collapsed moon releasing dust like popcorn hidden in boo radleys tree and found by a vagabond who frowned at the unsettled leaves of the oceans sway. I stirred the bowl of warm butter and sugar for crumbling sweet cookies at noon. Had the time gone faster i would have smiled more. Enjoyment in the unsolvable puzzle of pebbles and cacti blossoms blooming purple in the cloud's thunder as lightening darkened the frozen peaches. The hands were dry and warm that held the wet clay of life lust by the fish pond. If only for less than it had been.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
saw a psychiatrist today and it further cements my belief that psychiatrists are morons who have no clue what they're doing

like, how can someone have any professional opinion based on reading a file littered with misinformation, and then make significant decisions regarding medication for that person?

use your fucking brain

Why are you seeing one in the first place? You could be the real moron for getting into that situation to begin with. But it's true, most of them are probably like that, being in it mostly for the prestige rather than real, actual scientific interest in the brain or human mind. So they just do their job and rely on factual information which may not always be on the file, so they work together with the patient and use good judgment. That's how they care.

They're even willing to talk it out and change the medication if it means more appropriate treatment. They probably don't even know what they're doing if they juts hope to dope people out, psychiatry is a far behind discipline without entheogens. They hope to see a long term change in the brain just one step short of a lobotomy, who's to say they are right for that without even the proper equipment for how you can actually heal and resolve a conflict? You can't just use a pill to suppress the ailments. It's a strange conspiracy.

Local time
-->
Inability to process certain emotions, particularly emotions that are repressed or denied under any given culture such as, for example, anger or rage, can be overcome through the art of music. It requires an artist (a teacher, a type of shaman) with great familiarity of emotions and of instruments. The works of an artist allow the listener who suffers from repression to explore and gain control of the emotion that the artist has set up as a reference by taking the listener step by step through the complex energetic movements associated with an emotion.

Local time
-->
i should trust my first impressions of people a lot more than i do. i keep shutting down alarm bells in my head when im talking to people im not familiar with(usually because i tend to, in my head, blow the tiniest details out of proportion and read a lot into the smallest gestures). friends write it off as yet another episode of me being paranoid, and are dumbfounded when i decide i dont want to talk to a person i just met ever again. but then months later they come back to tell me my paranoia spot on

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
-->
How simple can a Rube Goldberg machine be?
-Other than being visually appealing, are there any other benefits to it?
(Constructing take a huge effort, and "destructing" is a piece of cake...:mad:)

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
When making a generalization, people seem to assume you are ignorant of, or neglecting the exceptions. This results in them being unnecessarily pedantic when analyzing what you are saying. There are times when that may be necessary, but it often distracts from the point being made.

Redfire

and Blood
Local time
-->
When making a generalization, people seem to assume you are ignorant of, or neglecting the exceptions. This results in them being unnecessarily pedantic when analyzing what you are saying. There are times when that may be necessary, but it often distracts from the point being made.

These kinds of problems are the reason why it's so exhausting to discuss with people.

The question is: is it still worth it? Why? When is it worth it, when is it not worth it?

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Must be why hardcore runners and gym rats who workout are all crazy

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 2:06 PM
-->
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Must be why hardcore runners and gym rats who workout are all crazy

^
That's always been one of my least favourite sayings. It would be insane to roll a die one hundred times and genuinely expect the same result every time.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
^
That's always been one of my least favourite sayings. It would be insane to roll a die one hundred times and genuinely expect the same result every time.
If you get a static + 1000 modifier to a d% roll then practically whatever you roll isn't going to affect the result above the average 5%. Depends if you have any clue about the modifiers involved in the game or none at all.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
i spend another night obsessing over socionics intertype relations and my family

http://www.socionics.com/rel/rel.htm

i might have figured it out but i will always second guess the other day ...

four people. that makes six relationships. mind boggling. and most of them suck.

Why analyse it any further than that? \(o.O)/

But seriously... I've found socionics relations to not really hold up, at all. I think types all get on pretty much equally well, although some are more likely to be drawn to each other (I'm thinking N types here - shared intellectual interests). I think it's really just a matter of similar vs different in terms of one's cognition and behaviour.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Why are you seeing one in the first place? You could be the real moron for getting into that situation to begin with. But it's true, most of them are probably like that, being in it mostly for the prestige rather than real, actual scientific interest in the brain or human mind. So they just do their job and rely on factual information which may not always be on the file, so they work together with the patient and use good judgment. That's how they care.

They're even willing to talk it out and change the medication if it means more appropriate treatment. They probably don't even know what they're doing if they juts hope to dope people out, psychiatry is a far behind discipline without entheogens. They hope to see a long term change in the brain just one step short of a lobotomy, who's to say they are right for that without even the proper equipment for how you can actually heal and resolve a conflict? You can't just use a pill to suppress the ailments. It's a strange conspiracy.

I think I briefly mentioned it to you before... but basically, and yes I am a moron for it, I ended up in the psych ward after binging on synthetic pot for a few weeks. I'm now being forced to take antipsychotic medication and may have to indefinitely. The psychiatrist who signed off on putting me on this order had spoken to me for about 10 minutes, so I'm thinking this is a pretty routine thing they do for people who have a hospital stay there.

The thing is I know, from research too, that these drugs are not helping, yet it would be near impossible to convince a psychiatrist to let me off it because they are so (delusionally, in my opinion) sure that they're doing what's appropriate, even though it totally isn't...

I'm not sure how to get out of it the forced meds if they do extend the length of the order. I'm seriously considering moving to a different state if I can.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
gave up on notepad+ in favor of sublime text today.

[BIMG]https://i.imgur.com/ENJRtJu.jpg[/BIMG]

the scheme is Enki Light and still have to improve the sidebar- and scrollbar-theme to match enki.

can you tell i like pastel versions of lavender? rgb 50,50,100.

the color of suppressed desires :(((( :cry:

my about:newtab is this one

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
I think I briefly mentioned it to you before... but basically, and yes I am a moron for it, I ended up in the psych ward after binging on synthetic pot for a few weeks. I'm now being forced to take antipsychotic medication and may have to indefinitely. The psychiatrist who signed off on putting me on this order had spoken to me for about 10 minutes, so I'm thinking this is a pretty routine thing they do for people who have a hospital stay there.

The thing is I know, from research too, that these drugs are not helping, yet it would be near impossible to convince a psychiatrist to let me off it because they are so (delusionally, in my opinion) sure that they're doing what's appropriate, even though it totally isn't...

I'm not sure how to get out of it the forced meds if they do extend the length of the order. I'm seriously considering moving to a different state if I can.
The thing is, you were caught using the synthetic pot. It's hard to see how using anti-psychotics to get back to baseline besides the theory that the drugs induced a transient psychotic like state that lasted as long as you were stoned. The ten minutes thing is manipulative and usually they try to get as much info as possible before dispensing the meds. It's probably a standard thing for the synthetic weed stuffs. Trying to convince them you need to get off could end disastrously and they'll probably see it as a symptom and needing to stay on the meds even longer. If they aren't helping they could be hurting with a negative effect on the brain not to mention there probably weren't any real symptoms to begin with in your case. The only kind of therapy that should work is psychedelic, not chlorine based medicines. In a certain sense you could be said to be cannabis dependent and the drugs are used to get you off it and back to normal, if there were any negative effects from it.
You know what they say, you should move down to California, there are plenty of jobs here.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
The thing is, you were caught using the synthetic pot. It's hard to see how using anti-psychotics to get back to baseline besides the theory that the drugs induced a transient psychotic like state that lasted as long as you were stoned. The ten minutes thing is manipulative and usually they try to get as much info as possible before dispensing the meds. It's probably a standard thing for the synthetic weed stuffs. Trying to convince them you need to get off could end disastrously and they'll probably see it as a symptom and needing to stay on the meds even longer. If they aren't helping they could be hurting with a negative effect on the brain not to mention there probably weren't any real symptoms to begin with in your case. The only kind of therapy that should work is psychedelic, not chlorine based medicines. In a certain sense you could be said to be cannabis dependent and the drugs are used to get you off it and back to normal, if there were any negative effects from it.
You know what they say, you should move down to California, there are plenty of jobs here.

Well, the thing is I probably do have a psychosis based disorder, at least from my understanding of what psychosis is (essentially: prolonged surreal/dream-like experience effecting cognition) but it's episodic, and episodes occur while on anti-psychotics or not (this is the norm with these drugs), and it makes me feel worse rather than better. I'm a lot better than I used to be, but I no longer smoke synthetic and I drink far less alcohol. I'm currently not psychotic, but there is no reason to think that this is because I am on anti-psychotics, yet they say that's why it is, and I have found it very difficult to convince them on anything even when my argument clearly makes sense. This is normally the case with these things - Community Treatment Orders. As far as I know, there is no research which suggests that they are actually effective, even at what their intended goal is.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
If you do it could be one that arises naturally but most likely it's not as there are a lot of drug fueled instances of psychotic episodes using various substances and synthetic weed isn't one of the more weird ones, also known as "spice". Neuroleptics are not supposed to completely suppress all the symptoms, but they could relieve them a little. The argument can be made that they don't have any effect at all so it would be compared to lobotomies and maybe someday the practice could stop. There could have been more effective treatment options in the old days before they were outlawed. For example I would suspect your acid use will have been looked at as harmful and in need of treatment because it was something you did that's looked at as needing healing as a taboo activity. They just won't listen because they are experts and went to school for it so what they were trained with has to take precedence. So what if it is the medicine that makes you feel better? I doubt they could ever truly know if it works without brain scans and seeing the before/after effects changes to the designated regions in the brain over a period of time. They don't really know what they're dealing with or trying to treat in the first place so are hoping a wide range of receptor changes via pill could help and some additional community therapy support. You don't really need to take the medicine but if can integrate all the life lessons you needed then you should be able to get back to baseline. The only problem is they won't recognize it and still insist on the pill being the only way to help. They're just doing their job and probably don't care as much to begin with. It could also be good that they look at alcohol as a problem and try to cure it. Some of the doctors probably drink themselves only it's okay because they aren't schizophrenic or anything. You can probably just get a deal to go to rehab and take care of it all that way. Back then they would administer something like LSD to get rid of the alcoholism and it would work most of the time. There's no use arguing with the authorities who could easily lock you up in a mental hospital just by as easily calling you schizophrenic. It's an easy enough problem to take care of especially if you seem a threat to the establishment. They can still accommodate the resource shortages. So with acid use being a problem rather than solution now it could be that it's a cause for psychotic symptoms rather than a cure. Just as long as you don't hear voices they shouldn't be able to label you psychotic. It seems like the law and mental health systems are rigged to manipulation so they can get rid of people who seem a threat to society, threat in this case meaning someone who's different and it's so it's like they're doing the right thing by disposing of the offenses. They can't yet think of any other solution. Ultimately the sad part is the treatments actually work and you just have to conform and go through the program, which could take weeks. Who knows how long they can have you on the ends though, and what negative health changes they have on your body. It's a great crime and if you consult your psychiatrist you should be able to change the medicine. Once you can show some life changes you might be able to convince them of some improvement of some sort. It's an uphill battle if you're all in it for the wrong reasons and the talking is usually seen as a sign of craziness or talking to yourself. You can't convince them of anything. You'll come off as one of those crazy people who like to talk a lot. Most people regret seeing the doctors who can treat psychedelic drug use as a psychotic symptom, and not really help that much. In reality you probably stick out like a sore thumb and they are jealous, trying to keep you locked up instead of trying help. This of course would be looked at as a delusion creation even further need to keep you on meds until such thinking goes away. It's a catch-22 circular reasoning scenario with people taking a long time to to provide treatment patients actually need. There's nothing you can do, it's best to go cold turkey from here on out and just wait it. So it's probably just a misconception that certain people have a chemical imbalance in the brain and need pills to fix it. It's more complicated than that but the science is currently behind, using outdated models. At least when you first start taking them they have a stronger effect, if you have been using them a while they'll probably be weak and not that noticeable while it's kicking in. There might be serious brain changes as with anything but you'll have to notice whether there's any effect or not.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Asymmetric brain use is similar to brain lesions. I noticed it in myself that my right side has been neglected. I have been using it more and it burns on that side. It's like if your muscles have atrophied and you are now exercising too much. I am trying to balance out both sides of my brain but it hurts allot because I neglected that one part that is asymmetrical in use to the other side.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it and a pebble hadnt dropped through itd stop straw inside the apple ebcause gravity cant apple

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
-->
[Trying to find something I want to argue about with someone and finding nothing is a paaaiiin]

Local time
-->
Resistance movements only seem other than in appearance; generally, they are pseudo-antagonists whose function serves to repel and distract the formation of a potential competitor.

A feature of a significantly large system whereby it distributes enough of its own internal energies to create spaces for simulated assault serving as a control measure or even as a catalyst.

Local time
-->
Absolute pragmatism is a characteristic of the downtrodden; an expression of helplessness and submission. When combined with cynicism and nihilistic perspectives it creates a manipulative, apathetic, plainly materialistic, and shameless type of creature.

Excessive social regulation (e.g. P.C culture) increases the probability of the existence of these types. A relatively high degree of repression and disharmony between the public and the private (if developed to a certain degree) may also create the feeling of hatred and the desire for revenge.

The desire of revenge is not necessarily directed toward its source due to difficulty or a lack of clarity (i.e. misidentification) thus it is easily channeled toward certain predispositions (e.g. Palaeolithic impulses) and expressed therein (consider, for example, that affinities toward BDSM-related activities are rooted in revenge, that is, it is a relatively accessible pathway to the fulfilment of a desire caused by extraneous factors).

Local time
-->
While one can certainly appreciate the value of politeness; an excessive fixation on its expression whereby one is restrained by the fear of causing offence leads to poor communication and understanding of one another.

Aren't some of the most significant aspects of a person founded on their pains?

Local time
-->
Social media profiles generally function in order to exhibit a particular social character so as to satisfy certain need(s). In the past, females depended on social events to estimate a male's proficiency whereas presently it is possible to imply social value with the use of virtual profiles. Social and public relations are veils worn by subjects adapting to circumstances of a particular social order where females judge in relation to ideal veils defined by the ruling order.

Information sent by a subject through a social profile always accords to the standards and expectations of the social sphere which the subject wishes to exploit for a set of needs, an instinctive process in most cases. Presently, the tools required to perform common sexual strategies are a body (but not a brain, hence instinctive), a camera (combined with an instinct to capture images of sexual value), access to luxuries (e.g. festivities and travel), other bodies (that exhibit desirable traits), and access to the internet (to prove the aforementioned).

Note that since females are seeked rather than being seekers, the motivations at play are probably quite different in nature. To start with, notice that pictures uploaded onto their profiles are directed at their own bodies to a higher degree than males who generally seem to show a preference for images relating to what is mentioned above. This seems to indicate vanity, however, what is more likely, is that, it is an insecurity (of two distinct forms), either an insecurity based on the need for the effect of the action (e.g. positive feedback), or, likelier still, an insecurity based on the lack of social security where the action serves to increase the probability of securing relations (with a male).

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
Today 12:36 AM
-->
I feel I´m in a loop, impossible to escape....

*bored*

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
opening up my chakras is painful
but at least my mental health is improving because of it

Top Bottom